Become a Patron!

HIC's Mixes: DIY recipes store

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hey HIC...Gumroad has once again stopped sending me notices when you post new recipes. This keeps happening. How can I fix that?

That's me, not you! I intentionally paused it post-holidays to consolidate into one email, which will go out in about a week. Didn't want to add too much the barrage of holiday spam ;)

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
HIC I remember before the holidays someone asked you what flavors to stock up on for upcoming recipes. You mentioned TFA Banana Nut Bread. I purchased, are you going to be posting anything on Gumroad utilizing that flavor? Thanks!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC I remember before the holidays someone asked you what flavors to stock up on for upcoming recipes. You mentioned TFA Banana Nut Bread. I purchased, are you going to be posting anything on Gumroad utilizing that flavor? Thanks!

Ooops! I'm sorry I didn't get that done by the holidays, but yes I will finish!
(Meanwhile, that TFA flavor is pretty good all by itself, somewhere 8-10% to start.)

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BNB is one of TFA's finest for sure!

My favorite use for TFA Banana Nut Bread:

TFA Banana Nut Bread: 6%
FA Walnut: 2%
IW Biscuit (or sub FA Cookie): 2% (1.5%)
FA Vanilla Classic: 1.5%
FA Bilberry: 1%
FA Caramel: .5%
FA Maple Syrup: .5%
TFA Brown Sugar: .5%
Sucralose: .5% (not required, but I like it because it makes the bilberry go POP)

Shake and vape. Walnut settles down into the zone after a day or two.

If you get the banana nut pancakes from IHOP and put the blueberry syrup on them, this is pretty close to what you end up with. :D

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
BNB is one of TFA's finest for sure!

My favorite use for TFA Banana Nut Bread:

TFA Banana Nut Bread: 6%
FA Walnut: 2%
IW Biscuit (or sub FA Cookie): 2% (1.5%)
FA Vanilla Classic: 1.5%
FA Bilberry: 1%
FA Caramel: .5%
FA Maple Syrup: .5%
TFA Brown Sugar: .5%
Sucralose: .5% (not required, but I like it because it makes the bilberry go POP)

Shake and vape. Walnut settles down into the zone after a day or two.

If you get the banana nut pancakes from IHOP and put the blueberry syrup on them, this is pretty close to what you end up with. :D
Thanks! I'll definitely mix this up!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

New today at HIC's Mixes : Banana Tiramisu

p banana tiramisu.jpg
"The Flavor Apprentice's Banana Nut Bread and FlavourArt's Tiramisu are united in this extra-flavorful, banana-mocha dessert vape. Imagine layers of creamy banana pudding, mocha-soaked cake, and nutty butter-rum sauce. This recipe also requires Brown Sugar by The Flavor Apprentice, plus several other FlavourArt flavors, including Jamaican Rum and Pear. All flavorings used are diketone-free."

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
...and
I just updated my "HIC's Notes on FlavourArt Flavorings" file. Since the October 2015 revision I've added all the "e-motions" flavors, SOHO, a minor one or two, and updated about a dozen others. If you have an even older revision, you're missing a LOT of notes!

The current version is always available free here: http://www.hicsmixes.com/notes-etc.html

Baba Fats

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi HIC.
I purchased your Toucan Cereal last week. I picked up all of the flavors and mixed it up about 5 days ago. I've shaken it up daily, and let it steep for those whole 5 days before trying it. Today I did, but it doesn't taste anything like cereal to me. There is no cereal flavor to it. In fact, it tastes like Sprite soda. I'm assuming that is the lime. Any thoughts on what could cause this? Does it just need more time to steep? Or could I adjust the recipe somehow?

Thanks

Bugley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just stopping by to say big thanks to HIC and VU for helping me start my DIY journey a year ago! I have recently bought some of the recipes from Gum Road and I am loving them so far. Looking forward to catching up and sharing some of my creations on the FA thread later.:)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Just stopping by to say big thanks to HIC and VU for helping me start my DIY journey a year ago! I have recently bought some of the recipes from Gum Road and I am loving them so far. Looking forward to catching up and sharing some of my creations on the FA thread later.:)

You've been secretly DIYing for a year? I'm so glad you decided to pipe up here - welcome!

Bugley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You've been secretly DIYing for a year? I'm so glad you decided to pipe up here - welcome!
Secret Mixing Agent Bug reporting for duty Sir! LOL! Not exactly in secret! I was hanging out on a UK mixology forum and lurking/learning here at VU. It would be rude not to join in especially when you have taught me so much:D

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey all. I have been meaning to reply on the Pink Masaratti from Hic's Pink Caddillac Collection. I mixed it up and vaped it over Christmas! Ok, I am not a big fan of cranberry and I have purchased/tried recipes of HIC' s with flavors I don't care for...example tiramisu, yet the Strawberry Mocha Frappuccino was awesome. Needless to say the Pink Maseratti was another winner. Idk how you do it, HIC, but you mix em up and you mix em great! Thank you! And thank you to the sweet lady who bought this for me for Christmas.

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
HIC - quick question. I'd like to buy 5-6 recipes from your store (they all sound delicious) but it's not letting me group them together and buy them together. Having to make 5-6 separate paypal payments is a pain for me and costs you money.

Also, gumroad makes me agree to...

"I want to use <my bank account one> for all future purchases with Gumroad Inc."

I don't want to do that. When I use paypal, I usually switch between two different accounts (depending on which has money in it). PayPal lets me decide which account I want to use, but Gumroad won't????

Any suggestions?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC - quick question. I'd like to buy 5-6 recipes from your store (they all sound delicious) but it's not letting me group them together and buy them together. Having to make 5-6 separate paypal payments is a pain for me and costs you money.

Also, gumroad makes me agree to...

"I want to use <my bank account one> for all future purchases with Gumroad Inc."

I don't want to do that. When I use paypal, I usually switch between two different accounts (depending on which has money in it). PayPal lets me decide which account I want to use, but Gumroad won't????

Any suggestions?

You can use any credit card, any time. It's asking you for a default, trying to save you time with multiple purchases. Here's how to change that: https://help.gumroad.com/11164-Payments/how-do-i-update-my-credit-card-information . If you're shopping using PayPal, it uses whatever you have set up in your PayPal account.

There used to be a cart option, but those extra couple required actions generated far more questions (complaints, problems) than the current system, so I simplified it as much as possible.

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks for the info. Maybe I was reading it wrong, I thought I *had* to set a default PayPal account.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not to change the subject, but I have almost all of the recipes from Gumroad, but there are quite a few I haven't made yet. Anytime HIC posts a new one, I go ahead and get it because I know it'll be good and then just mix it when I have time or think about it. One I've had for awhile now is the Jamoca Almond Fudge, but I finally made that one today. HIGHLY recommend this one! Jamoca used to be my favorite ice cream at Baskin Robbins and this juice tastes so much like it! Big win!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This really made me want some lemon pudding cake, but my new bottle of Joy won't be here till tomorrow. :(

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

New today at HIC's Mixes : Pomegranate Turkish Delight

p Pomegranate Turkish Delight.jpg
"Inspired by lokum ("Turkish Delight" candies) this recipe transforms FlavourArt Pomegranate into a sweet fruit-and-nut gel candy flavor. This recipe requires only FlavourArt flavorings, including Torrone, Marzipan, and Fig (which is used as a sweetener). FA Rose is optional but recommended for the most authentic Turkish Delight flavor."

You know those days when no flavor sounds great? I wanted something out of the ordinary, extra sweet, and boldly flavored. I found it with this recipe before I even excavated my Rose flavoring bottle. But with Rose it's extra delightful! If floral flavors make you nervous (used to be the case for me), this recipe is an ideal first one - you can leave it out or start low and still have a great vape.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Purchased and mixed....but without the rose, one of the rare flavors I don't have. :(

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Love florals. Might have to give this a try.

HIC.... you're gonna have to start including an option to one click buy the recipe + the flavors from MamaJ. Every time you post a new one I find myself adding to that cart!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love florals. Might have to give this a try.

