Become a Patron!

I want to know you guys how to choose vape, do you more important in the appearance?

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yes, appearance is important to me. I guess it's silly as there's almost nowhere one can vape in a public place. Still, I care how the mod itself looks, how the mod & tank match, how they match my clothes that day, etc. And I hate mismatched blacks and such.

About a million years ago, I watched myself in a mirror to find the smoking style that looked best. I'm surely not the only one who did that.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Appearance for me as man, country boy, roughneck, comes in second place. That isn't to say I neglect appearance totally. I like having a fairly nice looking kit.

I don't get outrageously matchy-matchy though. Got a Damn Vape's Mongrel RDA with a glass top cap on an Geekvape Athena mod. On the other Athena mod a Trinity Glass Hardware U.S. 1 (1:1 clone) with a stainless and ultem (sp?). top cap.

On a THC Thunder mod got an Athena RDA. Got some Signature Vape's SQ mods sitting up at the moment. Just been using the Athena mods as my all day carries of late.

Functionality is a big selling point for me. I like squonking and mechanical mods. Enjoy using RD/s/As. Simplicity is also a strong point for me.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
hi Melinda, please just ensure you select a one with a removable battery, it is cheaper to replace a battery than the mod, plus you can always have a spare charged up battery so you dont get a vape less few hours.

Will add to that advice, if you choose using pod based systems, ... get pods you can refill yourself. Also, don't buy anything proprietary. Nothing worse than getting chained to Brand X coils, or Brand Z's pods that you have to buy from Company C only. Company C might go out of business the next day, they could gouge prices, not change bad/faulty designs and so on.

I used brand names in my earlier post as reference points. Any squonking box mod would suit me as long as it functioned, caught my eye aesthetically, sold at a frugal enough cost. The same with RDAs. I don't sacrifice on wire though, i like TEMCo wire or a vendor using their wire after cleaning it. TEMCo wire though is usually reasonably clean in my experience. I also dry fire when building a coil on an RDA deck, though. That heats off a lot of impurities.

By the by, just a handy FYI, ... vaping coils when heated can ignite cigarettes. Go figure.

Yes, appearance is important to me. I guess it's silly as there's almost nowhere one can vape in a public place. Still, I care how the mod itself looks, how the mod & tank match, how they match my clothes that day, etc. And I hate mismatched blacks and such.

About a million years ago, I watched myself in a mirror to find the smoking style that looked best. I'm surely not the only one who did that.
Yes, me too! the vape like the handbag that need to match my clothes

Choosing a vape is a personal preference, and it's great that you're considering what matters most to you. If appearance is important to you, there's nothing wrong with preferring a good-looking vape.
However, it's also essential to balance appearance with functionality and performance. You'll want a vape that not only looks great but also delivers a satisfying vaping experience. You might find some fantastic options among the Best Vaping Devices in 2023 that combine style and performance.
Ultimately, the perfect vape for you is the one that matches your style and provides an enjoyable vaping experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Choosing a vape is a personal preference, and it's great that you're considering what matters most to you. If appearance is important to you, there's nothing wrong with preferring a good-looking vape.
appearance to a lot is vital. to me i vape for taste and relaxation so i would put function as my main selection point. if it looks pretty but does not give the required performance, then why would you purchase it? may as well just buy a picture of a pretty one for your wall.

Here are some factors to consider when selecting a vape device:

1. Type: Decide between pod systems, box mods, or pen-style vapes based on your experience level.
  2. Battery Life: Consider the battery capacity for longer usage between charges.
  3. Ease of Use: Look for user-friendly features like easy refilling and adjustable airflow.
  4. Flavor & Vapor: Opt for devices with good flavor and vapor production.
  5. Coil Compatibility: Check for various coil options to suit different vaping preferences.
  6. Nicotine Strength: Choose between regular e-liquid or nicotine salts based on your preference.
If you have further any doubts, drop your comment. I specialize in selling disposable vape products across the USA

VU Sponsors