Become a Patron!

Hybrid mixing

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What I mean is mixing store bought with DIY. Some examples:
Naked POG is great but so bright and "in your face" so I added some of my DIY bavarian cream to "smooth it out". Makes it so much better (to me anyway)
I have Vape Kitcken blueberry donut. It's really too sweet and I don't get donut from it so I mixed it with my DIY cheesecake (that I added graham cracker and mascarpone cheese) Just did this so will try it later. I'm hoping my (not sweet) cheesecake will balance the over sweet blueberry juice.
I have other examples but would like to hear about your experiences with doing this (or if you just have questions about it)
BTW, my first "DIY" ever was adding a variety of fruit flavors to Vapetasia Killer Kustard. Very soon after that, I order supplies to do full blown DIY.
Sometimes a store bought juice is just too strong/sweet... dilute it with unflavored (at the same nic level) or adjust the nic level at the same time. So many way to utilize this method.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mixing store bought with store bought also can work in some cases, though. For example, I thought that Yankee Juice Co Sherbet Lemons tastes way too bitter for my liking, IME it tastes fairly extremely bitter actually, but after I added Alien Vape Catalina at 25%-30% it got truly excellent. By itself, Catalina is pretty good also, but it's one of those juices that can taste a bit soapy at first, until the soapy undertaste wears off completely as a result from the taste buds adapting theirself over the course of just a few hours or maybe less, and, when mixed together with the Sherbet Lemons this initial undertaste kind of effect didn't seem to occur. Incidentally. đź‘˝

Last edited:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've done that too (but for different reasons) I once go this "mystery box" of juices (it was crazy cheap because all they had left was 0 nic) I also had 12 mg juices but needed some 6 mg for some "sub-ohm" tanks I got. I mixed then to end up with 6mg and also played with combining flavors... that was fun. At first, I was just adding my own nic to the 0mg juices.

What I mean is mixing store bought with DIY. Some examples:
Naked POG is great but so bright and "in your face" so I added some of my DIY bavarian cream to "smooth it out". Makes it so much better (to me anyway)
I have Vape Kitcken blueberry donut. It's really too sweet and I don't get donut from it so I mixed it with my DIY cheesecake (that I added graham cracker and mascarpone cheese) Just did this so will try it later. I'm hoping my (not sweet) cheesecake will balance the over sweet blueberry juice.
I have other examples but would like to hear about your experiences with doing this (or if you just have questions about it)
BTW, my first "DIY" ever was adding a variety of fruit flavors to Vapetasia Killer Kustard. Very soon after that, I order supplies to do full blown DIY.
Sometimes a store bought juice is just too strong/sweet... dilute it with unflavored (at the same nic level) or adjust the nic level at the same time. So many way to utilize this method.
love me some pog, my daily since junky juice!
sometimes l'll add coastal clouds guava to round it out and make it more gushy;
had anyone ever tried a drop or two of essential oil? citrus's pretty good, was thinking about nutmeg (myristicin) in a fruit or dessert juice; h-mart's lychee flavoring isn't too bad at low concentrations ..

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
In general, you should avoid any oils in e-juice. Also, it won't mix in well. Are you talking about grocery store flavorings? Those often have oils and/or alcohol (also something to careful about using) A small bit of alcohol is OK (you can let the juice sit with the cap off and it will evaporate) but too much really thins the e-liquid and will taste harsh in a vape.
On a side note: made some really strong nutmeg "tea" once... actually got a buzz (mildly hallucinagenic) but it really bothered my stomach... won't try that again.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
In general, you should avoid any oils in e-juice. Also, it won't mix in well. Are you talking about grocery store flavorings? Those often have oils and/or alcohol (also something to careful about using) A small bit of alcohol is OK (you can let the juice sit with the cap off and it will evaporate) but too much really thins the e-liquid and will taste harsh in a vape.
On a side note: made some really strong nutmeg "tea" once... actually got a buzz (mildly hallucinagenic) but it really bothered my stomach... won't try that again.

I read somewhere a long time ago that inmates used to use nutmeg to get high until administrators caught on to what they were doing. Apparently if you can get a tablespoon of it down, you can tr*p your butt off. I'm not trying it. That much nutmeg? Are they crazy? A half-teaspoon of it would be a challenge.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Apparently if you can get a tablespoon of it down, you can tr*p your butt off.

I would accept that challenge save for one troubling fact. I have no butt to "off", laughing, tripping, shooting or otherwise "offing" a butt.

"Don't hate me for being butt-less. *cue Maybaline music and VO* I was born that way."

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I would accept that challenge save for one troubling fact. I have no butt to "off", laughing, tripping, shooting or otherwise "offing" a butt.

"Don't hate me for being butt-less. *cue Maybaline music and VO* I was born that way."

Must be mostly a guy thing. Most women, including/especially me, have enough butt for themselves and somebody else....except my sister, who is built like a skinny guy with no butt. I haven't seen her for a while, since before Covid, and she says she's gotten "fat" (*choke* what she calls fat is still far less than my goal weight). She might have a little bit of a butt now.

I started this, didn't I? Christ on a cracker, I must be bored as hell. lol

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I haven't seen her for a while, since before Covid, and she says she's gotten "fat" (*choke* what she calls fat is still far less than my goal weight).

Well, I'm over 300 lbs / 150 kg & stand 6 ft tall. No rump though. Need to get weight off for sure. Working like I do, walk about 15 miles a week. May lose 5 - 10 lbs here and there but it just returns.

Bored here as well.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey... what happened to my thread? It's all good. Maybe I should have titled it the "hybrid mixing/tripping your butt off" thread.
On a serious note: I don't want anyone to think you can vape actual nutmeg (or even a home-made extract) It could be very dangerous. There are nutmeg flavors that are water soluble and safe.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey... what happened to my thread? It's all good. Maybe I should have titled it the "hybrid mixing/tripping your butt off" thread.
On a serious note: I don't want anyone to think you can vape actual nutmeg (or even a home-made extract) It could be very dangerous. There are nutmeg flavors that are water soluble and safe.

Our apologies for the derail though. You'll find that to be common on our forum here. *chuckles* There's a lot of us that are polymaths, eccentrics aboard. We're "mostly harmless" yet do tend rambling like tumbleweeds.

You're correct vaping nutmeg isn't a good idea. Same goes for any oil based consumables marked for vaping. Yes, there's ways to do the wax and it leaves oil. Do not though directly vape oil based substances. Oils and human lungs do not mix. Refer to the vitamin E scare / incident we faced. What we tend to use is a "juice" or "liquid" derived from two alchol based carriers, possibly soluble nicotine, flavorings.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No worries about "derailing"... the thread was kinda slow anyway.
But yes, very important to clear up what is safe to vape and what may not be. On another forum, someone vaped grocery store peppermint flavor (mostly oil and alcohol) He was OK but learned a lesson. There are many good peppermint flavors (made for vaping)... no need to try McCormicks.

sorry that was me
on nutmeg juice flavors, vape as you like. Concerning myristicin or more spiritual pursuits of nutmeg's psychoactive compounds, and considering the different effect profiles depending on route of administration with other recreational substances, inhaling might be too intense-; l don’t think l could down a heaping spoonful but it wouldn't be too difficult to grate enough into a couple mugs of homemade high-proof eggnog.
But that's a whole different forum..
IMG_1866.JPG

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
sorry that was me
on nutmeg juice flavors, vape as you like. Concerning myristicin or more spiritual pursuits of nutmeg's psychoactive compounds, and considering the different effect profiles depending on route of administration with other recreational substances, inhaling might be too intense-; l don’t think l could down a heaping spoonful but it wouldn't be too difficult to grate enough into a couple mugs of homemade high-proof eggnog.
But that's a whole different forum..
View attachment 186923
IMO it looks far nicer if you frost the rim of your drinking glasses with some grinded DMT crystals.

IMO it looks far nicer if you frost the rim of your drinking glasses with some grinded DMT crystals.
alas..supply chain issues; don’t forget the MAOI if you’re swallowing or it'll be bitter and then you'll be bitter when it doesn’t make it past your gut. If l was able to go see the deemster, l would get there with my eD3, electronic drug delivery device...

Vape Nation IMG_1437.JPG

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Silver Lining , now worries... my first thought was "super eggnog" (edible) and I dd really have a good trip (except my stomach) Now we have strayed from vaping so please make that clear. I just wanted to make clear that some things are not good for vaping (be careful what you post on a vaping forum)
BTW, I'm really into photography... love doing shadow pics ;) It's all good, but keep in mind that some (especially younger people) might try stupid things.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK, maybe I can re-rail this thread. Had some 0 mg pre-made juice (french toast smores) and mixed it with some (DIY) cheesecake (that I added graham cracker and mascarpone cheese) the cheesecake was 12 mg so that worked out fine (the pre-made was so sweet anyway) It worked out great... it tastes wonderful (but going to add a little bit more chocolate next time) The cheesecake is not too sweet and the extra graham fit right in. Long story about how I ended up with 0 mg juice but it was free (they were out of the 6 mg I ordered) It is so yummy (but might add a few drops of chocolate anyway)

VU Sponsors