Become a Patron!

HIC's SORE THROAT HELPER

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I can't be the only one with the flu, right? Horribly sore throat, nagging cough, nothing tastes right. Blahhh. Even cough drop vapes were making me cough, so I did a little reading and ended up with this:

HIC's Sore Throat Helper
1% FA Licorice
1% FA Anise
1% FA Peppermint
Shake and vape.

This reminds me of these discs I used to use to curb hacking when I smoked:
throat discs.jpg
Those discs contain licorice powder, anise oil, and peppermint oil (and sugar). More than likely, FA Anise and Peppermint flavorings are made with the essential oils, both of which are helpful for sore throats. Licorice makes it sweet and smooth, like those discs. This mix doesn't make me cough like even unflavored VG was doing. It's actually soothing my raw throat. Don't increase the flavoring, and if your throat is as sore as mine, you'll want to vape with lower power.

If you're under the weather, give it a shot - I hope it works for you, too.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just wish you had a vape recipe for a runny nose. Mine's been going like a damn faucet for 2 days. Even Sudafed ain't doing the trick.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just wish you had a vape recipe for a runny nose. Mine's been going like a damn faucet for 2 days. Even Sudafed ain't doing the trick.
Mine is off again on again ear draining also. The steam room kinda helped today.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can't be the only one with the flu, right? Horribly sore throat, nagging cough, nothing tastes right. Blahhh. Even cough drop vapes were making me cough, so I did a little reading and ended up with this:

HIC's Sore Throat Helper
1% FA Licorice
1% FA Anise
1% FA Peppermint
Shake and vape.

This will be so handy to have, just a quick mix you are ready. Thanks HIC, vaping first aid! :D

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You don't want a decongestant for a runny nose, that opens you up. Get a histamine like diphenhydramine or chorpheniramine. Those should help dry you up a bit. With that said, if you are on medications for blood pressure or diabetes, follow a Dr's suggestion, not mine.

Typos brought to you by: iPhone.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
cinnamon and koolada

Since spice tea is soothing on a sore throat, I tried vaping cinnamon and clove. The ensuing coughing fit was not pretty. A vape of Tea + Honey was also unpleasant. Koolada makes me cough a little even on a good day, so I didn't try that. (I also considered nic base as lotion, but didn't have the focus required to compute a dosage, and I briefly considered vaping Chloraseptic spray, lol) I don't deny I'm addicted to nic; just glad I found a reasonable way to get some.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I could only wish, I'm so congested year round I have to DUMP affrin down my nostrils. I'm immune to all decongestants, but I have not attempted vaping them.

You could try stuffing cotton balls up your nose and frequently replacing them, remember to keep your mouth open for oxygen. J/k! On a serious note...benedryl...not just any antihistamine. Benedryl will dry it up.

Poor HIC, now you have become Dr. HIC!

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This one sounds good even without being sick! I've had damn few peppermint humbugs in my life, but from what I remember they were pretty tasty! I'll have to remember this one...

-Kingboomer

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I could only wish, I'm so congested year round I have to DUMP affrin down my nostrils. I'm immune to all decongestants, but I have not attempted vaping them.

You could try stuffing cotton balls up your nose and frequently replacing them, remember to keep your mouth open for oxygen. J/k! On a serious note...benedryl...not just any antihistamine. Benedryl will dry it up.

I had surgery on my Sinuses a few years back, was constantly congested and not allergic to anything, now every time I get a cold, it's Niagra falls. But it's passed thankfully.

Vaping Cracker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sorry about the empty reply a few minutes ago. I have extremely bad allergies that cause my nose to run and get stopped up. I made a recipe that I called "Vick's Vapor Rub Vape"

90 VG 10 PG (Nicotine MG of your choice, but I went with 3% because I drip)
Flavor West - Monster 3%
Signature Menthol (1 drop in 30 ML of finished mix of Monster) This menthol was very strong. Pure menthol crystals in PGA.

I would vape on this and it'd start clearing me right up. The above ingredients are from ECigExpress.
I have since gone to using mainly FA, CA, and TFA flavors, but I still like the Monster from FW.

Totempolez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I find it strange and fascinating that vaping can help with a stuffy noise or sore throat. when i am under the weather i vape
menthol eucalyptus (FW) 5%
lemon (TFA) 5%
Strawberry ripe (TFA) 10%

Works like a charm but i have to use a separate atomizer for it because that menthol is so strong and i taste it in every vape for days afterword

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
O, I do want to try the Ricola. I ran out of lemon silicy due to making tons of your lemon cardamom custard. I ordered more...is on the way. Ordered all to make your key lime ice cream as well. For now I am just gonna dust my couch with my body and watch tv, read, snooze.

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Guys I've played around with this one a bit, and if you're a cough drop junkie like myself, try this with 2% Vienna cream (trust me on this one :D )

-Kingboomer

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yup, sure enough it's that time again. Throat's raw and it'd figure I'm out of everything I need to make this! Time for an FA order...

-Kingboomer

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

HIC's Sore Throat Helper
1% FA Licorice
1% FA Anise
1% FA Peppermint
Shake and vape.

View attachment 16395
Those discs contain licorice powder, anise oil, and peppermint oil (and sugar). More than likely, FA Anise and Peppermint flavorings are made with the essential oils, both of which are helpful for sore throats. Licorice makes it sweet and smooth, like those discs. This mix doesn't make me cough like even unflavored VG was doing. It's actually soothing my raw throat. Don't increase the flavoring, and if your throat is as sore as mine, you'll want to vape with lower power.

image.png

HIC's Sore Throat Helper
1% FA Licorice
1% FA Anise
1% FA Peppermint
Shake and vape.

View attachment 16395

I was using the essential oils blend for my sore throat, which is very often issue with me, you can see how it works here http://natadviser.com/essential-oils-for-sore-throat/, helped me a lot!

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I made a 10ml sample of the recipe & added a few drops of TFA sweetener. This is FAR too good to only vape with a sore throat. I got a mech bottom feeder dedicated to "mint/menthol overload" type recipes; this concoction will be in it often. Good stuff! -Thanks, HIC. :)

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That reminds me, I need more peppermint...

-Kingboomer

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

One+for+the+folder+_c9dfd540a37d7dd9431d7b29469c200f.jpg

VU Sponsors