Become a Patron!

Huckleberried

Doncd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Please remove me from the forum I am tired of the shit people give you when you ask a simple ? I will find a more. Friendly site thank you

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Please remove me from the forum I am tired of the shit people give you when you ask a simple ? I will find a more. Friendly site thank you
I'm so sorry you feel this way. I can't remove your account, but if there's something I can do to help, I'll sure give it a try! If I can't help you, I'll find someone that can. I haven't run into this myself, here at VU, at other places, I certainly have. We have some very knowledgeable members here, so please let me know if I can help.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Hi everyone! I’m Huckleberried, this is a little about me.

I started smoking when I was 15 years old, which at this very moment, looks horrifying! Oh gosh, that’s so sad! Have you ever typed that out? :(

Fast forward 30 years! (even more horrifying)…

I really had no desire to stop smoking. I had tried a couple of times with most things people try, nothing worked, so why try again? It was my best friend with coffee in the morning, went with me everywhere, hung out with me when I was stressed, happy, sad, “normal”. We were together through everything. Because quitting hadn’t worked out for me, the thought of trying again just scared me.

One day I came home from work and my boyfriend had gotten an eGo kit in the mail. He had mentioned it, having seen his nephew using one, but I didn’t realize he had ordered one. He said he liked it, had been using it all day and hadn’t had a cigarette since. WHAT?! He handed it to me to try. I coughed, like most do, then I guess I made a face, because he started laughing. I didn’t know what to expect, but it was not that flavor! Flavor?? LOL He suggested I try to find something menthol around town, his kit came with 2 of everything, so why not? The next day I ended up at a Smoker’s Outlet, LOL. They carried about 10 flavors, I got a menthol one, drove home, and had him show me how to do it. At the time, I thought it wasn’t bad, so decided to give it a try.

I started researching “electronic cigarette” online. I was stunned with all the links that came up. One link I kept running across was ECF, so I did more reading there. I eventually joined and I did learn quite a bit. It was enough to get me going in the right direction. It took me 3 weeks to finally put down cigarettes. My last cigarette was July 28, 2013.

I stumbled into a group of THE BEST people, and continued to chat with them daily (still do, but here!). I learned about better vaping devices, how to rebuild coils, where to buy better juices and, eventually, make my own! My stay there was about 9 months, until their mods, doing what they do best, decided one of our pals couldn’t play anymore. This lead to all of us abandoning ship for our brave New World: The Underground.

I’ve been a member here since July 3, 2014, a different kind of independence for me. I’ve had a wonderful time here with my pals, and I’ve been amazed at how much VU has grown since I joined. I see many, many new faces, and many old friends, too. It’s really a beautiful thing.

Vapers are some of the best, most genuine, caring and generous people I've ever come across. I'm having the time of my life! All because I found vaping and quit smoking. Amazing. Still blows me away.

(On an odd note, there’s a commercial about quitting smoking on TV right now. Thanks, but I’m covered. ;) )
Huck !!!! You are the best :) A truly genuine person that I am happy to call a friend :) VU made a great move by asking you to be a mod, not like a mod to vape but like a Boss Mod. ha! You guys all motivated me at the other place to stay focused on quitting smoking and for that I could never repay you but I thank you from the bottom of my heart , and Mrs. C does to lol.

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
@Huckleberried. One of my new friends here on the Underground. We've never met in person, but she always says hi when we run across each other in other venues! Thank you Huck! Thank you for all you do for all of us on the Underground!!!!!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Huckleberried. One of my new friends here on the Underground. We've never met in person, but she always says hi when we run across each other in other venues! Thank you Huck! Thank you for all you do for all of us on the Underground!!!!!
You went MIA for a bit, I think because of work, so of COURSE I say hi!! You're good people. :)

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Howdy thurr partner, thanks for sharing and congrats on Mod Status!

d3Os2lG.gif
I love this Clint Eastwood GIF.... Nice.

Hey, Huck, from me and mine.... *tips hat*

VU Sponsors