Become a Patron!

I don't Understand "All Day Vape"

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I probably started weaning myself off of varying flavors when I decided to buy a bunch of Dekang liquids on clearance, some tasted like bad seafood LOL

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Funny - just noticed this thread began over a year ago - and I'm having my morning coffee in bed and am down to six vapes on the nightstand next to me; last year had nine, lol

To show progress, only four juices in six vapes- so two are repeats

However, my favorite from 2016 is still my favorite in 2017, a DIY clone of Pop Deeze

Also have been only taking 2-3 rigs to work, instead of four minimum - so some progress, lol

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mean, I know what it is, but I don't get it. I need variety. I have lots of different juices and I rarely vape the same stuff two days in a row. I have several different devices with different juices in all of them.

I'm not knocking anybody but I think I would get bored in a hurry with vaping the same thing all day over and over.

Am I alone in this?:wait:
Get bored? Naah I mean I smoked basically the same cigarettes for 40 years.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Get bored? Naah I mean I smoked basically the same cigarettes for 40 years.

I smoked some strength of VA Slims for over 30 yrs.... with my vape, I'm looking for *familiar comfort*, not entertainment.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@vapemesilly I switch flavors sometimes 5-6 times a day and some days 5-6 an hour. But then there are days I get bored with flavors and all I vape is Tobacco blends but I change the Tobacco Flavor just as many times. Just because I smoked nothing but Marlboro Reds for almost 40 years has nothing at all to do with vaping. I gave up the Killer Sticks over 3 years ago and what I did back then smells like warmed shit to me now when someone is doing it. Whatever you are doing if it is working for you then GODS SPEED keep it the fuck up!

Mjfranci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I had money to buy already made liquids, I would probably swap flavors more,

Something tells me you're not missing out on a lot by not buying pre-made juices. Many are just hype and nothing else, and the ones that are "generally loved" may not please you at all... I am doing a "pour down the drain" routine tonight---all juices I didn't like. 3 by Beard, 1 by Kilo... and the list goes on. So rock on with DIY :) :)
:yes:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Funny - just noticed this thread began over a year ago - and I'm having my morning coffee in bed and am down to six vapes on the nightstand next to me; last year had nine, lol

To show progress, only four juices in six vapes- so two are repeats

However, my favorite from 2016 is still my favorite in 2017, a DIY clone of Pop Deeze

Also have been only taking 2-3 rigs to work, instead of four minimum - so some progress, lol

Recipe for Pop Deeze?

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mean, I know what it is, but I don't get it. I need variety. I have lots of different juices and I rarely vape the same stuff two days in a row. I have several different devices with different juices in all of them.

I'm not knocking anybody but I think I would get bored in a hurry with vaping the same thing all day over and over.

I know the feeling, 20 mods with different flavors...... :(

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would have multiple setups and flavors going for a while but now I'm down to just a couple mods attys. I can be on the same flavor for a week before I get bored of it.

Mjfranci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OP, you have not yet found a juice you just want to vape all the time? Like, you think about it just before you eat, longing to vape it right after the meal. You want less love, you want more of that juice. You'd sell your relatives for 5 mins of peace while you vape that one juice you're obssesed with. That's what having an ADV feels like.
You really never had that experience?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
OP, you have not yet found a juice you just want to vape all the time? Like, you think about it just before you eat, longing to vape it right after the meal. You want less love, you want more of that juice. You'd sell your relatives for 5 mins of peace while you vape that one juice you're obssesed with. That's what having an ADV feels like.
You really never had that experience?

Sounds like lust, lol

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got bored of the flavored e-Liquids here and been vaping Tobacco Blends for days here.......... I guess that could be an ADV for me. Although still 6-8 different blends.

R.Savage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

All day vape to me is this. There is an e juice I will take to work. It is affordable and tastes great. To me. This is my all day vape. When I get home. I'll vape a different favorite. After dinner I'll vape something else. Right now I'm vaping my favorite for the weekend. I may just switch.

So for me the meaning of an all day vape?? Something you can take to work and never get tired of it.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If I can't vape it for 16 hours in a row without switching to something else out of manifest boredom, then I just don't vape it. I switch, but still nevertheless I don't vape anything that I can't also use for an ADV (or almost), at least not unless I can simply mix it with something that will turn it into an ADV so, for me, switching is often just a way to keep my taste buds from getting weaker, or less responsive to the juice I'm vaping. I have a reasonably broad spectrum when it comes to flavor types I like, and I know some juices if they're completely new to me they can take up to several many hours of my getting used to them before they start to wow me, but those are pretty rare. Only very rarely I come across a juice that initially tastes 'OK' and that, over the course of days, eventually becomes an ADV so the vast majority of juices I keep coming back to are ones that I loved immediately from the start, and they are also the ones that I don't easily get bored of. In fact I avoid getting bored of them, simply by not coming back to them so frequently that I end up vaping almost nothing else for like pretty much an entire week or something like that, even when it might be tempting.

