HIC's PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE and PUMPKIN SPICE EGGNOG

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Pumpkin Spice Latte
: This is YUM! Inspired by Starbucks (see notes for alternatives to coffee)

2.5% FA Vienna Cream
0.75% FA Cinnamon Ceylon
0.75% TFA Holiday Spice
0.5% Nature's Flavors Organic Ginger
0.5% FA Coffee Espresso ***
0.25% FA Clove

*** tested, tasty alternatives
Pumpkin-Spice Eggnog: just leave out the Espresso
Pumpkin-Spice Vanilla Eggnog: instead of Espresso, use 0.5% of your favorite FA Vanilla
Pumpkin-Spice Rummy Eggnog: instead of Espresso, use up to 1% FA Jamaican Rum
All these are just as delicious as the Latte, mmmm!

Shake it, vape a little, then try to let leftovers sit a day or so... Avoid using heat; it fades some of the spices.

Many different flavorings and variations were tried; it just tastes best with these particular flavorings. If you need to pick up some supplies to make it, consider it a Christmas present to yourself. You deserve a treat! ;)

p.s. - yes, you can make this double strength - none of the flavors get weird - but it blows my socks off that strong.

Last edited:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
yes !!!!!! I have been waiting for this ! tanks HIC. hopefully my ginger is here saturday and i am all over this

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As long as it doesn't have the calories of eggnog it's a win win , dang stuff is so addicting , should be outlawed lol.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
As long as it doesn't have the calories of eggnog it's a win win , dang stuff is so addicting , should be outlawed lol.

I promise, no calories. But it's addictive anyway, and I ended up at Starbucks for a drink to accompany my vape. Okay, twice.

saxguy9345

Member For 5 Years
HIC I actually have your notes on TFA Pumpkin Spice in my "compendum" of what I'm going to try when making something like this. I have the Vienna, Cinnamon Celyon and Coffee Espresso on the way. I've read that the PS is strong so I'm thinking about subbing your seperate spices with something like 4% Pumpkin 1% Pumpkin Spice. Any tips? Thoughts? Maybe post the V1 recipe that was only sorta-great that used TFA Pumpkin Spice but didn't make the cut? :D

Other flavors I have incoming that might fit the profile IMO:
TFA:
Brown Sugar Extra
Bavarian Cream
Caramel Cappuccino
Mocha
Dulce de Leche
Vanilla Swirl
CAP:
Simply Vanilla (has a harsh footnote from HIC hahaha)
Toasted Almond
FW:
Graham Cracker
Madagascar Vanilla
FA:
Hazlenut
Fresh Cream
Catalan Cream

If something jumps out at you that might help, just point and shout. Going for DnD Pumpkin Spice Latte flavor.
Edit: I will definitely try your posted recipe as soon as I retally my "flavors to get" list, I know you didn't just whip it up all willy nilly. If you can help me make 5 "solid" testers instead of 10+ "shootin blind" testers with what I have, I will be super happy.

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC I actually have your notes on TFA Pumpkin Spice in my "compendum" of what I'm going to try when making something like this. I have the Vienna, Cinnamon Celyon and Coffee Espresso on the way. I've read that the PS is strong so I'm thinking about subbing your seperate spices with something like 4% Pumpkin 1% Pumpkin Spice. Any tips? Thoughts? Maybe post the V1 recipe that was only sorta-great that used TFA Pumpkin Spice but didn't make the cut? :D

Other flavors I have incoming that might fit the profile IMO:
TFA:
Brown Sugar Extra
Bavarian Cream
Caramel Cappuccino
Mocha
Dulce de Leche
Vanilla Swirl
CAP:
Simply Vanilla (has a harsh footnote from HIC hahaha)
Toasted Almond
FW:
Graham Cracker
Madagascar Vanilla
FA:
Hazlenut
Fresh Cream
Catalan Cream

If something jumps out at you that might help, just point and shout. Going for DnD Pumpkin Spice Latte flavor.
Edit: I will definitely try your posted recipe as soon as I retally my "flavors to get" list, I know you didn't just whip it up all willy nilly. If you can help me make 5 "solid" testers instead of 10+ "shootin blind" testers with what I have, I will be super happy.

SaxGuy, I haven't tried Dunkin' Donuts' version, but I see they have a creme brulee ps, and ps mocha. Some of the flavors you list look like they'd fit those ideas. There are many different ps lattes out there. IMO Starbucks is very mainstream and relatively simple: spices, lots of sweet-dairy, a little espresso, and (it was dramatically revealed last year) no pumpkin at all.

That last bit intrigued me, because I always assumed pumpkin spice of course had pumpkin, and lots of it. When I started looking into "copy cat" recipes for actual pumpkin spice food/drinks, I discovered my basic assumption was wrong. TFA Pumpkin (only pumpkin flavor I know) is a totally accurate flavor - just like plain, unseasoned, unsweetened, canned pumpkin. But I played with it for a year without results I liked. Discovering that most "pumpkin spice" stuff has no pumpkin at all was liberating! So that's where I began this year, with the spices.

TFA Pumpkin Spice tastes like clove and cinnamon to me (in that order), maybe a hint of the other spices. In fact, it's so clove-y, I sometimes list it as a possible alternative to FA Clove flavor. Food recipes I played with called 'pumpkin spice' consistently use mostly cinnamon, plenty of nutmeg/allspice, a flexible amount of ginger, and clove as the least ingredient, if it's present. I'm a huge coffee drinker, so I began by playing with those spice ratios in my coffee. Cream/milk, spices, sweetener, and a shot of coffee, until it tasted very Starbucks to me. I make my own real pumpkin spice for baking (I'm cheap). My favorite is the typical blend of mostly cinn, enough nutmeg to taste clearly (that's the flavor of Christmas to me), ginger to warm it, just a hint of clove. So that's how I make my coffees and this recipe. No pumpkin at all, yet the familiar combination of spices can trick the brain/tongue into tasting pumpkin. If it can work for Starbucks, it can work to vape.

Once the spices were right for me, I considered creams. I wanted a custard-note-free version to share, but I wanted it to taste creamy. That limited my choices. The hint of citrus in Catalan Cream stuck out like a sore thumb, and I didn't want caramel flavor in my recipe. Fresh Cream wasn't nearly sweet enough. Vienna gave me creamy-sweetness and a hint of vanilla that fit right in. Many of my coffee recipes use Vienna; it's so tasty with FA Espresso. My rule of thumb is 0.5% Espresso tastes about as strong as a "single shot" of espresso in a big Starbucks, and that finished my recipe.

I use Vienna Cream in some eggnog recipes (I love eggnog), so I did some variations in that direction, using the same spice base. I've also used that spice blend with several bakery vapes (cookies, cheesecake, banana bread...) and liked most of the results. I still want to make a great pumpkin pie vape (will need TFA Pumpkin in there, probably the same spice blend, having a tough time doing it without custard ingredients), but this pumpkin spice will keep me smiling through this holiday season.

I'll sure be interested in trying other people's versions with caramel, brulee, nuts, graham crust.. and would like to hear how your Dunkin' Donuts ones develop! Those look good to me, especially the brulee one.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made the pumpkin spice rummy eggnog yesterday, and OMG it's amazingly good! I actually don't taste any pumpkin spice - more nutmeg than anything! It reminds me of something I used to love, and I can't remember what it is. Maybe that old drink we used to make with advocaat? ( I can't remember what it was called, but it was thick and yellow LOL).

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Yah, that Holiday Spice is good nutmeg to me, so I like to use plenty of it.

Advocaat....mmm, that stuff makes such tasty drinks. Do you think Vienna Cream is giving you that? If you recall the name of the drink, I'd like to know!

My big bottle of the Latte version has been sitting a couple of weeks now, and it just gets smoooooother and creamier every time I grab some. This has become a favorite for me. Fun to vape this while eating/drinking similar flavors. Too bad Starbucks isn't cheap!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had to Google to find the name of the cocktail - it was a Snowball! But I don't think there was any lime in it, but lemonade. Memory could be faulty though - that was at least 40 years ago LOL

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've vaped this all day, and it's obviously going to become a rare all day vape for me! I'm totally hooked - it just hits my tastebuds in all the right ways (this is the rummy version without the espresso). I made a base today, minus the espresso, so I'll play around with making snowballs and some of the other drinks. Yes, HIC, the Vienna Cream must be giving the egg flavor for the advocaat.

And LOL on the pumpkin, jensy!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
But , but , I don't get it . Where's the pumpkin ?:p

I know someone out there actually wonders about that, so here:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...-spice-latte-food-babe-nutritionist/14578839/
(funny little typo on the last line...pretty sure they use clove flavor instead of clover)

and here:
http://time.com/3264103/pumpkin-spice-latte-chemistry/
“...The brain, which is largely responsible for how we identify whether a certain mixture of compounds is a flavor and where the flavor comes from, doesn’t need all the compounds that exist in nature...certain compounds can fill in the flavor blanks for your brain." :D

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I've vaped this all day, and it's obviously going to become a rare all day vape for me! I'm totally hooked - it just hits my tastebuds in all the right ways (this is the rummy version without the espresso). I made a base today, minus the espresso, so I'll play around with making snowballs and some of the other drinks. Yes, HIC, the Vienna Cream must be giving the egg flavor for the advocaat.

I searched my giant "notes" document for "Advocaat" and found I'd played trying to make egg liqueur a long time ago. I used Vienna Cream and FA Custard, but didn't care for the results (actually, my notes ended "f@#$ it!") I was trying to get it right for a German Eierlikör torte, which uses Advocaat and rum. So I'm pretty excited you taste it here - maybe there is Eierlikör Torte hiding in my box of flavors!

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I just mixed up the eggnog version, it is quite tasty fresh! Thing is, I do not get any pumpkin effect, just yummy creamy spices. I made 12ml so I'll let some sit for a couple days and see what happens. Whether it gets pumpkin-y or not, I'm still grateful for the yummy recipe. Thanks HIC!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I just mixed up the eggnog version, it is quite tasty fresh! Thing is, I do not get any pumpkin effect, just yummy creamy spices. I made 12ml so I'll let some sit for a couple days and see what happens. Whether it gets pumpkin-y or not, I'm still grateful for the yummy recipe. Thanks HIC!

It really doesn't have any pumpkin taste - not sure that pumpkin has much taste anyway LOL But the other flavors are so incredibly delicious that it's become my second adv:D

saxguy9345

Member For 5 Years
I ended up trying
6% TFA Pumpkin
2% TFA Pumpkin Spice
3% Hangsen Cheesecake (wow is this good, touch of lemon)
2% Fw Graham Cracker
1.5% TFA Brown Sugar

Way too much pumpkin, but I think that flavor is kind of sweet and played very well with the spice. My next batch will be 4% pumpkin 2% pumpkin spice. It is really good, just a touch too "loud" on the pumpkin.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
My next batch will be 4% pumpkin 2% pumpkin spice. It is really good, just a touch too "loud" on the pumpkin.

Maybe just me, but the RAW of that TFA Pumpkin just doesn't work for me, even in miniscule amounts. It really does taste like pumpkins though.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Having gone through several 15ml bottles of the rummy eggnog recipe, I finally gave in and made a 30ml bottle just now - this is an outstanding recipe! I do make my base at 7% rather than 5.25%, and don't use the espresso - so I add the rum at 1.5%. Really an amazingly delicious vape!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
First I made this as the latte. After Amanda had talked about how much she enjoyed it, I made the eggnog version. As soon as the tank I'm on is out, I'm gonna give it a go. I've become an almost shake-n-vaper!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC's Pumpkin Spice Latte: This is YUM! Inspired by Starbucks (see notes for alternatives to coffee)

2.5% FA Vienna Cream
0.75% FA Cinnamon Ceylon
0.75% TFA Holiday Spice
0.5% Nature's Flavors Organic Ginger
0.5% FA Coffee Espresso ***
0.25% FA Clove

*** tested, tasty alternatives
Pumpkin-Spice Eggnog: just leave out the Espresso
Pumpkin-Spice Vanilla Eggnog: instead of Espresso, use 0.5% of your favorite FA Vanilla
Pumpkin-Spice Rummy Eggnog: instead of Espresso, use up to 1% FA Jamaican Rum
All these are just as delicious as the Latte, mmmm!

Shake it, vape a little, then try to let leftovers sit a day or so... Avoid using heat; it fades some of the spices.

Many different flavorings and variations were tried; it just tastes best with these particular flavorings. If you need to pick up some supplies to make it, consider it a Christmas present to yourself. You deserve a treat! ;)

p.s. - yes, you can make this double strength - none of the flavors get weird - but it blows my socks off that strong.
Could I use some FA cardamom in substitute of NF ginger? If so what %? If so would that affect the cinnamon Ceylon %??

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Could I use some FA cardamom in substitute of NF ginger? If so what %? If so would that affect the cinnamon Ceylon %??

