HIC's KAKTUS FRUIT CREAM

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Kaktus Fruit Cream recipe: (inspired by @JayZ 's recipe for real prickly-pear fruit crème - thank you JayZ!) A smooth and refreshing blend of fresh cream with sweet cactus fruit, fresh lime juice, a generous splash of grenadine, and a sprig of mint. Inawera Kaktus tastes mild and especially smooth here. This is one I can happily vape for hours on end.

1% Inawera Kaktus
1% FA Lime Cold-Pressed
1% FA Fresh Cream
1% FA or TFA Pomegranate
0.5% FA Cherry** OR 0.25% FA Raspberry or Black Cherry
0.25% - 0.5% FA Spearmint

shake and vape!

**Pomegranate and Cherry are used for a grenadine flavor. If you don't have FA Cherry, I suggest 0.25% of FA's stronger Raspberry or Black Cherry instead. Either will change the overall flavor a little bit, but they're excellent subs for FA Cherry in this recipe.

FA Spearmint contributes more flavor than the fraction-of-a-percent might indicate. I rarely use Spearmint in recipes, but the cool 'green' mint flavor really complements Kaktus. I prefer definite spearmint flavor (0.5%), but if you want only a little hint of mint, use 0.25%.

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
have you tried the grenadine flavor from fe? its spot on..
I use it for fuzzy navals..

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I know there are a few genadine flavors out there. If you try one here, I hope you'll let us know how it worked out!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kactus fruit cream loves me! I used the .25% spearamint and raspberry variant! This will be great in the summer! I tried the prickly pear margarita also. I really like the spearamint in here!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Kactus fruit cream loves me! I used the .25% spearamint and raspberry variant! This will be great in the summer! I tried the prickly pear margarita also. I really like the spearamint in here!

I rarely used FA Spearmint for anything other than gum flavors before this, because it reminds me so much of Wrigley's. The recipe for the actual dessert (from @JayZ ) had mint leaves, so I forced myself to try Spearmint here. I really like the results! Since then, I've made peace with FA Spearmint and can use it in recipes without tasting gum. :)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I rarely used FA Spearmint for anything other than gum flavors before this, because it reminds me so much of Wrigley's. The recipe for the actual dessert (from @JayZ ) had mint leaves, so I forced myself to try Spearmint here. I really like the results! Since then, I've made peace with FA Spearmint and can use it in recipes without tasting gum. :)
In time I wish to make a mojito mixed drink with this....hmmm...what liquor would you use?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is my favorite mix. I wish I knew if kaktus had any baddies in it. It sure seems to have some sweetener.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is my favorite mix. I wish I knew if kaktus had any baddies in it. It sure seems to have some sweetener.

The FA flavors HIC uses are all free of diketones - this is one reason FA is so much loved! (There are a few flavors that used to be in the kitchen line that do contain diketones, but these are few and HIC always notes them - if they are even used).

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@AmandaD , I think he means Inawera Kaktus. I don't think diketone info is available on Inawera. But yeah, the FA flavors here are all clear.

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I mixed up a kaktus fruit cream flavor bottle and made a few bottles. I must have messed up on my first mix. This mix is straight up good shake and vape!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Well, I mixed up a kaktus fruit cream flavor bottle and made a few bottles. I must have messed up on my first mix. This mix is straight up good shake and vape!

Even when a recipe doesn't say "shake and vape" like this one, it's always a good idea to try it fresh-mixed. You never know when you might prefer it that way, plus then you'll know later what changes (if any) aging/steeping has on a recipe.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh my, I mixed this up before my last flavor order and realized halfway in that the only cherry or raspberry I had was Lorann's. I detest the cherry, tastes like Luden's cough drops, so I used the raspberry.
DON'T DO THAT.
Lol! Whatever chemical reaction occurred in that mix made it taste like pure bubble gum and I HATE bubble gum vapes! On a lighter note, I gave it to a friend at work and she thinks it's the best bubble gum juice ever created, so all is not lost....:D
Went to Mama J's right after and fixed that problem. ;)

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
HIC's Kaktus Fruit Cream recipe
I will have to try your recipe along with jazzing up my "Cactus Dew" with FA Spearmint (in vape mail). The Spearmint might
be the key flavor needed. I hadn't given Spearmint a thought until I saw your recipe. I love FA Peppermint.
I'm vaping a new version of Cactus Dew right now, but it could be tweaked a bit more.
Of course I don't have all the FA flavors listed. Though I may have a tiny 3 ml sample bottle of FA Lime. I'm not sure which one it is as the label has faded.
If I don't have it, I will use either TFA Key Lime (more lime, less "key"), or my favorite FW Key Lime.

morgoth32

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi HIC'S I made up the recipe yesterday using my usual base
10ml test bottle
70%VG/30%PG
Nicotine 1.4ml (14%)
PG 2.6ml (26%)
VG 5.6ml (56%)
Kaktus 0.1ml (1%)
Lime cold pressed 0.1ml (1%)
Fresh Cream 0.1ml (1%)
Pomegranate 0.1ml (1%)
Cherry 0.1ml (1%)
Spearmint 0.05ml (0.5%)

Tried this today it's a very pleasent unusual flavour and I could easily become addicted to its hard to describe,the Kaktus flavour is there it tastes just as it smells getting the lime and spearmint on the exhale but it's catching my throne a bit need a bit of advice on Where I have went wrong if possible still new to mixing

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hi HIC'S I made up the recipe yesterday using my usual base
10ml test bottle
70%VG/30%PG
Nicotine 1.4ml (14%)
PG 2.6ml (26%)
VG 5.6ml (56%)
Kaktus 0.1ml (1%)
Lime cold pressed 0.1ml (1%)
Fresh Cream 0.1ml (1%)
Pomegranate 0.1ml (1%)
Cherry 0.1ml (1%)
Spearmint 0.05ml (0.5%)

Tried this today it's a very pleasent unusual flavour and I could easily become addicted to its hard to describe,the Kaktus flavour is there it tastes just as it smells getting the lime and spearmint on the exhale but it's catching my throne a bit need a bit of advice on Where I have went wrong if possible still new to mixing

If you can, let some sit (capped, room temp) for a day before trying again. Any "edge" you taste fresh should calm down quickly.

morgoth32

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks HIC'S Im not giving up on this one it's definitely the most unusual addictive flavour I've tryed to date usually let any of my mixes steep for a week at least although most are stand alone flavours my kanger sub tanks take about 7ml I think I'll need to make a new batch I also made up your recipe for the presidential prickly pear margarita I haven't tryed it yet though do you think I should let that steep for a few days to

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I also made up your recipe for the presidential prickly pear margarita I haven't tryed it yet though do you think I should let that steep for a few days to

It's just a matter of preference. I like Kaktus fresh and feisty. Some others like it after it mellows a bit. I always recommend trying some fresh, even if you intend to steep it, just so you'll know how it changes over time.

morgoth32

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's just a matter of preference. I like Kaktus fresh and feisty. Some others like it after it mellows a bit. I always recommend trying some fresh, even if you intend to steep it, just so you'll know how it changes over time.

morgoth32

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not sure how my reply tx didn't appear? Try again
Thanks again for the advice I'll make a new batch and let it sit for a bit I'm new to the forum but I've been reading through your recipes I intend to try a lot more of them as 98% of my concentrates are now FA I started experimenting with them at the start of the year as my usual brands were falling short. I have not been disappointed with FA so far except possibly there cigar flavours, which I think the fault was mine by mixing them at to high a percentage. I don't have all there's flavours yet, around the fifty mark, but working on it

morgoth32

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Great thread link, very informative I've tried many cigar flavours since I stopped smoking them over three years ago but nothing really came close I'm definitely going to try out some of the recipes in the thread I like the FA Tuscan reserve as a stand alone at 3% maybe a bit strong if it's left to long to steep, btw I mixed your Toscanello Fondente cigar recipe yesterday but I'm going to leave that for a week or so before I try it

morgoth32

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tryed the recipe again after made a 10ml tester after steeping for a week or so the harshness that was catching me as a shake and vape has totally gone so is the 10ml this is an excellent recipe and a total change from my usual cigar flavours imo for my tast the steeped version is spot on using istick 50w 1.5omh coil @ 4v kanger sub tank going to make a bigger bottle now and try next week after steeping sub omh thank you for a great recipe it's opened my eyes to what can be achieved mixing your own I'm going to look for more of your recipes and try them

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Another recipe to keep me busy, thanks for sharing

Leave a block of free time open for when you start playing with Inawera Kaktus. At 1% or less, it's really interesting with FA's fruit flavors.

VU Sponsors