HIC.... you're gonna have to start including an option to one click buy the recipe + the flavors from MamaJ. Every time you post a new one I find myself adding to that cart!

ECX is doing something along that line with recipe "kits." I saw recipes by Wayne Walker and NotCharlesManson. If you purchase a kit, you get the recipe and 10ml bottles of each flavor required to make them.
When Mama J's reopens from their move, I think this would be a grand idea for HIC recipes. ;)

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vape mail came today! Gonna mix some HICS after the kids are in bed!

Sidebar: While I'm not a fan of the actual Lemon Merengue Pie, I tried a LMP flavor at the local B&M yesterday and it was AMAZING. Now I have to order more flavors to make HICs LMP!

You're going to love it! It's one of my favs! I've never had actual lemon meringue pie but HIC's is yum yum great!

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
New today at HIC's Mixes : Pomegranate Turkish Delight
View attachment 40919
"Inspired by lokum ("Turkish Delight" candies) this recipe transforms FlavourArt Pomegranate into a sweet fruit-and-nut gel candy flavor. This recipe requires only FlavourArt flavorings, including Torrone, Marzipan, and Fig (which is used as a sweetener). FA Rose is optional but recommended for the most authentic Turkish Delight flavor."

You know those days when no flavor sounds great? I wanted something out of the ordinary, extra sweet, and boldly flavored. I found it with this recipe before I even excavated my Rose flavoring bottle. But with Rose it's extra delightful! If floral flavors make you nervous (used to be the case for me), this recipe is an ideal first one - you can leave it out or start low and still have a great vape.

ohhhh shizzle...this sounds yummy!! am so gonna get this one

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
My Vienna Cream arrives tomorrow, so I'll be going full breaking bad in my kitchen on a bunch of HICs recipes and a few others. That stuffs in everything!

I'd give Vienna Cream the title of "most versatile/useful FA flavor." It was among the first FA I tried, and I'm sure no week has gone by that I haven't vaped it something.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
ECX is doing something along that line with recipe "kits." ... you get the recipe and 10ml bottles of each flavor required to make them.
When Mama J's reopens from their move, I think this would be a grand idea for HIC recipes. ;)

With 10ml of each flavoring, you'd come out even only if they're all used at the same percentage.
So if the next kit you buy includes one you already have as leftovers, you end up with multiple bottles of it.
I'm imagining new DIYers could buy just a few kits, yet end up with multiple bottles of some strong and accent flavors, like coffee and spices.

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
HIC, what makes you decide to post a free recipe vs add it to your store? You have some simple ones in the store (like Chinese Almond Cookie) and then some complex ones for free (Lemon Merengue Pie )

I'd have to assume it's R&D related. Or mood perhaps.

Just curious ;)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC, what makes you decide to post a free recipe vs add it to your store?

It's almost entirely a date cutoff. I opened my online store in late January, 2015.
Everything older that I still feel is worth making is here on VU, something over 100 of them.
Most everything since Jan 2015 is in my store.
I still occasionally put one on VU instead of the store. That's usually when I'm on a roll but there's a lull in the forum postings.

GingerVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You all better make sure you got the stuff for HIC'S Donut recipe! OMG, I made 60ml, I think I made a mistake, gonna go through that in a week!
Just put it in a tank, and wow!
I did leave out the Joy... I have discovered that I don't care for the flavor at all, for me, it has a strong aftertaste. That said, I have about 3 bottles of Joy, if anyone would like some, send me a message. I will send it for shipping costs only.

Cheers!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You all better make sure you got the stuff for HIC'S Donut recipe! OMG, I made 60ml, I think I made a mistake, gonna go through that in a week!
I did leave out the Joy... I have discovered that I don't care for the flavor at all, for me, it has a strong aftertaste. That said, I have about 3 bottles of Joy, if anyone would like some, send me a message. I will send it for shipping costs only.

Cheers!
So the donut still tasted good without Joy?

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Cheers!
Do you mean Hic's Old Fashioned Donut?

VU Sponsors