Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
bdc785edb96f14549fdc542b975b2dd2.jpg
Cookies for Huck. Check out the eyes.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol. Wow guys I tried that tfa horchata base at .5% and Holy Cow. It's spicier than red hots. .25% in mix is wow. I can't imagine at 2% it would singe my hair and blow my socks off.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lol. Wow guys I tried that tfa horchata base at .5% and Holy Cow. It's spicier than red hots. .25% in mix is wow. I can't imagine at 2% it would singe my hair and blow my socks off.

I think I dumped mine long ago:eek:.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Squonk, update regarding what I mixed using what I have on hand and to suit my tastes...

Horchata Smooth TFA 2%-ish I think this should be bumped to 3, maybe 4% for TFA brand
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream TFA 1%(ish) I will reduce this to 0.5%, maybe even 0.25%
Fresh Cream(FA) 1% Probably leave this where it is.

With that said, I think I'd like to try the CAP VBIC. The TFA is ok, just not what I've hoped it could be. Regardless, thanks again for the recipe. I really like the Horchata Smooth.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found a recipe for a strawberry shortcake on ELR that called for horchata. I'd never used mine before then. First puff, I got that look on my face like someone had taped a turd to my upper lip and thought "Who DOES that??" Haven't used it since....:confused:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Was that for Horchata Smooth? I've heard the other was was really bad, but this one I find somewhat light.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, it was TFA horchata. I ordered the smooth not long after that, but haven't tried that recipe again. I think it scarred me....lol!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No, it was TFA horchata. I ordered the smooth not long after that, but haven't tried that recipe again. I think it scarred me....lol!
LOL! You sound like me. You like Ceylon? You'll probably like this, but seems a bit lighter.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love ceylon....:)....I've been recently going through my massive flavor collection to either use what I've been ignoring or dumping it. Soooo many flavors.....we really need a support group. ;)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now I remember why I wanted to try vbic. TY handler (Teresa)!! But I got scorchata base so .25% = BOLD!!

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Squonk, update regarding what I mixed using what I have on hand and to suit my tastes...

Horchata Smooth TFA 2%-ish I think this should be bumped to 3, maybe 4% for TFA brand
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream TFA 1%(ish) I will reduce this to 0.5%, maybe even 0.25%
Fresh Cream(FA) 1% Probably leave this where it is.

With that said, I think I'd like to try the CAP VBIC. The TFA is ok, just not what I've hoped it could be. Regardless, thanks again for the recipe. I really like the Horchata Smooth.
Have you tried Huck-A-Roos?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Did some mixing this morning. Noticed I was getting low on Caps VBIC and Vanilla Custard V1. So I placed an order for both of those (120s) and figured WTH, I'll throw in a 10 of Horchata and Sweet Mango. @Squonk, you are officially an enabler...

StanleySpadowski

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I mixed this up with FA Cookie at 2% and lowered the horchata to 5% like you recommended. The only VBIC I currently have is FW and I used that at 3% with the rest of the recipe the same. I'm currently vaping this as I type at day 3 and it is really starting to come together. Pretty sure I'm going to have to adjust the VBIC to really get this where I like it but I am really looking forward to seeing how this tastes 5 to 7 days in!

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is another simple mix I came up with since getting CAPs VBIC(love that stuff). I find this mix smooth, creamy and a very comforting flavor. The more I vape it, the more I get a warm Malted Milk flavor like the inside of a malted milk ball without the chocolate.
Horchata(CAP) 6%
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream(CAP) 4%
Fresh Cream(FA) 1%
(I mix 30pg/70vg-2mg)
For a twist try lowering the Hochata to 4-5% and adding 1.5-2% FA Cookie
Thanks for sharing!

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well squonk... I don't have any horchata, but I've been contemplating making a strawberry banana smoothie batch all day. I too love CAP VBIC. I even ordered more today despite still having a full 13ml in the cabinet.

I might have to go ahead and whip some up...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welp, I broke my fast.
Whipped up a straberry banana.

4% Cap VBIC
1% FA Fresh Cream
1% FA Banana
1% FA Strawberry.

Heat steeping on the radiator right now. We'll see how she turns out.

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh man. Again, no horchata in my pantry, but subbing Banana and Strawberry in was delicious. Pretty damn close to "The Goods" by Tasty Cloud.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

StanleySpadowski

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So the cookie version was really good after 7-10 days aging. I finally got CAP VBIC so I made another 10 to see the difference. Also made up a 10 without the cookie but using 3% Vanilla Cupcake instead. I dropped the VBIC to 3% to try and keep the vanilla flavor down. Granted I'm very new at this and could totally be wrong with this but no way to learn without just doing it. Can't wait to see how this version will turn out and I'll let ya know in a week or so the results.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So the cookie version was really good after 7-10 days aging. I finally got CAP VBIC so I made another 10 to see the difference. Also made up a 10 without the cookie but using 3% Vanilla Cupcake instead. I dropped the VBIC to 3% to try and keep the vanilla flavor down. Granted I'm very new at this and could totally be wrong with this but no way to learn without just doing it. Can't wait to see how this version will turn out and I'll let ya know in a week or so the results.
Sounds like a nice twist. Let me know how it turns out.

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Made this up tonight, gives me a reason to use my horchata that's been sitting around. Thanks

StanleySpadowski

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok so an update with all the variations I've messed with on this. The CAP VBIC is so much better than the FW that I initially had to use. Big surprise I'm sure. It has really made the overall taste to these vapes a hell of a lot better. The flavor of the horchata is much more mellow. Using the FW VBIC left the horchata with a much more powerful presence. Now don't get me wrong cause I still liked it but I much prefer the taste with the CAP. If you have the FW VBIC I would still recommend doing it but I had to open air age for a few hours cause it has an alcohol taste to it in my opinion. The aging time was also longer. It took a good 2 weeks to really round itself out where when using CAP VBIC it only took a week.. Now the comparison between adding cookie and adding cupcake. I do like both but when I make this from here on it will be with the cookie. It just gives it a better complexity with that crusted baked cookie flavor and quite honestly has a better feeling on the tongue. As always, these are just my opinions based on pure ignorance of your specific flavor palate and preferences!

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The aging time was also longer. It took a good 2 weeks to really round itself out where when using CAP VBIC it only took a week..

While, I guess, it could be due to the other flavors I add to the Cap VBIC; with my shake & wait ageing method I find my mixes with that VBIC really improve for me after 3+ weeks. Smoother, more creamy and with stronger ice cream attributes.

One afternoon you could wake it and it could be finer still. So...I suggest not vaping in all up...just yet. :D

Ron
----
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways."- Buddha

StanleySpadowski

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
While, I guess, it could be due to the other flavors I add to the Cap VBIC; with my shake & wait ageing method I find my mixes with that VBIC really improve for me after 3+ weeks. Smoother, more creamy and with stronger ice cream attributes.

One afternoon you could wake it and it could be finer still. So...I suggest not vaping in all up...just yet. :D

Ron
----
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways."- Buddha
I'm going to have to mix up a 30 of this and just hide it from myself. As much better as the CAP VBIC tasted to me I look forward to see how much better it gets with that much aging cause the FW version I made was pretty good after a few weeks.

tonyp1119

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Squonk, This is how I mix this up inspire by you. Not final just yet, but tasting awesome so far brother. I was thinking to use the cookie but I didn't. I think I'm gonna add that in the next revision. The Koolada makes a very nice effect in this mix, something strange and I don't know what it is, but is really good. The Horchata feels so smooth & creamy that you vape it and makes you wonder. I like vapes like that. Very interesting! Thank you for sharing this awesome recipe...
HorchiShake v2 : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/641636/Horchi+Shake+v2

2% Cream Fresh (FA)
6% Horchata (CAP)
0.5% Koolada 10% (TPA)
1.5% Milk Condensed (FA)
1.5% Sweet Cream (CAP)
4% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA)

Flavor total: 15.5%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/56DH
This is private until you give me the ok to posted. If you don't approved i'm not going to posted.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Squonk, This is how I mix this up inspire by you. Not final just yet, but tasting awesome so far brother. I was thinking to use the cookie but I didn't. I think I'm gonna add that in the next revision. The Koolada makes a very nice effect in this mix, something strange and I don't know what it is, but is really good. The Horchata feels so smooth & creamy that you vape it and makes you wonder. I like vapes like that. Very interesting! Thank you for sharing this awesome recipe...
HorchiShake v2 : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/641636/Horchi+Shake+v2

2% Cream Fresh (FA)
6% Horchata (CAP)
0.5% Koolada 10% (TPA)
1.5% Milk Condensed (FA)
1.5% Sweet Cream (CAP)

Flavor total: 15.5%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/56DH
This is private until you give me the ok to posted. If you don't approved i'm not going to posted.
Post away. Recipes are only guides to work with. I bet if you google lasagna, thousands of variations will come up.:shades:
Of course a honorable mention might be nice.;)

tonyp1119

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Post away. Recipes are only guides to work with. I bet if you google lasagna, thousands of variations will come up.:shades:
Of course a honorable mention might be nice.;)
Absolutely my friend! We'll do so. Thanks again for sharing...

StanleySpadowski

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
[QUOTE="
2% Cream Fresh (FA)
6% Horchata (CAP)
0.5% Koolada 10% (TPA)
1.5% Milk Condensed (FA)
1.5% Sweet Cream (CAP)
[/QUOTE]
I'm going to have to try this one. I just ordered the Condensed Milk to make your Dominican Shake and I'm curious to see the effect it will have on this recipe! I've also started using Horchata Smooth TPA in place of the Horchata CAP. After having lived in Phoenix for 15 years and drinking barrels worth of Horchata, the Horchata Smooth seems to have a more accurate level of sweetness that you typically get from a glass of Horchata. This has been one of my favorite recipes to mess around with.

StanleySpadowski

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@tonyp1119
2% Cream Fresh (FA)
6% Horchata (CAP)
0.5% Koolada 10% (TPA)
1.5% Milk Condensed (FA)
1.5% Sweet Cream (CAP)

I'm going to have to try this version. I just ordered some FA Condensed Milk to make your Dominican Shake and I'm curious to see what it will do to this mix. I've started using TPA Horchata Smooth in place of the CAP Horchata since it tastes more like actual Horchata I used to drink all the time living in Phoenix. This has definitely been one of my favorite recipes to experiment with.

tonyp1119

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@tonyp1119
2% Cream Fresh (FA)
6% Horchata (CAP)
0.5% Koolada 10% (TPA)
1.5% Milk Condensed (FA)
1.5% Sweet Cream (CAP)

I'm going to have to try this version. I just ordered some FA Condensed Milk to make your Dominican Shake and I'm curious to see what it will do to this mix. I've started using TPA Horchata Smooth in place of the CAP Horchata since it tastes more like actual Horchata I used to drink all the time living in Phoenix. This has definitely been one of my favorite recipes to experiment with.
I'm pretty sure you'll like this. Honestly I like it the way it is, with the koolada & without. I'm in the process of mixing another revision of this recipe, I will post back when is ready. By the way this recipe is all inspired by Squonk, I just did some tweaking to it. Thank you Stanley!

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mixed this up yesterday and just trying it today. The milk really stands out in a good way.
Horchata(CAP) 6%
DX Milk(TFA) 2%
Fresh Cream(FA) 1%
Shisha Vanilla(INW) .75%

Jerry J

Member For 5 Years
For some reason I thought I had just received a bottle of Cap Horchata. Wrong! it was the new Churro flavor from Cap that I had just got. Anyhow I had already started mixing everything up and decided to just use the Churro at the same numbers as the original recipe here. It's really not all that bad, initially, with just a shake n'vape. I think that if might take a couple of days to come together.

I've been going through a churro binge lately. I had ordered a couple of bottles of The Vaping Rabbit's Churrios and a bottle of Jet Fuel's Papi Churro. I'm thinking that this might come out somewhere in between these two.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally finally finally .. got around to making this after running across it a ways back ... finally remembering to order the horchata after deciding at some point to try that flavor out, Got the Horchata in.. then didn't mix for a couple of months .. forgot about this recipe.. and finally mixed it up like 3 days ago... bangin good!

Thanks yet again Squonk for a delicious recipe!

VU Sponsors