Become a Patron!

HIC'S GERMAN CHRISTMAS COOKIES (Zimtsterne)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Zimtsterne recipe: (Cinnamon Stars). These traditional German Christmas cookies consist of ground nuts, sweet cinnamon meringue to hold it together, and lemon-meringue glaze. (For a bakery recipe click here.) You’ll be surprised how sweet, rich, and mild FA Hazelnut tastes here, even immediately after mixing. This is my favorite hazelnut recipe yet, so great with a cup of coffee.

3% FA Hazelnut
1% TFA Meringue (originally used FA Meringue, but I think TFA's tastes superior here)
1% FA Cinnamon Ceylon
0.5% ethyl maltol (TFA Cotton Candy)
0.5% FA Lemon Sicily
0.5% FA Cookie

I’m using ethyl maltol to toast the meringue tops, sweeten cinnamon into cinnamon-sugar, and take away the raw edge of fresh hazelnuts. Be sure to use TFA's plain "Cotton Candy", which is simply a 10% ethyl maltol solution, NOT "Cotton Candy (Circus)" flavor!

The little bit of FA Cookie makes Hazelnut buttery-rich. You’ll taste that even right after mixing, but that effect continues to develop if it sits overnight.

Some German bakers use dark rum, orange, or Kirschwasser instead of lemon. To try those variations, just replace Lemon Sicily with FA Jamaican Rum, FA Orange, or FA Cherry.

Last edited:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC's Zimtsterne recipe: (Cinnamon Stars). These traditional German Christmas cookies consist of ground nuts, sweet cinnamon meringue to hold it together, and lemon-meringue glaze. (For a bakery recipe click here.) You’ll be surprised how sweet, rich, and mild FA Hazelnut tastes here, even immediately after mixing. This is my favorite hazelnut recipe yet, so great with a cup of coffee.

3% FA Hazelnut
1% FA Meringue
1% FA Cinnamon Ceylon
0.5% ethyl maltol (TFA Cotton Candy)
0.5% FA Lemon Sicily
0.5% FA Cookie

I’m using ethyl maltol to toast the meringue tops, sweeten cinnamon into cinnamon-sugar, and take away the raw edge of fresh hazelnuts. Be sure to use TFA's plain "Cotton Candy", which is simply a 10% ethyl maltol solution, NOT "Cotton Candy (Circus)" flavor!

The little bit of FA Cookie makes Hazelnut buttery-rich. You’ll taste that even right after mixing, but that effect continues to develop if it sits overnight.

Some German bakers use dark rum, orange, or Kirschwasser instead of lemon. To try those variations, just replace Lemon Sicily with FA Jamaican Rum, FA Orange, or FA Cherry.

Sounds fabulous - I think I even have EM somewhere:D

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
this looks familiar.. :p
i have something about the same, but my hazelnut and my cookie switch percentages..
also have liquid amber in mine.. at .5% ;)

looks good, HIC! :D

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh yay! I tried a hazelnut biscotti type thing that didn't pan out on Friday. I'll make this one! Thanks, HIC.

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you have a recipe for Pfeffernusse?

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As always, thanks for the efforts HIC. I love the seasonal recipes. I'm really looking forward to some maniac like Wllmc dropping a corned beef and cabbage for St Paddys day!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Bangers & Mash.

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Do you have a recipe for Pfeffernusse?

Ganz bestimmt! (youbetcha) - still tweaking, along with several other 'ethnic' Christmas cookie recipes. I'll post them as they finish testing. Testing 'requires' baking trays of cookies, so it takes me time. If you want German cookie vapes sooner, you could make one of "Oma's" spicy cookie recipes over here: http://vapingunderground.com/thread...rsnaps-molasses-crinkles-lebkuchen-more.1960/

I'm glad to know there are other cookie fans. (got FA Black Pepper?...lol, it'll be optional)

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ganz bestimmt! (youbetcha) - still tweaking, along with several other 'ethnic' Christmas cookie recipes. I'll post them as they finish testing. Testing 'requires' baking trays of cookies, so it takes me time. If you want German cookie vapes sooner, you could make one of "Oma's" spicy cookie recipes over here: http://vapingunderground.com/thread...rsnaps-molasses-crinkles-lebkuchen-more.1960/

I'm glad to know there are other cookie fans. (got FA Black Pepper?...lol, it'll be optional)

Pfeffernüsse würde Pfeffernüsse ohne die Zugabe von schwarzem Pfeffer!

Ein Rezept für Stollen, wenn Sie zu machen, Dank

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Stollen is good :)
Damn right it is! I made 120 Loaves of it yesterday and they were sold out by 9:30 this morning.

Toasted Stollen with fresh sweet cream butter- mmmm, best breakfast since grits, bacon, and eggs.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
lmao.. ahhh.. wow.. :D

i dont think i can compare my grits eggs and bacon with stollen :p
but you forgot the tomatoes, fried green.. :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Pfeffernüsse würde Pfeffernüsse ohne die Zugabe von schwarzem Pfeffer!
Ein Rezept für Stollen, wenn Sie zu machen, Dank

I agree about the pepper, but I think we'll be in the minority.
I doubt I could do stollen without FA Panettone, which is a kitchen flavor, and it would need to be the main one.

VU Sponsors