HIC's TOBLERONE CHOCOLATE BAR

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Toblerone Chocolate Bar recipe: It takes just one more ingredient to turn my Swiss Bliss chocolate bar into a Toblerone. I don't know why it took me so long to figure that out! If you haven't seen or tried Swiss Bliss, please read that thread before you make this -- there's surprising chemistry going on here, and this will taste much sweeter than you expect!

3% FlavourArt Cocoa
2% FlavourArt Chocolate
1.5 - 2% Acetyl Pyrazine: http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-6826-acetyl-pyrazine-5-pg.aspx
1% FlavourArt Torrone

This tastes great fresh and does not change a whole lot as it ages.

I recommend 1.5% acetyl pyrazine if you're using any nic base besides Vapers Tek. If you have VT nic, you can go up to 2% for the sweetest chocolate flavor. (Using only 1% does not taste sweet enough to me.)

Last edited:

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You are killing me, HIC! Swiss Bliss is my 2nd all time favorite! But of course I will have to try this one, lol. Thanks!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is my favorite chocolate bar! OMG....

Now, can we make the white chocolate one? Hmmm, TFA white choc instead of cocoa, maybe?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh damn... damn oh damn... My 2nd favorite bar just hate dealing with those toffee pieces... My dental work thanks you.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Now, can we make the white chocolate one? Hmmm, TFA white choc instead of cocoa, maybe?

Hey, great idea! I'd try 6-8% TFA White Chocolate + 1% Torrone. TFA White Chocolate is really sweet, though. It might be a little overbearing. I'll bet about 0.5% FA Coffee Espresso would balance that really well. Which reminds me it's the season for these.... all roads lead to Christmas flavors for me lately, lol.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Between this recipe and if I could match the Green and Blacks ginger bar I would some more weight.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Between this recipe and if I could match the Green and Blacks ginger bar I would some more weight.

You GUYS! Too many awesome ideas at once! Got Nature's Flavors Organic Ginger yet? It can totally make the candied ginger flavor in those!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You GUYS! Too many awesome ideas at once! Got Nature's Flavors Organic Ginger yet? It can totally make the candied ginger flavor in those!
not yet.. primary concern was the phone interview I did today and think I bombs from being so damned sick.
@AmandaD get yourself a Green and Black ginger bar.. milk chocolate with candied ginger in it.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Vaping with too much power will scorch most chocolate flavors. Scorched chocolate is blech.... Don't go too low on the resistance.

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
gonna try this one for sure and the swiss bliss.. hey HIC- got a recipe for passionfruit sherbet? or any sherbett base that i could then add p-fruit too? yea i could just do a p.f. icecream i guess..

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
gonna try this one for sure and the swiss bliss.. hey HIC- got a recipe for passionfruit sherbet? or any sherbett base that i could then add p-fruit too? yea i could just do a p.f. icecream i guess..

For a fruity sherbet background, I use about 2% FA Custard with a little (0.5% ish) FA Fresh Cream. If it needs to be sweeter, I add about 0.5% FA Meringue (only with fruits).

OR for a vanilla sherbet sort of background, TFA's new Gelato flavor is working pretty well for me at low percents. It's a lighter effect than ice cream flavors.

Bryan92081

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
HIC's Toblerone Chocolate Bar recipe: It takes just one more ingredient to turn my Swiss Bliss chocolate bar into a Toblerone. I don't know why it took me so long to figure that out! If you haven't seen or tried Swiss Bliss, please read that thread before you make this -- there's surprising chemistry going on here, and this will taste much sweeter than you expect!

3% FlavourArt Cocoa
2% FlavourArt Chocolate
1.5 - 2% Acetyl Pyrazine: http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-6826-acetyl-pyrazine-5-pg.aspx
1% FlavourArt Torrone

I recommend 1.5% acetyl pyrazine if you're using any nic base besides Vapers Tek. If you have VT nic, you can go up to 2% for the sweetest chocolate flavor. (Using only 1% does not taste sweet enough to me.)
I ordered some flavors to try some of your simple recipes and this was one of them. Wow! This stuff is great! Thanks so much for sharing your recipes! I started by trying to keep it simple and just do single flavor mixes, but quit frankly they sucked. I'm glad I found the VU. I may have given up on diy if not for this site and the great recipes on here. I also tried your Irish Lass, and simple creamsicle. The creamsicle seems a little light on the flavor for some reason, but I suspect that it may be because I use 70/30 VG/PG. Do I need to adjust percentages for the higher VG mix?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I ordered some flavors to try some of your simple recipes and this was one of them. Wow! This stuff is great! Thanks so much for sharing your recipes! I started by trying to keep it simple and just do single flavor mixes, but quit frankly they sucked. I'm glad I found the VU. I may have given up on diy if not for this site and the great recipes on here. I also tried your Irish Lass, and simple creamsicle. The creamsicle seems a little light on the flavor for some reason, but I suspect that it may be because I use 70/30 VG/PG. Do I need to adjust percentages for the higher VG mix?

Never hesitate to go higher on my recipes, especially older ones like that creamsicle. You could double those percents, or increase all by 50%.
(I use max-VG now myself, by the way.)

I'm glad you like the Toblerone - thank you!

Bryan92081

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Never hesitate to go higher on my recipes, especially older ones like that creamsicle. You could double those percents, or increase all by 50%.
(I use max-VG now myself, by the way.)

I'm glad you like the Toblerone - thank you!
The Toblerone is definitely as good as as any store bought juice I've ever got. I haven't tried the Irish lass yet, but my wife is vaping it right now and finds it to be quite acceptable. I made another order from Bull City Vapes yesterday, and we're looking forward to trying some more of your recipes.My first diy attempts had a definite "homemade" quality to them that was less than desirable.:D I was actually worried about anything with chocolate in it. I guess every chocolate vape I've tried has a weird chemical flavor to it, and nothing that brought chocolate to mind. NOT the case with this! Great work! This is the stuff that keeps me from analogs. If I had to go back to the evod after dripping, I'd quit vaping for sure. I loved the evod till I tried my first mech mod. What I didn't realize was that I could drip 15 dollars worth of store bought juice a day. the local B&M wasn't real open with that info.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Picked up my order from BCV today to make this recipe...will mix it up soon.:)

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pretty cool recipe HIC, thanks for posting it way back when. If I remember correctly, I order FA Torrone a while back specifically to try this recipe. It's quite good as is, but if I wanted to make it a bit stronger, say by a third or half or so, should I increase all ingredients by an equal amount? Or do something different? (I'm not using VT nic :( , so I went with 1.5% AP at your suggestion)

Thanks again for the great recipe! :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
...if I wanted to make it a bit stronger, say by a third or half or so, should I increase all ingredients by an equal amount? ...

Any time you want to adjust any recipe like that, multiply all the figures in the recipe by the same amount.
For 20% stronger, multiply all by 1.2
For 25% stronger, by 1.25
and so on... You'll get the same flavor, just a different strength.
(p.s., you can also mix a separate little batch with no nic to see if/how your nic changes things)

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any time you want to adjust any recipe like that, multiply all the figures in the recipe by the same amount.
For 20% stronger, multiply all by 1.2
For 25% stronger, by 1.25
and so on... You'll get the same flavor, just a different strength.
(p.s., you can also mix a separate little batch with no nic to see if/how your nic changes things)

So simple, yet so brilliant, thanks!

MichelleTearsofCrimson

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

3% FlavourArt Cocoa
2% FlavourArt Chocolate
1% FlavourArt Torrone

That Cocoa/Chocolate and AP has been a lifesaver!!!! I use that ALL the time now

3% FlavourArt Cocoa
2% FlavourArt Chocolate
1% FlavourArt Torrone

This question I am about to ask applies to both your Girl Scout Samoas and your Tolberone recipe. I don't have Cocoa (FA) for the reason that it is a coil killer. The Cocoa I do have is by Jungle Flavors and VSO. Am I able to use either one as a sub, and if so, at what percentages? Thank you.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This question I am about to ask applies to both your Girl Scout Samoas and your Tolberone recipe. I don't have Cocoa (FA) for the reason that it is a coil killer. The Cocoa I do have is by Jungle Flavors and VSO. Am I able to use either one as a sub, and if so, at what percentages? Thank you.
Hello! HIC hasn’t been around in a few years(sob!).

I haven’t worked with either of the flavors you’ve mentioned. If they’re both deep, dark and a little dry, you should be able to sub them at the percentages they usually work at. I’m not sure if 3% is correct. You’ll have to do a little research and some playing around.

Good luck and let us know how it went!

WHAT do you mean by HIC hasn’t been around in a few years?????? Are you saying what I think you are? Man, he was such a legend! I hadn't heard anything from my FB groups. R.I.P. HIC!!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
WHAT do you mean by HIC hasn’t been around in a few years?????? Are you saying what I think you are? Man, he was such a legend! I hadn't heard anything from my FB groups. R.I.P. HIC!!
We just don’t know what happened. HIC stopped showing up almost 3 years ago. No reason or explanation. I am personally, very sad about it, when I think about it.

Still a legend. 💜

Just so we’re clear…..no one knows what happened to HIC. Not assuming the worst.

We just don’t know what happened. HIC stopped showing up almost 3 years ago. No reason or explanation. I am personally, very sad about it, when I think about it.

Still a legend. 💜

Just so we’re clear…..no one knows what happened to HIC. Not assuming the worst.
Thank you!!! We all need hope in this bizarro world! Are you able to guide me to a compilation of HIC's recipes? When I typed in HIC in the search bar, it came up empty.
Thank you!

VU Sponsors