Become a Patron!

I'd sure like to have a bigger tank

Badfrog

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've got the Aspire Cleito tanks and really like them all around. No leak, easy to fill, great flavor, great clouds if I want it etc etc. But I'd sure like a bigger capacity option. I've seen the "bubble" glass option for the tank but just don't think I could get over the look.

Perhaps it'd be nice to have another tank option? Something I might use when away from the house that I won't have to refill as often (Cleito is 3.5ML which is decent). Problem with many of the larger setups I've seen is that they use really low ohm coils and would want to be pushed by more wattage and thus it would just go thru the juice quickly.

What I'd like is at least 5ml, great flavor that can rival the Cleito, no leaking issues and something I can use in the neighborhood of .4ohms/60 watts. What kind of choices should appeal to a fella like myself? Thanks for reading gang.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Something that uses prebuilt coils? I don't know.

You could go with an RTA IF you want to build your own coils.

Badfrog

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Something that uses prebuilt coils? I don't know.

You could go with an RTA IF you want to build your own coils.

That probably is something that would be nice to look at. I'm assuming that with enough education, someone like myself could build coils and get in the ballpark of the ohms I want without having to do a bunch of practice? What kind of investment would I need to make to get setup for rebuilding (excluding the cost of the tank)?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
A few different sizes of wire. I prefer and mostly use 24 gauge.
And ohm reader.
and any tools you might want to make life easier. Some will twist coils on a drill bit shank, myself, I use a "universal tool" coil maker. It's like a Kuro coil maker.

For maybe 50-70 bucks, you can have a really nice bunch of tools for coil making. The cheaper and easier route, would be just buying a kit. Coil Master and several other companies make kits for under 40 bucks, that have everything you need, in a nice kit and case.

Don't forget your choice of wicking material. Most use cotton pads in one form or another. You don't need piles of it to start with. 20 pads should last you some time.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really just cost of wire and wick to start.

Really vital to start items include:
Nail clippers (flush wire cutters better)
Precision screwdrivers
Scissors

Would be in your best interest to have an ohm meter. But not ABSOLUTELY necessary to build on a regulated mod. Just highly recommended. Get one.

Down the road purchases that make life easier can include, for simple coils:
2 mandrels (can wrap coils around screwdrivers to start, but much easier and cleaner finished coils with 2 mandrels imho)
Ceramic tweezers
Fly tying scissors for wicking

Would start with japanese cotton and maybe a spool of 26 and 28g kanthal and/or 26g ss316L. But wire gauge really depends on what wattage you like to vape. These wires will be able to work well for a variety of builds, especially at low to midrange wattage. Can always run them in a parallel build for higher wattage. Or twisted.

Kbee vapes has a good package deal on an assortment of ss and an assortment of kanthal wires that would be a good starting investment too. Like $25 i think for a bunch of different wire to play with.

Other than that, I like to get kanthal from temco. Free shipping even on a $5 order and made in usa.

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I've got the Aspire Cleito tanks and really like them all around. No leak, easy to fill, great flavor, great clouds if I want it etc etc. But I'd sure like a bigger capacity option. I've seen the "bubble" glass option for the tank but just don't think I could get over the look.

Perhaps it'd be nice to have another tank option? Something I might use when away from the house that I won't have to refill as often (Cleito is 3.5ML which is decent). Problem with many of the larger setups I've seen is that they use really low ohm coils and would want to be pushed by more wattage and thus it would just go thru the juice quickly.

What I'd like is at least 5ml, great flavor that can rival the Cleito, no leaking issues and something I can use in the neighborhood of .4ohms/60 watts. What kind of choices should appeal to a fella like myself? Thanks for reading gang.
bubble tank looks awesome on it
a7bok7A.jpg

supersonictt

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I also have the Cleito and I like it, but after buying Smok G-Priv that comes with the Big Baby Beast 5ml tank, I can say that the flavor is so amazing, so I bought the Baby Beast today for my Pico.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I also have the Cleito and I like it, but after buying Smok G-Priv that comes with the Big Baby Beast 5ml tank, I can say that the flavor is so amazing, so I bought the Baby Beast today for my Pico.

this is another good option as well

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A different bubble tank for the Cleito and the Super Tank (original):
20161103_184746.jpg 20160626_004328_001.jpg
I got them from sickvaporco off FB
They're acrylic, very durable, and look great.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Meh, Child's play ;)

modfather-3_zpsn8ztsvde.jpg
That is indeed a good size tank.
Outside of 20ml tanks, another option (that takes prebuilt coils) would be a 30mm CCI Triforce.
No knockin the 20ml, I have it on order as well as the other 20ml tank on pre-order.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
That is indeed a good size tank.
Outside of 20ml tanks, another option (that takes prebuilt coils) would be a 30mm CCI Triforce.
No knockin the 20ml, I have it on order as well as the other 20ml tank on pre-order.
i haven't filled my modfather up since i built on it lol. granted I only use it at home and have been super busy but still lol probably have about 5ml left of juice in it after a week. also got the preorder in for the 20ml supreme as well

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i haven't filled my modfather up since i built on it lol. granted I only use it at home and have been super busy but still lol probably have about 5ml left of juice in it after a week. also got the preorder in for the 20ml supreme as well
Yeah with how thirsty the Modfather is suprising how long it lasts, but then again 20ml!

I basically just got the Tall Kit for shits and giggles but when I used the series deck the flavor was pretty damn good. So I actually use it at home fairly often, lasts me about 3 -4 days or so.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yeah with how thirsty the Modfather is suprising how long it lasts, but then again 20ml!

I basically just got the Tall Kit for shits and giggles but when I used the series deck the flavor was pretty damn good. So I actually use it at home fairly often, lasts me about 3 -4 days or so.
I don't notice any huge loss of flavor with the tall kit personally.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That reminds me, I need to change the wicking in mine so I can do a fair comparison between that and the other two tanks.
(shoulda used my regular cotton bacon the first time)
I ordered the 20ml from ebay, shipped with an expected delivery of Dec 10.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
That reminds me, I need to change the wicking in mine so I can do a fair comparison between that and the other two tanks.
(shoulda used my regular cotton bacon the first time)
I ordered the 20ml from ebay, shipped with an expected delivery of Dec 10.
yeah i use cotton bacon and stuff the shit out of it. hasn't leaked yet since i did that. I also shove cotton down the middle of the 2 posts between the coils

Badfrog

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Thanks for the rec. The big baby looks like a great option especially after I looked at the suggested wattage range. Just might have to get one.

VU Sponsors