Become a Patron!

HIC's Mixes: DIY recipes store

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Retox- i agree.. im not a beginner but by no means a pro mixer, but i have figured out a few flavor tricks with various brands and combinations. FA I do not have much experience with, so what things i do pick up from here just get added to flavor knowledge. iv already reformulated a couple of my recipes with pretty dam good results - (i will post once i get a few more nailed- id love to give back to the group..) they came out better than anything you could buy from premium juice makers!! hopefully more success to come!!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds as you add new recipes to the new site, will you still be posting here so we don't miss any new ones?

That's my plan! (VU wasn't letting me post images earlier today, thus the delay ;))

New today at HIC's Mixes : Nutella Graham Cheesecake
p Nutella Graham Cheesecake 200.jpg

"Sweet chocolate-hazelnut cheesecake. If you like Nutella spread, this is a must-try recipe. An amaretto-chocolate variation is included. This recipe uses FlavourArt flavorings plus Cheesecake Graham Crust by The Flavor Apprentice."

I made this especially for those who don't like (or can't stand working with) acetyl pyrazine. FA flavors do an awesome job duplicating Nutella - did you know it's an Italian product? - and making it cheesecake is especially rich.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have Homevape Peanut Butter in one tank and Nutella Cheesecake in another.....this is bliss....:)

SteveMc

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
I'll try the cheesecake and LMP and then will prob buy 10 or so, give it a few weeks. :)

OK screw that, want some more. HIC, is there anyway to basket and pay all at once or do you have to pay individually?

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'll try the cheesecake and LMP and then will prob buy 10 or so, give it a few weeks. :)

OK screw that, want some more. HIC, is there anyway to basket and pay all at once or do you have to pay individually?

lol - really, DO please try some of mine from VU first to see if my style and FA flavors appeal to you. If you try a variety of my VU recipes, you'll also be accumulating the flavorings I use most often. There is no shopping cart now that all listings are there all the time.

SteveMc

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
lol - really, DO please try some of mine from VU first to see if my style and FA flavors appeal to you. If you try a variety of my VU recipes, you'll also be accumulating the flavorings I use most often. There is no shopping cart now that all listings are there all the time.
OK, will try the couple and experiment with what I've ordered and go from there.
I'm a Chef so will have fun I'm sure, love the fact that you share a lot for free. I do that a lot myself, the compliments are payment enough most of the time. :)

SteveMc

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
:) Thank you, @Teresa P

@SteveMc , if you're a chef, and you've done some DIY with other brands, FA will sure please you!
Played with about 10 concentrates and it was just standard add shake and vape, nothing at all like you do. Money was tight so didn't get any more nic or diluents so left it.
Have just ordered 900ml nic 72mg [7.2] base, VG and 12 concentrates to get the ball rolling, can see another concentrate order going in very soon.
I don't want to mix anything that contains Diacetyl, Acetoin, or Acetyl Propionyl so it should be an interesting journey.

Wiltallica

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey HIC, theres a donut i get from a local bakery. Its a blueberry glazed donut. I just purchased your old fashioned donut recipe and im so excited i have everything i need to make it!! I was wondering if you could give me advice on making it a blueberry flavored old fashioned donut? I have blueberry wild and blueberry extra. Maybe pm me if you cant discuss on forum? Thanks man!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hey HIC, theres a donut i get from a local bakery. Its a blueberry glazed donut. I just purchased your old fashioned donut recipe and im so excited i have everything i need to make it!! I was wondering if you could give me advice on making it a blueberry flavored old fashioned donut? I have blueberry wild and blueberry extra. Maybe pm me if you cant discuss on forum? Thanks man!

If it's an old-fashioned style doughnut (made with sour cream, buttermilk, even yogurt rather than yeast for leavening - like my recipe is modeled on) I assume you'd just need to add whatever blueberry flavor you think tastes like the ones your bakery uses. Try it plain first, then add your berry gradually to the right strength. If you were using FA Bilberry, I'd start 0.25%.

p.s. - high-5 for having all the flavorings!

