Become a Patron!

I have a confession..

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I still smoke cigarette's and I hate it..I love vaping and want to quit smoking yet have been able unable to do so. Sometimes I'm down to 2-3 smokes a day! Sometimes it's like 6-8 and sometimes I wonder what's the point. I'm definitely struggling..I'm sure I cant be the first with this problem. How many of you are still struggling to completely stop smoking? and those that have kicked the habit..any tips?!?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You just got to surround yourself with non smokers
Get the correct nicotine level
Get the correct Jooze pg/vg
Got to have the right equipment and settings...
And ask when have questions
You already did first step bro by joining VU...
Got to step 2! Good luck

I BAM

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I still smoke cigarette's and I hate it..I love vaping and want to quit smoking yet have been able unable to do so. Sometimes I'm down to 2-3 smokes a day! Sometimes it's like 6-8 and sometimes I wonder what's the point. I'm definitely struggling..I'm sure I cant be the first with this problem. How many of you are still struggling to completely stop smoking? and those that have kicked the habit..any tips?!?
Thank you for being honest my son, now go say 25 Our fathers, and 25 Hail Mary's confessional-1280x720.jpg
But all kidding aside you will eventually get there, some take longer then others. It is a very hard habit to kick, but we are here to support you no matter what.

ieatOhms

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
We have all struggled at one point I’m sure. In all honesty, the only way I was able to kick the habit once and for all was to force myself to vape every time I had a craving. It’s a complete mental fuck, because you are getting nicotine yet still crave the cigarettes. It took me a while to basically retrain myself. Once I got past that it was smooth sailing. Just vape your face off and when you have the urge to smoke...continue to vape your face off! I did it with a 6mg nic and a mech mod. It was the only way I was satisfied.

You’ll get there! Don’t loose sight at the end goal and you will succeed.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
There's no right or wrong way to do this. I've read countless stories like yours. Me, I used to really envy those that got their first set up, took their first drag and were able to immediately say goodbye to cigarettes. It took me about a month to fully put them down. We're here for ya, whether you're looking to quit, or not, and we're definitely here for you when you struggle with quitting.

You have to look at it this way, but you're ONLY smoking 2-3 a day, max 8?? If you smoked like I did, that's a really big accomplishment on a daily basis. I was smoking between 20 and 30 a day, some days more, depending on stress. When I realized I seriously wanted to stop smoking, altogether, I made it really inconvenient to do so, which made me like the taste of vaping more. I left smokes in my car, kept my vape on me, even when I was at home. One day, driving to work, with a cigarette in my hand (which was the very last place I let myself smoke), I could feel the face I was making after taking a draw and got rid of it, and with most of a it remaining. Just could not finish it.

It will get easier for you, if you don't give up. Increase your nic, if necessary, get a MTL set up, if that helps you feel like you're smoking, more than a "clouds bro" set up might. That's for you to choose, and it's different for everyone, really. Everyone's vaping style is different, and we all quit with a different story. Actually, I'm sure there are some that still smoke on occasion, but they smoke less and are ok with that, too.

Don't beat yourself up. Congratulate yourself for what you aren't smoking.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

It took me 2.5 years to finally stop 100%, but it has been over 1.5 years now

Same thing as you - till finally got to where I could go up to a couple weeks, then would backslide when stress hit

I had to add WTA to my juice for almost a year, then wean myself off of that

A lot of us aren't really addicted to nicotine in tobacco, but the alkaloids

Also, recognizing triggers that make you really want to smoke helps you prepare for those times. Certain stresses at work made me want to smoke, as did talking to my mother, for instance

I also found my brain panicked at the thought of never smoking again, so I started saying (out loud and to myself) that I was going to stop smoking, instead of quitting smoking

That really helped

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jesus Christ....Sometimes I think some vapers are as bad as the ANTZ fucks....sometimes the people who've reformed are the most intolerant people....It sucks that people have to feel somehow ashamed or that they have failed the "community because they are dual users...Vaping is no magic pill to kill the smoking addiction...nothing is, and everybody is different.It's bullshit that we are more interested in the newest mod,than we are in helping people kick smoking,,,over at ECF there used to be a huge thread discussing the issues vapers were having trying to kick smoking or dual users...there were people on that thread who'd been vaping for years. I think you are doing a fantastic job, and keep it up.....explore other strategies for kicking the habit....and keep your mod handy....

ceecee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The advice I've given a friend of mine (who is just like you) is to do what I did....

I set a date and I forced myself to quit smoking and to vape only. I also made a promise to myself that I would never buy another pack of smokes.

The first 2 weeks were the toughest but when you get past that... you'll be golden!

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
.....explore other strategies for kicking the habit....

But remember...

77a85a3db878780393f0bd07678f11e2.jpg

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I realized something about myself...I smoked with stress...my smoking was me internalizing or pulling stress into my body in order to control it....instead of picking up a cig during a moment of stress and internalizing it I started breathing deep and blowing the stress out of my body.
But remember...

77a85a3db878780393f0bd07678f11e2.jpg

they aren't the only ones.......

Cormic

Member For 3 Years
First off, for me it was super f'in hard at first. Don't think for a second not dropping cigarettes immediately is a failure. Giving up on trying to quit is the only failure (and then only if it was your goal). Now second is something I read on this forum somewhere that helped me. When you get an urge to have a smoke it will pass eventually no matter what you do. But if when that urge hits you grab your vape and just sit there (or stand) and vape till it passes you will train your brain to associate the passing of the urge with vaping. Don't just take a couple draws and think it should be fine. You are fighting against a craving for multiple chemicals, a physiological and psychological change and all the muscle memory associated with those.

I hope this or some other tip helps you.

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Damn I really appreciate the support guys! I used to smoke about 40 rollies a day easily..sometimes +100 if I was doing other things..I tend to beat myself up. It's easy to zoom in on the negative rather than step back and view the progress.. I'll keep at it. The goal is to be tobacco free one day. The sooner the better but I'll try to not beat the sh*t out of myself in the meantime. Thanks again!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Me, I used to really envy those that got their first set up, took their first drag and were able to immediately say goodbye to cigarettes.

The "...and I never looked back" crowd - was always jealous of reading that too, lol

Damn I really appreciate the support guys! I used to smoke about 40 rollies a day easily..sometimes +100 if I was doing other things..I tend to beat myself up. It's easy to zoom in on the negative rather than step back and view the progress.. I'll keep at it. The goal is to be tobacco free one day. The sooner the better but I'll try to not beat the sh*t out of myself in the meantime. Thanks again!

Even with this wonderful technology called vaping, the struggle is real. Don't be afraid to talk about it, One of the things that also helped me was making a post similar to yours - knowing there were others out there still struggling, and some who had made it, understood where I was coming from and wanted me to succeed was very empowering :)

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was a dual user for 4yrs. First thing I did was quit smoking at home, vape only. Then, & only recently, I quit at work. It wasn't easy. But even when I had a backside, I didn't use it as a reason to stop. Very rarely is a touchdown scored in one down. Pick the ball back up & keep running. Everyone is different. Find what works for you & to for it. If you find it isn't working, change tactics. Just don't stop trying. & never ever feel ashamed! It is self defeating & we've all been there (except the ones who haven't, of course).

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Tell us what you are using. Maybe we can help you get a better vape experience so the desire to have a cig lessens.
What's your mod, tank, juice and nic mg level?

What is it about smoking that you miss? For me I needed a warm exhale through my nose . just like if I was smoking. Switched my gear around and found what worked for me. That was over 3 years ago. And it took me about 3 months to not want a cigarette.

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tell us what you are using. Maybe we can help you get a better vape experience so the desire to have a cig lessens.
What's your mod, tank, juice and nic mg level?

What is it about smoking that you miss? For me I needed a warm exhale through my nose . just like if I was smoking. Switched my gear around and found what worked for me. That was over 3 years ago. And it took me about 3 months to not want a cigarette.

Loving my setup! Just starting to experiment with different coils outside of basic round wire. I've been using some claptons for less than 24hrs. I like them but the heat they put off is a bit much for my current RDA..I really think id enjoy them more with a different RDA. Anyways can't blame the gear at this point. One thing that has crossed my mind is this..maybe a MTL penstyle with some tobacco flavours for those times when I just want a smoke. I hate MTL and tobacco flavours I can't see that working. Honestly. I think it will be a combination of effort,readiness and a bit of the planets aligning. Pure wanting to hasn't worked thus far..and I have been trying.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was Dual using for years until I got up one morning and said I am never buying a pack of smokes again and stuck to it. The only thing that worked for me was quitting Cold Turkey and dealing with the withdrawals. But coming up on 3 years smoke free and next month so 2 weeks of hell was well worth it.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude, Rome wasn't destroyed in a day. It took those Germanic fucks a very long time before they finished the job.

Don't look at the dark side of things, look at the bright side. You've cut back tremendously on your smoking, embrace that and be proud of your accomplishment. Focus on the positive aspects. I recommend you look into NLP. I say this with very good intentions.

bright side.jpg

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I struggled when I first started and went back and fourth between the two. The big difference came when I found a combo of juice / setup that was satisfactory enough to take the place of cigs. That took a lot of time, money and experimenting but well worth the effort. Also, delving more into the hobbyist side of things made quitting easier as well. Most addicts are creatures of habit and ritual so having things to tinker with can make a big difference.

You'll get there. Good luck

BCBuch

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Loving my setup! Just starting to experiment with different coils outside of basic round wire. I've been using some claptons for less than 24hrs. I like them but the heat they put off is a bit much for my current RDA..I really think id enjoy them more with a different RDA. Anyways can't blame the gear at this point. One thing that has crossed my mind is this..maybe a MTL penstyle with some tobacco flavours for those times when I just want a smoke. I hate MTL and tobacco flavours I can't see that working. Honestly. I think it will be a combination of effort,readiness and a bit of the planets aligning. Pure wanting to hasn't worked thus far..and I have been trying.

Look man if it was easy to quit big tobacco would be out of business tomorrow. Don't blame yourself or your gear that you are having this struggle. If you want to blame someone then blame the government that sold you out for the tax dollar collected from your cigarette purchases. You will get all kinds of advice from people telling you what you need to do to quit. Honestly I personally don't know a single person that has smoked for any length of time that didn't have a struggle getting off tobacco. If I had a dollar for everyday I thought about quitting or was in the process of trying my house would be paid off along with most everything else I own. This time around I decided to vape. There have been days I chain vaped like there was no tomorrow. This time around I had to get deadly serious with myself to make it work. You can do this, but at the end of the day you will have to be the one to make it happen. What we can do is offer you our support and give you someone a keystroke away to chat with when you are struggling.

aeon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don’t judge yourself one way or the other for smoking. Judge the smoking, yes, but you as a person are no less for doing so.

You smoked a few because you wanted to. You’ve admitted that, you’ve owned that. To want that and to want to stop at the same time can create some real noise in your head and feelings in your heart. Be gentle with yourself.

Remember that yesterday is over and can’t be changed, but every new day is a gift and an opportunity to make choices and live your life the way you want to live it.

If you used to smoke 40, and sometimes 100, and now it is less than 10, I think that’s something to acknowledge, validate, and celebrate. That’s a success all on its own, and I hope you think well on your accomplishment. That you want to accomplish more speaks to your desire for well-being. That you still smoke any at all is no failure unless you give up on yourself and stop trying.

You’re doing the best you can given your knowledge and skills as defined by your situation. Who could judge that? Only you can know and walk your path.

There will be a day when your desire to be cig-free will be greater than your desire to smoke. Maybe today is not that day. But that day will come.

Well-Wishes,
Ian

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think you're going to have a hard time going from a rda to a cig-pen mtl set-up.
If you have more than 1 tank/rda, set it up for a bigger nic hit. If you are Vaping 3mg normally. Have some 6mg juice that you can hit to get away good nic buzz.

I had 1 sub-ohm tank that has 9mg in it. That was my wake up in the morning and also after meal vape. It gave me a good buzz. Once the nic craving was gone, I went back toy 6mg tanks.

You're doing good so far, so keep it up. there's no 1 single way to quit. So keep trying.
Try not to buy cigs. When you need 1, bum 1 off someone. Or have someone you know keep the pack of cigs for you. And when you want 1, you have to ask them. It's better than having a pack with you at all times.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I also found my brain panicked at the thought of never smoking again, so I started saying (out loud and to myself) that I was going to stop smoking, instead of quitting smoking

That panic is precisely why, THREE YEARS after my last cigarette, I STILL have an open pk of Slims in a ziplock in the back of my freezer. So it's ALWAYS *my own choice* to vape instead of smoke, not coercion of any sort, not even the coercive fact of having no cigarettes in the house when I don't have access to a vehicle -- they're there, if I really really need to smoke. But I've now managed THREE FUCKING YEARS without feeling that need, thanks ENTIRELY to vaping.

I needed WTA also, couldn't have stayed off cigarettes for even a month if I hadn't started adding WTA to my vape, and it took me 15 months to wean off it, but it was totally worth it.

Also, I never really told myself I was quitting anything; I was simply switching to vaping, like switching to a different brand. ;)

Don't stress over it -- that's a surefire way to keep smoking, because stress makes you want to smoke. Just tell yourself, I can smoke if I really want to, but right now, I'll just vape. That worked great for me, just procrastination. ;)

Andria

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
what is this WTA i keep seeing on the forum? Whats that stand for?
According to Google: "WTA contains minor tobacco alkaloids along with nicotine in the form of a traditional e-liquid. The process used to purify nicotine from tobacco for traditional E-juice is rather specific in that it isolates the nicotine with very few traces of other tobacco alkaloids."

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But keep this in mind, regarding WTA: if you haven't already been smoke-free for at least a week, it's not going to help you -- it will not provide any motivation or inspiration to make the quit -- you have to provide that yourself. What WTA *will* do, after you've already quit and you start having terrible cravings, or terrible mood swings, is completely relieve those cravings and/or mood swings. It will not MAKE you quit, anymore than vaping will MAKE you quit -- but as JuicyLucy pointed out, some of us really aren't very addicted to nicotine, but to the whole alkaloid cocktail, which includes the psychoactive MAOIs.

The need for those alkaloids isn't immediately apparent; the cravings and/or mood swings generally pop up anywhere from 7 to 21 days after actually making the quit. So if you haven't managed to go even a full week without smoking, it's more about your actual desire/determination to quit, than anything chemical.

Also keep in mind that if you establish regular use of WTA, it's nearly as addictive as cigarettes themselves, so if you don't truly NEED it, don't even go there. The only way to quit it without experiencing suffering very similar to cold-turkey smoking cessation is with slow, gradual, systematic weaning.

Andria

Nate. H

Member For 4 Years
I still have cravings occasionally and ive been cig free for about 2 years. I vape both direct lung and mouth to lung where usually im vaping direct and when i really feel like i need a stronger throat hit ill use a mtl setup. Maybe thats weird but it works for me. I would definitely recommend a MTL setup when starting out though. Then find the fight nic level. But i do remember i had to eventually force myself to stop smoking kind of but that was after a couple months of both vaping and smoking. Im glad i did it though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The "...and I never looked back" crowd - was always jealous of reading that too, lol

Even with this wonderful technology called vaping, the struggle is real. Don't be afraid to talk about it, One of the things that also helped me was making a post similar to yours - knowing there were others out there still struggling, and some who had made it, understood where I was coming from and wanted me to succeed was very empowering :)
Took me a week.
Still was not easy but as Chief Dan George said.
I endeavored to persevere.

I just did it for the Wife unit and to save money.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
WTA and NET used to sound appealing to me until I thought about the possible bad chemicals in them that I have avoided for 3 years by not smoking. So now I avoid them like Di-acetyl......... Just my own personal feelings and not based on any scientific facts.

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Quitting ain't easy. First vape I tried was a Cigalike and it didn't work at all and was literally in the trash the next day..

Next setup I tried was a CE4, definitely better than the cigalike because I could actually feel the nicotine but it wasn't great...

Next setup.. Kanger Genitank on a iPow 2, definitely much better but still wasn't enough for me to be confident enough to stay off the cigs even though it was a few weeks off I wasn't happy with it..

Next setup.. Subtank mini(pre-ordered it)+ a 40w mod, I finally found something that I really liked, sub-ohm worked perfect to me, it was the first time I felt comfortable, it was the first time I knew I was off the smokes for good.. Mind you I was using 0.5ohm coils and 12mg lols but for someone who smoked 60 smokes a day it was perfect...

You posting this here, really shows you want to give it a real shot, try different coils, try different nic levels until you find one that you can enjoy enough not to light a cig..

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Matty probably around 4 years ago, I went through what you're going through now, trying blu's, pens, Vuse and every cigarette style vape out there, then CE4s, on and on with different cigalikes, nautilus mini tanks, and with different tobacco flavors that didn't seem like a cigarette tobacco at all. Finally I found naturally extracted tobacco juices and i've never looked back, never had the urge to smoke again, smoke free 3 years. Do my own diy juices these days, a nice peppermint ice, nic salts with NET's, etc.

You can quit. for good. I was seriously addicted to cigarettes, and I quit with vaping 3 years ago. How do you smoke? Do you inhale to your mouth first, then to your lungs, MTL style? Then that's the way I recommend you start out if you do. Here's a cheap atty that will do a fine job for MTL, from a tight draw to a more airy MTL draw. I actually prefer the Ego One Mega tank with CLR rebuildable coils, though you don't have to rebuild them, the coils are no more expensive than throw aways.
Ego One Mega V2 for 10.95:
https://www.vapeshop.com/joyetech-ego-one-mega-v2-tank/
CLR coils (I don't recommend any of the other CL coils, the CLR coils have superior flavor):
Get the 1.0 ohm (VW) for MTL., 9.95 (ou can buy them later at Fasttech for a little over $7 a five pack with a couple week ship time)
https://www.vapeshop.com/joyetech-clr-coils-5-pack/

I vape at 10 to 11 Watts with the above setup.

Now the juice. Naturally extracted tobacco from one of these guys. You can get a sample pack. I recommend 70pg/30vg and 18 to 24 mg (get one of each at least) unless you are a very light smoker, then 12mg may do. Remember, with low power MTL vaping at high nic, you won't be vaping much ejuice, I vape a little over 2ml a day. This is the closest thing to smoking, great tobacco flavor, without the tar and smoke. The real deal. I never wanted another cigarette after finding this, much tastier than a cigarette, its the taste of tobacco, not tobacco smoke.
https://www.naturally-extracted-tobacco.com/
Analog Blend is a great starter for example, as are many of the other cigarette tobaccos.
The proprietor of NET is Clay, a great guy.

https://real-tobacco-extract.com/
The proprietor of RTE is Evan, another great guy. Use code VU20 for 20% off.

Once you find something that helps you quit, you should consider diy. I buy nic salts nicotine these days, and buy tobacco extracts (not tobacco juices) from the above fellows, and make my own mix. Nic Salts makes high nic juices so smooth, its the best vaping I've done. :) DIY I make a killer peppermint ice, I don't always vape NET. I rebuild my own SS coils, sometimes in the CLRs, sometimes in Kayfun clones (V2+, V3, V5). Vape in Temp Control sometimes.

For the record, I hated WTA flavoring, nasty stuff to me. Natural tobacco extracts are a whole 'nother world of good though. I never met someone who vaped them say "I'm struggling with quitting cigarettes". :)

Good luck!

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
WTA and NET used to sound appealing to me until I thought about the possible bad chemicals in them that I have avoided for 3 years by not smoking. So now I avoid them like Di-acetyl......... Just my own personal feelings and not based on any scientific facts.

LOTS less "bad chemicals" than smoking! And avoiding smoking is the ONLY reason for using WTA!

Andria

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I've seen some test results on tobacco extract juices, I will try to find them and post. Nothing close to the bad stuff in cigarettes. No reason for someone who can't stop smoking to not want to vape NETs instead. Significant harm reduction. And let's see some long term studies on vaping who knows what on store bought juices with saccharin, sucralose, stevia, artificial flavorings, and who knows what else :D
The most interesting studies I've read on bad substances in vaping are the aldehydes that start increasing significantly at temperatures above a mere 370 deg F, coming from that oh so natural favorite ingredient vegetable glycerine aka VG :eek:
I stopped coughing up stuff every morning when I stopped smoking and started vaping instead and my lungs have improved significantly, so don't scare people into keeping on smoking for no good evidence that vaping NETs or anything else is worse. I'm here to tell you my body says it's far less detrimental to vape than smoke and I have the lung test results to prove it. :)

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've seen some test results on tobacco extract juices, I will try to find them and post. Nothing close to the bad stuff in cigarettes. No reason for someone who can't stop smoking to not want to vape NETs instead. Significant harm reduction. And let's see some long term studies on vaping who knows what on store bought juices with saccharin, sucralose, stevia, artificial flavorings, and who knows what else :D
The most interesting studies I've read on bad substances in vaping are the aldehydes that start increasing significantly at temperatures above a mere 370 deg F, coming from that oh so natural favorite ingredient vegetable glycerine aka VG :eek:
I stopped coughing up stuff every morning when I stopped smoking and started vaping instead and my lungs have improved significantly, so don't scare people into keeping on smoking for no good evidence that vaping NETs or anything else is worse. I'm here to tell you my body says it's far less detrimental to vape than smoke and I have the lung test results to prove it. :)

Yep... and there's really no comparison between NETs and WTA. NETs are vaped for *flavor*... WTA is vaped to get the other alkaloids including MAOIs -- no comparison.

BOTH are significantly safer than continuing to smoke. Hellfire, vaping my 31% strawberry & cream with 2.5% sweetener AND WTA is significantly safer than smoking cigarettes!

'Bout damn tired of all these nervous nellies and their "oooh sweetener is dangerous" crap... NONE of it is worse than smoking, nor even half as bad!!!!!!! Get that thru your damn thick nervous heads!

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
LOTS less "bad chemicals" than smoking! And avoiding smoking is the ONLY reason for using WTA!

Apparently you did not comprehend where I said the "possibility" of them containing nasty stuff. Been so long since I was a smoker using NET/WTA to me would be like taking a step backwards. \

Again this is just my OWN PERSONAL FEELINGS and NOT BASED ON ANY SCIENTIFIC FACTS which is good enough for me..................

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Apparently you did not comprehend where I said the "possibility" of them containing nasty stuff. Been so long since I was a smoker using NET/WTA to me would be like taking a step backwards. \

Again this is just my OWN PERSONAL FEELINGS and NOT BASED ON ANY SCIENTIFIC FACTS which is good enough for me..................

So, that underlined part would make your opinion totally irrelevant to someone who hasn't yet quit smoking, and is maybe teetering on the edge of trying to find a good reason to believe all the bullshit and not switch to vaping... yes? Or someone who's already switched but is finding vaping less satisfying that he or she was told it would be...?

NETs are vaped for FLAVOR.

WTA is vaped if you need something to get rid of terrible cravings and/or mood swings so you can keep vaping and not "sneak" a smoke.

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING AND SHOULD NOT BE CLUMPED TOGETHER AS IF THEY ARE.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My statements are just my opinion and are not meant to be a suggestion to anyone. I have no idea why you need to argue about it because I could give two shits less what you think or your opinion is. I also do not vape PG because I personally think it sucks.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Maybe not ingesting more of those nasty chemicals in tobacco would make it easier for someone to quit by getting them out of your body sooner?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Maybe not ingesting more of those nasty chemicals in tobacco would make it easier for someone to quit by getting them out of your body sooner?

I guess you might think that... if you have no idea how addiction works, and think "cold turkey" is the only RIGHT way to quit smoking. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I guess you might think that... if you have no idea how addiction works, and think "cold turkey" is the only RIGHT way to quit smoking. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

First off you have no idea what I know or do not know and I never said Cold Turkey was the way for everyone I said it was what worked for me. You think everyone can quit using WTA/NET el-Liquids but do not take into account the temptation? You think you know everything about every addiction huh? :headbang: No one knows anything except for you? I bet you tell an alcoholic they can drink Moosey Beer...............

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for being honest my son, now go say 25 Our fathers, and 25 Hail Mary's View attachment 87735
But all kidding aside you will eventually get there, some take longer then others. It is a very hard habit to kick, but we are here to support you no matter what.
And the Lord said unto Matty Vapes, "Come forth and receive eternal clouds". But Matty Vapes came fifth and won a battery charger. :)

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You and I are on the same path. I'm down to (usually) 2-5 cigarettes a day. I'm really proud of how far I've come. I was a 2-3 pack a day guy.

One thing that helped me was to think about what cigarettes, aside from the physical addiction, did for me. Comfort in times of stress? Check. A good excuse to take a break at work, or in a social setting, especially an awkward one? Check. And on and on. So then I decided that I'd use my vape in those same situations now that I recognize my needs. Sure it might be a crutch for underlying issues, but I'm not perfect, and right now just stopping smoking is what I'm focused on.

The thing that helps me the very most, however, is deciding that I can have a cigarette. I really can, no guilt or shame. It's fine... As long as I vape for a few minutes before lighting up. I genuinely know that I'm allowing myself a cigarette, so long as I vape first. This was different to me than vaping whenever I got a craving because I'm okay with the smoke, only more often than not I completely forget about smoking after a while. In this way it's more that vaping is ruining the fun, and sometimes that irks me, but it's working for me. Try it out. :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors