I can't tell ECF from VU now

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If they want you gone, trust me it will happen, they have so many joining on a daily basis they don't give a flying fuck about who you are anymore or what you had contributed to the forum in your prior years there. your just a number.

You're not just a number if you use Facebook Login on ECF. You are so much more than a number.
E-Cigarette-Forum will receive the following info your public profile, friend list, email address, birthday, work history, interests, current city, website, personal description and likes.

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I believe I just said that mr. tom baker, they used their veterans until they had no use for them anymore, shut down long standing popular threads and told the forefathers to take a hike. I'm not talking about what new shit they are into now with facebook I am talking about the turn of what once was something meaningful and throwing many under the bus to do it.

Last edited:

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oppressive regimes don't like them tho. and they don't like fresh ideas either. View attachment 3021
That's tough. ECF must've been bad. I don't think I ever joined. I don't think I've ever really engaged as much so quick or stayed as long as I have as here in vu. I've been ticked off and trolled and kicked out of a few places. I haven't had so much of a frown from vu. I will stay here. I like the people. You're nice too. Well, you're ok in your fruity way :)

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I once got an ECF infraction because I mentioned that someone asked me if my ecig was used for smoking for dope. I even went on to say how things like that give us all a bad name.
The thread was about misconceptions people have about vaping so I felt the comment was entirely appropriate.
Their moderators felt otherwise...

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I once got an ECF infraction because I mentioned that someone asked me if my ecig was used for smoking for dope. I even went on to say how things like that give us all a bad name.
The thread was about misconceptions people have about vaping so I felt the comment was entirely appropriate.
Their moderators felt otherwise...
What about if you lived in a country or even in a US state where dope is legal? Would you still not be allowed to discuss it? I mean it's legal in the uk to have sex at 16 and drink at 18. If I were discussing those things online in a community where it's illegal below for example 24yrs old I'd find it a bit draconian.

That's what people have found difficult to equate ..that the offline world and the online world operate differently. They're different worlds. We try too hard to enforce our offline worlds online and I'm not so sure that it can work that way. There's too many other influences and ideas from so many other places online which our own little offline societies never have to interact with 'out there' and thus so far hasn't found a proper way to deal with it in the online world. So they take a hard line in an attempt to establish their own real world rules and ethics in a mixed online community.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What about if you lived in a country or even in a US state where dope is legal? Would you still not be allowed to discuss it? I mean it's legal in the uk to have sex at 16 and drink at 18. If I were discussing those things online in a community where it's illegal below for example 24yrs old I'd find it a bit draconian.

That's what people have found difficult to equate ..that the offline world and the online world operate differently. They're different worlds. We try too hard to enforce our offline worlds online and I'm not so sure that it can work that way. There's too many other influences and ideas from so many other places online which our own little offline societies never have to interact with 'out there' and thus so far hasn't found a proper way to deal with it in the online world. So they take a hard line in an attempt to establish their own real world rules and ethics in a mixed online community.
I could understand them getting bent if I were glorifying drug use or even if I casually mentioned getting high, but that was FAR from the case. I, myself, don't use drugs, gave up drinking several years ago (not being judgemental- just not for me) and was attempting to express how the general public may see US as a result of some people using similar equipment for drugs.
It is, however, fine for them to approve vendors that sell 'dry herb' atomizers on the same page as vaping supplies.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe it's because I'm not a paying advertiser...
Gotta love the convenience of double standards, huh?

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
33lm4p5.jpg

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to say, the Provari fanboi-ism gets tiring pretty quickly on ECF. I mean, Provaris are well built and all, but really as far as features go, they're nothing special at all. In fact, as other manufacturers put out more advanced and better built devices, Provaris are really starting to show their age now.

I feel Provape's sales come mainly from their reputation and brand name rather than on their products' actual merits these days. They'd better put out some exceptionally innovative mod sooner rather than later (and not a slightly upgraded Provari that does VW - everybody and their dog does VW, it's pathetic) if they want to stay in business in the long run.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh good grief, lets not start that up here please:rolleyes:

Are you saying it's not possible to hold a reasonable conversation about a particular brand/model without the thread going Godwin on this here forum? I'd certainly expect better from forum dwellers who pride themselves on their being more mature than ECF.

Anyhow, I'm not dissing Provaris. Hell, I entered VJ's contest to win one :) They're nice mods, and I even think they're worth the price they sell for, but they don't justify the crazy groupthink, is all. Just like Apple products.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you saying it's not possible to hold a reasonable conversation about a particular brand/model without the thread going Godwin on this here forum? I'd certainly expect better from forum dwellers who pride themselves on their being more mature than ECF.

Anyhow, I'm not dissing Provaris. Hell, I entered VJ's contest to win one :) They're nice mods, and I even think they're worth the price they sell for, but they don't justify the crazy groupthink, is all. Just like Apple products.

LOL, lets hope so:):)

The Ocelot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I hate to break it to you, but ECF has a lot of different skins and was experimenting with the red one back in May. If you like it the old way (maybe "like" isn't the right word, since it seem hardly anyone on VU does), click on EC-1 in the box at the bottom on the right.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hate to break it to you, but ECF has a lot of different skins and was experimenting with the red one back in May. If you like it the old way (maybe "like" isn't the right word, since it seem hardly anyone on VU does), click on EC-1 in the box at the bottom on the right.

Your up early on a Sunday morning :)

This forum is fresh and new and I think many have migrated over here to "check it out" and like myself have found it to be a breath of fresh air and have just continued to "stick around" with the rest of the cool kids.

I find it a bit easier to navigate and do like the pop ups as you put your cursor over the names of the threads.

I also like the fact that Joe and the other mods and vendors will chime in on threads that interest him/them and we can all tell is not forced or bullshit.

ECF was probably just feeling like your Granddads Oldsmobile and is just attempting to freshen up its look to make themselves more attractive to both new and old members. But you have to remember the old saying, "you cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear"

I like the camaraderie here at Vaping Underground and also the fact that I don't have to be concerned about what I've said in a post the day before. I also like Joe being at the helm. Even though I rarely go into the ECF forums anymore, I do like the fact that over here, Nobody gives a shit if I do.

Two cents and all....o_O

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

We all entered. It's free. I'd enter a comp for a pair of Uggies if it were free

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You likely get this reaction because of the way your comments come across....you state your opinions on the subject as being facts that people just know as being how things are. You dont preface them with "in my opinion", or "I think"....people naturally take some level of offense to being lumped into "crazy groupthink" when they clearly disagree and dont see it your way...your wording and approach with what is likely perceived as condescending statements (whether that's your intent or not) doesn't necessarily lend itself to "reasonable conversation".

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We'll I think at the end of the day the bottom line is if you think about it fundamentally speaking it's all swings and roundabouts isn't it lol

*Sorry. I couldn't help that :D

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i called your speak brit, not you. but you are.
neener.gif

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
<--------

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
[...]You dont preface them with "in my opinion", or "I think"....people naturally take some level of offense to being lumped into "crazy groupthink" when they clearly disagree[...]

Will I get banned for hurting people's feelings you think? :)

Look, the crazy groupthink exists. That's a fact. I can't count the number of times I've read a question on ECF saying "I'm looking for a box mod that does VW and goes up to 30W" and 10 apologists replying "Just get a Provari." I'm not saying all Provari owners are part of the cult - most of them are reasonable people no doubt, who know they just own a mod like any other mod - but a sizeable portion on ECF is, that use any opportunity to plug Provaris.

Now then, to be fair, I haven't read much of that on VU, which is refreshing.

As for prepending what I write with "I think that...", I don't need to: *obviously* if *I* write it, it's because it's *my* opinion. If you feel offended, well excuse the hell out of me, but you're much too easily offended.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I don't like ECF no more. Nothing to do with the color, everything to do with the nazi moderators running it.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will I get banned for hurting people's feelings you think? :)

Look, the crazy groupthink exists. That's a fact. I can't count the number of times I've read a question on ECF saying "I'm looking for a box mod that does VW and goes up to 30W" and 10 apologists replying "Just get a Provari." I'm not saying all Provari owners are part of the cult - most of them are reasonable people no doubt, who know they just own a mod like any other mod - but a sizeable portion on ECF is, that use any opportunity to plug Provaris.

Now then, to be fair, I haven't read much of that on VU, which is refreshing.

As for prepending what I write with "I think that...", I don't need to: *obviously* if *I* write it, it's because it's *my* opinion. If you feel offended, well excuse the hell out of me, but you're much too easily offended.

Nah...you wont likely get banned...not here....the worst thing that would possibly happen is that people might get turned off by the way you come across in your manner of posting and instead of engaging in reasonable conversation, they may simply choose to ignore you...being shunned can be far worse than being banned...

From my perspective in looking at the "groupthink " thing, I come away with a bit of a different take on it...seems to me that the folks recommending the Provari are actually a very small group and are heavily outweighed by large numbers of the nearly militant Provari haters that take every opportunity to express their utter contempt for the device and those that like them or recommend them for whatever reason...sound familiar?...that's just crazy in my book that they even care or comment and I just dont get it at all...

No "excuse me" is necessary...at no point was I offended in any way, nor did I convey that I might be...

Have an awesome day!

Last edited:

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Not to be picky or contentious, but I believe that Godwin's Law didn't come into play until YOU invoked it...
Just sayin'
:rolleyes:

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF as a forum, with majority of its members was a great place. In my opinion, its the moderators, along with the select number of sheep that follow them is one of the reasons you see more people now voluntarily "moving on."

As for Provari, I personally like the mod, its a great piece of hardware that still remains relevant, regardless of its current limitations. I think its also one of the few USA e-cig manufacturing companies that really runs their business and service well, unlike many others we often hear about.

However, its the ECF fanboy-ism that really became annoying. The Provarinati cliques with the cat or lion pic/references along with how that coupled with an Ibtanked cartomizer was beyond glorious, and everything else is just potato peels for the peasants is basically how I started to perceive it. LOL

o9fvh2.jpg

The Ocelot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF as a forum, with majority of its members was a great place. In my opinion, its the moderators, along with the select number of sheep that follow them is one of the reasons you see more people now voluntarily "moving on."

As for Provari, I personally like the mod, its a great piece of hardware that still remains relevant, regardless of its current limitations. I think its also one of the few USA e-cig manufacturing companies that really runs their business and service well, unlike many others we often hear about.

However, its the ECF fanboy-ism that really became annoying. The Provarinati cliques with the cat or lion pic/references along with how that coupled with an Ibtanked cartomizer was beyond glorious, and everything else is just potato peels for the peasants is basically how I started to perceive it. LOL

o9fvh2.jpg

It's not a clique puppy, it's a cult. You need to be accurate in your disparaging remarks.

w2uh.jpg

fsbn.jpg

vape_girl

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is there any actual content on this forum I can use to better my vaping experience? Or is it just ECF and ProVari bashing? Maybe we should all grow up and support each other?

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did someone call the WAHHHHMBULANCE yet??

Looks like some people that like to cry have shown up…

EDIT to include quote….

Is there any actual content on this forum I can use to better my vaping experience? Or is it just ECF and ProVari bashing? Maybe we should all grow up and support each other?

First post…. Full of WHAAAAAAA!!!

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Or.....you could go look in other threads on this forum for the vape enhancing content you seek and not worry so much about the activities of others...just sayin'

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ok gonna be catty here. vape girl should apply for a position as ECF moderator.

oh gosh did i just say that? sorry, vape girl.....joke ;)

Last edited:

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok gonna be catty here. vapor girl should apply for a position as ECF moderator.

oh gosh did i just say that? sorry, vapor girl.....joke ;)
She might not be a girl dear. No info. No engagement. No posts. You do know that forums send people to make fake profiles, right?

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
She might not be a girl dear. No info. No engagement. No posts. You do know that forums send people to make fake profiles, right?

no....naive remember?

oh and vapid too. :p

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Perhaps provarinati is a cult on ECF, which I guess would make VU a place where people can come back to reality. ;)

vape_girl

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Whatever. If I was brand new and you douchebags were the first vapers I ever met, I would not have stuck around. Fortunately, I do know some good people in the community. With bans across the country and FDA regs, other forums should be the least of your worries. So call me names if that makes you feel better. I don't have a profile because it is just not worth my time to do so.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

There are lots of great reviews, giveaways, build tutorials, classifieds, new product info/reviews and links to where you can grab the best deals on the net here; what exactly is it you are looking for to better your vape experience?

vape_girl

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Between the 1000s of ads, all I get here is hatred. It's not even worth my time to look for something useful.

VU Sponsors