Sent from a Galaxy far far away

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Hmm... Able to see pic on Tapatalk, but on the webz it shows a red X.
2ba4db93cf715767694d141f3f3cc1b4.jpg

Tried to repost the gif, but the file is too big for Tapatalk :huh:

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !
I've seen that before on gifs, not sure why.
I attached it here from the web but I don't know if it uploaded.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Still waiting for the weather to kill the damned vampire flies that keep sneaking in the house.

View attachment 186977
Try this, it worked for me with fruit flies but it's supposed to work on mosquitoes too.

Take a jar and fill it 1/2 or 1/3 full of apple cider vinegar. Next, gently mix in a few squirts dish soap (maybe a teaspoon amount) so there are no bubbles. Then, leave it on your counter overnight near where you see them. In the morning there will be drowned fruit flies in the bottom of it!

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Try this, it worked for me with fruit flies but it's supposed to work on mosquitoes too.

Take a jar and fill it 1/2 or 1/3 full of apple cider vinegar. Next, gently mix in a few squirts dish soap (maybe a teaspoon amount) so there are no bubbles. Then, leave it on your counter overnight near where you see them. In the morning there will be drowned fruit flies in the bottom of it!

Fruit flies ain't the problem. It's the damned blood sucking mosquitoes.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Fruit flies ain't the problem. It's the damned blood sucking mosquitoes.
I read that but the article I got it from said it works on mosquitoes and fruit flies.
Another article specifically for mosquitoes used the same ingredients but they suggested taking a plastic juice bottle, cut the top off and stick it upside-down in the bottle ( like a funnel) and duct tape it on.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I read that but the article I got it from said it works on mosquitoes and fruit flies.
Another article specifically for mosquitoes used the same ingredients but they suggested taking a plastic juice bottle, cut the top off and stick it upside-down in the bottle ( like a funnel) and duct tape it on.

If only I could maintain a vapor cloud in a bottle as bait for the pesky bastards. They seem to love my flavors.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got a couple bats living in our barn here. Yes, along with a racoon, cat, chicken. A bat can eat up to 25 lbs of bugs in a night. We might get a rare mosquito or two during Spring/Summer. The bats though usually ensure that's all we see of them.

I'm still finding it funny how these critters are in co-habitation. One might think the racoon or cat would do away with the chicken. It's just the opposite, they each protect the chicken. And the cat doesn't go after the bats either.

Sure, critters are dumb. Funny how we the wisest animal cannot manage such getting along.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reminds me of a Sunday dinner at grandma's. Cousin Char--- was sitting beside grandma. She reached out into the air and quickly jerked her hand back in a fist. "Got ya!"

Her dad uncle Buddy looked over to her. "Sure you got him this time?"

Char--- drew her fist close to her eye and seemed to peek in. "Yes, I see him in there."

By this time my grandma was all sorts of curious, squirming to see. Char--- just sit there her fist on the table, eating. Directly she moved her fist in a bit of jerk. "Oh no, he's fighting to get away."

Grandma had taken the bait. "Well let me see him."

Buddy: "Mom, Char--- has been trying to catch him for a week now. If he escapes again, well, she might not ever get another."

Char---:"It's okay dad, I think grandma might calm him down." And of course she give another little jerk of her fist. "Hm, well you might be right. Grandma, I can't let you see him unless you promise not to scare him."

"Oh I won't," grandma replied.

Char--- brought her fist over toward grandma, went on then to slowly open it. Grandma saw an empty hand. "Uh oh, what did you have?"

Char-- looked to her palm. "It was a leprechaun but darn it, you scared him and he pooped on my hand before escaping. So I only got a handful of crap."

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Working as a custodian in public schools, oh such a temptation. Should better not though. Folks up the ranks would likely have a conniption fit.

In one classroom with tiled floor I swept out over ten different crayons. I went to the white board and with a dry erase maker wrote basically this.

"Crayons off the floor, or no more crayons. --- Custodians"

We have stuff in a can that which can effectively lift ground in crayon off the floor. It is an extra time wasting hassle though as well as we're admonished to not use it. The stuff costs about $2 a can and well that's seen as too much overhead.

Not to mention we got idiot teachers. I kid you not. I've had a teacher stop me and complain there was something that looked like blood out in the hall on the floor. Took one look at it.

"No mam, not blood."

"How can you be sure?"

"Mam, I've been a soldier, cna, emt, worked in agriculture, food services and now as custodian. I've seen plenty of blood. Nothing looks like blood. When you see blood you know its blood. It kicks you in the gut."

"Oh, um, erm okay well can you clean it up before it frightens the children?"

"They put it there, likely. *bends down, rubs, scratches feels the waxiness* "Yep, red crayon. Yes, I'll clean it up. That's my work."

She had the audacity to tell the principle I took an attitude with her. My tone the whole time had been checked professional, calm, as polite as I could be. I simply stated a fact. Sorry if reality didn't meet up with the teacher's delusions, but that isn't my job.

So in regarding this class room with all the crayons on its floor, I figured a brief note with hint of consequence for students might help everyone. It might have been appreciated even. Boy was I wrong apparently. The teacher who used the room fussed at the principle I guess. It come back to me from another custodian.

"We don't do stuff like that. We're not the teachers."

And I thought, well, teachers ought to start teaching kids about consequences. Later found out some of them do try. Ultimately though it returns to parental responsibility. There we are then.

Parents are terrified to discipline children.

"Hey mom, how about I tweet about how you beat my butt for smoking?"

"Hello, CPS here to take little Tommy Jones into foster care."

Tell you what. What. Society has been turned on its ear over this last generation. *smh* And not for the better t'all.

People even fear joking, much less disciplining children. May as well shot me now. Yes, that's a joke. I really don't want shot. I'm being sarcastic regarding the whole situation. Sarcasm at one time was a form of humor.

Since I had to explain it, it's no longer a joke. In fact simply forget it. Not even sure why I typed it. Also, I apologize for dumping like this in the humor thread. I see this kind of stuff though and yes I face depression. This could really get to me. Instead you know what I do?

I laugh myself to sleep over it. It's too damn serious to not laugh. Besides if you start crying over it, you'll be driven mad. Yep, got the t-shirt. Not a fun place to live. So, I laugh and yes to a degree it can help.

Culture jamming also helps.

We're Not Gonna Take It!

Jam that in yer pie hole and toke it. :)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors