Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I have a ehpro Raptor tank that uses its own coils as well as Horizontech falcon king coils. The flavor is amazing, best I’ve had period. It’s on par with my beloved profile rda which I thought impossible from a factory coil tank. My problem is these EHpro coils don’t last very long. The start leaching dirty juice into the tank turning my clear juice dark after a few days and it’s not long after the taste starts suffering. I’m hoping the falcon coils last longer and I still get that excellent flavor. So for those who have used these coils, how long they last you? Also I’d like to hear if you have any other pertinent information about these coils.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I don't know about longevity, as I've only had mine (in a Falcon King tank) for a day, and I have little to which to compare it, as my only other current tank is a Falcon, but I can tell you this: The vape I'm getting from the 0.38 ohm dual coil, vaping Aqua Cream Vortex, is incredible! Running it on a Kaos mood at 55W. Dense, flavorful, slightly warm vape.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I don't know about longevity, as I've only had mine (in a Falcon King tank) for a day, and I have little to which to compare it, as my only other current tank is a Falcon, but I can tell you this: The vape I'm getting from the 0.38 ohm dual coil, vaping Aqua Cream Vortex, is incredible! Running it on a Kaos mood at 55W. Dense, flavorful, slightly warm vape.
Well that’s good news because my Raptor gives great flavor also. I’m running it side by side with my Uforce with freemax mesh coils which is quite flavorful but there is a noticeable difference between it and my Raptor. It’s moreso impressive because I love the flavor from my Uforce but the Raptor is on a different level. I just hate the lifespan, much too short for me to justify continued use. I’d just use my rda for equal flavor which I already do I’m just lazy and don’t like rebuilding. Anyway thanks for the response and please come back and tell me how long that coil works for you.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I've been using mostly my Falcon because that's what's got the juice of which I have the most stock, but I tell ya what: Tomorrow, no, tonight, I'll swap the juices and switch to the King. I was thinking of doing that, anyway, for my own test purposes. N.B.: I'm not a heavy vaper.

Whoa! Nic buzz! LOL! (Tryin' to clear the coils of the old juice.)

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a ehpro Raptor tank that uses its own coils as well as Horizontech falcon king coils. The flavor is amazing, best I’ve had period. It’s on par with my beloved profile rda which I thought impossible from a factory coil tank. My problem is these EHpro coils don’t last very long. The start leaching dirty juice into the tank turning my clear juice dark after a few days and it’s not long after the taste starts suffering. I’m hoping the falcon coils last longer and I still get that excellent flavor. So for those who have used these coils, how long they last you? Also I’d like to hear if you have any other pertinent information about these coils.
My favorite Falcon coils are the triple mesh. They last me a LONG time (if I dont dry burn them). I used one this year for months. But it's a DIY recipe that I've found is pretty coil freindly. I used the same coil from January to mid July. Flavor didnt drop off much, and I was still getting decent flavor when I decided to change it. The next coil I accidentally dry burned. My Falcons have been sitting in their nest for a while while I'm trying other attys.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
My favorite Falcon coils are the triple mesh. They last me a LONG time (if I dont dry burn them). I used one this year for months. But it's a DIY recipe that I've found is pretty coil freindly. I used the same coil from January to mid July. Flavor didnt drop off much, and I was still getting decent flavor when I decided to change it. The next coil I accidentally dry burned. My Falcons have been sitting in their nest for a while while I'm trying other attys.
Good to know, I’ll have to pick up some triple mesh and give them a try.

tejas240

Member For 2 Years
I read the Raptor coils are the bomb, I wasn't impressed with falcon coils. I need to get some raptor coils and try that tank again. My num 1 tank is my Freemax mesh pro with triple coils, umm umm.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I read the Raptor coils are the bomb, I wasn't impressed with falcon coils. I need to get some raptor coils and try that tank again. My num 1 tank is my Freemax mesh pro with triple coils, umm umm.
The Raptor is the most flavorful tank I’ve used in my 7 years of vaping. I like the single coil and the triple coil, I haven’t tried the double. I wish they would last longer but I mix my own juice and I did add more sweetener than I usually do by accident so maybe that’s the reason they are turning my juice brown so quick. Either way I highly recommend trying the Raptor because it’s flavor is stupendous.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
... I mix my own juice and I did add more sweetener than I usually do by accident so maybe that’s the reason they are turning my juice brown so quick.
ICBW, but ISTR, from the last time I was vaping, that heavily-sweetened juices tend to foul coils a lot faster than juices that are less heavily sweetened?

My original Falcon King coil I think is still going strong at the end of day 2+. I say "I think" because I've got a touch of vape tongue, so it's hard to tell, for sure. Everything I've read suggested I should be able to get 2-3 weeks out of a coil.

If the Falcon King coils work in the Raptor, then the Raptor coils will work in the Falcon King, no? I've got to place a coil order. Maybe I'll try one.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
ICBW, but ISTR, from the last time I was vaping, that heavily-sweetened juices tend to foul coils a lot faster than juices that are less heavily sweetened?

My original Falcon King coil I think is still going strong at the end of day 2+. I say "I think" because I've got a touch of vape tongue, so it's hard to tell, for sure. Everything I've read suggested I should be able to get 2-3 weeks out of a coil.

If the Falcon King coils work in the Raptor, then the Raptor coils will work in the Falcon King, no? I've got to place a coil order. Maybe I'll try one.
Yes Raptor and falcon coils work both ways

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Yes Raptor and falcon coils work both ways
Kinda figured it had to be that way.

I won't have an update on my first Falcon King coil today--which would otherwise have been Day 3 for it. I bought a new Tobeco Mini Super Tank and loaded it with a juice that's about as far away from what I've been vaping as I could find. I'm gonna stick with that for a day to see if I can get the taste of my preferred juices back.

Ironically: This "repair" juice I'm kinda sorta liking :)

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So for a beginner... what are the benefits of a falcon king tank? I’ve read all the posts but a lot of it is expert vaper talk and I need it dumbed down for me :(

I checked it out on one of my online vape shops but it’s still a lot of info I don’t understand.

I currently have a Cerberus tank. It does well, but I seem to be burning through coils weekly (with all the proper care tips as well)

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I'm gonna have to let somebody with a wider range of current product take this one, AMPetti79.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
FWIW: I'm happy enough with the Falcon King 0.38 ohm dual coils to have just ordered six of 'em from VaporDNA.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
So I'm up to ±Day 5 on my first Falcon King M-Dual coil and it's still going strong. My other FK tank has ±3 days on it and, likewise, is still great. Caveat, though: I've been vaping at stupidly-low wattages--around 52-53W much of that time. Just last night I upped 'em to 55-57W.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Here it is on ±Day 10 on my first Falcon King coil, and ±Day 6 on the second. Tank/coil #1 has now had three different dessert type juices in it. The other mostly a more fruit-like juice. Both are still hanging in there. Been vaping at 55-58W the entire week. Occasionally up to 60W for test purposes.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
So, @Rooster Cogburn, did you get some Falcon King coils and, if so, how did they work out for you?

I haven't been keeping close track, but I think I've generally been getting 2-3 weeks out of a coil. But, as I noted in another thread, just a bit ago, I've been vaping at really low wattages. I just discovered if I turn it up quite a bit the flavour goes through the roof. It remains to be seen what that will do to my coil life.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
So, @Rooster Cogburn, did you get some Falcon King coils and, if so, how did they work out for you?

I haven't been keeping close track, but I think I've generally been getting 2-3 weeks out of a coil. But, as I noted in another thread, just a bit ago, I've been vaping at really low wattages. I just discovered if I turn it up quite a bit the flavour goes through the roof. It remains to be seen what that will do to my coil life.
I did, I got the 0.38 ohm ones, double mesh I think. They do give me better life then my Raptor coils but the Raptor coils give better flavor. I have several boxes of Raptor coils to go thru but when I do it’s gonna be a hard decision which to buy more of. The Falcon coils give great flavor just not quite as good as the Raptor but with the longer life. I will probably buy more falcon coils when the time comes. Or maybe some of both, oh hell I don’t know. The falcon coils last me a couple weeks which is decent.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
You might try a set each of the M1+ and M-Triple coils. (N.B.: The "+" in the former. The M1, w/o the "+", is the smaller Falcon coil.) I read, somewhere, where somebody wrote the M1+ and M-Triple coils were great, but the M-Double coils not so much.

I haven't tried an M1+ yet, though I plan to do so. I wasn't able to tell a whole heck of a lot of difference between the M-Double and M-Triple.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Yea I am going to try the M+ coils next, I’m just waiting for a sale because I’m in no hurry with a decent stock of coils to use.

thor363

Member For 3 Years
I picked up a pair of the Falcon Kings for a trip that's upcoming for ease of use so I'm not carrying rebuildable tools etc. I have a number of other tanks, but thought I'd give these a try and see if they compare.

Anyone got a good source for the newer coils for these?

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I picked up a pair of the Falcon Kings for a trip that's upcoming for ease of use so I'm not carrying rebuildable tools etc. I have a number of other tanks, but thought I'd give these a try and see if they compare.

Anyone got a good source for the newer coils for these?
https://www.vaporbeast.com/horizon-m1-mesh-replacement-coil-3-pack.html
here’s a decent price on one of the better coils-the M1+ This also uses EHpro Raptor coils which are good tasting coils but don’t last as long as the falcon ones in my experience.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Yea I am going to try the M+ coils next ...
I'll be interested to hear your take on the M1+ coils. I just bought a another Falcon King at a LVS. Their price wasn't outrageous and I wanted another, so...

Put the M1+ coil in (it comes with the M-Double coil installed), juiced it up with Jam Monster Raspberry, which I was also anxious to try. Wow! This thing, at <looks...> 58W is producing a seriously dense, flavourful vape. Of this coil, the M-Double, and M-Triple, I think this coil may be the best of the three.

Not a very scientific method, though, being as it's both a new coil and a new juice. But I've been vaping Jam Monster Blueberry on an M-Double and, while it's good, very good, this is even better. I think what I'll need to do is vape the Blueberry again, then swap the coil in that tank for an M1+ and try it again.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I'll be interested to hear your take on the M1+ coils. I just bought a another Falcon King at a LVS. Their price wasn't outrageous and I wanted another, so...

Put the M1+ coil in (it comes with the M-Double coil installed), juiced it up with Jam Monster Raspberry, which I was also anxious to try. Wow! This thing, at <looks...> 58W is producing a seriously dense, flavourful vape. Of this coil, the M-Double, and M-Triple, I think this coil may be the best of the three.

Not a very scientific method, though, being as it's both a new coil and a new juice. But I've been vaping Jam Monster Blueberry on an M-Double and, while it's good, very good, this is even better. I think what I'll need to do is vape the Blueberry again, then swap the coil in that tank for an M1+ and try it again.
I haven’t gotten any yet, I’m currently buying other vaping needs so it may be awhile. I have a bunch of Raptor coils and some of the 0.38 falcon coils so it’s not an imminent need. They will be the next coils I buy for this tank though because I’ve heard lots of good things.

thor363

Member For 3 Years

I second the gut feel that the M1+ is MUCH better than the M2. I vape frankly non-stop most of the day, and the M1+ was quicker to get broken in (though the M2 was quick too when compared to the Freemax Mesh coils). Comparing the flavor at best sweet spots between the M1+ and the M2, there's a ton more flavor in the M1+ and the M2 seemed quite muted and felt like there was less air flow also if that makes sense. The build of the King is so much better than the Fireluke, I'll be giving one of my Fireluke Mesh tanks to my step-son tomorrow when he's here, and it's only 2 weeks old. I'd bought the Fireluke to have as a spare due to leaking issues with EVERY Fireluke I've got (3). It's inevitable that Fireluke leaks despite caring for them exceptionaly well and very careful coil changes. Seems like when run with the standard tank on Fireluke, it's very small and doesn't like the heat. When running the Fireluke with larger optional glass the leaks don't seem to happen (including using larger 10ml Inked Atty glass). Anyway, another vote for the M1+ coils. Doing really well, and no complaints at all.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I'm going to take one of my other Falcon King tanks, one that currently has an M-Dual in it, and swap the coil out for one of the M1+ coils that came with the tank. I'll let y'all know what my impressions are.

VU Sponsors