Become a Patron!

Ijoy captain 2 kit review

wiz4vap

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I received Ijoy captain 2 kit from sourcemore for the purpose of this review.

Ijoy captain 2 kit colors:

- Blue
- Gunmetal
- Red
- Black
- Rainbow

eqIdVNQ.jpg

Specifications:

- Size: 136.8mm x 52.2mm x 33mm
- Battery: Dual 18650 batteries
- Output Power: 5-180W
- Resistance Range: 0.05-3.0Ω
- Screen Size: 0.96 inch
- Material: Aluminium alloy & Silicone
- E-juice Capacity: 5ml/2ml
- Firmware Upgrade

In the box:

- IJOY CAPTAIN 2 BOX MOD
- USB Cable
- Captain V Tank (X3-mesh coil pre-installed)
- X3-C1 coil
- Manual
- Warranty Card

wWZu2JD.jpg

Ijoy captain 2 kit contains captain 2 mod and captain 5 atomizer. This device is available in 5 different colors. Package is okay, in the package you will receive everything that you need and you will receive extra coil. Dimensions of the kit are 136.8mm x 52.2mm x 33mm.

E3FHZgw.jpg

Atomizer:

Captain 5 is 28m mm diameter with bubble tank and this atomizer is in height 51mm. Build quality of the atomizer is good, threads are good and everything is as it should be. On the atomizer you can see some details, on the top cap and on the airflow control ring you can see some details, on the top cap you can see "Captain V", from the bottom of the atomizer you can see standard informations. In the package with this atomizer you will get two coils which is great.

qfjJTcy.jpg

Drip tip that comes preinstalled has two o rings, it stays really nice in the place and it is comfortable for using. On this atomizer you can't use your standard 510 or 810 drip tips.
Under drip tip you can see the top cap, on the top cap you can see details so you can easier unscrew the top cap from the atomizer. Threads here are good and you can really easy take it from the atomizer. When you take off the top cap you can see two big holes where you can fill the tank and you can fill the tank really easy.

jwLzsNV.jpg

With this atomizer you will receive two tanks, one regular tank and one bubble tank. With bubble tank capacity of the atomizer is 5ml which is really good capacity and with regular glass tank capacity is 2ml.
With this atomizer you will receive two coils, one x3 mesh coil and the other one is x3 c1 coil. Coil that you will receive in the atomizer is x3 mesh coil, resistance of this coil is 0.15ohm and it works from 40-90w. Coil that you will receive in the package is x3 c1 coil, resistance of the coil is 0.4ohm and this coil works from 60-90w.

On the base you can see the airflow control ring, on the ring you can see details so you can adjust the airflow easy. On the airflow control ring you can see two airflow holes and what you adjust on one side it will be the same on the other one.

fJfIQNb.jpg

HgWATqw.jpg

lVw9uxp.jpg

fpp3tW2.jpg

Mod:

Ijoy captain 2 mod is powered by two 18650 batteries and this mod works from 5-180w. Build quality of the mod is good, it is made out of good materials and this mod should be waterproof, dustproof, shockproof, but on their site you can't find informations about that, they only say that this mod is military grade mod. This mod is really comfortable for using and when you hold this mod in the hand you can see how good it is. On the mod you can see some details, on one side you can see "Ijoy" and from the other side you can see "Captain 2"

wbRV7PU.jpg

From the top of the mod you can see the connection, threads here are good and I didn't have any problems. Here we have goldplated spring loaded 510 pin.

From the bottom of the mod you can see the battery door and this mod is powered with two 18650 batteries. The battery cover is good and so far I didn't have any problems here. You can really easy put in the batteries and you can easily take them out. When you open the battery door you can see rubberized part to protect the device from water.

CHpwzEp.jpg

From one side of the mod you can see big fire button. The fire button is clicky and it works really well. I can say that I really like this fire button, it is really comfortable for using.
From the front of the mod you can see usb port, plus and minus buttons and screen. On the usb port you can see the cap to protect it from water. This is not usb type c port. Buttons here are good and there is no any problem with buttons. We have here 0.96inch screen and on the screen we have many informations.

FfyF0uM.jpg

TqpLRnk.jpg

WKEEVbn.jpg

You can turn on or turn off the device when you click 5 times on the fire button. When you turn on the device on the screen you can see:

- W
- Battery indicator
- Ohm
- A
- V
- Mode
- Puff counter
- Vaping time

When you click 3 times on the fire button you can enter the menu and in the menu you can see:

- Power (you can change here preheat)
- Tc (Ni, Ti, Ss, M1, M2)
- Tcr
- Set (Screen time)
- Reset puff

When you click plus and minus buttons together you can lock the mod and you need to do the same to unlock it, when mod is locked you can't use the mod.

My thoughts:

Let me start with the atomizer, build quality of the atomizer is good. You can fill the tank really easy. Drip tip is good for using but you can't use here any standard 510 or 810 drip tip. With this atomizer you will receive two tanks so you can use any of them, I really like to use here bubble tank because of capacity, capacity with bubble glass tank here is 5ml which is great capacity. You can replace the coils easily and you can buy for this atomizer many different coils, you can even buy rba head for this device. Atomizer performs solid, flavor with regual coil is okay but with mesh coil is really good, I like it more with mesh coil. Mod is really good, I really like the mod. Build quality of the mod is really good and this mod should be waterproof, dustproof and shockproof, they say military grade mod. Mod is very comfortable for using, it feels really nice in the hand. The fire button is also really comfortable, it works good and in my opinion the fire button here is really good. I really like the battery door, so far there is no any problem here. Only con for this mod in my opinion is for screen, we have many informations on the screen which is good but brightness of the screen is not very good, in the room you can see everything on the screen very good, but outside is not that great. Mod perfroms really good, I really like it and I didn't have any problems with the mod. I would definitely suggest you the mod and as I said atomizer is really solid, it works good with mesh coils and you can buy rba head for this atomizer which I like, so you can definitely try this kit.

Cons:

- You can't use your standard 810 or 510 drip tip
- Brightness of the screen
- No usb c

Pros:

- Build quality is good
- Comfortable drip tip
- Easy to fill
- No leaking
- Many different coils
- Rba head
- 5ml capacity