Last edited:

Wiltallica

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
image.jpg Yup had em all! just started DIY a couple weeks ago but this is my setup. Got about a dozen more flavors coming in on saturday to fill up that bottom row. But ya got the cool briefecase box thing from micheals for about $15. I used those rigid cardboard corners you get when you order something big from UPS for my rows so my flavors arent laying flat but you can still see the flavor names. Theres pry a thread for everyones setup but i couldnt find it and just thought i would share! :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
(for those who don't follow the FA thread)

lab tests on FA flavoring: http://flavourartnaflavourreports.com/

THIS part especially interests me, from the bottom of that page:
"Please watch for news of the public release of information regarding our Flavour Art Clear Stream Onward research this September 2015. This will move us another decade ahead of others in knowledge and assurance in long term understanding of health affects of our flavours used for inhalation in vaping." Some of us noticed FA's ClearStream pages recently vanished from their main website, so I'm sure curious what this "release of information" might be!

By the way, those lab tests show a couple flavors as "clear" that still have warnings on FA's main website. For example, Peanut: http://flavourartexpress.biz/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=674 - I'll bet it will take a while for vendors to all get the new versions in stock (if recent experience with Joy is typical, it'll take a couple months). As far as I know, only wholesalers can get them right now, from FA's new North American center in Canada.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Damnit, HIC! Too many new recipes!! . Just now mixing the German peach gummies I got from you awhile back *hangs head in shame* Made a 10ml bottle of the flavor mix and impatiently waiting for nic base to warm up from being in freezer so that I can mix up a bottle of the eliquid. Did a taste of a bit of a droplet, though, and YUMMERS!

Sent from my Z970

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damnit, HIC! Too many new recipes!! . Just now mixing the German peach gummies I got from you awhile back *hangs head in shame* Made a 10ml bottle of the flavor mix and impatiently waiting for nic base to warm up from being in freezer so that I can mix up a bottle of the eliquid. Did a taste of a bit of a droplet, though, and YUMMERS!

Sent from my Z970
Lol, I still have at least 5 paid for recipes I haven't tried.... Busy summer...
No worries, there's at least 10 HIC's Mixes I'm far from tired of...

Sent from my shoe phone using Tapa Toe Pro 4

cindycated

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm, Quickberry Pink...I love you HIC, and thanks for the free sample, Will!
mwah-o.gif

Xtobacco

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have ordered about 10 recipes in total within the last couple months and worth every penny. To anyone who is starting out in DIY do your self a favour and order a few recipes. I still make some of my own creations but damn these are good

Being from Italian descent the lemon Creme soda is spot on. Wow! Definitely my favorite right now. Still working on a few others and had to place a huge order.

For 3 bucks a recipe it's well worth the time and aggravation of mixing and mixing and mixing, even though it can be fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lemon Pudding Cake is fantastic. Lemon Sicily is the only FA flavoring I've used extensively for the past few months, and I've noticed it has a tendency to fade rather dramatically over the course of a few days in everything I've used it in. Still the best lemon on the market, IMO. Gonna bump her up a half percent for the next batch of LPC. And maybe a little extra Joy. Always a little extra Joy. I'm vaping the super-glazed version of Old Fashioned Doughnut as I type this. :D

I've broken my own DIY cardinal rule by not testing Joy standalone before mixing it, but honestly I don't care at this point. It works in everything I've put it in thus far!

cindycated

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just mixed Neopolitan Ice Cream and had to stop by and say how much I admire the SIMPLICITY of mixing HIC's stuff. All the measurements are nice and even, and all the ingredients make sense to be there - none of these 0.89%, 5 drops for every 30ml unless it's a full moon then add 8, or any of that other weirdness. (I'm exaggerating, but some recipes just get way too complicated and for what? They don't even come out that good) And I love how everything's explained - this and that is what makes the ice cream part, the reason this other thing is in there is to bring out that other thing, etc.

100ml of this stuff and it smells wonderful! But I'm gonna let it steep as I vape this weird creamy concord grape thing that I came up with on my own and completely botched up :confused: (too broke to throw it out) :D

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

New today at HIC's Mixes : Almond Orange Cake

p Almond-Orange Cake 200.jpg
"Inspired by Spanish, French, and Scandinavian desserts with layers of cake, almond pastry cream, and sweet orange preserves. Numerous tested flavor substitutions and additions are suggested. This recipe requires TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust and FlavourArt flavorings, including Torrone and Joy."

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just gave up and ordered a 30ml bottle of cheesecake graham....with this new one, the Nutella Cheesecake, etc, that little 8ml doesn't stand a chance....:D

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use this one more than any TFA flavoring I have, and I have soooo many. Some have never been opened, but the CGC gets a real workout!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
New today at HIC's Mixes : Almond Orange Cake
View attachment 27825
"Inspired by Spanish, French, and Scandinavian desserts with layers of cake, almond pastry cream, and sweet orange preserves. Numerous tested flavor substitutions and additions are suggested. This recipe requires TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust and FlavourArt flavorings, including Torrone and Joy."

I totally forgot about this one - got to mix it up :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
...mango sticky rice recipe...

@Wrendejo , just had to tell you I'm inching in this direction. All the custardy desserts with pandan, dark palm sugar, sago, and coconut currently have my attention. Fortunately a local specialty market has all the supplies I could ever need. How to mimic pandan with easily-found flavorings for a vape version is another matter entirely!

rikitik22

Member For 4 Years
@Wrendejo , just had to tell you I'm inching in this direction. All the custardy desserts with pandan, dark palm sugar, sago, and coconut currently have my attention. Fortunately a local specialty market has all the supplies I could ever need. How to mimic pandan with easily-found flavorings for a vape version is another matter entirely!
HIC, McCormick brand makes pandan flavouring if that would help. (Product from the Philippines - you can find it in some etching/specialty stores in the US. I even found some McCormick brands in a big grocery chain here in Toronto - not the Pandan flavouring though) I tried it once with some RY4 recipes and it's not to bad...

Wrendejo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You have no idea how much that excites me!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I even found some McCormick brands in a big grocery chain here in Toronto - not the Pandan flavouring though) I tried it once with some RY4 recipes and it's not to bad...

That makes so much sense! Many people add acetyl pyrazine to RY4. Part of the unique flavor of pandan comes from a very closely related actetyl- molecule. So I see how it would work with RY4!

There is another source of the same acetyl- molecule that makes pandan so distinctive: aromatic rice. Turns out some underhanded companies add cheap pandan flavoring to cheap rice and try to pass it off as more expensive aromatic (basmati or sticky) rice. And non-Asians like me associate the characteristic smell of aromatic rice with an entirely different food (shhhh! I'm sure some of you see where this is headed :) I'm all geeked out on flavor trivia, currently vaping my equivalent of the Thai sticky rice with coconut custard and mangos that will follow our curry dinner here tonight. :)

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I found that pandan essence ("product of Thailand" "dau la dua" with accent marks I can't duplicate) at first sniff does have the notes those ECF'ers describe, but other notes are more pronounced when you actually taste it. Fortunately real pandan leaves are available to me. Very interesting that they're more fragrant after they wilt or freeze - same as with sweet woodruff. I'll bet the plants could grow in Florida - someone ought to start a pandan fad here in the U.S. I have found a way to get the flavor in vapes without using mystery ingredients...recipe soon!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
New today at HIC's Mixes : Thai Mango Sticky Rice
p Thai Mango Sticky Rice 200.jpg
"Khao niaow ma muang is a sweet treat made of aromatic sticky rice with rich coconut milk, sweetened with jaggery (palm sugar), topped with fresh mango. The nuances of aromatic sweet rice and the traditional pandan are captured in this vape; recipe notes describe the contribution of each flavoring and provide some alternatives for the fruit topping. Exceptionally appealing, authentic flavor to satisfy your sweet tooth! FlavourArt and The Flavor Apprentice flavorings are required, including FA Walnut and Cardamom, TFA Kettle Corn and Sweet Woodruff."

Yes, the photo is from one of the batches I made for this project. Real cooks will notice I destroyed the texture of some awesome Thai sweet rice with brutal stirring, but it was delicious anyway! So I'm not cut out to be an Asian chef, but I gotta say - this vape version is fantastic, and it's totally worth collecting any flavors you're lacking.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Over 300 flavors....yet no kettle corn.... *sigh*.....

VU Sponsors