Become a Patron!

I think I got swindled... Diluted Flavor Concentrates.

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vape Wild... I hate to do this to you, but I am calling you out.

I'm casually looking at recipes that use the typical brands, TFA, FA, FW, etc... and it seems like the average total flavoring necessary is around 5%... Some use less, some use more.

Fellow Vape Wild customers are suggesting I use 15-20% of their flavorings. And it's true... I started at 10%, and it wasn't enough, so I kept adding. Indeed 15-20% is about right for most of my juices.

And this stuff is not any cheaper than the aforementioned brands. 10mL for $1.99-$3.99. 30mL for $3.99-$7.99, depending on the flavor...

And yet I apparently have to use threefold/fourfold of this stuff to make a juice...

I mean, i like the flavors they gave me, but I think I'm getting ripped off. Agree/Disagree?

akuser47

Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I think I'd keep trying other brands until you find strong and tasty flavors that mix well at 5% or less on average. I'm just getting into diy and have a long road ahead. Also though different flavors are naturally stronger than others as well. You may know all this sorry I'm no help.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I'm casually looking at recipes that use the typical brands, TFA, FA, FW, etc... and it seems like the average total flavoring necessary is around 5%... Some use less, some use more.

Fellow Vape Wild customers are suggesting I use 15-20% of their flavorings. And it's true... I started at 10%, and it wasn't enough, so I kept adding. Indeed 15-20% is about right for most of my juices.

And this stuff is not any cheaper than the aforementioned brands. 10mL for $1.99-$3.99. 30mL for $3.99-$7.99, depending on the flavor...

And yet I apparently have to use threefold/fourfold of this stuff to make a juice...

I mean, i like the flavors they gave me, but I think I'm getting ripped off. Agree/Disagree?

The lowest recipe percentage I think I've ever mixed for a juice that i actually liked was 19%. These people mixing at 5%-10%... they must have a LOT more tastebuds than the norm, because at that percentage, all I would taste is PG. Maybe the nicotine, though at 3mg, I'd probably just taste the PG.

Normally I mix my ADV at 26%, but it started at 31%. And that's how most commercial juice is mixed, too.

Andria

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think I'd keep trying other brands until you find strong and tasty flavors that mix well at 5% or less on average. I'm just getting into diy and have a long road ahead. Also though different flavors are naturally stronger than others as well. You may know all this sorry I'm no help.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

LOL to your defeatist mood towards the end of that post!

I too am at the beginning of the road, so your words were indeed helpful. It just kinda sucks, i spent about $75 on flavors alone and it's probably worth about $20, doing the rough math.

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The lowest recipe percentage I think I've ever mixed for a juice that i actually liked was 19%. These people mixing at 5%-10%... they must have a LOT more tastebuds than the norm, because at that percentage, all I would taste is PG. Maybe the nicotine, though at 3mg, I'd probably just taste the PG.

Normally I mix my ADV at 26%, but it started at 31%. And that's how most commercial juice is mixed, too.

Andria

Okay, one vote for "No, you didn't get screwed."

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I suppose the only way to really know, would be to purchase duplicates from another vendor. Some people do use certain brands that high, like TFA and FW. FW is the only brand I've ever needed to go above 10%. TFA, I can't say I would normally use more than 4%. Only one flavor I can recall using at 7%, but discovered I just wasn't getting the flavor expected. Everyone's taste buds are different, though. What tastes good at 4%, to me, might taste flavorless to someone else.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I suppose the only way to really know, would be to purchase duplicates from another vendor. Some people do use certain brands that high, like TFA and FW. FW is the only brand I've ever needed to go above 10%. TFA, I can't say I would normally use more than 4%. Only one flavor I can recall using at 7%, but discovered I just wasn't getting the flavor expected. Everyone's taste buds are different, though. What tastes good at 4%, to me, might taste flavorless to someone else.

The way I learned, over at Butthole Central, was to build up the flavor profile by layering flavors; that way, no one flavor has to be really strong, since a lot of flavors don't do well at higher percentages, or just go muted -- if you layer several or more flavors together, you get a nice richness... but it usually means 20%-25% flavoring, all together. It works really well though, and also helps to cut down or eliminate steep time.

Andria

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

To be forward, I have taste buds that don't work well, from 25 years of heavy smoking.

But when I use TFA (and I regularly use it), I don't think I have ever exceeded 10% flavoring alone. I have a doughnut recipe that uses two TFA flavors. It's a total of 13% and I consider the final product pretty strong.

soulseek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm pretty sure a lot of resellers dilute their flavours that they buy in bulk, as well as the manufacturers making them weaker. When I first started mixing many years back, I used mostly Flavourart, where you wouldn't mix usually more than 5-6% total (usually 1-2% per flavour). Fortunately, this hasn't changed, since most resellers sell the 10ml bottles directly from FA and very few buy in bulk.
Capella on the other hand, some of their flavours, like sugar cookie, are so weak that you need to go up to 5-6%. This definitely wasn't the case 2-3 years ago.

I also can't help myself but laugh when I hear people talking about flavour profiles and layering. You realise almost any flavour you buy is a mixture of different molecules right? It's already "layered". Most of the times they have no clue what they're talking about. A good example is the guy that scams people into paying for his "content" at DIYorDIEvaping.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I also can't help myself but laugh when I hear people talking about flavour profiles and layering. You realise almost any flavour you buy is a mixture of different molecules right? It's already "layered". Most of the times they have no clue what they're talking about. A good example is the guy that scams people into paying for his "content" at DIYorDIEvaping.

Dunno what guy you mean, but you're wrong on that, about TFA flavors. They're individual bldg blocks, not the whole edifice; you put them together to build a *whole* flavor -- the only TFA I've tasted that is ANY good all by itself is their banana nut bread which OBVIOUSLY is a mixture. The others, not at all.

Andria

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A good example is the guy that scams people into paying for his "content" at DIYorDIEvaping.
That's incorrect as well. No one forces anyone to pay for anything, but I am subscribed to his "content," and it's a wellspring of information. I've been mixing for two years and still learn from @wayne.walkerr ....come to think of it, he readily admits he learns more every day and gladly passes the info on to others. Some of that is not part of the subscription service, it's just out there for anyone who cares to know. He's a huge asset to this community, very highly regarded and respected.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is subjective but for us regular vapers 20-25% would shock the system resulting in less flavor, so less is more.

It's possible that their flavors are just not concentrated enough, but if it's not the case then either you're one of those guys that needs a lot of flavor, that your flavors were diluted like you suspect, or they are just old and lost their potency.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Here's how it was for me when FIRST starting DIY....

I was chasing the flavor of juice that I was buying. I couldn't attain THAT flavor, and I couldn't understand why? I gave up on chasing flavors of stuff I'd been buying, and instead, I started following suggestions of what was working for others. Much of that did work, but, to me, it wasn't quite strong enough. It was suggested to bump the flavor just a tad, not a lot. My taste buds were used to whatever the juice vendors were selling, maybe over-flavored, maybe over-sweetened, I can't pin point that today, I don't remember what they tasted like now, LOL.

Over time, I was tasting DIY stuff differently. Increasing the flavoring just a tad was working. Eventually, that became too strong, so I started mixing at lower percentages. I still have to reduce flavoring in mixes, at times. I've been vaping only a little more than 3 years, DIY for about 3yrs, and taste still changes for me. My own recipes that I made in the past, and loved, don't taste the same to me today, so I've had to cut those in half, sometimes just a flavor or 2, and some I can't even vape, LOL!

I suppose my long-winded point is, that what might taste weak to you right now, likely won't in a few months, and more. You're used to store/vendor juice. They use the same flavorings that we all have access to, but we don't know exactly, how much, or how little, these guys and gals are using. Mix it to taste good to you, then decrease over time, if you feel the need.

One more thing, ALWAYS SHAKE YOUR FLAVORINGS before mixing.

I feel like I'm not making sense, and talking in circles. I'ma get more coffee now.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

I was chasing the flavor of juice that I was buying. I couldn't attain THAT flavor, and I couldn't understand why? I gave up on chasing flavors of stuff I'd been buying, and instead, I started following suggestions of what was working for others. Much of that did work, but, to me, it wasn't quite strong enough. It was suggested to bump the flavor just a tad, not a lot. My taste buds were used to whatever the juice vendors were selling, maybe over-flavored, maybe over-sweetened, I can't pin point that today, I don't remember what they tasted like now, LOL.

Over time, I was tasting DIY stuff differently. Increasing the flavoring just a tad was working. Eventually, that became too strong, so I started mixing at lower percentages. I still have to reduce flavoring in mixes, at times. I've been vaping only a little more than 3 years, DIY for about 3yrs, and taste still changes for me. My own recipes that I made in the past, and loved, don't taste the same to me today, so I've had to cut those in half, sometimes just a flavor or 2, and some I can't even vape, LOL!

I suppose my long-winded point is, that what might taste weak to you right now, likely won't in a few months, and more. You're used to store/vendor juice. They use the same flavorings that we all have access to, but we don't know exactly, how much, or how little, these guys and gals are using. Mix it to taste good to you, then decrease over time, if you feel the need.

I feel like I'm not making sense, and talking in circles. I'ma get more coffee now.

:coffee2: Always a good idea:idea:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'd verify that those flavors were diluted by buying a few from Bull City for comparison.

Entirely possible you've got damaged, or weakened, taste buds.
Most will recover after some time, but a few will never get back to 100% IMO.
Equipment can be the cause also.

But the first thing I would try is mixing some of them at 50PG/50VG.
Or even higher PG if you can take it...(like 70/30VG).

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I agree with Heabob... I haven't (nor would I) buy flavorings from Vape Wild so I have no idea how strong they are. The only way to know is to buy that same flavor from somewhere else and see how it compares. People's flavor strength preferences are all over the place. I rarely mix over 10% flavor in my recipes... but there are some over 20%... And TFA's percentages are all over the place too. There are some flavors that are so strong they need to be diluted, whereas other ones are over 5%. (which is high for me for a single flavor)

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Why did you buy so much before knowing if you'd like it or not?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I did the same thing when I started DIY.
Think I was just too over-excited and jumped in head first.
Looked at all the yummy recipes posted I wanted to try and ended up with a ton of flavors.
I'm more cautious now, when trying a new brand I just get a couple to test out.

soulseek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's incorrect as well. No one forces anyone to pay for anything, but I am subscribed to his "content," and it's a wellspring of information. I've been mixing for two years and still learn from @wayne.walkerr ....come to think of it, he readily admits he learns more every day and gladly passes the info on to others. Some of that is not part of the subscription service, it's just out there for anyone who cares to know. He's a huge asset to this community, very highly regarded and respected.

I never said he forced anyone but the guy imho is full of crap. I've watched their podcasts quite a few times and his cohosts are much more knowledgeable and insightful than he is.
I'm happy that he's helpful to you.
But I've been through a few of Waynes "instructional" videos where he talks about layering and flavour profiles and it's just 10 minutes of nonsense. You could boil down the whole video to 30s and still get nothing useful out of it and this boils down to the fact that he doesn't know what he's talking about. The fact that he charges for a lot of that content now is even funnier.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Looked at all the yummy recipes posted I wanted to try and ended up with a ton of flavors.
Yep... You assume that all brands of flavors are about the same... so the flavors sound good and you grab them. Also, if they're being advertised as being TFA, they are a well-known brand that's been around a while.
I wasted so much money when I first DIY'ed... Even quit doing it for a while and when back to store bought crap.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I wasted so much money when I first DIY'ed... Even quit doing it for a while and when back to store bought crap.

I was kind-of bull headed and just kept buying and trying more flavors and brands till I found some I liked.
Turned me into a flavor collector in the process tho:).

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was kind-of bull headed and just kept buying and trying more flavors and brands till I found some I liked.
Turned me into a flavor collector in the process tho:).
I am not very persistent and back then when I was DIYing, it was really new and there wasn't a lot of information on it. It was very discouraging. I don't even remember why I picked it back up... I think a friend at work started vaping and I made some for him?? That was like 5 years ago though... I've been doing this a minute. lol

soulseek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Dunno what guy you mean, but you're wrong on that, about TFA flavors. They're individual bldg blocks, not the whole edifice; you put them together to build a *whole* flavor -- the only TFA I've tasted that is ANY good all by itself is their banana nut bread which OBVIOUSLY is a mixture. The others, not at all.

Andria
All the flavours you buy are a combination of different molecules that give different characteristics to the blend. Walnut for example can be nutty and creamy at the same time. That's because there's at least two different molecules in there giving it that specific characteristic. Hence, walnut is in an of itself a layered flavour :D Check this link for a good example of how complex a single flavour is from TFA. Basically, any "single" flavouring you buy is already pretty complex and layered to begin with.

All I'm saying is that many people start using wording like "layering" and "flavour profiles", when in fact they have no idea what they're talking about.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am not very persistent and back then when I was DIYing, it was really new and there wasn't a lot of information on it. It was very discouraging. I don't even remember why I picked it back up... I think a friend at work started vaping and I made some for him?? That was like 5 years ago though... I've been doing this a minute. lol

Yup, that was like 2+ years before I started DIY, seems like better, and newer, flavors and brands were coming out more and more later on.
Not to mention the better Vape Gear that came along too.

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I stopped buying from Vape WIld. They fell off in my honest opinion. Also premium sites have lowered there prices so I havn't needed to.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
All the flavours you buy are a combination of different molecules that give different characteristics to the blend. Walnut for example can be nutty and creamy at the same time. That's because there's at least two different molecules in there giving it that specific characteristic. Hence, walnut is in an of itself a layered flavour :D Check this link for a good example of how complex a single flavour is from TFA. Basically, any "single" flavouring you buy is already pretty complex and layered to begin with.

All I'm saying is that many people start using wording like "layering" and "flavour profiles", when in fact they have no idea what they're talking about.

Maybe true, but I do know exactly what I'm talking about, when I say it; I cannot make an ejuice with a single flavor that's worth vaping -- it just tastes "thin." That banana nut bread flavor benefits from a smidge of cream, a smidge of sweetener, and even the shisha strawberry I love so much; all by itself, it's nothing special, even at the very high percentage I use -- but when I LAYER it with TFA Dx Bavarian, Vanilla Swirl, and CAP Sweet Cream, plus a bit of sweetener (and the Flash I add to everything), it becomes a work of art for my palate.

I cook in the same way -- I'm southern, I love the hell out of fried chicken... but in the egg mixture, I add a bit of ranch dressing, maybe some sour creme, and in the flour, I add a bit of parmesan cheese and just a smidge of corn meal, plus some cracked black pepper -- and in the hot grease, I add a bit of extra virgin olive oil -- my fried chicken SINGS on the palate. When I boil spuds to make mashed potatoes, I add 2 chicken bouillion cubes... it adds so much to the final flavor!

Most really great taste treats are a varied combination of many disparate flavors, which is why TFA flavors appeal to me; they're not intended to be used all by themselves, but in combination with several or many other flavors, to create something truly delicious, not just "meh." I don't DO "meh." Most southern cooks don't. ;)

Andria

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Very well said.:) BRAVO!!
200.gif

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Maybe true, but I do know exactly what I'm talking about, when I say it; I cannot make an ejuice with a single flavor that's worth vaping -- it just tastes "thin." That banana nut bread flavor benefits from a smidge of cream, a smidge of sweetener, and even the shisha strawberry I love so much; all by itself, it's nothing special, even at the very high percentage I use -- but when I LAYER it with TFA Dx Bavarian, Vanilla Swirl, and CAP Sweet Cream, plus a bit of sweetener (and the Flash I add to everything), it becomes a work of art for my palate.

I cook in the same way -- I'm southern, I love the hell out of fried chicken... but in the egg mixture, I add a bit of ranch dressing, maybe some sour creme, and in the flour, I add a bit of parmesan cheese and just a smidge of corn meal, plus some cracked black pepper -- and in the hot grease, I add a bit of extra virgin olive oil -- my fried chicken SINGS on the palate. When I boil spuds to make mashed potatoes, I add 2 chicken bouillion cubes... it adds so much to the final flavor!

Most really great taste treats are a varied combination of many disparate flavors, which is why TFA flavors appeal to me; they're not intended to be used all by themselves, but in combination with several or many other flavors, to create something truly delicious, not just "meh." I don't DO "meh." Most southern cooks don't. ;)

Andria
I don't believe you... I think I'm going to have to have some of that fried chicken and mashed potatoes to be sure...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't believe you... I think I'm going to have to have some of that fried chicken and mashed potatoes to be sure...

Well, I just told you how I make it. Have at it! :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh, I forgot... We had this discussion in the "selling eliquid to people" thread... You won't cook for us :p

tomorrow night I'm making my mushroom-and-brown-gravy meatloaf and mashed potatoes... so microwave stuff tonight. :D

Andria

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
tomorrow night I'm making my mushroom-and-brown-gravy meatloaf and mashed potatoes... so microwave stuff tonight. :D

Andria
Ok... No more food talk... I have 2 hours before I have the ability to eat... Lunch today was such a disappointment too :(

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ok, so I won't say how great the Healthy Choice Beef & Broccoli is (if you take out the white rice and use brown rice instead!). :D

Andria

brandon555

Member For 3 Years
I never said he forced anyone but the guy imho is full of crap. I've watched their podcasts quite a few times and his cohosts are much more knowledgeable and insightful than he is.
I'm happy that he's helpful to you.
But I've been through a few of Waynes "instructional" videos where he talks about layering and flavour profiles and it's just 10 minutes of nonsense. You could boil down the whole video to 30s and still get nothing useful out of it and this boils down to the fact that he doesn't know what he's talking about. The fact that he charges for a lot of that content now is even funnier.

Lol... he's got some good recipes and some are just blech!!!!! Fried ice cream almost made me gag. FLV Crunch Cereal at 3%???? I can barely stand that stuff at .3%

soulseek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Andria

I know what you're saying and I mostly agree. Yes, noone really vapes single flavours on their own. Although FA has some great fruits that you can vape on their own. But I think a lot of people go all in without having a strong base of the fundamentals. I see so many recipes that are over-complicated and filled with up to 5+ ingredients, when you could do it much better with the right 3.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I know what you're saying and I mostly agree. Yes, noone really vapes single flavours on their own. Although FA has some great fruits that you can vape on their own. But I think a lot of people go all in without having a strong base of the fundamentals. I see so many recipes that are over-complicated and filled with up to 5+ ingredients, when you could do it much better with the right 3.

Yes, I'd agree with that; I do have one recipe that has a LOT of flavorings, ("Smocha") but mainly because I was trying to clone a "bought" juice... didn't succeed, but it turned out ok anyway. :D With my strawberry & cream, I had a reason for every flavor -- strawberry, obviously; dx bavarian + vanilla swirl because I wanted something rich and custard-ish without diketones, and without hitting the vanilla notes *too* hard, as it would have if I'd used the vanilla swirl alone in greater quantity, and added the CAP sweet cream to make it creamier, without adding more sweetness -- that way I can control the sweetness with the actual sweetener. I've seen some "strawberry & cream" recipes with like 10-15 ingredients, and I just think "Why???" :D ETA: using those 3 cream flavors, my recipe could be varied in many different ways, just by using different proportions... If someone wanted it more creamy and less custardy, just go heavier on the Sweet Cream and lighter on the DX bavarian and Vanilla Swirl.

Andria

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

There's always one deficient in reading comprehension.

I do like it. Did you read the OP? QUOTE: "I mean, I like the flavors they gave me, but..."

I trusted Vape Wild on DIY because I have been buying their premixed for the better part of 18 months, and their prices on that are quite reasonable ($5-7 per 30mL depending on how much you buy). So I trusted them when I went to buy my first DIY stuff... is that so hard to wrap your mind around?

God, I hate people.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can so relate. 99.9% of the human race, I have pretty much zero use for. That's mostly why I'm a hermit.

Andria
Well Andria, that may be your case in the real world, but watching you travel from thread to thread exerting your wonderful talent for knowing the most on every topic here, seems to have been very therapeutic for your hermit issues, I am impressed!!!!:hug::blowkiss:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well Andria, that may be your case in the real world, but watching you travel from thread to thread exerting your wonderful talent for knowing the most on every topic here, seems to have been very therapeutic for your hermit issues, I am impressed!!!!:hug::blowkiss:

Well, I think I'm insulted... and definitely feel unwelcome. I had no idea you disliked me so much. Guess I'll just stay in the Refugee thread then; they seem to like me, in there... for some strange reason.

Andria

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I suppose the only way to really know, would be to purchase duplicates from another vendor.
That's what I've started doing with certain flavors.

I've been mixing for two years and still learn from @wayne.walkerr ....come to think of it, he readily admits he learns more every day and gladly passes the info on to others.
That's part of the fun of DIY, constantly learning new things as we go. Anyone who thinks they know all about doing DIY needs to get out of it. You never stop learning, and some of the lessons are hard/expensive.

You're used to store/vendor juice. They use the same flavorings that we all have access to, but we don't know exactly, how much, or how little, these guys and gals are using.
Not to mention way too much sweetener most of the time!

Amen to that! Shake that nicotine well too!

I think most of us have gone through that at one point when getting into this hobby.

One thing that I did from the start was to find a handful of folks on the forum who's recipes fit my flavor profile that was well liked by other members, and took notice of the flavors and percentages used on average in their recipes. That gave me a good idea of where to start percentage wise for a given manufacturer and adjust from there to my individual taste. So far, this has worked well for me.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I think I'm insulted... and definitely feel unwelcome. I had no idea you disliked me so much. Guess I'll just stay in the Refugee thread then; they seem to like me, in there... for some strange reason.

Andria
It was merely an observation, not an insult.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
There's always one deficient in reading comprehension.

I do like it. Did you read the OP? QUOTE: "I mean, I like the flavors they gave me, but..."

I trusted Vape Wild on DIY because I have been buying their premixed for the better part of 18 months, and their prices on that are quite reasonable ($5-7 per 30mL depending on how much you buy). So I trusted them when I went to buy my first DIY stuff... is that so hard to wrap your mind around?

God, I hate people.

I like VW and buy from them 99.9% of the time...but I don't trust every juice will be good so I only buy a 10ml for stuff I have never tried yet
and part of what i don't like about some of their juice is the muted flavors, nothing they sell with strawberries tastes like strawberries to me

and personally, I wouldn't buy DIY from a place that makes their money selling juice

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like VW and buy from them 99.9% of the time...but I don't trust every juice will be good so I only buy a 10ml for stuff I have never tried yet
and part of what i don't like about some of their juice is the muted flavors, nothing they sell with strawberries tastes like strawberries to me

and personally, I wouldn't buy DIY from a place that makes their money selling juice

Okay, that was more reasonable. But I see no reason why they wouldn't make good DIY...

I think I'm starting to get some wisdom now. The most powerful flavor I have is "deluxe banana," which of course was more expensive than regular flavors... THAT one I can use in small amounts to get a huge banana flavor. That's probably the pure stuff...

But when 1oz is $8... that's a rip. I'll go with Nic river from now on.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But when 1oz is $8... that's a rip. I'll go with Nic river from now on.
An ounce is 30ml, which is quite a bit of flavoring, so make sure it's something you like before getting stuck with that size bottle of something you won't use more than once. I highly recommend going to Wizard Labs (www.wizardlabs.us) for 8ml samples of things you just want to try. You aren't out a lot of money or product if it ends up being something you hate.

VU Sponsors