Become a Patron!

I think I want a parallel mod

Jsgillis86

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hola VU.

In the past couple months I've kinda turned into a tube junkie. My builds typically run between .24 and .3 ohms and it's been enough for me about 90% of the time. The problem is that every once in a while I just want a little more powerful vape than that and I don't feel comfortable building lower than .22 on a tube.

I understand that with a parallel mechanical mod I gain an additional 50% on my amp limit, so this seems to be the way to go for those special occasions when I wanna build a shade lower and fog up the room.

The question is, which one should I get?

I'm looking real hard at the Nookie V3 and the Anubis by El Diablo, but any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance everyone.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Dunno why you wouldn't feel comfortable in building around a .2 on a tube, that's prime starter spot for DL (as long as you use good batteries etc etc).

As for a parallel box, can't go wrong with either of those two but what kind of $ do you have to play with

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nookie V3 is wonderful, I absolutely love that little beast. So easy to use, clean, maintain, swap batteries and is one of the hardest hitting parallel Mod's I own. My favorite parallel mods in order

Pilak Panther
Nookie V3
Margarita
Anubis
Abaddon

The Nookie is my daily driver

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nookie V3 is wonderful, I absolutely love that little beast. So easy to use, clean, maintain, swap batteries and is one of the hardest hitting parallel Mod's I own. My favorite parallel mods in order

Pilak Panther
Nookie V3
Margarita
Anubis
Abaddon

The Nookie is my daily driver

@r055co ...you ever buy from this outfit? http://store.vvvapes.com/product-p/vbmm-nook.htm#

Jsgillis86

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dunno why you wouldn't feel comfortable in building around a .2 on a tube, that's prime starter spot for DL (as long as you use good batteries etc etc).

As for a parallel box, can't go wrong with either of those two but what kind of $ do you have to play with

I set a limit of .22 for my tubes. I'm currently using VTC4s, so the lowest I can build to stay within the CDR is .18. I don't trust my ohm reader fully so I add another .2 on for safety. And just for peace of mind I add another .2 on. Hence my limit, .22. I know it's safer than it could be, but that's the way I aim to keep it. That and I don't need much more than the vape I get off a 7/6 wrap, 3mm ID, 24g N80 dual coil, or a single parallel 24g Kanthal, 2.4mm ID, 6/5 wrap to get me through the day. Both ohm out around .22 or .23.

I have some VTC5A's and HB6s for when my build ohms out lower than that, but I still like to give myself plenty of headroom just in case. Also, the battery life on HB6's is not so great in my experience. I'd rather get a consistently good vape for a longer period of time than an incredible one at first that quickly degrades.

As for my limit, let's say I have $200 but wouldn't mind getting out with a little to spare.

Jsgillis86

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Actually no but I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them. Seriously the Nookie is that good and I can't recommend it enough.

Thank ya kindly r055co. Nookie V3 tops the list so far. Probably gonna need a new RDA to put on her too. Hmm...

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I set a limit of .22 for my tubes. I'm currently using VTC4s, so the lowest I can build to stay within the CDR is .18. I don't trust my ohm reader fully so I add another .2 on for safety. And just for peace of mind I add another .2 on. Hence my limit, .22. I know it's safer than it could be, but that's the way I aim to keep it. That and I don't need much more than the vape I get off a 7/6 wrap, 3mm ID, 24g N80 dual coil, or a single parallel 24g Kanthal, 2.4mm ID, 6/5 wrap to get me through the day. Both ohm out around .22 or .23.

I have some VTC5A's and HB6s for when my build ohms out lower than that, but I still like to give myself plenty of headroom just in case. Also, the battery life on HB6's is not so great in my experience. I'd rather get a consistently good vape for a longer period of time than an incredible one at first that quickly degrades.

As for my limit, let's say I have $200 but wouldn't mind getting out with a little to spare.
Honestly parallel Mod's hit better than single battery Mod's cause they're hardly working. Plus the battery life is a major plus.

I've got a Sith V2 on the way, really looking forward to that Beast.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank ya kindly r055co. Nookie V3 tops the list so far. Probably gonna need a new RDA to put on her too. Hmm...
I've been really loving the Vgod Trick Tank pro. Other than that I am still very partial to to the X1. Now if you can find it in stock and have the funds the Mose is another great RDA. It's not a cloud chaser but has great flavor and zero leaking, none.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Honestly parallel Mod's hit better than single battery Mod's cause they're hardly working. Plus the battery life is a major plus.

I've got a Sith V2 on the way, really looking forward to that Beast.

Ive also got the Sith on the way!
I havent used a dual parallel box in some time and I dont think I ever will..since getting the Tres Equis and Lethal I dont see the need...they are around the same size as most dual parallel and regulated boxes but hold 3 cells....my build burn hotter, last longer and I have more amp headway then I need-usually ;). I highly suggest in getting a Triple or the Sith V2 if possible and give yourself one of the best boxes from the start...that way you wont have to upgrade later.

Just think HG2 (20a CD/3000mAH) x 3 is 60a CD/9000mAH (I know its not a full 60a CD) and since the batteries will be pushing less then 10a each the capacity actually last longer since your not using the amperage...so your getting a bit more then the rated specs also...I like a .07-.09 with these batteries and I get 10+ hours...just imagine what you'd have with a .1+ build....

9756a7f54a6409ab40e51719f611b02b.jpg

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I need to stock up mechs too, I gave a few away last year, mostly reo mods. Need a few more parallel or series mechs, and I like the style of the Nookie and Pilak.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Actually no but I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them. Seriously the Nookie is that good and I can't recommend it enough.

Ordered 2 for the FDA stockpile.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I need to stock up mechs too, I gave a few away last year, mostly reo mods. Need a few more parallel or series mechs, and I like the style of the Nookie and Pilak.

Could have gave me a Reo :)

Always wanted one but haven't gotten around to ordering one

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been going nuts on Mech's, here's a shot of "some of" my Mech's. It's what I keep in regular rotation. This doesn't include what I have in the stash or my high end gear.

Fucking FDA and Government ya know....

49c167c1d76e966305ffc8592ca2e9b6.jpg

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nookie is a must have, Pilak is absolutely wonderful but very expensive. Pure Silver hits amazing and excellent to have if you have the extra funds. Second to that is copper, love Copper and a, good quality copper mod is the shit. Then comes aluminum, not bad at all. Brass is beautiful and SS is very durable but neither of them hit nor as smooth.

Jsgillis86

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh lord. That Tres Equis.... And with a Twisted Messes on top? By far my favorite RDA. Well, that and the X1. Can't ever decide between those two.

But either way- Holy fuck I'm so far behind in this mech game. Why the fuck did I not give up my pile of shit 30 watt pile of shit years ago.

$250 is a bit much for me right now so I'm probably gonna go with the Nookie, but god damn, ten hours on a .07? Fuck me. Blows my mind.

God damn. Many thanks to all you guys.

Jsgillis86

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nookie is a must have, Pilak is absolutely wonderful but very expensive. Pure Silver hits amazing and excellent to have if you have the extra funds. Second to that is copper, love Copper and a, good quality copper mod is the shit. Then comes aluminum, not bad at all. Brass is beautiful and SS is very durable but neither of them hit nor as smooth.

Yea, no way in hell I'm dropping six bills on a mech. Really I get all I need out of my ~$100 copper tubes. I can get way more off a parallel and that's gonna be an end of the night kinda thing.

You guys are nuts. Oh what am I saying...I'm sure I'll end up there eventually.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea, no way in hell I'm dropping six bills on a mech. Really I get all I need out of my ~$100 copper tubes. I can get way more off a parallel and that's gonna be an end of the night kinda thing.

You guys are nuts. Oh what am I saying...I'm sure I'll end up there eventually.
Yeah I thought I was nuts and knew for sure I was going to have buyers remorse when I pulled the trigger on the Pilak. But you know what? Nope, it really is incredibly smooth and wonderful vape, so I was happy. But will I get another, more than likely not, Copper is close behind and at a fraction of the cost. But damn, if you've got the scratch and are a collector the Pilak really is a must have.

Love my Copper though and parallels are da shit, I'm chomping at the bit to get my Sith V2.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im not going to bother posting my collection..I know the FDA isnt to blame...I just like new stuff :D:D
I highly doubt you could fit 1/2 your collection in a photo ;)

Come on Ray, work with me on this. We need to have an excuse ;)

I'm all anxious about the Sith V2 coming in, hoping it only takes a couple weeks max!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been going nuts on Mech's, here's a shot of "some of" my Mech's. It's what I keep in regular rotation. This doesn't include what I have in the stash or my high end gear.

Fucking FDA and Government ya know....

49c167c1d76e966305ffc8592ca2e9b6.jpg

What is your thoughts on the Samael...I am thinking of getting one of those...So sexy they are.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is your thoughts on the Samael...I am thinking of getting one of those...So sexy they are.
I'm really liking it so far

Pluses
  • Sexy as hell
  • Gold Plated Copper everywhere for great conductivity and low maintentance
  • Lite, I mean very light
  • Hits very well

Cons
  • Resin so don't drop it or it'll shatter
  • Baal V4 has slot grub screws, couldn't swap out with metric hex grubs (looks to be SAE and I don't have SAE grub)

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive also got the Sith on the way!
I havent used a dual parallel box in some time and I dont think I ever will..since getting the Tres Equis and Lethal I dont see the need...they are around the same size as most dual parallel and regulated boxes but hold 3 cells....my build burn hotter, last longer and I have more amp headway then I need-usually ;). I highly suggest in getting a Triple or the Sith V2 if possible and give yourself one of the best boxes from the start...that way you wont have to upgrade later.

Just think HG2 (20a CD/3000mAH) x 3 is 60a CD/9000mAH (I know its not a full 60a CD) and since the batteries will be pushing less then 10a each the capacity actually last longer since your not using the amperage...so your getting a bit more then the rated specs also...I like a .07-.09 with these batteries and I get 10+ hours...just imagine what you'd have with a .1+ build....

9756a7f54a6409ab40e51719f611b02b.jpg
May i ask what the silver mech is hmm looking good

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
May i ask what the silver mech is hmm looking good

Thats the Tres Equis. Its one of the best mods Ive ever owned...Triple Parallel Hybrid Box and the button is smooth and soft.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
This look right ever shop hereView attachment 71320

Buy it the moment you can..even the clones are getting harder and harder to find...same with the Lethal and just about every other Triple Parallel box...

The reason the triples are popular are pretty up front. Amp Headyway, lots of capacity, size isnt much bigger then a dual parallel...more power in a slightly bigger shell...can fire down to 05 without issues (using the correct cells of course)

That red version is one Ive wanted for a very long time...Id trade many things for it :cool:;)

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Buy it the moment you can..even the clones are getting harder and harder to find...same with the Lethal and just about every other Triple Parallel box...

The reason the triples are popular are pretty up front. Amp Headyway, lots of capacity, size isnt much bigger then a dual parallel...more power in a slightly bigger shell...can fire down to 05 without issues (using the correct cells of course)

That red version is one Ive wanted for a very long time...Id trade many things for it :cool:;)
Ever here of vapefu.com they have red im bout to buy but never herd of them im sein clones all over

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I actually prefer the Clone over the Authentic for 1 major reason, the plate. With the authentic you have to treat it like a Hybrid style due to the flat plate the addy connects to. With the clone they have a nub that pops up from the plate to act like a 510 pin. Plus IMO the Authentic is over priced

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually prefer the Clone over the Authentic for 1 major reason, the plate. With the authentic you have to treat it like a Hybrid style due to the flat plate the addy connects to. With the clone they have a nub that pops up from the plate to act like a 510 pin. Plus IMO the Authentic is over priced
Really hmmm

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really hmmm

My Clone does and I think most all Clones do also.

I have no problems using my Hybrid style Mod's, have have a couple. I just don't like being limited in what atty's I can run. You can get around this with a good heat sink though if you choose. But like I said the other issue I have with the Tres is IMO it's way over priced for what you get.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Most RDAs I use have a protruding 510 either way...I dont think I have a single RDA or RTA that isnt hybrid safe now that I think of it...I kinda wish they made another run of clones...would love some spares and spare parts just incase something happens to it...I have noticed on my last tear down I might have bent the copper strip too much and Im worried it will break soon....so now more tear downs unless absolutely necessary

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most RDAs I use have a protruding 510 either way...I dont think I have a single RDA or RTA that isnt hybrid safe now that I think of it...I kinda wish they made another run of clones...would love some spares and spare parts just incase something happens to it...I have noticed on my last tear down I might have bent the copper strip too much and Im worried it will break soon....so now more tear downs unless absolutely necessary
I have the feeling though the Sith V2 is going to push the Tres to the FDA Apocalypse bin for me ;)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm waiting on Dragons Den to have them in stock, Pete said he would be getting them. So I ordered the Clone from 3FVape, once I can get the Authentic I'll be ordering that too.

http://www.3fvape.com/mechanical-mo...um-brass-4-x-18650-parallel.html#.WHg24fErLSc
Im definitly buying a Clone Sith V2...SWC has stolen enough of my money....Im just glad I could rig my Lethal button so I could use it..Im pretty sure the clone will be better in this case also...and even if it isnt its only $27...Im done shelling out $250 and getting a half ass mod from them

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This site sells good clones i take it how is there shipping is it months

Actually no, usually after ordering it takes from 2-3 weeks. It all depends on if it has ship in 24 hours, if it does it's about 2 weeks or less to get it. If it doesn't say 24 hours it takes on average of 3-5 days for them to actually ship, then add another week or two.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
This site sells good clones i take it how is there shipping is it months

1-3 weeks depenjding on where you live and the shipping you get, Ive gotten stuff in 5 days...some stuff in 3 weeks

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im definitly buying a Clone Sith V2...SWC has stolen enough of my money....Im just glad I could rig my Lethal button so I could use it..Im pretty sure the clone will be better in this case also...and even if it isnt its only $27...Im done shelling out $250 and getting a half ass mod from them
yeah I'm going to see the Clone. But what I've seen from a couple of reviewers the Authentic is decent quality. I really do love my Lethal but it's not the best quality and certainly not for the $225 I paid for it ;)

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually no, usually after ordering it takes from 2-3 weeks. It all depends on if it has ship in 24 hours, if it does it's about 2 weeks or less to get it. If it doesn't say 24 hours it takes on average of 3-5 days for them to actually ship, then add another week or two.
The reason i ask about clones is iv had bad experiances with clones i once gor a catigador clone and it was junk pile shit still have it but it scares the hell outta me gets hot button hot bla bla never bought a clone since i get it 25 bucks but 25 bucks is 25 bucks just dont like wasting 5 bucks lol so u think its a good clone site or what

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
yeah I'm going to see the Clone. But what I've seen from a couple of reviewers the Authentic is decent quality. I really do love my Lethal but it's not the best quality and certainly not for the $225 I paid for it ;)
I was told the Exodus and the Hollowpoint were crazy high quality...maybe its just the boxes Ive ordered but their instagram comments make me think otherwise ;)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The reason i ask about clones is iv had bad experiances with clones i once gor a catigador clone and it was junk pile shit still have it but it scares the hell outta me gets hot button hot bla bla never bought a clone since i get it 25 bucks but 25 bucks is 25 bucks just dont like wasting 5 bucks lol so u think its a good clone site or what

If you want a great clone then you really have to do your research...You have to cross check with the authentic, then check against other clones on other sites/read reviewer comments and see which has the correct everything and then decide which to order.
If you buy looking just by looking at price then you will be gambling...

Tobeco, Kingbright, SXK. and a handful of other clone manufacturers made perfect 1:1 clones by getting a authentic and reverse engineering it or a 3d scan. If you ever have a question on which to order just give me a message...

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also have this feeling with Duquit Works, I got a Duquit V4 LE. What a piece of shit, the external is nice but the internals are about the most jankiest, 1/2 assed Micky Mouse piece of shit I've ever seen. I've packed it away and when I get some time I'm going to get some new internals designed and made. I mean fucking garbage .......................

VU Sponsors