I think that sounds tasty, Daintanee! I wouldn't change the Cinnamon, just do a straight swap of Cardamom instead of Ginger (same percent). Let us know how you like it if you get a chance.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will do. I about to order ingredients from bull city and eliquid mart for first time. Just asked because I don't want too order 1 thing from a vender. Let me ask u another ? HIC I know u do 100% vg. I wish to go around 70-80 pg. I am wondering how this might affect taste % and sweetness. I got a kick out of u calling me my screen name. It has been some time but my brother & cousin nick named me that & cracked up after all these yrs. I use it in my email!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Will do. I about to order ingredients from bull city and eliquid mart for first time. Just asked because I don't want too order 1 thing from a vender. Let me ask u another ? HIC I know u do 100% vg. I wish to go around 70-80 pg. I am wondering how this might affect taste % and sweetness. I got a kick out of u calling me my screen name. It has been some time but my brother & cousin nick named me that & cracked up after all these yrs. I use it in my email!

I don't know what else to call you, D. :) Naw, I like Daintanee better.
Don't change the percents due to vg versus pg. It's just not necessary. Flavorings can take more time to thoroughly mix with VG (arguably), but the end result is not a different level of flavoring. Be assured, someone will swear I'm wrong about that. I used to use high PG, and when I switched to max-VG, not a single one of my recipes needed a percentage change to taste equally strong. I was pretty pleased by the extra sweetness, too.

VG does add some sweetness, but with this recipe, I don't think you'll be searching for any sweetener, even at 80% PG. Those are all sweet flavorings!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ha! About the name...good memories! And thank you so much! I highly doubt your head is in the clouds per say the normally meant meaning of the saying...just in a halo of vape smoke

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Ha! About the name...good memories! And thank you so much! I highly doubt your head is in the clouds per say the normally meant meaning of the saying...just in a halo of vape smoke

A little vape cloud surrounds me like the dust surrounded Pigpen from Charlie Brown. But I have been told the alternate interpretation applies at times. lol! :D

travanx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just mixed up the vanilla eggnog. The smell is incredible. Smelling each ingredient I wouldn't guess this would be the outcome.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
HIC , i can't take much more of your title names , your killing me here lol, they are always so delicious sounding to me , ( which means , must obtain immediately at any cost including aggravated homicide if some unlucky chap happens to prevent me from getting my hands on some of this sh_ _ ) just needed to clarify .

I think i just need to avoid this part of the forum until i can show more self control.

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So is Cardamom an acceptable replacement for Ginger?

I've searched around and found nfog at one site for $3.99 10ml. I Should have committed it to memory, but didn't because I thought I could find a better deal on it.

Where did some of you buy it from? $25 shipped straight from NF is not working for me.

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made the rummy eggnog version and subbed cardomon for nfog. The ginger is the only flavor my old tastebuds can detect, which is fine. I discovered I really like ginger vape. The ginger isn't over baring, and is quiet tasty. I'll make another bottle when time allows using cardomon at .5% to see how it turns out.

I placed an order today with bcv. I guess next payday I'll have to order a nfog without nasties. I really do like ginger.

Edit: After a day of steep time, the ginger is really starting to mellow out. I can taste the spice now. Im eager to see what this taste like in a few days, if it lasts that long...

Last edited:

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
deleted - I asked a question before rereading the thread & I now see it might be answered already.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC, or anyone else, have you tried CAP's Pumpkin Pie (Spice)? I'm wondering how that would compare to TFA Holiday Spice, and how well it would work to create pumpkin-type flavors.

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just realized I had ordered FLV Ginger a while back. Has anyone tried to sub in this recipe?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I just realized I had ordered FLV Ginger a while back. Has anyone tried to sub in this recipe?
Flavorah Ginger is not a reasonable sub for NF Ginger, especially as a major flavor in a recipe.
Flavor West Ginger can work reasonably well when it's a minor ingredient like it is here (but you'll need more; use 1.5-2x as much).

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man this is so close to what I need to work on for my brother n law..... think of zucchini nut bread but don't use zucchini use pumpkin and spice..... any ideas Hic it would be a huge help! PM if you need to.

I was going to try FLV Pumpkin Bread or Pumpkin Spice with some Game over custard but maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Man this is so close to what I need to work on for my brother n law..... think of zucchini nut bread but don't use zucchini use pumpkin and spice..... any ideas Hic it would be a huge help! PM if you need to.

I was going to try FLV Pumpkin Bread or Pumpkin Spice with some Game over custard but maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Pumpkin is tough flavor to work with, but maybe you could start by adding a tiny bit of your favorite pumpkin flavor to TFA Banana Nut Bread.

soulseek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I really want to try FLVs pumpkin flavours but it's hard to get a hold of them often in Europe :(

Anyone have any experience with Cappella Pumpkin Pie spice?

VU Sponsors