Become a Patron!

I need advice, please!ghh

I've been vaping for a little over a year now and have enjoyed it very much and without incident. Recently though, I have developed a rather tedious bout of insomnia, which has resulted in my vaping much more than usual. Since, I have begun to experience a very sore tongue, which is quite red and almost shiny. And, to make matters worse, my entire mouth is very dry, (I'm not producing hardly any saliva). To complete this unhappy picture, I have an absolutely vile taste in my mouth that cannot be removed by any measure. No one other thing in my routine has changed, diet..medicine...nothing, and I continue to Vape the same familiar varieties of ejuice at the same level of nicotene (3 mg.). Is it possible, since beginning to Vape almost nonstop, am I developing toxic levels of nicotene? I can't imagine such, since I used to go in binges when I would smoke where I would chain smoke; regular, mentholated tobacco....with no ill effects, other than a possible headache and cough occasionally. If ANYONE can help me figure this out, I would be very very grateful! My thanks in advance!

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I just think you need to keep better hydration with drinking more water or something with electrolytes in it.

For insomnia that you think may be from too much nicotine, try 0 nic in the evening hours.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
hydration is key when vaping. drink plenty fluids, water and/or gatoraide can work miracles. additionally, pickled ginger is a great pallet cleanser, it can be found by the Asian foods. like Smokie said lower your nic for the evening. You can also try melatonin for the insomnia.

when all else fails, consult a physician, If you were fine for a year and suddenly having issues, you may have something entirely unrelated happening.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Besides what has been said already, I do agree with @SMOKIE, regarding the insomnia. I vape a lot in the evening myself, and had problems falling asleep, due to the nicotine. It might be good enough, to stop vaping two hours before bed time. It does take the body two hours to get rid of the nicotine (at least that's what they told my father after his heart attack). If you are like me, and can't stop vaping for that long, it helped me to use Sleep Booster. I got it as a flavor and have a 0 mg/ml nicotine eJuice with it, when it's time for me to sleep. I just vape 2-3 RDAs with that liquid, and I fall asleep within 15-20 Minutes, and sleep like a Baby. The stuff can be bought as a premixed liquid as well.
http://www.vaporboost.com/sleep-booster-e-liquid-melatonin-relaxing/

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Besides what has been said already, I do agree with @SMOKIE, regarding the insomnia. I vape a lot in the evening myself, and had problems falling asleep, due to the nicotine. It might be good enough, to stop vaping two hours before bed time. It does take the body two hours to get rid of the nicotine (at least that's what they told my father after his heart attack). If you are like me, and can't stop vaping for that long, it helped me to use Sleep Booster. I got it as a flavor and have a 0 mg/ml nicotine eJuice with it, when it's time for me to sleep. I just vape 2-3 RDAs with that liquid, and I fall asleep within 15-20 Minutes, and sleep like a Baby. The stuff can be bought as a premixed liquid as well.
I may just have to invest in some of this, thanks! Also noticed they had this, wonder if it's any good.....
http://www.vaporboost.com/energy-booster-e-liquid-enhancer-caffeine-taurine

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
If you are concerned I would say see your doctor. You may just be a bit run down, but only a doctor could confirm this.

I've not known vaping to cause anything too extreme.
^^ THIS ^^ Go see your doctor, don't take medical advice from a forum. No matter how much people want to help, you should consult a qualified physician.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
^^ THIS ^^ Go see your doctor, don't take medical advice from a forum. No matter how much people want to help, you should consult a qualified physician.
As indicated at Wiki (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine), Nicotine is stimulant drug! Just like coffee, it can keep you awake. However, if any non addictive sleeping aid (over the counter) doesn't help within a short period of time, I do agree to consult a doctor.

suprtrkr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
+1, go see your doctor if this hangs on. And do stay hydrated, and maybe cut down on the nic after supper.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
In case, somebody is interested in the recipe I'm using. I did lower the percentage of the sleep booster, in order to be able to vape a few more RDAs.

FA Honey 0.5-0.75% (I like 0.75%)
Sleep Booster 1.25%
CAP Vanilla Custard V2 2.25%

I used a 10PG/90VG mix, without Nicotine.

George Harrier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
as someone that also suffers from insomnia. understand that your body isn't healing like it normally would if you were getting the proper amount of sleep. as stated, see a doctor if concerned. melatonin or another natural sleep assist perhaps ? (a lot of teas are good) I would bet that the lack of sleep is your primary factor with your current issue. - (perhaps complicate by vaping/dehydration) - Hope you feel better and get it all sorted.

bluedodger

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The PG in e-liquid can have a dehydrating effect. Dehydration will mess with everything including sleep! Obviously, if you are concerned you should see a doc. In the meantime, try and hydrate more. Try something that absorbs like coconut water. Ease up on the nicotine at night, too.

Pipug

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really can't add more than these other folks. Staying hydrated is utmost important. Lowering your nic at night may be helpful, too. Otherwise, take the suggestions of visiting your doctor for a check up...:)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The PG in e-liquid can have a dehydrating effect. Dehydration will mess with everything including sleep! Obviously, if you are concerned you should see a doc. In the meantime, try and hydrate more. Try something that absorbs like coconut water. Ease up on the nicotine at night, too.

VG is just as bad for dehydration, you just don't notice it as much in your mouth, because it's also an emollient. Hydration is important with ANY vaping.

Andria

Pipug

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VG is just as bad for dehydration, you just don't notice it as much in your mouth, because it's also an emollient. Hydration is important with ANY vaping.

Andria

Yea, until it hits your lungs like a ton of bricks...that is, if you can't tolerate it. Too much for my lungs, even at a fairly low percentage. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yea, until it hits your lungs like a ton of bricks...that is, if you can't tolerate it. Too much for my lungs, even at a fairly low percentage. :)

I was up to 87% PG at one point... then, I started suffering the problem that someone had mentioned re: too-high PG -- diarrhea. So I've had to scale back to 84% PG. I'm afraid to use any higher VG, because I'm already back to that snappy-wheezing noise late at night, from my lungs -- which evidently don't like VG *at all*. I really think the best I can do is try to work on vaping less and less and maybe eventually quitting, if I can do so without suffering cigarette cravings. Not anytime soon, maybe within a couple years.

Andria

Pipug

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was up to 87% PG at one point... then, I started suffering the problem that someone had mentioned re: too-high PG -- diarrhea. So I've had to scale back to 84% PG. I'm afraid to use any higher VG, because I'm already back to that snappy-wheezing noise late at night, from my lungs -- which evidently don't like VG *at all*. I really think the best I can do is try to work on vaping less and less and maybe eventually quitting, if I can do so without suffering cigarette cravings. Not anytime soon, maybe within a couple years.

Andria

I do well at 100% PG, except for the dry mouth. Drinking tons of water doesn't really take it away, either. But, I would rather that than the smothering feeling I get from VG, not to mention the phlegm..

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do well at 100% PG, except for the dry mouth. Drinking tons of water doesn't really take it away, either. But, I would rather that than the smothering feeling I get from VG, not to mention the phlegm..

I drink coconut water every single day... it hydrates wonderfully, and keeps my electrolytes balanced because it's so high in potassium.

I can tolerate vaping up to about 88% PG without any mucosal irritation, but it does seem to wreak some havoc in my guts. *sigh* It's just one damned thing after another.

1damnedthingafteranother.jpg

Andria

Pipug

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I drink coconut water every single day... it hydrates wonderfully, and keeps my electrolytes balanced because it's so high in potassium.

I can tolerate vaping up to about 88% PG without any mucosal irritation, but it does seem to wreak some havoc in my guts. *sigh* It's just one damned thing after another.

View attachment 49235

Andria

I keep saying I am going to try coconut water, but haven't gotten around to it. You may have pushed me over the edge. Where do you get it from?
And, yes, I think PG does cause me some stomach problems, too, but I just can't seem to tolerate any amount of VG.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I usually get it at Walmart, because they have the best price on the brand I use (Zico). I used the plain unflavored for a while and mixed in a little pineapple juice to improve the taste, but now I mostly just get the chocolate flavored, and mix in a smidge of chocolate milk just to make it a little sweeter. At Walmart, the Zico is $3.98/liter.

Andria

Pipug

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I usually get it at Walmart, because they have the best price on the brand I use (Zico). I used the plain unflavored for a while and mixed in a little pineapple juice to improve the taste, but now I mostly just get the chocolate flavored, and mix in a smidge of chocolate milk just to make it a little sweeter. At Walmart, the Zico is $3.98/liter.

Andria

Thanks, Andria. I'll have to try it. So, the taste is a bit funky, eh? Not a bad price, either.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, Andria. I'll have to try it. So, the taste is a bit funky, eh? Not a bad price, either.

The unflavored tastes kinda salty, the way that sports drinks do -- no doubt because of the high potassium content in the coconut water, though it's actually mostly sodium in sports drinks. But the taste is so light that just a small amount of pineapple juice completely overwhelms it. I used about 3/4 coconut water and 1/4 pineapple juice; with the chocolate, I use about 4/5 coconut water and 1/5 chocolate milk. I figure the extra calcium in the choc milk is good for me too, since I'm post-menopausal.

Andria

PS: Walmart stocks it on the "mixer" aisle for some damn reason, rather than the water aisle.

Pipug

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The unflavored tastes kinda salty, the way that sports drinks do -- no doubt because of the high potassium content in the coconut water, though it's actually mostly sodium in sports drinks. But the taste is so light that just a small amount of pineapple juice completely overwhelms it. I used about 3/4 coconut water and 1/4 pineapple juice; with the chocolate, I use about 4/5 coconut water and 1/5 chocolate milk. I figure the extra calcium in the choc milk is good for me too, since I'm post-menopausal.

Andria

PS: Walmart stocks it on the "mixer" aisle for some damn reason, rather than the water aisle.

Thanks, again. Am definitely going to try some.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
The site looks to be dead. Its said "down for maintenance" for the last week. :(

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The site looks to be dead. Its said "down for maintenance" for the last week. :(

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
It seems they have been closed down. I knew I should have ordered more, when I still had the chance. :gaah:
Guess I have to drink myself to sleep now :drunk:

It seems they have been closed down. I knew I should have ordered more, when I still had the chance. :gaah:
Guess I have to drink myself to sleep now :drunk:
Yeah, I have been checking the website daily for a month now. I called the company several times and get their automated directory, which lets you contact sales, orders and other departments, but nobody ever picks up. I have left several voicemails for every department and have never gotten any responses. I just want to know if they'll ever be back, cause their pink lemonade is the best juice I have found to date. Scrambling to find some alternative, but nothing yet.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
If nothing else, I hope they "open source" their recipes so that I can DIY it ... I don't expect that to happen though. :(

VU Sponsors