Become a Patron!

How to post an URL as a Normal URL

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can't get a text link to display like that though. I didn't know about the "unfurl" expression :) Though I am no bbcode guru either

I always used the simple url syntax like this
View attachment 173525

Which gives us this:

VU

I'm talking about when you copy 'n paste an outside URL, this happens:

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No worries man, just a little thing that annoyed me and I thought I'd share how to get around it. :)

Imagine you're posting a list of text links...then formatting chaos ensues....ack!
Yep. I get it now. That's good to know.

What did you do? Check the page source, see that in there and experiment? That's how I woulda found this out. ?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh never mind again. You said you went to edit an existing post in which the "unfurl" piece had already been rendered.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Overlook @CaFF , he's one of my kind a, ... Freak. :D :)

On another note, I keep running into a wall regarding the number of links one can post in a post. Seems if I try posting more than three the site is hard coded to reject that. Then, again I switched from looking at the site in Firefox to Opera on Linux. that might be the issue, dunno.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
On another note, I keep running into a wall regarding the number of links one can post in a post. Seems if I try posting more than three the site is hard coded to reject that. Then, again I switched from looking at the site in Firefox to Opera on Linux. that might be the issue, dunno.
Hmm, I use Waterfox Classic on WIn7 Ultimate and Linux both, the new Opera is basically Chromium. I don't think that is it.

Lemme see....I'd think that wouldn't happen as reviews, tutorials, sale postings, etc would often have multiple links.

Testing...

Well, seems you are right...that's bizarre. Even when in code tags. :(

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Tried Waterfox and like it well. I've also used Pale Moon. Got Waterfox on here now, but keep forgetting to open it as it was in a tarball. Yep, noticed Opera is just a Chromium type. I don't use the Goggle monster's Chrome. Bad enough I can ask my wife's Google nest "what am I thinking?" *grin*

Back to Firefox for the moment. I doubt Dillo, Midori, Falkon would do me any good for most of my browsing.

VU Sponsors