Become a Patron!

I don't know crap about what I gotten myself into

vatimins150

Member For 1 Year
That is not entirely accurate. For example I rarely vape over 50W. I like a single fused clapton and I get plenty of vapor production and great flavor. Now that is me. Other like a very hot vape with big dual coils at high wattage.

Patience my friend. it is a learning process just like anything. IF you're an auto mechanic you start with simple oil changes not putting new rings on pistons. You build up to that. Yes, it will be very frustrating. You are starting right by asking for advice for here.

Yeah you're right. I just have to find what's right for me.. thanks

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
You can run that exact build at 85 watts. Use WAY LESS COTTON!

And maybe also spread your coil wraps out just a tiny bit, so they don't touch, but main thing is less cotton, make it so little cotton that it leaks and then work your way from there
I've tried that before Meg but I get too much popping. Maybe I'll try a wee bit tighter.

vatimins150

Member For 1 Year
You can run that exact build at 85 watts. Use WAY LESS COTTON!

And maybe also spread your coil wraps out just a tiny bit, so they don't touch, but main thing is less cotton, make it so little cotton that it leaks and then work your way from there

Is this spacing good enough? I'm trying 2.5 diameter now on 6 wraps..

And now not gon go after the wattage anymore but with the feel and taste.

But need to sleep first. Almost 5am here at our place now. Will be doing the build later..

Attachments

• P_20180628_042840_1.jpg
    P_20180628_042840_1.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Looking good mate

vatimins150

Member For 1 Year
Was going through my stuff and saw this wire, I only used this once because it gave my cotton different colors..

Should I use this over the other one I have?

Off to bed xD.

Attachments

• P_20180628_044522_1.jpg
    P_20180628_044522_1.jpg
    558.2 KB · Views: 9

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Was going through my stuff and saw this wire, I only used this once because it gave my cotton different colors..

Off to bed xD.

You’ll be able to vape the other ones at a higher wattage than these

although you can use this single core Clapton in temp control because they are Stainless Steel

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Is this spacing good enough? I'm trying 2.5 diameter now on 6 wraps..

And now not gon go after the wattage anymore but with the feel and taste.

But need to sleep first. Almost 5am here at our place now. Will be doing the build later..

Definitely! Rad, man

Off to bed xD.

I think the 2x26/38 will be a better vape, but try whatcha like, everyones got an opinion

biowar

Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
one other thing from a beginner....I bought some cheep cotton bacon V2 off ebay that turned out to be fake-cloned-whatever that burns thru the middle in just a few puffs even at 30w on a .2 build or temp control..hey who would have guessed?? there are a few posts about it on the interwebs. I also started out at about 85w+ like the "big boys" do on youtube, I am now like the others stated and down to the 35-45w range on quad core fused clapton ni80 or ssl

vatimins150

Member For 1 Year
Ok guys, after many trials and errors, i finally settled on 7 wraps of the wire I often use with a 2.5 diameter running on 60w. Gon try if it can take 70-75. But yeah, Im pretty happy with the cloud and the flavor of 60w. Thanks a lot for the help guys. I really appreciate it..

Th3_uN1Qu3

Member For 1 Year
If you have stainless steel wire you should try your hand with that. SS can be used with temperature control which means it'll burn the wick a lot less often. :)

Still, that's a nice build you got there now, happy to see that you are getting better results. It takes a bit of patience, a bit of electronics knowledge and a lot of trial and error to get great coils. If you have the patience, you can pick the other two up in a month or so.

VU Sponsors