Become a Patron!

I’m Drag S and Overall Vape Stupid. Help!

Context: I’ve read a ton, talked to a couple folks in shops whose businesses are vapes… and nothing I’ve been told/read matches. Literally, nothing.

I got into vaping in a pinch, needing quick nicotine. I’ve smoked cigars for decades. I didn’t have time for even a short cigar, so a helpful person at a quicky mart offered me an e-cig. I was hooked by the effect, taste and convenience.

I subsequently bought two pod vapes made by SMOK. They’re decent, but leak more than I’d prefer. In came the Drag.

The Drag requires a ton of pressure to puff - a massive difference as compared to the pods. Is this expected? I’m not sure if this is normal, or if I’m using the wrong coil/wattage for the juice in the reservoir.

Is there a hard and fast rule for coil to nicotine level mapping? Voopoo has their documented guidelines, typically along the lines of salt/no salt based on what I think I understand. This is where the biggest differences are between shop and internet people.

Last thing… though I know taste is subjective, I’m
looking for a good tobacco flavored juice. Suggestions are very welcome!

Thanks!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
When you mean a ton of pressure to puff the drag are you speaking of the airflow? The Drag will take in much more air when you vape and put out a lot more vapor when you exhale. The pod devices are around 15 - 25 watts and have very tight airflow. This is necessary for the high nicotine levels in most salt nicotine.

The Drag is meant for regular eliquid which comes usually in 3mg & 6mg nicotine.
Nicotine salt usually comes in the 25mg to 60mg nicotine range

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Context: I’ve read a ton, talked to a couple folks in shops whose businesses are vapes… and nothing I’ve been told/read matches. Literally, nothing.

I got into vaping in a pinch, needing quick nicotine. I’ve smoked cigars for decades. I didn’t have time for even a short cigar, so a helpful person at a quicky mart offered me an e-cig. I was hooked by the effect, taste and convenience.

I subsequently bought two pod vapes made by SMOK. They’re decent, but leak more than I’d prefer. In came the Drag.

The Drag requires a ton of pressure to puff - a massive difference as compared to the pods. Is this expected? I’m not sure if this is normal, or if I’m using the wrong coil/wattage for the juice in the reservoir.

Is there a hard and fast rule for coil to nicotine level mapping? Voopoo has their documented guidelines, typically along the lines of salt/no salt based on what I think I understand. This is where the biggest differences are between shop and internet people.

Last thing… though I know taste is subjective, I’m
looking for a good tobacco flavored juice. Suggestions are very welcome!

Thanks!

It just sounds to me like you have the airflow closed all the way. There's a small lever near the top of the mod that controls the airflow vents that are on each side. Make sure your airflow is at least halfway open.

The Drag S uses Voopoo PNP coils, if I am not mistaken. The VM1 PNP coil is a very nice 0.3 ohm coil that lasts a long time and vapes really nicely. You could run 3mg or 6mg e-liquid in it, perhaps as high as 9 mg if you are trying to quit smoking using this device. Over time you would want to decrease some, if you went as high as 9 mg, more than likely. I use the VM1 coils at about 32-40 watts, depending on the e-liquid flavor I'm using.

I have two Drag X units, and they are very much like the Drag S, just a little taller and they use an 18650 replaceable battery instead of a built-in battery. I have had very good service from them, in fact, that Voopoo Pod Mod tank is one of my favorites for a tank that uses factory coils. Most of my devices are rebuildable - these are the only ones I buy coils for.

If you want to vape high-mg nic salts, then the airflow should be closed more, and you should run a coil that is at least 0.8 ohms, but preferably one that is 1 ohm or over. I am not sure such coils are available in the PNP group that fits the Drag S. You should Google that and see, and if a +1 ohm coil is used, reduce wattage to about 15W. This would be a mouth-to-lung vape, whereas the 0.3 ohm coil is for direct-lung vaping.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors