Become a Patron!

Ijoy Captain PD270 A DeucesJack Review

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey guys! I'm new to the group but not to vaping?....I loved the review too btw! And now that's it's been a few weeks I'm wondering if you know the best place to get the best "real" deal!?
I always use vapecrawler.com they always find the best price for me. Father's day is this weekend so keep an eye out for sales.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Argie3

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does anyone have a clue what are the issues /improvements the firmware update address?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That is one kickass mod. I really want one. I wish more companies would provide the batteries. Buying seperate bats for a mod online is just inconvenient. I've always thought that. I used to use an old eVic vt with the racing stripe on it. The battery source was internal. My next mod required me to buy seperate batteries. I didn't like that idea then, or now. Props Ijoy, great idea. I will be using one of these in the near future. Its like Ive been waiting for this.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That is one kickass mod. I really want one. I wish more companies would provide the batteries. Buying seperate bats for a mod online is just inconvenient. I've always thought that. I used to use an old eVic vt with the racing stripe on it. The battery source was internal. My next mod required me to buy seperate batteries. I didn't like that idea then, or now. Props Ijoy, great idea. I will be using one of these in the near future. Its like Ive been waiting for this.
Yeah, I agree. I enjoy my Captain.

Fantastic detailed review bro

Conclusion:

I have to say that the Captain is very impressive. I absolutely love the battery life I get and I think that in itself is a huge pro and a major reason to just go out and buy this mod. It really does check off all of the boxes for me. Looks, performance, 30mm with no overhang, good TC, battery life, great screen, and a huge firing button. I mean what more could you possibly ask for? I also have to give Ijoy tons of credit for being the first big mod company to mass produce a 20700 mod. I love the fact that they knew the 20700 battery was hard come by so they decided to do their own and include them in the kit. Ijoy gets big ups from me for taking the lead on this. As a vaper it's great to see new batteries being developed and companies taking advantage of those improvements. Hopefully we will see a lot of the popular mods reintroduced in 20700 form. The Captain is resoundingly DeucesJack approved. Just go get one, you won’t be sorry.

Pros & Cons:

A note about Pros and Cons. These are my Pros and Cons. They are very subjective. What may be a pro to me could be a con to you and vice versa.

Pros:

* 20700 mod
* Batteries included
* 18650 adapter
* Great big screen with lots of info
* Handles 30mm atomizers with no overhang
* Solid construction
* Huge firing button
* Nice battery door
* Quality finish
* Discreet branding
* Simple menu system
* Upgradeable
* Good TC
* Innovative
* Battery life
* Works extremely well with big high wattage tanks
* Going to be available in a ton of colors

Cons:

* No Aromamizer Plus for me
* No venting
* Tough to read screen in direct sunlight
* Takes long to charge

Specs:

* Dual 20700 High-Amp Battery
* Optional Dual 18650 High-Amp Battery w/ Sleeve Adapter
* Maximum Wattage Output: 234W
* Minimum Atomizer Resistance: 0.05ohm
* Temperature Control Range: 200-600F
* Ni200 Nickel , Titanium, and Stainless Steel Compatibility
* Vertical Display Layout
* Intuitive OLED Display
* Oversized Square Firing Mechanism
* Adjustment Buttons Below Screen
* Hinged Battery Door Cover
* Short Circuit Protection
* Overcurrent Protection
* Overvoltage Protection
* Overcharge Protection
* PTC Protective Circuits
* MicroUSB Port
* Spring-Loaded Stainless Steel 510 Connection

Different Sized Tanks On The Ijoy Captain PD270:

The Aromamizer Plus:
a4f6a48d8be67c767c20af00ef42501f.jpg

The Cigpet Eco 12:
8651856f310f818a1b92aa31db259bf8.jpg

The Ijoy RDTA 5:
b9c36064a68b58f6b347cd495bbb044d.jpg

The Joytech Pro Core Aries:
2d074626e4e489de3e404c419223dde0.jpg

The Vandayvape Kylin:
15d64761452cb353943fc36f9a9c6886.jpg

The BMI Nova:
59f9febb8e22df5e5a0485529bbbee2a.jpg

The Cigpet Eco RDA:
2783a929c05cc05116750fbb1c2e2168.jpg

The Vandayvape Icon:
95d0d3e4ff992776a11a27b5a8849fe5.jpg

The Smok TFV8:
70a6feaac8f67379a3bd3eada43b8d4d.jpg

The Wotofo Serpent Mini:
505d6ef25c5e607b994b1688593092c3.jpg

The Smoant Battlestar RTA:
e9fdb0c493716ab62cbf00fcabc2275e.jpg

The Vapeston Maganus Cloud Blaster:
39996642c259483c4e0549dab01068bb.jpg

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got mine today and it's MARVELOUS!! It makes my other mods look obsolete. I still got to try alot of things but I have confidence in this Captain. The Sub-ohm tank does really well for me at 70W. Im using the pre-installed.3Ohm single coil.
0621172121.jpg
Paid $73 minus shipping for both.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Got mine today and it's MARVELOUS!! It makes my other mods look obsolete. I still got to try alot of things but I have confidence in this Captain. The Sub-ohm tank does really well for me at 70W. Im using the pre-installed.3Ohm single coil.
View attachment 84905
Paid $73 minus shipping for both.
That's a beauty, enjoy! I'm digging the Captain tank. Just got it a few days ago.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Great review, I went ahead and bought one after a few months on a VIP crapbox. Mine came with the TFV8 Big Baby. I'm loving the flavour and taste of this! Using 70% VG Grand Reserve, chugging at 55w and FLOATING ON THE CLOUDS! However, I do have one issue that I'm not sure about: It keeps changing of its own accord.
I go to bed after a good toot, wake up and go for a hit and BANG! It's changed its qualities, gives tongue burn, and needs to be fiddled with again to get it back to how I liked it, yet the settings have not changed. I notice there is a M1 and M2 button - but no explanation in the vague instructions as to what to do with them. Are these memory buttons? This mod is fantastic and I love it and want to eventually move into coil building but I would like to know how to get it to stop changing after long periods of not using it. Any thoughts anyone?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's a beauty, enjoy! I'm digging the Captain tank. Just got it a few days ago.

Me too, I think it's one of the best Sub Ohm Tanks on the market. Blows away the Crown 3.

HI there,

was there any response from iJoy regarding the not firing issue with Aromamizer Plus? I want to buy this combo, but your observation troubles me and I cannot find something relevant any here else.

Thanks.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
HI there,

was there any response from iJoy regarding the not firing issue with Aromamizer Plus? I want to buy this combo, but your observation troubles me and I cannot find something relevant any here else.

Thanks.
Yes their response was I had a pre release version. I have seen other vapers use a Plus on it so I think it was addressed. Any other Captain owners feel free to weigh in.

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yes their response was I had a pretty release version. I have seen other vapers use a Plus on it so I think it was addressed. Any other Captain owners feel free to weigh in.

My rainbow one arrived like 2 days ago. I'll try it on then. I know they did make some fixes to the 510. They contacted me after my review and i told them how it should be and they seemed to do just that, but honestly it was likely DJL telling them the same thing they listened to. I know he held off on his review for a while well they made some fixes on it with his feedback

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey bud, I have a request for advice. My girlfriend is a lot of amazing things, but she is quite hard on..., well, everything. She's in the market for a new mod after an unfortunate incident with her Alien. Since I'm the resident vape guru (between the two of us anyway), naturally she asked what to purchase. My thinking goes immediately to the new Geekvape Aegis due to its high standards of durability. At the same time I really want to include the Captain as a potential candidate. Although battery life is not her biggest concern, I think she'd enjoy it more than she realizes (battery life I mean). Have you had a chance to look at, handle, or otherwise fondle the Aegis? Are there any other mods that you can recommend?

I'd say her priorities are as such-

Durability
Ramp/power (power less so, she typically uses a Smok Tfv8 Baby Beast, but is very interested in an rda and I'll build her some great exotic coils for it)
Ease of use
Locking of buttons not including the fire button
Looks/finish (she may be a badass, but she's still a woman!)
Size

Also, it would be a huge bonus if whatever batteries used would work with her Nitecore i2 two bay battery charger.

I'm probably forgetting some things, but I'm exhausted. :)

Thank you very much for this, and all of your reviews. You already know that I'm a big fan. ;)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for the kind words. Very happy that you enjoy my reviews. I did have an Aegis for a couple of hours. I'll be totally honest here. The one they sent me was not water proof. To be totally fair I think the vendor sent me a used sample. I had no shrink wrap on mine and there was some extremely slight atty rash with some other light scratches on the mod. So god only knows what the last person that had that mod actually did to it. I am waiting on a new pristine, unused one. I took the mod to the pool with me and it did not survive a 10 second dunk. Battery got wet and the mod would not turn on or fire. I am not condemning this mod at all. I have seen the torture tests on YT but I can only comment on what I was sent and the mod they sent me was not water proof. We'll see how the new unused one fairs when I get it. For all of my latest reviews check out https://www.vapinginsider.com/reviews/ my content there is updated on a weekly basis and from now on it is where I will be dropping the bulk of my reviews.

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Amazing review man! I don't even want to put mine up now lmao :facepalm: I was just about to post and saw you had one up so I had to check it out first! You nailed it man my thoughts exactly. This is a damn nice device and I can't put it down. It's a pain to carry around sometimes but well worth the hassle. Btw that aromamizer plus is crazy huge:eek: now that I can see it compared to the captain. Whats it hold? 60 ml's? ;)

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Amazing review man! I don't even want to put mine up now lmao :facepalm: I was just about to post and saw you had one up so I had to check it out first! You nailed it man my thoughts exactly. This is a damn nice device and I can't put it down. It's a pain to carry around sometimes but well worth the hassle. Btw that aromamizer plus is crazy huge:eek: now that I can see it compared to the captain. Whats it hold? 60 ml's? ;)
Thanks man, appreciate that. The Aromamizer Plus holds up to 20 mls with the extension kit.

Grego

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
How is the captain holding up? I had one that stopped working, it would read no atty or pcb board to hot. The mod was returned to seller. My question is wait till they restock or go with store credit and get something else. Like a tpriv or Voo poo. The bummer is I just received two Sony 20700s as the mod died. Anyway thanks for the review

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How is the captain holding up? I had one that stopped working, it would read no atty or pcb board to hot. The mod was returned to seller. My question is wait till they restock or go with store credit and get something else. Like a tpriv or Voo poo. The bummer is I just received two Sony 20700s as the mod died. Anyway thanks for the review
Funny you should ask. I have two pre release models. One I sent to a buddy for review while I reviewed the other. The one I had was fine but the one I sent to my buddy has all kinds of issues. The one I run still works well but the one that my buddy sent back to me is just trash. I still like mine though and it's still going strong.

Grego

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Thanks for the reply. I think I will take a chance on another captain.

Yes their response was I had a pre release version. I have seen other vapers use a Plus on it so I think it was addressed. Any other Captain owners feel free to weigh in.

Just because I asked before I had any of the PD270 or the Aromamizer Plus, after about a month of use I have to report that the combination rocks. No firing issues whatsoever with the Plus.

Thanks again for the time you took.

Attachments

• 20170902_232103_resized.jpg
    20170902_232103_resized.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 13

VU Sponsors