Become a Patron!

HIC's COCOA COOKIES (best chocolate I've ever vaped)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
i just got cocoa and chocolate from fa, and they are very dark, and i'm worrying about gunking coils. I vape in a tank around ~.2ish ohms. when you mix it would you say it is more amber? or dark amber? I just got my bottles too, and i'm going to experiment mixing single flavors before i try mixing them together. i've been mixing my own ejuice on and off for a couple years and then i'd smoke again on and off, ugh. lol i'm determined this time to stay off the cancer sticks, but i need to find a juice i can vape all day, everyday.

As much Cocoa as there is here, I consider it more of a treat-vape than an all-day-vape. Chocolate isn't really the problem, but 3% Cocoa will require more frequent wick changes, for sure.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First off - Thank you HeadinClouds for this recipe - Absolutely ..... DEAD.... SPOT... ON ... WOW! (Much Amaze!)

Found VU looking for a specific Clone or two, then started reading a bit. Then read some more... so glad i did, having just started vaping (almost 4 weeks now) .. and this was my first DIY - absolutely delicious! Second attempt was to vary it up a bit, went like this:

1% FlavourArt Cocoa
0.5% FlavourArt Cookie
0.5% The Flavor Apprentice Brown Sugar Extra
0.5% FlavourArt Caramel
0.5% FlavourArt Vienna Cream
1.5% FlavourArt Chocolate
1% FlavourArt Orange

running both of these thru an mvp 3.0 with Kanger Aerotank mini's @ between 8/12 watts. Nice flavor with no burn.
very happy with both of these .. the variation (ala HIC's suggestion in org post) with the orange is good but not enough orange for me ;p
next try on this is waiting on my order of TFA AP to come in so i can skip the cookie .. thinking i will bump up the orange & chocolate .5% and the AP will test at .25 -.5% - Guess what i'm shooting for with this would be a flavor close to pepperidge farms milano orange cookies (minus the cookie).

oh wait! Whats that ... over there ... what is that ... Swiss Bliss !? hmmm still have to wait for the AP -dang!

Thanks to everyone here recipe/experience wise for making my first foray into DIY a success ..

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
thinking i will bump up the orange & chocolate .5% and the AP will test at .25 -.5% - Guess what i'm shooting for with this would be a flavor close to pepperidge farms milano orange cookies (minus the cookie).

oooohh, I love those Pepperidge Farm cookies! Instead of just Orange, add a combo of Orange + Mandarin, using only half as much Mandarin. That 2:1 Orange:Mandarin makes a better orange addition to most recipes than just plain orange, and it would be right for those cookies.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for the tip! ( ordered the AP a few hours ago so still have days yet to go ....bleh~ ) mandarin was one flavor I actually ordered as a 'whynot' addition thinking it would come in handy re the orange 'solution' i was looking for - so i actually have it... Where is that AP ... [foot tapping] is it here yet ? I ordered it like 3 hours ago - is that the mailman?! lol

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yep yep... orange + mandarin 2:1 .. thats working out nicely... :) ok.. sooooo already have the brandy .. just have to add on the bergamot (never heard of this b4 vu) ... so when the AP gets here .. will still have to wait for the berg cuz of course great thoughts come 'after' you click the order button.. ;p
thinking 4:2:1 Orange/Mandarin/Bergamot .. pinch of brandy .. get the cocoa & choc working right .. then just have to adjust the cream ratio ... can NOT wait to put this together ..

Vape this at lower power to avoid scorching the cocoa flavor.

I am glad you mention this. I made your chocolate cigar (starts with a "T" but forget the name at the moment) a month or so ago, and I couldn't seem to get more than a few minutes with it before I started to taste nothing but burnt manure. What wattage are we talking? I burnt the chocolate cigar at 9 watts.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hic, reading through the thread and seeing what people are vaping this at leads me to believe that my vaping one of your chocolate type recipes on my dripper at 1.2 ohms at 25 watts is what is making my wick burnt and taste like crap in a very short time? I should be vaping your chocolate recipes with my 1.2 ohm much lower? I thought 25 watts was lower.

zOzBaSHa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hic, reading through the thread and seeing what people are vaping this at leads me to believe that my vaping one of your chocolate type recipes on my dripper at 1.2 ohms at 25 watts is what is making my wick burnt and taste like crap in a very short time? I should be vaping your chocolate recipes with my 1.2 ohm much lower? I thought 25 watts was lower.
i vape HIC recipes with chocolate/cocoa on my dripper with dual coil .5 ohm at 25 watts and it taste good but in certien flavor dripper like magma , vengeance , driengger
if you go with dark horse or turbo like dripper dont expect much flavor from any

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i vape HIC recipes with chocolate/cocoa on my dripper with dual coil .5 ohm at 25 watts and it taste good but in certien flavor dripper like magma , vengeance , driengger
if you go with dark horse or turbo like dripper dont expect much flavor from any

I use a mutation x v3. It has great flavor.good to know about the others.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

I know cocoa (and dark flavors in general) can scorch with too much power, but will leave the specifics to those who have tried different equipment. It's always great in my basic hardware. FA Chocolate is less sensitive, but I like the flavor best with cocoa.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know cocoa (and dark flavors in general) can scorch with too much power, but will leave the specifics to those who have tried different equipment. It's always great in my basic hardware. FA Chocolate is less sensitive, but I like the flavor best with cocoa.

What is your basic hardware?

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will have to get a few more concentrates but this recipe is definitely going to be on my to mix list.
Thank you for sharing!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I will have to get a few more concentrates but this recipe is definitely going to be on my to mix list.
Thank you for sharing!

I think this was the first recipe I made with Cocoa as the main flavor. At the time I vaped a lot of Halo's Belgian Cocoa, and I was really glad to discover I could make something I liked even better, and so much cheeeeeaaaper.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think this was the first recipe I made with Cocoa as the main flavor. At the time I vaped a lot of Halo's Belgian Cocoa, and I was really glad to discover I could make something I liked even better, and so much cheeeeeaaaper.
and then you shared it with us. Thank you!!!!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Just coming here to say that I have ordered FA flavors just for your recipes, they look amazing. I have never used FA so it will be a first (I have a question people here might be abole to help me with http://vapingunderground.com/threads/about-flavor-of-different-brands.101119/)

I also register to this forum just for you HIC :D

Well, welcome to VU! If you like chocolate (real or vaped), this is a good example of what FA tastes like. I posted over in your other thread, hope you have some fun with your new flavors!

Maxime

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yep I'm looking forward to it. Since I have tried dr Crimmy's PB cookie I fall in love with cookie flavor but never manage to get a really chocolate chip cookie with my capella flavors :D

Maxime

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just got the flavors! (after some struggles with the postman) I'll try it soon!!!

Last edited:

Maxime

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hi (me again) so I mixed your recipe (the nutella cookie) and I can't taste anything but arch hazelnut. no cookie, no cocoa. here is what I did :
Cocoa FA 1,50% 0,23 ml
Halzelnut FA 0,50% 0,08 ml
Cookie FA 1,00% 0,15 ml
Brown Sugar TPA 0,50% 0,08 ml
Caramel FA 0,50% 0,08 ml
Vienna Cream FA 0,50% 0,08 ml
PG/VG/Nic base : 14,33 ml

Total 15ml 20PG/80VG - 2mg nic

my calculation seems to be right, that it need more steep than just shake n vape?
I should at least taste other stuff I guess?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hazelnut's a strong one, and yes it's mellows a bit with time, especially in the presence of acetyl pyrazine (which is in FA Cookie). So you can let it sit a day or two and taste the change. You ought to be tasting cocoa already, though - be sure to shake that one before you use it. You can always add more if you want.

If you're in search of nutella flavor, I have two more recent recipes for that:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-nutella.26295/
and http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-ferrero-rocher-nutella-truffles.26298/

The basic recipe for cocoa cookies here is still a favorite for me, but those newer ones are really excellent nutella.

Maxime

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll try the basic one so the hazelnut won't be interfering thanks for the tips.

SweetVapinSue

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thank You HeadInClouds!!! I mixed up your cocoa cookies about 6 weeks ago and just tried it again. It has become one of my favorites when I'm in the mood for something chocolate. Very Good!!!! Vaping it on a little Aspire Nautilus Mini around 8 Watts on an iStick.

Hey I was curious if you had an idea of what temperature FA Cocoa scorches at? I am a HUGE fan of the flavor , and your recipues. I've been making a chocolate milk and yesterday I decided to add 1% cocoa to it and see how the flavor worked. It worked amazing! FA Cocoa and FA chocolate paired together is an incredible layer of flavor. My only problem is the cocoa ruining my coils in like 30 mins. I know you don't sub ohm, but have any idea about what a good temperature would be to vape this. Thanks! And keep on keeping on. ^_^

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hey I was curious if you had an idea of what temperature FA Cocoa scorches at?

I don't know that anyone has ever found the "scorch point" for Cocoa (or any other flavoring) - I hope you'll post it if you do.
If you look through this thread, you'll see several people commenting on the settings that worked best for them with this particular recipe.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know that anyone has ever found the "scorch point" for Cocoa (or any other flavoring) - I hope you'll post it if you do.
If you look through this thread, you'll see several people commenting on the settings that worked best for them with this particular recipe.
It really depends on the device and tank one is using. Lower ohm coils create a different temperature than higher ohms, and all tanks are different. The "sweet spot" for my Kanger sub tank at .5 ohms is very different from the .3 in my Mutation. You just have to start low and play with your wattage. ;)

Thanks for the quick response. I did thumb over real quick HiC. I've always ran on the more power driven builds but ATM I can obsessed with my Lemo 2 with a temp control build. The flavor is out of control in my opinion, so I've been messing around with different flavors I might not use while sub ohming. My build is .051 ohms with 50 joules. Triple twisted nickel 200 28 gauge, wrapped around a 3MM bit, and about 8 wraps. That being said, I vape about 430 degrees for my vapes and its been working like a charm. I preordered a cthulu v2, and as soon as I get that up and running I won't mind using my lemo as a taste tester or vice versa depending on how the cthulu performs. More testing to be done! Thanks again

tminit

Member For 4 Years
As someone who doesn't sub-ohm or come close to it, I really appreciate when people add specifics like this - thank you!
Still pretty new to vapn and have read a lot of your posts stating chocolate burns when going sub ohm. To show my inexperience, I am going to ask this question. Would a mod with temp control over come this? I run a Sig 150 TC (not for the power but battery life of 2 650's. I normally vape around 30-40 J and 300-350 temp with a Sig elite 2 tank. the coil comes in at .30.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@tminit if you experiment with it, please let us know your results. I don't think there will ever a single answer that works to please everyone.

lownote2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would have never ordered FA cocoa until I ran across this recipe and thought "hmmmm, interesting." So I ordered it and gave the recipe a go. YUM!! I'm so glad to now have yet another flavor in the arsenal. Tried it as posted above and also tried it with FA Irish Cream. Both are really good.

I haven't had a TGI Fridays Mudslide for a long time, but it's immediately what I thought of when tasting the Cocoa flavor. So now my heads spinning with possibilities. Maybe a little kahlua if anyone makes a decent flavor of it with the FA irish cream.

Very tasty recipe HIC, thank you for all you contribute to this community.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I haven't had a TGI Fridays Mudslide for a long time, but it's immediately what I thought of when tasting the Cocoa flavor. So now my heads spinning with possibilities. Maybe a little kahlua if anyone makes a decent flavor of it with the FA irish cream.

mmmmmmm - that's my kinda flavors! FlavourArt does a great job on all those:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-kahlua.1850/
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-mudslide-cocktail.3159/
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-creamy-cocktail-vape-party-numerous-recipes.1852/

lownote2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, looks like I'm off to order more flavors lol. That mudslide looks delicious. I was already planning on ordering the Jamaican Rum on my next order anyway and perhaps give the FA Brandy and Whiskey a go. Funny think is I'm not that much of a drinker anymore lol, but have been wanting to see what I can come up with with these flavors.

I just got the Irish Cream the other day and am wanting to see how it plays with custard weird as that may sound I think there's something to try there.

One thing I can say for sure is HIC, is that whenever one of your recipes catches my eye that I am interested in it seems it always sends me to ordering more flavors. That's a good thing though, I'm starting to build quite the collection. It's always a lesson in patience waiting for more to arrive though.

I've got the day off today with no big plans other than breaking out the flavorings, pg, vg and nic and seeing just what I can come up with.

As always, I sincerely thank you for your contributions.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Funny think is I'm not that much of a drinker anymore lol, but have been wanting to see what I can come up with with these flavors. ... I just got the Irish Cream the other day and am wanting to see how it plays with custard weird as that may sound

Neither am I. Real Baileys in my cuppa coffee sure makes me smile, but most of the rest I prefer as a vape.
FA Irish Cream is great with vanilla and vienna cream (http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-irish-lass-creamy-vanilla-irish-whiskey-coffee.1819/) so with custard doesn't sound at all weird to me.

lownote2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just sat down to mix and saw this, I'm going to give the Irish Lass a mix now. Looks good and I actually have all the flavors. Vienna Cream is a staple of mine. I always keep plenty on hand.

For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Cocoa Cookies recipe: dark chocolate cookies, not overly-sweet - excellent chocolate flavor

3% FlavourArt Cocoa
1% FlavourArt Cookie
0.5% The Flavor Apprentice Brown Sugar Extra
0.5% FlavourArt Caramel
0.5% FlavourArt Vienna Cream

Excellent real cocoa flavor and delicious-smelling vapor trail! Vape this at lower power to avoid scorching the cocoa flavor.

For variations, drop the Cocoa to 1.5% or 2% and add other flavorings - like peppermint, orange, peanut butter, walnut, espresso, hazelnut, Irish Cream - and I'm sure you can come up with other ideas. A favorite of mine is Nutella Cookies: Use 1.5% Cocoa and add 0.5% FlavourArt Hazelnut.

Shake 'n vape!

Hello HIC...Please tell me, for the Nutella cookies:
can I use TFA Brown Sugar instead of Brown Sugar Extra? and FA Nut mix instead of the Hazlenut?

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm thinking this + the cheesecake filling recipe = oreo cheesecake? SCHWIIIIIIIING

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hello HIC...Please tell me, for the Nutella cookies:
can I use TFA Brown Sugar instead of Brown Sugar Extra? and FA Nut mix instead of the Hazlenut?

Brown Sugar Extra was renamed to Brown Sugar, so you have exactly what you need there.
Nut Mix can give you a good idea of the intended flavor; it has some hazelnut to it. IMO Hazelnut's just better with chocolate-y vapes, but don't hesitate to try what you have available.

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Score! I have all these flavors on hand. Funny- I have had FA cocoa for a LONG time & could never find a way to make it work for me. Looking forward to trying this. Much appreciated. :)

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Update: I Let a 10ml sample steep for day in my warm spot. This recipe is very much a "dark chocolate" which is my only kind of chocolate I'll eat. It totally kicks ass. Definitely not overly sweet. Me likey! I have some SC Coffee that is really, really good- I wanna try adding a bit to this. :)

Last edited:

madjaggar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've been vaping this at 30-35 watts and don't get much flavor. What's the best temp to maximise flavor but not burn for this recipe

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors