HIC's PINK BUBBLE GUM

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Pink Bubble Gum recipe: Double Bubble, Bazooka, Hubba Bubba... - so many variations in pink bubble gum, yet not ONE vendor's bubble gum flavor tastes like ANY of them! I quit trying to fix vendor versions, researched bubble gum history, learned the actual chemicals used in American pink bubble gum, and made my own recipe with flavorings that use those same chemicals. This is the flavor of original 1928 pink Double Bubble. The detailed, nerdy notes are not just highly entertaining - they tell you substitutes for fine-tuning your results - so be sure to read everything.

2% TFA Wintergreen OR 2% Nature's Flavors Organic Wintergreen
2% Vanillin (available ready-to-use here)
1% TFA Cinnamon Spice
1% FlavourArt Orange

Even if you're too young to remember those jaw-exercising pink wads of Double Bubble, you'll recognize this as kiddie sweet, pink bubble gum. Even after you've mixed it yourself, you'll be hard-pressed to identify any of the 4 flavors that combine to create that familiar bubble gum flavor. Such a cool flavor trick!

Wintergreen: By the time the first pink bubble gum was invented, methyl salicylate, which we recognize as wintergreen, was commonly synthesized from numerous sources. TFA's Wintergreen IS methyl salicylate, so it is perfect here. NF's Organic Wintergreen also works, perhaps using actual wintergreen extract. Another possible substitute is FW Teaberry. Teaberry was one of the earliest gum flavors, using extract from the Gaulteria procumbens (aka 'eastern wintergreen') plant. Though that plant was also the first source of synthetic wintergreen flavoring, by 1928, numerous cheaper sources were more widely used.

Vanillin: By the late 1800s, synthetic vanillin had become so popular, the market for real vanilla was depressed. Cheap, readily-available vanillin would have been in the 1928 recipe. Substituting vanilla flavoring will change your results; vanillin is ideal. If you use vanilla flavoring, avoid any cupcake or custard versions. FlavourArt Vanilla Classic will do. TFA Vanilla Bourbon does okay. More exotic vanilla flavors will mess it up. If you want great pink bubble gum, use vanillin.

Cinnamon: By 1928, cinnamic aldehyde was widely used in America - much cheaper than cassia cinnamon. Eugenol was often used with the aldehyde. So - it would appear TFA's plain Cinnamon flavor would be ideal (it also include citrus chemicals, which you'll see do have a place here when you read about Orange below) but I don't have it! If you do, it would be excellent here. TFA Cinnamon Spice tastes perfect to me. If you use TFA Cinnamon Red Hot, use only 0.75% or you'll taste Dentyne mixed in your bubble gum. Do not use FlavourArt Cinnamon Ceylon. Bakery Ceylon flavor has no place here.

Orange: The original Double Bubble used orange oil (popular gum flavor beginning in the 1870s), and FA Orange is working perfectly to complete the authentic flavor for me. But THIS is the source of flavor variation between different brands of pink bubble gum! This element just has to be something fruity, sweet, with an optional floral note. There is a certain set of compounds in orange oil that's also found in many surprising sources, from jasmine flowers, to whiskey by-products (important source of 1800s tutti-fruity gum flavors and the original flavoring in Juicy Fruit gum), to other floral fruits. When I played with this last element, I started tasting all the different brands of pink bubble gum. If you want a less "kiddie" version, more like a stick of gum called bubble gum flavor, use FA Passionfruit here. If you like gumballs from a gumball machine, use FA Tutti-Fruity instead. TFA has a Tutti-Fruity I haven't tried, but it likely works similarly, because it includes the compounds found in orange oil. TFA Mandarin Orange also includes those compounds, but I haven't tried it. The most surprising acceptable substitute I found was FA Concord Grape. I used only 1% to complete the bubble gum effect, but if you want grape bubble gum, you'd need a bit more. FA Mangosteen works exceptionally well. Just look through your flavors for fruity, sweet, perhaps a little floral - I'm sure there are additional great substitutes. But try Orange first for the most authentic flavor! (If you can detect the orange flavor - just one friend of mine could - an extra 0.5% Wintergreen will make it vanish.)

Isn't DIY fun?! :p <--that's me blowing a bubble, ha!

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
<....Faints....Gets up.....Mind Blown.

When I first read the flavor combination, I figured it must have changed a lot over the years. I was curious to taste the original, assumed it would be foreign to me. I had pretty much your same reaction when I vaped it and got that familiar Double Bubble flavor. This was my most fun vape project to date!

AyeJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When I first read the flavor combination, I figured it must have changed a lot over the years. I was curious to taste the original, assumed it would be foreign to me. I had pretty much your same reaction when I vaped it and got that familiar Double Bubble flavor. This was my most fun vape project to date!

I'm placing an order to make this. I am disappointed in every pre-made bubble gum flavoring. However, I refuse until you post apple cider, my most anticipated.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Super excited to try this. Won't have the FA orange or cinnamon spice until some time next month but going to attempt it substituting TPA Orange Cream and using your suggestions with TPA Cinnamon Red Hots. Thankfully I do have TPA's Vanillin already as well as wintergreen.

Any recommendation as to what percent to try with TPA Orange Cream as a replacement? I know it won't be perfect but it's the only orange I have :-(.

I used 4% in a small 8ml batch. We'll see how it turns out in about an hour.

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Botboy, FA Orange is not an exceptionally strong flavor, so that 4% TFA Orange Cream may be too high by double or more.

If that's just a little too much orange flavor, you can try adding 0.5% more Wintergreen to help cancel it.

If that flavoring gave you way too much orange, you could double all the other flavorings, taste on your finger to see if the combo is right, then dilute that with your nic base (at your preferred nic strength).

Let us know if your substitution works for you, please; I don't have that flavoring so didn't try it.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Botboy, FA Orange is not an exceptionally strong flavor, so that 4% TFA Orange Cream may be too high by double or more.

If that's just a little too much orange flavor, you can try adding 0.5% more Wintergreen to help cancel it.

If that flavoring gave you way too much orange, you could double all the other flavorings, taste on your finger to see if the combo is right, then dilute that with your nic base (at your preferred nic strength).

Let us know if your substitution works for you, please!
Shucks, I figured FA Orange was as strong as the rest of FA I had tried. Will report back shortly, letting it warm up for a good shake then I'll go ahead and drip away.

I'll try this first, then I can actually add double the ingredients less the orange to have a 15ml :)

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also, I must say HiC, that it's because of you that I have 10ml of EVERY FA flavor queued up for order for next month. Likely launching a juice line by 2015 and need to branch out a little bit more! Wish I was half as articulate as you.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Cinnamon Red Hots is at the forefront with a mixture of orange cream and wintergreen on the exhale. Going to double the volume, add the wintergreen and Vanillin, but leave the rest.

We'll have:

2% Wintergreen TFA
2% Vanillin TFA
0.375% Cinnamon Red Hots TFA
2% Orange Cream TFA

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
2% Wintergreen TFA
2% Vanillin TFA
0.375% Cinnamon Red Hots TFA
2% Orange Cream TFA
It's good like this but not bubble gum like. The cinnamon red hots is still a little more present than I think it should be (unless I'm just not thinking of the right bubble gum flavor). Will try it with the ingredients you originally posted in a couple weeks and enjoy the hell out of it I'm sure.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Holy crap , thats a lot of work for bubble gum , i'm not that picky when it comes to this stuff and just about any bubble gum flavor is good enough for me .

It's important to keep in mind that i have very low standards with this stuff though , my current philosophy is basically " if you don't feel the urge to dry heave it's good enough" .

With that type of commitment to quality or lack thereof , i think it's only prudent to make it known that i do not have ambitions to open up my own juice company at the present time so everybody breath a sigh of relief.

I do have the right to change my mind though if i do decide to go down that road. The two names that i like best would be easy to remember as well , either "barely vapeable discount juices " or simply " the mediocre at best juice company" .

I do appreciate HIC's efforts .

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Such a cool flavor trick!
Indeed!! Vaping as posted now. This is vintage bubble gum!!! Like it used to taste! Looking forward to trying some of the subs and variations for different type bubble gum flavors! Thanks for the extensive research and the fun recipe!

captaincannibal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I really did not expect this to taste the way it tastes. That is some serious flavor research you did there, HIC. Awesome job.

lumee

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey, cool recipe man. Thanks for the notes. Only 6% flavoring? I've never made a juice that low. What would you recommend I mix this at if I want to make it 70/30 VG/PG?

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey, cool recipe man. Thanks for the notes. Only 6% flavoring? I've never made a juice that low. What would you recommend I mix this at if I want to make it 70/30 VG/PG?
Just for reference, I added no PG, so 94%VG mix. Don't worry, it is potent! :)

Last edited:

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would guess he'd say the same as I believe HIC vapes MAX VG.

Can always bump up the ratio though (I believe he's stated before he doesn't like to get clobbered in the face by flavor either, most of us DIY'ers after awhile feel that way from what I've seen).

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

I use max-VG, always. I think the typical vaper will find this one plenty strong as written. (I've been enjoying it diluted to about half-strength, but most would probably prefer the full 6%)

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow, HIC! Thank you! I have given up on bubblegum! None of the flavorings taste right and my watermelom bubblegum mixture was a flop, too! Next time I place an order, I will pick these up! :)

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Finally got the TFA stuff to make this.

Had to sub the FA Orange with FW Orange, same percent.

It was sweeter and milder than my INW Orange so that's what I picked.

Drip test on finger, getting cinnamon, then some wintergreen.

Might need a couple drops of that INW Orange...

But I'm gonna wait a day "as is", to test again before adding anything.

Ozzy Lozada

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I tried making the Pink Bubblegum recipe. Waiting for my orders to arrive, I had the brilliant idea to replace the Vanillin (FA Vanilla Classic a flavor that had not arrived in my order yet), with McCormik's Vanilla concentrate. I mixed the flavors and tried it and I was WAY off. I waited till today for the flavors to steep a little. Upon trying it is a pleasant smoke (but no bubblegum). The taste of the alcohol on the Vanilla Flavor comes out like Rum and the Orange with Cinammon blended together nicely (but NO BUBBLEGUM). The story of my Life!

Now I have all the flavors and luckily I only mixed for a 20mL batch. Better luck next time, and I'll stick to the actual ingredients from now on.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Finally got the TFA stuff to make this.

Had to sub the FA Orange with FW Orange, same percent.

It was sweeter and milder than my INW Orange so that's what I picked.

Drip test on finger, getting cinnamon, then some wintergreen.

Might need a couple drops of that INW Orange...

But I'm gonna wait a day "as is", to test again before adding anything.

It was good, but not Bubblegum, gotta wait for the FA Orange to try again...

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I tried the substitutes noted above and wasn't in the ballpark of bubblegum. Mixed it up with the exact ingredients and had it dead on. Also mixed up a menthol variation of it for a friend that was really, really good if you're into menthol. Light menthol on the inhale with a pure double bubble exhale.

Recipe if interested:

2% TFA Wintergreen
2% TFA Vanillin
1% FA Orange
1% TFA Cinnamon (unlike HIC I have the plain cinnamon and not cinnamon spice, he recommended plain cinnamon would be best)
0.6% TFA Menthol (10% dilution)
0.6% TFA Koolada

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I tried the substitutes noted above and wasn't in the ballpark of bubblegum. Mixed it up with the exact ingredients and had it dead on. Also mixed up a menthol variation of it for a friend that was really, really good if you're into menthol. Light menthol on the inhale with a pure double bubble exhale.

Recipe if interested:

2% TFA Wintergreen
2% TFA Vanillin
1% FA Orange
1% TFA Cinnamon (unlike HIC I have the plain cinnamon and not cinnamon spice, he recommended plain cinnamon would be best)
0.6% TFA Menthol (10% dilution)
0.6% TFA Koolada

Botboy, ever had Orbit Bubblemint gum? Your menthol version should taste similar to that (it would use a cool peppermint).

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Botboy, ever had Orbit Bubblemint gum? Your menthol version should taste similar to that (it would use a cool peppermint).
Come to think of it, it's definitely familiar to that. The exhale is a bit more distinct of a pink bubblegum. I'm not much into vaping menthols anymore (it's what got me off analogs) but have moved far beyond it now. I have to say though, this was still absolutely delicious to me even on a dripper. Would probably be beasting out of a tank/clearo that I know a lot of folks here use.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Even after you've mixed it yourself, you'll be hard-pressed to identify any of the 4 flavors that combine to create that familiar bubble gum flavor. Such a cool flavor trick!

I very much remember that flavor of Dubble Bubble from childhood, this matches that completely. Even the kind from baseball/collectibles cards. This is an insanely "cool flavor trick!"

For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Pink Bubble Gum recipe: Double Bubble, Bazooka, Hubba Bubba... - so many variations in pink bubble gum, yet not ONE vendor's bubble gum flavor tastes like ANY of them! I quit trying to fix vendor versions, researched bubble gum history, learned the actual chemicals used in American pink bubble gum, and made my own recipe with flavorings that use those same chemicals. This is the flavor of original 1928 pink Double Bubble. The detailed, nerdy notes are not just highly entertaining - they tell you substitutes for fine-tuning your results - so be sure to read everything.

2% TFA Wintergreen OR 2% Nature's Flavors Organic Wintergreen
2% Vanillin (available ready-to-use here)
1% TFA Cinnamon Spice
1% FlavourArt Orange

Even if you're too young to remember those jaw-exercising pink wads of Double Bubble, you'll recognize this as kiddie sweet, pink bubble gum. Even after you've mixed it yourself, you'll be hard-pressed to identify any of the 4 flavors that combine to create that familiar bubble gum flavor. Such a cool flavor trick!

Wintergreen: By the time the first pink bubble gum was invented, methyl salicylate, which we recognize as wintergreen, was commonly synthesized from numerous sources. TFA's Wintergreen IS methyl salicylate, so it is perfect here. NF's Organic Wintergreen also works, perhaps using actual wintergreen extract. Another possible substitute is FW Teaberry. Teaberry was one of the earliest gum flavors, using extract from the Gaulteria procumbens (aka 'eastern wintergreen') plant. Though that plant was also the first source of synthetic wintergreen flavoring, by 1928, numerous cheaper sources were more widely used.

Vanillin: By the late 1800s, synthetic vanillin had become so popular, the market for real vanilla was depressed. Cheap, readily-available vanillin would have been in the 1928 recipe. Substituting vanilla flavoring will change your results; vanillin is ideal. If you use vanilla flavoring, avoid any cupcake or custard versions. FlavourArt Vanilla Classic will do. TFA Vanilla Bourbon does okay. More exotic vanilla flavors will mess it up. If you want great pink bubble gum, use vanillin.

Cinnamon: By 1928, cinnamic aldehyde was widely used in America - much cheaper than cassia cinnamon. Eugenol was often used with the aldehyde. So - it would appear TFA's plain Cinnamon flavor would be ideal (it also include citrus chemicals, which you'll see do have a place here when you read about Orange below) but I don't have it! If you do, it would be excellent here. TFA Cinnamon Spice tastes perfect to me. If you use TFA Cinnamon Red Hot, use only 0.75% or you'll taste Dentyne mixed in your bubble gum. Do not use FlavourArt Cinnamon Ceylon. Bakery Ceylon flavor has no place here.

Orange: The original Double Bubble used orange oil (popular gum flavor beginning in the 1870s), and FA Orange is working perfectly to complete the authentic flavor for me. But THIS is the source of flavor variation between different brands of pink bubble gum! This element just has to be something fruity, sweet, with an optional floral note. There is a certain set of compounds in orange oil that's also found in many surprising sources, from jasmine flowers, to whiskey by-products (important source of 1800s tutti-fruity gum flavors and the original flavoring in Juicy Fruit gum), to other floral fruits. When I played with this last element, I started tasting all the different brands of pink bubble gum. If you want a less "kiddie" version, more like a stick of gum called bubble gum flavor, use FA Passionfruit here. If you like gumballs from a gumball machine, use FA Tutti-Fruity instead. TFA has a Tutti-Fruity I haven't tried, but it likely works similarly, because it includes the compounds found in orange oil. TFA Mandarin Orange also includes those compounds, but I haven't tried it. The most surprising acceptable substitute I found was FA Concord Grape. I used only 1% to complete the bubble gum effect, but if you want grape bubble gum, you'd need a bit more. FA Mangosteen works exceptionally well. Just look through your flavors for fruity, sweet, perhaps a little floral - I'm sure there are additional great substitutes. But try Orange first for the most authentic flavor! (If you can detect the orange flavor - just one friend of mine could - an extra 0.5% Wintergreen will make it vanish.)

So if i added say 10% tfa green apple would that give a green apple bubble gum taste? im working on making a jolly rancher green apple taste with bubble gum in the back... if you don't think it would work do u have a recomendation??? PLEASE

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
So if i added say 10% tfa green apple would that give a green apple bubble gum taste? im working on making a jolly rancher green apple taste with bubble gum in the back... if you don't think it would work do u have a recomendation??? PLEASE

I do think it would work, if that's the right apple flavor for the gum you're after. I would start much lower than 10%, though. Try the main recipe and just add 2% of that TFA flavor. Work your way up if needed, but I doubt you'll need near 10%. Let us know how you like it!

newyork13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow Hic. I'm not sure if I'll ever mix this one, despite chilldhood chewing on the stuff, mostly from baseball cards inserted gum.
But, your mixology amazes. Well done.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wow Hic. I'm not sure if I'll ever mix this one, despite chilldhood chewing on the stuff, mostly from baseball cards inserted gum.
But, your mixology amazes. Well done.
This was a real stunner, for sure! That flavor really took me back.

Zeeli

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yup yup. Followed this recipe as HIC listed it. It's yummy Double Bubble that remember as a kid. I still taste the cinnamon in it, but after about an hour of vaping it that seems to fade. The exhale is for sure bubble gum though!
Thanks for the hard work @HeadInClouds !!

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I found this while looking for something else. I ended up dumping the tiny bit of TFA's Cinnamon Spice and I doubt I will ever buy it again. I'm happy to see Red Hots can be used instead. I would buy Red Hots again, though I still have some as well as the TFA Wintergreen. The Vanillin I may buy after all who doesn't like that fine fake vanilla flavor?

I may never get the true pink bubble gum flavor, but there are so many different flavor ideas presented here I know I will have some fun mixing them up.

pwnby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Finally got everything to make this recipe. Mixed it exactly as OP, except I subbed tfa teaberry in for wintergreen, and fa vanilla classic instead of vanillin.

@HeadInClouds: this is amazing, truly. My only complaint is the teaberry still puts off a strong menthol, will steeping mellow it out some?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Finally got everything to make this recipe. Mixed it exactly as OP, except I subbed tfa teaberry in for wintergreen, and fa vanilla classic instead of vanillin.

@HeadInClouds: this is amazing, truly. My only complaint is the teaberry still puts off a strong menthol, will steeping mellow it out some?

I have FW Teaberry, not TFA Teaberry. Maybe TFA's is a little stronger? Over time ALL those wintergreen-like flavors fade some, so I'll bet TFA's Teaberry is no exception.

pwnby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cool. I'll let it steep out a week or two. Awesome flavor!

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My first try at this did not work out well. Granted I only have the TFA Wintergreen and I winged the other 3 flavors.
Wintergreen TFA 3%
Vanilla Swirl TFA 2%
Cinnamon Red Hots TFA 1%
Mandarin Orange TFA 2.5%
I had a feeling the Vanilla Swirl was going to be too strong and I was right. The TFA Mandarin Orange sucks. It smells nice in the bottle but vape flavor is weak. Even when you want a weak flavor, it's too weak. I'll find some way of using it up. Needless to say, I ordered FA Mandarin Orange before I saw this fun recipe.

I have some other flavors that might work and even if they don't, I am sure curious to taste what flavor they make.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
mixed this up, max VG. Only been steeping a couple days. It's so weird how this works. However, for me, I'm getting a slight Necco waffer kind of flavor too. I like it. I am dripping it so that could be why.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
mixed this up, max VG. Only been steeping a couple days. It's so weird how this works. However, for me, I'm getting a slight Necco waffer kind of flavor too. I like it. I am dripping it so that could be why.

Pink Neccos are wintergreen flavor, and the fruity ones have vanilla, so I can see that!
ohhhh, I should make a Necco vape. Thanks for the idea! :D

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah... It's the pink ones I was talking about... That's exactly it! I couldn't quite nail the flavor. Was driving me nuts. I haven't had those things in years. Used to love them.

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey, Would anyone here be able to tell me how to prepare Vanillin please? I have had the crystals for a while now but every thread I read on how to mix it says just use 10% but as the Vanillin is a solid and PG is a liquid this doesn't really make sense to me. does anyone know how much vanillin I should mix into say a 10ml amount of PG?

Thank you please?

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Superb!! Many thanks for that Rin. Finally I can get on with using vanillin.
Much appreciated! :)

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's really great. Especially if you go through vanilllan like I do. those 8 ml vials from Wizard Labs weren't cutting it. Esp. when I started mixing for pops.

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Am I right in thinking that vanillin is especially good for sweetening juices? Because the smell I get off of the crystals really reminds me of vanilla ice-cream. I've pretty much got a nice ice-cream base, do you think that a bit of vanillin would finish the job off?

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think Vanillan would go nicely in there. I like Vanillan in place of or in addition to anything vanilla... And yes, it does add some sweetness IMO. I just love the stuff. I add it to many juices including my dad's ADV an Andromeda-ish recipe. For that alone, I need it always on hand. He doesn't like variety. lol

domyz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As a note I used TPA regular cinnamon and it's so strong: I started at 0.25% and could taste the cinnamon a little bit too much. I think 0.1%-0.15% would be best if you use this particularly strong flavor.

Hey so quick question: Is there any way to make this a concentrated form to be used as a bubblegum flavoring in other juices? Or would that not work as the flavorings mix with whatever you're adding it to?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hey so quick question: Is there any way to make this a concentrated form to be used as a bubblegum flavoring in other juices? Or would that not work as the flavorings mix with whatever you're adding it to?

Sure, you can do that! If you like it as a recipe (i.e., you've already verified it's the flavor you want), just use the numbers in the recipe as ml instead of percents. Add only flavorings, no PG/VG/nic, and you end up with 6ml of bubble gum flavoring. You can use it just as you would any other flavoring in any recipe. :)

VU Sponsors