Become a Patron!

How to increase airflow in goblin mini

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
By removing the AFC the airflow is greatly increased in the goblin mini. The lever assembly simply is pulled out. You must pull equally on all sides. This simple mod greatly increases airflow.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dang dre excellent, I will fiddle with this today as the flow has been a little restrictive since I got the tfv4 it has spoiled me:) but it's a monster so I still rock the shit out of my mini.

I'm sure you went over it in another post but what was you best working build in the mini? I have had quite a few in it and it seems to get crackly and starts dry hitting at random times and man I have tried a million different wicking techniques and all seem to work for a while then it seems to go south for some reason...never leaks on me though.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I only run titanium. 26g 10 wrap around a 2.5mm rod. I wick it with the cotton. Just resting over the channels and cut even wih the deck.

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use 24g and 26g with 24g I do 7 wrap 2.5mm id,with the 26 I do 10 wrap 2.5mm and wick it like dre and also you can slide the chamber over the wicks and cut it level with the top of the chamber and then pack it down like wicking a kayfun a lad I chat to on here showed me thanks Jasonfox1988.

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

S3rv3d

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think this build improved my airflow and flavour.

Quad 2mm ID, about 8 wraps 30G. Sits at aout 0.41 ohms.

wsryid.jpg

2vk00nk.jpg

Fold top part of wick over the coils and place on the chimney.
2ue5esw.jpg

Try to keep airflow free and tuck down any stray cotton.
okbl6x.jpg

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy moly dude, thank you so much for these build pics got bored and threw the same build on mine today and holy moly its incredible:) It was a little tedious but not too bad and it wicks and vapes like a champ:) Wonderful idea!!!

S3rv3d

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Holy moly dude, thank you so much for these build pics got bored and threw the same build on mine today and holy moly its incredible:)It was a little tedious but not too bad and it wicks and vapes like a champ:) Wonderful idea!!!

No probs. Yeah it didn't take me as long as i thought it would. Pretty simple and wicking is amazing as its feeding directly to the coils.

I think this build improved my airflow and flavour.

Quad 2mm ID, about 8 wraps 30G. Sits at aout 0.41 ohms.

wsryid.jpg

2vk00nk.jpg

Fold top part of wick over the coils and place on the chimney.
2ue5esw.jpg

Try to keep airflow free and tuck down any stray cotton.
okbl6x.jpg
this setup looked super cool.. what if i use Titanium wire instead? what will be the suitable setup for IPV 4S? i have 26g Titanium wire right now. thanks

S3rv3d

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
this setup looked super cool.. what if i use Titanium wire instead? what will be the suitable setup for IPV 4S? i have 26g Titanium wire right now. thanks

Im not sure really i haven't really played with TC yet, but i think 26g would be too thick. unless you try 1.5mm coils

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use 2.5mm coils with 26g titanium but just a basic dual coil ten wrap

VU Sponsors