Become a Patron!

Ijoy Capo 100w kit review

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello all,
I received this kit from @Heaven Gifts via a vaping underground giveaway. I have used this mod exclusively for the last 4 days and felt it was enough to give a thorough review.

582fb6c0d88716ec8a1947dae698fc98.jpg

Mod Features:
It is small in stature, but has a great feel in the hand. The included 21700 works well, but Mooch has tested this battery and found it to under perform against its rating. He did not suggest pushing this battery much beyond 50w due to voltage sag, which is unfortunate for a mod rated at 100w. The paint on my yellow version is matte in color, and seem to be quite durable. The screen and back panels are made of plastic and are more resilient to scratching/marking than its big brother, the Captain. The screen is big, bright, and easy to read. I did not test any other modes beyond straight wattage mode.

The kit contains the Capo 100w mod, 21700 battery, spare o-rings, usb cable, and Captain Mini tank w/ two coils as seen below.

4490dce6b2ffa2cf779662f5fb3b6121.jpg

Mod Function:
This mod works great with the included Captain mini tank, but the wattage was over rated when running at higher watts. I had to turn the wattage up to 90 on rdas that I normally run at 80 watts in order to get the same warmth and vapor production. This reduction in power could be due to the factort 21700 battery. It may be a more solid mod with the use of a 20700, but without an adapter I was unable to test this. ****Disclaimer - the public release of this mod may come with adapters and will be more universal with batteries. The fire button is nice on this mod. It has no rattle, it's large, firm, and has a nice click to it. The up and down buttons are responsive, but they do have severe rattle.

Size Comparison to Revenger and Minkin v2

5484f363f928ca8c518b951315b0f44c.jpg

fa87fbe375ca7019782a616de3849f71.jpg

Tank review:
The Captain Mini tank works well with this mod. The wattage is in a range that allows for good battery life and performance. This tank is essentially an Ijoy version of a Smok Baby Beast. The flavor, vapor, and capacity are very similar. It also has coil life equally as short as the BB. The fill port is on the small side, and the recessed nature makes filling difficult. The coils are their own design, and I do not know of a different manufacturer that will fit in this tank. The kit also did not include spare glass, which is a let down. This may come in the retail release, but did not come in this kit.

6b34abd14a6131716be7e83410de5fb7.jpg

Final Thoughts:
This is a beginner kit through and through. While I enjoyed using it, I don't see it getting a lot of use in my every day life. The biggest fail being the 21700 battery. While Ijoy states that it can be used with an 18650 or 20700, there are no adapters with this kit for proper and safe use of these batteries. Charging time is very long on the 21700 battery, so once it is dead, you have to wait 5-6 hours for it to be charged. This of course can be avoided if you buy a spare 21700 battery.

6564a9aa2704e953065d889908004bbc.jpg

This kit is available from Heaven Gifts for $77.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/IJOY-CAPO-100-TC-Kit.html

This review has been delivered by Pizza Dave - Real Reviews, with no extra toppings.

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hello all,
I received this kit from @Heaven Gifts via a vaping underground giveaway. I have used this mod exclusively for the last 4 days and felt it was enough to give a thorough review.

Mod Features:
It is small in stature, but has a great feel in the hand. The included 21700 works well, but Mooch has tested this battery and found it to under perform against its rating. He did not suggest pushing this battery much beyond 50w due to voltage sag, which is unfortunate for a mod rated at 100w. The paint on my yellow version is matte in color, and seem to be quite durable. The screen and back panels are made of plastic and are more resilient to scratching/marking than its big brother, the Captain. The screen is big, bright, and easy to read. I did not test any other modes beyond straight wattage mode.

The kit contains the Capo 100w mod, 21700 battery, spare o-rings, usb cable, and Captain Mini tank w/ two coils as seen below.

Mod Function:
This mod works great with the included Captain mini tank, but the wattage was over rated when running at higher watts. I had to turn the wattage up to 90 on rdas that I normally run at 80 watts in order to get the same warmth and vapor production. This reduction in power could be due to the factort 21700 battery. It may be a more solid mod with the use of a 20700, but without an adapter I was unable to test this. ****Disclaimer - the public release of this mod may come with adapters and will be more universal with batteries. The fire button is nice on this mod. It has no rattle, it's large, firm, and has a nice click to it. The up and down buttons are responsive, but they do have severe rattle.

Size Comparison to Revenger and Minkin V2

Tank review:
The Captain Mini tank works well with this mod. The wattage is in a range that allows for good battery life and performance. This tank is essentially an Ijoy version of a Smok Baby Beast. The flavor, vapor, and capacity are very similar. It also has coil life equally as short as the BB. The fill port is on the small side, and the recessed nature makes filling difficult. The coils are their own design, and I do not know of a different manufacturer that will fit in this tank. The kit also did not include spare glass, which is a let down. This may come in the retail release, but did not come in this kit.

Final Thoughts:
This is a beginner kit through and through. While I enjoyed using it, I don't see it getting a lot of use in my every day life. The biggest fail being the 21700 battery. While Ijoy states that it can be used with an 18650 or 20700, there are no adapters with this kit for proper and safe use of these batteries. Charging time is very long on the 21700 battery, so once it is dead, you have to wait 5-6 hours for it to be charged. This of course can be avoided if you buy a spare 21700 battery.

This kit is available from Heaven Gifts for $77.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/IJOY-CAPO-100-TC-Kit.html

This review has been delivered by Pizza Dave - Real Reviews, with no extra toppings.
Nice review! I enjoyed reading :)

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you @Heartsdelight ! I was hoping to not come off too negative. I think the main issue is that I don't use beginner devices anymore.... so it's lack luster compared to what I use now... rdas and rtas from 80 to 120 watts.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you @Heartsdelight ! I was hoping to not come off too negative. I think the main issue is that I don't use beginner devices anymore.... so it's lack luster compared to what I use now... rdas and rtas from 80 to 120 watts.

I think you were to the point & honest, as reviews should be ;)

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vaped it at 90w for a day....mod didn't get too hot....it hits just how I like it... 3mm fused Claptons. I had no issues other than I think this would be better with a good 20700.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I vaped it at 90w for a day....mod didn't get too hot....it hits just how I like it... 3mm fused Claptons. I had no issues other than I think this would be better with a good 20700.

@90 watts how long did the 21700 battery last you?

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@90 watts how long did the 21700 battery last you?
I vaped it one evening with the rda at 90w. Wasn't a ton of vaping...but it went down 25% . That same amount would have taken my other dual 18650 mods down 10%. The wattage follows the voltage down down down. By the timethe battery is showing 80% the voltage is too low to produce the wattage on the display. I found I started out at 95w, but in no time was down below 70w.

Last edited:

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was not aware of the issues with photo bucket and will be editing my review with new photos.

VU Sponsors