How to Clean and Maintain Your Vape Coils & Tanks Guide

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Instead of calling everything a tank, call them what they are, RTA, RDA, RDTA etc. You show pics of each in your document calling all of them tanks.
Be careful of dry burning SS. They should just be lightly heated and not really glowing hot.
One picture shows a mech mod in the tub to be cleaned which is fine. You need mention that a regulated mod should not be submersed in any liquid.

lak611

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd also suggest that you change the section about maintaining the ideal e-liquid level. Obviously, one doesn't want to let the liquid run dry and burn the wick whilst using the tank. However, if one is finished vaping for the day, then it is better to leave the tank almost empty and refill the next morning. Filling a tank and leaving it sit overnight will sometimes cause the tank to leak.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice job. Would have been nice to have something as comprehensive when I was a vape rookie.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
However, if one is finished vaping for the day, then it is better to leave the tank almost empty and refill the next morning. Filling a tank and leaving it sit overnight will sometimes cause the tank to leak.

This would be when one checks the o-rings, proper seating of a coil head assembly for a true RTA / SubOhm tank / Clear-o-mizer. If you couldn't figure out why the tank leaked setting full overnight you then may want to consider a different style / brand of tank.

If Smok can make their low end atomizers to not leak, then, no excuse for any other manufacture to have leaking aromizers. And yes Smok has done that in the past. I used some of their evod style tanks that never really leaked. Once or twice I had to blow out excess juice but that I don't consider leaking as it was done with intent.

Some of Smok's stuff now might leak like sieves, or not. I don't use "Tanks" much or at all any longer. I squonk and use RDAs with bottom feed (squonky/capillary) 510 pins. (If I don't squonk, I drip regular style using RDAs.)

I see people here and on other forums mention Smok's quality has gone to crap, they make leaky tanks. I have to take that at face value. That's why I say it might leak now. I don't know but read that's the case a good bit.

Still I would be troubleshooting the reason a tank leaked starting with o-rings and coil seating. Both are usually not too difficult to fix. Once fixed you might enjoy using the product. If not PIF it, go buy something else.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Signs that You Need to Change Your Vape Coil

2. You feel a “burnt” taste when using it even after cleaning the device

I love this! It reminds me of something the Crazy Russian Hacker said in one of his videos. He was reviewing canned oxygen and testing one. "It tastes cold," he said.

How do you taste cold? What does cold taste like?

How do you feel a burnt taste?

I think it's hilarious and a good joke in a way.

I mean having no sense of smell I've adopted to using some synesthesia to let other people express smells to me. I ask what color do roses smell, for example. I can understand to a point but a lot of the mainstream "normal people" might not comprehend what is being expressed. And I can admit sometimes I miss the boat as well.

0:34 on to about 0:44. "Listen!"

"You smell something?"

Last edited:

VU Sponsors