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's pretty funny that most vapers seem to need a number of flavors to be happy yet smoked the same brand of cigarettes for years, often loyal to a fault.

I can't think of anyone that ever told me their Newport or Marlboro was tasty. It was just what they became accustomed to.

516_vaper_li

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't really get the need to vape umpteen flavors a day -- I smoked the same brand of cigarettes for 30+ yrs; anytime I had to smoke a different kind, they didn't taste right to me, and it was a huge relief to get back to my VA Slims. Now, my strawberry & cream DIY tastes "right" to me; I can occasionally enjoy a different flavor... for like 3-5 hits. Then I want my strawberry & cream ADV (for nearly 2 yrs) back again.

Andria
VA Slims. When I was 12 I used to steal my grandma's va slims. hahah

_TmanTitan_

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LOL!! I was literally just having a discussion with one of my buddies about this! I feel the SAME WAY! Honestly I'm kind of jealous for the people who are able to find that one and done flavor because they get to just buy in mass of that one flavor. As for me, I need to have at least four different flavors because I get bored with one specific flavor after a day or so. I go to my juice supplier and spend a good portion of my Sunday afternoons looking through the different varieties and flavors just to find my next couple of bottles. Luckily my guys aren't as expensive as most shops so I'm not sweating when I get to the checkout lol. But If I was buying at a local shop or something I would be paying waaaay to much just to keep my variety. Those people who can stick to one are truly lucky haha but I can never be one of them..

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The flavor hunt has changed over time.

Vapers used to try dozens of tobacco flavors trying to find the one that tastes just like their Parliaments.

Creamsicle and Cracker Jack flavors were just a fantasy.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
LOL!! I was literally just having a discussion with one of my buddies about this! I feel the SAME WAY! Honestly I'm kind of jealous for the people who are able to find that one and done flavor because they get to just buy in mass of that one flavor. As for me, I need to have at least four different flavors because I get bored with one specific flavor after a day or so. I go to my juice supplier and spend a good portion of my Sunday afternoons looking through the different varieties and flavors just to find my next couple of bottles. Luckily my guys aren't as expensive as most shops so I'm not sweating when I get to the checkout lol. But If I was buying at a local shop or something I would be paying waaaay to much just to keep my variety. Those people who can stick to one are truly lucky haha but I can never be one of them..

I haven't bought ejuice in nearly 3 yrs -- I've vaped the same thing since Dec 2014, but I make it myself, so I can adjust as needed -- I've always needed a LOT of flavoring to taste it at all, but that has gradually come to be less of a problem with increasing time away from smoking.

The only things I've ever bought in shops are driptips -- I can still afford those even with retail markup -- from .99 online to $4.25 in a shop; at least it's less than $5.

Andria

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I have one DIY Juice running in three Tanks. Origen Gene, Avocado22 and Serpent Alto All using the same build.... 3 completely different and individual vape and flavor experiences.

_TmanTitan_

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The flavor hunt has changed over time.

Vapers used to try dozens of tobacco flavors trying to find the one that tastes just like their Parliaments.

Creamsicle and Cracker Jack flavors were just a fantasy.
Ohh definitely! Now we're at a point where there is not only countless different flavors but also countless variations of the same flavor throughout countless different companies. The search for that perfect flavor is endless!

_TmanTitan_

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't bought ejuice in nearly 3 yrs -- I've vaped the same thing since Dec 2014, but I make it myself, so I can adjust as needed -- I've always needed a LOT of flavoring to taste it at all, but that has gradually come to be less of a problem with increasing time away from smoking.

The only things I've ever bought in shops are driptips -- I can still afford those even with retail markup -- from .99 online to $4.25 in a shop; at least it's less than $5.

Andria
Ouch thats a pretty huge mark up! I feel the "at least its under $5" but if I had the option between .99 and 4.25 for the same product id go with the .99 every time

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Different flavors in all rtas and rdas and change those out regularly. Some days I'll vape one more than the others, but usually switch every few hits.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ouch thats a pretty huge mark up! I feel the "at least its under $5" but if I had the option between .99 and 4.25 for the same product id go with the .99 every time

I usually do! But it's a great vape shop, who were very patient and supportive of me when I first started and needed to find both a juice I liked, and in the correct strength, since the dilberts in the other local shop had insisted I needed 18mg, which just made me sick as a goat. And to demonstrate just how great a vape shop they are... sometimes when I've gone in there specially to buy one of those $4.25 acrylic Mings (my favorites!), they just gave it to me, gratis. They're awesome!

For anyone in GA's Lawrenceville/Gwinnett county who want to know this paragon of vape shops, it's the Vaping Shack, on Sugarloaf Pkwy, between 316 and Old Norcross Rd, in the Publix shopping center by Cruse Rd. And I think they have another location in Snellville, somewhere on Scenic Hwy, but I don't know exactly where.

Andria

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I switch back and forth between a Berry Bananza and a Mother's Unicorn Milk. I love the smell of the MUM and the taste of the BB. They're both DIY.

_TmanTitan_

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I usually do! But it's a great vape shop, who were very patient and supportive of me when I first started and needed to find both a juice I liked, and in the correct strength, since the dilberts in the other local shop had insisted I needed 18mg, which just made me sick as a goat. And to demonstrate just how great a vape shop they are... sometimes when I've gone in there specially to buy one of those $4.25 acrylic Mings (my favorites!), they just gave it to me, gratis. They're awesome!

For anyone in GA's Lawrenceville/Gwinnett county who want to know this paragon of vape shops, it's the Vaping Shack, on Sugarloaf Pkwy, between 316 and Old Norcross Rd, in the Publix shopping center by Cruse Rd. And I think they have another location in Snellville, somewhere on Scenic Hwy, but I don't know exactly where.

Andria

If its a shop you love, support it 100%! I understand that totally. Some local shops are only in it for the money and mark ups but if you find a gem that is really supportive of you and your quest to quit, then I say help them out as much as you can!

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I normally have around 10 - 15 flavors mixed up at any given time. I will rotate them on various RDAs or squonk mods until I get tired of them. Then they go into tanks that I take to work or when I dont want to deal with my RDAs. The flavors I like get remade before I run ever out, the once I dont like as much get finished off in a tank.

But before I started doing DIY it was not uncommon for me to get a few flavors and stick with them for days at a time ie ADV. Another thing I noticed was that after vaping the something for a while the flavors would not be as strong. I could put them down and taste them a few days later and they were better than when I first put them down. And during my early vaping stages not having different flavors made it to easy for me to just smoke as I did not have something to look forward to.

Now I have more flavoring that i will ever to be able to test in anything considering a timely manner - but it keeps me from smoking and I LOVED tobacco, cigs, pipe, dip, snuff (real English snuff), hookah, cigars etc it was not until vaping and finding flavors I liked that I was able to put them all down.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I normally have around 10 - 15 flavors mixed up at any given time. I will rotate them on various RDAs or squonk mods until I get tired of them. Then they go into tanks that I take to work or when I dont want to deal with my RDAs. The flavors I like get remade before I run ever out, the once I dont like as much get finished off in a tank.

But before I started doing DIY it was not uncommon for me to get a few flavors and stick with them for days at a time ie ADV. Another thing I noticed was that after vaping the something for a while the flavors would not be as strong. I could put them down and taste them a few days later and they were better than when I first put them down. And during my early vaping stages not having different flavors made it to easy for me to just smoke as I did not have something to look forward to.

Now I have more flavoring that i will ever to be able to test in anything considering a timely manner - but it keeps me from smoking and I LOVED tobacco, cigs, pipe, dip, snuff (real English snuff), hookah, cigars etc it was not until vaping and finding flavors I liked that I was able to put them all down.
I used to love snuff. Used everyday at school. Probably make my head explode nowadays. Always had to use flavored tho, straight up snuff taste was not to my liking, but love the effects.

I quit smoking with vape. It's a lot better now for me. When I need to go to meetings and can't vape, I use the gum, it seems to work for me and get me through the day until I can vape again. I think different things work for different people. I've got a company physical coming up in February and they are paying attention to the nicotine levels from vaping and don't condone it. Any suggestions how to get the levels really low?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I quit smoking with vape. It's a lot better now for me. When I need to go to meetings and can't vape, I use the gum, it seems to work for me and get me through the day until I can vape again. I think different things work for different people. I've got a company physical coming up in February and they are paying attention to the nicotine levels from vaping and don't condone it. Any suggestions how to get the levels really low?

What level are you using now? You've left it a bit late, but it's very easy really, if you just lower the level in small enough increments that your body doesn't really notice -- unlike all the idiot ANTZ's belief, the nicotine is really not all that addictive, just somewhat dependence-producing like caffeine -- which causes a headache if you eliminate it all at once, but you won't even notice if you just lessen it slowly.

Andria

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
My juices are all diy. I have a couple of devices and tanks with different flavors in them most of the time. I do have one that I vape more than any of the others and that is a strawberry watermelon mix. I like to try new recipes all the time so I always have a 15ml bottle of something new to vape on. If I like it well enough it goes into the make it more often book. The others go into the I’ll make this again someday book. I also have a never make this crap again book. After 4 years of making your own it’s a little hard to remember the few thousand mixes you’ve made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My ADAAOTNV (All Day And All Of The Night Vape) is Barista Brew Co. Cinnamon Glazed Blueberry Scone.

