Become a Patron!

I put the wrong liquid in my tank

Hi, I'm brand new to vaping and know absolutely nothing. My son in law set me up with a vape, the smok Priv M17. I'm doing this for medical reasons and I had some CBD oil I figured I would try well it was tincture oil which I later read shouldn't be used because of the coconut oil and the lung problems it can cause. well, now I need to know about cleaning it out. I cleaned the tank but my concern is the cotton how do I clean it out of there or have I ruined it.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi, I'm brand new to vaping and know absolutely nothing. My son in law set me up with a vape, the smok Priv M17. I'm doing this for medical reasons and I had some CBD oil I figured I would try well it was tincture oil which I later read shouldn't be used because of the coconut oil and the lung problems it can cause. well, now I need to know about cleaning it out. I cleaned the tank but my concern is the cotton how do I clean it out of there or have I ruined it.
I've heard of people running their cotton/coil under water to rinse flavors out. You may end up ruining the cotton, but it may be worth a try.
I'd suggest picking up a pack of coils, the one your using will need replacing after a week or two anyway depending what juice you're using.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A factory coil?
Pretty much ruined. You could try soaking in alcohol and let dry for a day or more.
But I do not think the results will be very good.
Factory coils are consumables and seldom last more than a couple of weeks at most anyway.
When you start getting a burned flavor the coil is toast.

Welcome to VU.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have tried CBD with unsatisfying results.
works for some though.
But I think maybe the tincture taken under the tongue works better than vaping it anyway.
We have some CBD oriented threads and maybe a forum on here?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I cleaned the tank but my concern is the cotton how do I clean it out of there or have I ruined it.

Wash the coil and blow it out as best as you can then Prime it Real Good. Worst that might happen it is doesn't taste very good or doesn't vape too well until the water gets out of the coil. I would not worry about the little amount of the coconut oil that could be left. If it tastes that shitty just change the coil.

Good Luck~!

Wash the coil and blow it out as best as you can then Prime it Real Good. Worst that might happen it is doesn't taste very good or doesn't vape to well until the water gets out of the coil. I would not worry about the little amount of the coconut oil that could be left. If it tastes that shitty just change the coil.

Good Luck~!
Ok, What should I wash it with soap and water or alcohol

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
NO soap you will never get the flavor of the soap out.
I have used Isopropyl alcohol, seems to dissolve oils and flavors better then just water.
If you use isopropyl you MUST allow the coil to dry well, at least 24 hours..

Some use Pure Grain alcohol or vodka since it is not toxic like isopropyl.
I personally think the iso is fine as long as you allow time for all the iso to evaporate.
But then I am not always right.

Some just use warm water.

I have used Isopropyl alcohol, seems to dissolve oils and flavors better then just water.

I personally think the iso is fine as long as you allow time for all the iso to evaporate.

Thanks Cromwell

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Just change coils completely. Take the tank apart n wash throughly. Coconut oil sticks in cotton bad. N spits pops n burns hot. Pm me if you have cbd questions as i am a long time cbd user(medically).

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I'd just wipe the coil off, blow through it and then vape the rest of it out with my regular juice.
But that's just me.

101vape

VU Vendor Employee
VU Vendor Employee
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like you're using a device/tank with replaceable coils. I recommend just using a brand new coil. Yes, you can clean it with hot water, but you're not going to get the same flavor as you would if you just replaced your coil altogether.

VU Sponsors