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
My ADAAOTNV (All Day And All Of The Night Vape) is Barista Brew Co. Cinnamon Glazed Blueberry Scone.

That one sounds pretty tasty. Where do you get it at? I might have to get a bottle and see if I can recreate it.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I don't have a particular adv but a daily adv category, or well that's how I started, lately I find myself going through 5-12 different flavors a day. My new rta makes all of them taste so much better that its hard to stick with one, and then I got into diy making it worse. Not only are there so many variations, but vendor sold juices become extremely over flavored for me, and never sell the kinds I want, most just sell the boring basics, that's why I love diy.

Now I run 3-4 different setups at home..... Its getting out of hand but soooo addictive lmao doubt I ever would stick with 1 flavor all day/week or month.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Damn. USA to Belgium is a long way to go for a bottle of juice.

The vast majority of juices I vape are made in the U.S. or Canada. Twelve Monkeys and Illusions are from Canada... practically everything else that I keep coming back to is from the U.S. (and in fact the same holds true for my mods and my RDAs as well).

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The vast majority of juices I vape are made in the U.S. or Canada. Twelve Monkeys and Illusions are from Canada... practically everything else that I keep coming back to is from the U.S. (and in fact the same holds true for my mods and my RDAs as well).

Unfortunately most of the local shops around where I live just buy bulk from someone else, put it in smaller bottles and slap their own labels on them. One of them I know doesn’t even change the names of the juice flavors! Those that do actually make their own put so little flavor in them they are practically tasteless. That’s the major reason I started making my own. Once I did and saw what a huge mark up they are making on a bottle of juice it has become a rare thing for me to buy a pre made juice. Even then I buy one that either sounds like it would be a good combination of flavors or one that someone has let me try and I really like it. I usually buy a bottle just to have as a comparison while I try to figure out how to recreate it. It costs me 73 cents to make a 30ml bottle versus 18 to 25 dollars for a good quality pre made.

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
It costs me 73 cents to make a 30ml bottle versus 18 to 25 dollars for a good quality pre made
I'm with you on that. I'm away to Mexico for three months. I could either buy their crap juice at $35 for 60ml or bring my own DIY along. I brought 630ml along. It cost me under 30 bucks to make. It would have cost, minimum, 400 to buy anything even half decent, premade.

Last edited:

GreyArea

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Love the variation among vapers - makes it all so interesting, whether the discussion is about the hardware or the software.

I'm probably on the ADD side of the fence both in terms of flavor and gear. At my right hand right now are a SX-Mini/Supertank filled with Robot Vapes' "Tabarsnack" (raspberry Whippet with peanut butter), a Cylon/Nudge with Kind's Sub-Element "Lucidity," and a T20-s pen with Beard #32. Probably not that unusual around here, really.

What might be stranger is that it mirrors the way I smoked. I smoked cigarettes, cigars and pipe - predominantly cigarettes, but I'd have a pipe or a cigar on a fairly regular basis. I also smoked multiple brands of cigarettes. At work, it was Camels, because the brands I really preferred just took too long to smoke. If I wasn't at work, the brand varied a lot - American Spirits, Nat Shermans, Gauloises, Gitanes, Dunhills, Davidoffs, Sobranies, Ziganovs, depending on what was available wherever I was buying at the time.

Probably the main issue I have with premade liquids is that it's very, very rare for me to try something and not think, "Not bad...now if it had a little more of Flavor X, or a touch of Flavor Y on top of the rest, then I'd really like it." So, DIY juice is on the horizon - though that's going to have its own set of "Well, who makes a better peanut butter/peach/coffee?" problems. At least the components there are pretty inexpensive - trial and error will be a lot cheaper with DIY than it is with buying pre-made liquid!

LestatBP

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I have three units rotating through the day - one is always a strong menthol, and the one I hit the most often and the one I take with me when I leave the house. One is for light flavors - custard, vanilla, lemons, things like that. The third is generally more aggressive or super sweet flavors like coffee, clove, watermelon, mango.

I'm getting my DIY set up in a week or two, and expect all hell to break loose. :confetti:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have three units rotating through the day - one is always a strong menthol, and the one I hit the most often and the one I take with me when I leave the house. One is for light flavors - custard, vanilla, lemons, things like that. The third is generally more aggressive or super sweet flavors like coffee, clove, watermelon, mango.

I'm getting my DIY set up in a week or two, and expect all hell to break loose. :confetti:
I also have 3 units I empty every day....
bfcf33a842b5976e7b02f30217545457.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I used to adv a .08 parallel and loved killer kustard. I still love it. But I've also realized that I like flavor chasing setups with good airflow. AF is essential to me. Some restriction and turbulence is nice. I honestly feel the turbulence of the tsunami24 is absolutely perfect.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors