Become a Patron!

I'm convinced but lost!

Alright...

Totally convinced I want to build coils. I really like the idea of RDA but it just wouldn't work for me especially at work.

RTA it is! You win!

I own many tanks with prebuilt coils, I never knew if they were DTL or MTL, Smok TFV16 is DTL, I know that. That's what I'm on now. Great flavor, not a single problem with it.

Is MTL more like a cigarette?

There's a few I've been looking at. I don't think I want a top air flow. I'm sure y'all can convince me otherwise.

The list is

Oumier Bulk RTA 28mm (I like the capacity and mm)
Wotofo profile uniity
And advenken manta v2 a little small but like the looks.

Haaaalp!

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't have any of the mentioned rta's, so no help there. But I do a lot of mtl vaping, and yes, much more like smoking the dl vaping. Good luck with whatever rta you choose.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like top airflow in RTAs. Makes wicking more forgivable and no leaking. For DL I would recommend the single coil Zeuss (could use single in the zeuss x or just the regualr zeuss) and for MTL the new Gas Mods Pallas.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Alright...

Totally convinced I want to build coils. I really like the idea of RDA but it just wouldn't work for me especially at work.

RTA it is! You win!

I own many tanks with prebuilt coils, I never knew if they were DTL or MTL, Smok TFV16 is DTL, I know that. That's what I'm on now. Great flavor, not a single problem with it.

Is MTL more like a cigarette?

There's a few I've been looking at. I don't think I want a top air flow. I'm sure y'all can convince me otherwise.

The list is

Wotofo profile uniity
And advenken manta v2 a little small but like the looks.

Haaaalp!
Yes RTAs are great! I even started making my own alien wires this year.

I didn't enjoy the Unity too much. I prefer the Kylin M for mesh tanks. It's my favorite one.

I have a couple TFV16s too. No trouble here either and they have pretty good flavor. Lots of airflow and vapor. I really think you'd enjoy a Steam Crave Aromamizer Supreme. I have a couple of the version 2's but there's a V3 out now. The postless deck for dual coils works awesome.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Yes, MTL is like a cig. Basically draw it into your mouth 1st, then inhale. DTL tanks usually don't MTL. There are some exceptions.

I’ve never owned either of these.
Peacemaker 28mm. This shows it on Legend with the 9ml bubble. There’s also a 25mm version. Might be hard to find. https://www.ecigclick.co.uk/squid-industries-peacemaker-xl-rta-review/

Blotto 26mm - 6ml w/bubble

Last edited:

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Get an rda and a squonker mod. Rda’s are much easier to build and with a squonker there’s no need for dripping which I’m guessing is why you aren’t choosing it in the first place. I haven’t bought a squonker for awhile so I don’t know what’s out there but the Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2 squonker is probably pretty cheap now and it’s an excellent setup. Then get yourself the wotofo profile and some mesh. Your all set and on your way to flavor town. You can thank me later.

Get an rda and a squonker mod. Rda’s are much easier to build and with a squonker there’s no need for dripping which I’m guessing is why you aren’t choosing it in the first place. I haven’t bought a squonker for awhile so I don’t know what’s out there but the Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2 squonker is probably pretty cheap now and it’s an excellent setup. Then get yourself the wotofo profile and some mesh. Your all set and on your way to flavor town. You can thank me later.
You sound pretty confident in that answer! I've thought about squonk boxes but I just need to see it in person I feel. But than again it's worth a shot.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll definitely second this. Just where I am at btw. I don't mind dripping, actually enjoy it and can do it at work no problem, so my main for dl. If I can't for some reason, it is always gonna go to a dl squonk for me. I have all but given up on dl rta's. Not that I have tried a ton, but enough is enough for me. The only one I keep in use (not that it is that great, but it always works right) Is the Dead Rabbit. I'm just an rda fan for dl. Build it where you need to, stuff it full of wick, and no worries ;)

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You sound pretty confident in that answer! I've thought about squonk boxes but I just need to see it in person I feel. But than again it's worth a shot.
Totally worth a shot. You can get a load of different great set ups for under $50, and I would find it hard to believe you would say man, I really need an rta.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
If used in a work environment, does your dual battery mods last a day at work or do you have a charger/xtra batteries at work?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Everything is so hard to find now, I'd hardly know what to suggest.

If you already have a bunch of mods and a large Smok tank, your best bet might be a Prince tank with an RBA. They are easy enough to build and the vape would be similar to what you're used to..if you can find a Resa Prince, that would be even better.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Will put in a third vote for squonking & an RDA setup. Can suggest a good starter kit too. It's very passable for doing what you want out of the box. This kit is the one I recently bought & did a quick review on.

The RDA's deck is very similar to the Velocity style decks. Here's a quick pic of what a Velocity looks like.

velocity-v2-style-rda-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer-w-glass-tank-silver-stainless-steel-22mm-diameter.jpg

The RDA for this kit only has one level of post holes though. It also has some pretty large sized screws, which are designed to accept either standard or Philips drivers. A Velocity deck got me genuinely started in building my own coils.

Sure, I tried screwing around with those micro-coils for the ARO and T-Dux style clear-o-mizers. That was for the birds. Found I like building macro-coils having an inner diameter of 2.5 to 3 mm.

For me squonking works out well. Not saying it is for everyone though. You can choose what you want to do. Only my opinion that squonking may be something you find you enjoy.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The main problem with RTAs is finding one that has no serious issues, like, for example, mediocre flavor plus leaking or leaking like a sieve after you wick it so lightly that it actually can produce decent flavor despite that "decent" is going to be subjective of course, but then, I use the best flavor RDAs for DL as my personal reference points in this regard like the Kennedy 2-post 25mm, CSMNT equipped w/ the Shawty Cap (no longer in production and fairly impossible to find), BD2 (20mm Battle Deck by Comp Lyfe) in stainless steel w/ the solid silver post, various RDA options by Purge Mods, the Asgard Mini, and a few others also including several bigger diameter ones like the Valhalla V2 and all sorts of specialty stuff that I usually never talk about on here because a whole bunch of people here get real envious so enormously fast that we must follow mediocrity standards or be faced with big tsunamis caused by tears of desperation.

I actually like it when people call me elitist or put me on ignore after they couldn't handle the fact that I consider this just a hobby and that this is why I think that so many folks take theirself way too seriously on here. Psychologists say that, when people call other people elitist, it's because the former people can't cope with the fact that the latter people are the elite. That just makes me laugh hard. There used to be a more friendly atmosphere when most people would still get it, that a person shouldn't have to keep explaining oneself all the time about why it isn't called holier-than-thou attitude when something like the simplest of the simple high school physics knowledge is applied as an argument in some discussion about something or when it should be trivial enough the fact that things like flavor experiences are part science, part subjectiveness.

That being said, I recommend the Isolation RTA by Deathwish Modz for the fact it vapes more like a high-perf DL RDA and the flavor is right up there. More popular RTA choices like the Manta or the Fatality M25, etc., all are at least one full step behind on flavor. The only other RTA that wows me is the 24mm Reload RTA... out of production and fairly impossible to find. I don't usually squonk because it doesn't allow me to use my favorite mods, and some of my favorite RDAs are not suitable for squonking or else I soon get beyond tired of having to refill the squonk bottle what seems like almost a dozen times per day. I can give you several more practical reasons why I usually avoid squonking. But I'll stop before the double standards police arrives and starts knocking on me with their persistent bias. An unbiased person would have asked you what exactly it is that attracts you about coil building in the first place. What goal you're hoping to achieve with it. As you can now see for yourself, you won't find many unbiased responses here. Which is extremely unfortunate. It's the way of the ivory tower that prevails.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wotofo profile uniity
And advenken manta v2 a little small but like the looks
These are three completely different types of RTAs.

Your first step is going to be determining what you're after from your vape.

If you're mainly looking to get your nicotine and keep away from the cigarettes, then a tight MTL vape with higher nicotine juice is where you're going to end up. If your only experience with vaping has been high power, big clouds, subohm tanks, you may be surprised at how satisfying a low power tight MTL vape can be. Even a decent pod system will deliver that. A couple years ago I couldn't imagine myself every enjoying anything below dual coil, low resistance, high power, cloudy setups.

If you actually do prefer a ton of vapor for the sake of a ton of vapor (which there's nothing wrong with) then you'll end up with equipment that delivers that.

There's other considerations too. Some of which you've brought up already. Convenience, ease of maintenance , battery life and STEALTH. At least in this country, you can't be filling the air with nimbostratus sun blocking clouds everywhere you go :D That's why I have a few small stealthy low power devices I can hit while walking around the store if I feel like it.

There's two unavoidable realities that everybody goes through. The first, as I've said, is figuring out what you ultimately want out of your vaping experience.

That first one depends on the second one, which would be trying some stuff out.

Actually there's a third, and that may be the toughest one. In order to do this you have to spend a certain amount of money at first. Unless you know a lot of vapors who will let you try theirs. If you wind up loving the hobby like most of us around here, that can turn into a lot of money :D however, just to stay tobacco free, it doesn't have to cost much at all compared to cigarettes.

The bottom line for now is figuring out what you ultimately want from vaping. Like I say, you have three RTAs here that are very different from one another.

Last edited:
The main problem with RTAs is finding one that has no serious issues, like, for example, mediocre flavor plus leaking or leaking like a sieve after you wick it so lightly that it actually can produce decent flavor despite that "decent" is going to be subjective of course, but then, I use the best flavor RDAs for DL as my personal reference points in this regard like the Kennedy 2-post 25mm, CSMNT equipped w/ the Shawty Cap (no longer in production and fairly impossible to find), BD2 (20mm Battle Deck by Comp Lyfe) in stainless steel w/ the solid silver post, various RDA options by Purge Mods, the Asgard Mini, and a few others also including several bigger diameter ones like the Valhalla V2 and all sorts of specialty stuff that I usually never talk about on here because a whole bunch of people here get real envious so enormously fast that we must follow mediocrity standards or be faced with big tsunamis caused by tears of desperation.

I actually like it when peope call me elitist or put me on ignore after they couldn't handle the fact that I consider this just a hobby and that this is why I think that so many folks take theirself way too seriously on here. Psychologists say that, when people call other people elitist, it's because the former people can't cope with the fact that the latter people are the elite. That just makes me laugh hard. There used to be a more friendly atmosphere when most people would still get it, that a person shouldn't have to keep explaining oneself all the time about why it isn't called holier-than-thou attitude when something like the simplest of the simple high school physics knowledge is applied as an argument in some discussion about something or when it should be trivial enough the fact that things like flavor experiences are part science, part subjectiveness.

That being said, I recommend the Isolation RTA by Deathwish Modz for the fact it vapes more like a high-perf DL RDA and the flavor is right up there. More popular RTA choices like the Manta or the Fatality M25, etc., all are at least one full step behind on flavor. The only other RTA that wows me is the 24mm Reload RTA... out of production and fairly impossible to find. I don't usually squonk because it doesn't allow me to use my favorite mods, and some of my favorite RDAs are not suitable for squonking or else I soon get beyond tired of having to refill the squonk bottle what seems like almost a dozen times per day. I can give you several more practical reasons why I usually avoid squonking. But I'll stop before the double standards police arrives and starts knocking on me with their persistent bias. An unbiased person would have asked you what exactly it is that attracts you about coil building in the first place. What goal you're hoping to achieve with it. As you can now see for yourself, you won't find many unbiased responses here. Which is extremely unfortunate. It's the way of the ivory tower that prevails.
"Psychologists say that, when people call other people elitist, it's because the former people can't cope with the fact that the latter people are the elite. That just makes me laugh hard." I also gave a chuckle at that.

Hobby, yes, also it helps me not smoke cigarettes. I like to try new things. I like to fuck things up also. To be in a learning curve and to succeed I believe to be a great feeling. Ill try anything once... Almost anything.

So what the hell. Ill buy an RTA and RDA a squonk and for the sake of buying things left and right, I might just throw in some prebuilt coils because triple mesh suuuuuuuuucks.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The main problem with RTAs is finding one that has no serious issues, like, for example, mediocre flavor plus leaking or leaking like a sieve after you wick it so lightly that it actually can produce decent flavor despite that "decent" is going to be subjective of course,
Oh now hold on a minute here bucko :) You know I respect your knowledge alot so don't take this as a confrontation at all.

I'm pretty sure you know this, but this is a generalization. Yes RTAs are not as simple to wick as RDAs, but especially in the last couple years it's not hard to find some that are quite easy and provide first rate flavor.

I have some top shelf RDAs and they do provide the very best flavor of all. I wouldn't dispute that. However, now that I think of it, I have some bargain bin RDAs that aren't too far behind, but that's another story.

When set up right, which takes noobs some practice, I have RTAs that are nipping right at the heels of my best RDAs for flavor. With either type, coil placement will play a huge role and of course with all the deck and airflow designs out there now there's a whole range of variables in play. Some atomizers vape awesome or lousy just depending on coil placement. (The Themis pops into mind)

This person is just learning though. Getting her settled and pointed in the right direction, in my view, whatever that's worth, is the priority at the moment :)

Well for all you Squonkers posting in here and doing pretty darn well in convincing me.

How you feel about the tc and variable wattage auto Squonk boxes?

Oh now hold on a minute here bucko :) You know I respect your knowledge alot so don't take this as a confrontation at all.

I'm pretty sure you know this, but this is a generalization. Yes RTAs are not as simple to wick as RDAs, but especially in the last couple years it's not hard to find some that are quite easy and provide first rate flavor.

I have some top shelf RDAs and they do provide the very best flavor of all. I wouldn't dispute that. However, now that I think of it, I have some bargain bin RDAs that aren't too far behind, but that's another story.

When set up right, which takes noobs some practice, I have RTAs that are nipping right at the heels of my best RDAs for flavor. With either type, coil placement will play a huge role and of course with all the deck and airflow designs out there now there's a whole range of variables in play. Some atomizers vape awesome or lousy just depending on coil placement. (The Themis pops into mind)

This person is just learning though. Getting her settled and pointed in the right direction, in my view, whatever that's worth, is the priority at the moment :)
.......... Him......

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well for all you Squonkers posting in here and doing pretty darn well in convincing me.
There's that too :) squonking is a bit more fidgety than an RTA, but that will work too.
IMHO I wouldn't worry about TC for now. I love TC for some setups, but again, just my opinion, that introduces a non-essential level of stuff to learn and you're still learning the essential stuff.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

My own preference is for mechanical squonk mods. Do have a regulated one that supposedly has temp control. I do not use temp control. I use wattage mode on it. Not used any of the automatic squonkers. In my humble opinion, an automatic squonking device would curb the enjoyment. Others seem to feel/think otherwise.

I also like mechanical mods for other types of vaping as well. Not really a fan of regulated mods in general. Don't like feeling if one shorts or something goes kaput, a person needs a degree in electrical engineering to fix it, if you even can. Mechanical mods are usually pretty straight forward and simple to fix if there's any problem.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
If you've decided on squonking, I doubt you'd get much disagreement from anyone here about a recommendation for an Asgard Mini RDA.

I have mine on a Dovpo Topside Dual. If you don't mind mods with some size and weight to them, the Topside Dual is a great mod. Dual 18650. But then the regular Topside or the Topside Lite are good also, and are single 2x700 mods.

The Asgard Mini, if you use the beauty ring that comes with it, is a pretty large RDA, so it looks well placed and proportional on a Topside Dual.

Flavor for days on the Asgard, you can build it either single or dual coil, and the Topsides have the easiest and least messy squonk bottles of any mod out there, imo.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry if I'm repeating somebody else. I haven't had a chance to read all the other comments yet. I probably should do that before commenting myself lol.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh yeah. Auto squonking. Not a fan myself.

I think it's a solution in search of a problem.

My personal reasoning in this regard.
1. What's the big deal with squeezing a squonk bottle (or in some cases pushing a button) aside from just learning how much to squonk?

2. Going along with number one, with some exceptions, most of the people I see who have an auto-squonking mod put more effort into getting it set right, if they ever do, than is worth not having to squeeze a bottle or push a button.

3. I don't care what they say, it uses the battery. Not worth it to me to avoid a squeeze or a button.

4 and probably most importantly for me, it introduces an entirely unnecessary point of potential failure. Another thing, both electronic and mechanical, to go wrong.

I'm not gonna go to the mat with somebody who loves their auto-squonking mod, but that's my reasoning :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I doubt you'd get much disagreement from anyone here about a recommendation for an Asgard Mini RDA.

*goes and looks it up, ... looks* "It's a, it's a, it's a," ... Caddy! Looks really nice. Might even appreciate the semi-postless deck. I just kept getting confused on how to build (build even :facepalm:) for postless decks. *chuckles* I know, it ought not be so difficult. Um, this is me though, fumble fingers. Have to let my wife build a Tiny Demon Killer for me.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let me ask @LilBoSheep this question. And it's not a trick or critical question at all.

What makes you ask all these questions about all these different types of equipment?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you've decided on squonking, I doubt you'd get much disagreement from anyone here about a recommendation for an Asgard Mini RDA.
For a dtl flavor banger the Asgard Mini is pretty tough to beat for sure. I've only ever used mine as drippers on my mech tubes, but I imagine it's a great squonker too.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
*goes and looks it up, ... looks* "It's a, it's a, it's a," ... Caddy! Looks really nice. Might even appreciate the semi-postless deck. I just kept getting confused on how to build (build even :facepalm:) for postless decks. *chuckles* I know, it ought not be so difficult. Um, this is me though, fumble fingers. Have to let my wife build a Tiny Demon Killer for me.

You just have to locate the peek insulator that surrounds the positive part of the deck. Put one leg in that part, and one leg in the other part. Orient so that there's somewhere for cotton to land to soak up juice. Easy peasy.

A coily tool makes things easier for postless decks, because most of the time the instructions will tell you what length the legs should be. But you can always build with the legs long (but the same length), stick them in the holes, and eyeball how much needs to be removed to get the coil at the right height. And you already know how to determine what the right height is.

Let me ask @LilBoSheep this question. And it's not a trick or critical question at all.

What makes you ask all these questions about all these different types of equipment?
I've been off and on vaping for probably like 5 years. It doesn't help much that my lady still smokes butts. I try my damdest though! I've had nothing but pre built coils and never had the intention of building coils.

I still have my kangertech evod vv with the tank.. paints chipping sadly.
I don't have my imod or ibox can't remember what it was. That was my first one.

After giving up for a long time..smoking butts again... I wanted to get back into. I feel personally that it might be easier for me to really really quit cigarettes if I have something to work for, ie. Coils!
I've been doing well this past year though. Hell I've probably saved like $400 and spent it on different mods! Damn you mods!

There's DNA mods, there's mech mods, squonk mods pod systems. So many!

I hope that somewhat answers your question.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
You've been using the TFV16 @ 110w?
Do you still smoke some too?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like someone is on the route of getting shinyitis.
Am I right :D

Sometimes you can just tell. Some folks show up here and just wanna learn how to get off the cigarettes. They get some advice and in a week or two they're gone. Np problem. They got what they need and we're glad to help.

Then you have some once in a while that are all curious about EVERYthing.

"Oooo, what does this do, looks cool. Oooo what does that mean, sounds interesting, Oooo, what do you guys know about _______________. etc."

Those are usually the ones who a year later have 20 mods, 30 atomizers and wire, tools and trinkets all over the place

You've been using the TFV16 @ 110w?
Do you still smoke some too?
I occasionally have like a half a cigarette. Usually at night.

I think it's so difficult because I can't pick my flavour....but I might have... "Said that 2 weeks ago" also

Currently Nomenom x2 cactus jack fruit and madarin

Am I right :D

Sometimes you can just tell. Some folks show up here and just wanna learn how to get off the cigarettes. They get some advice and in a week or two they're gone. Np problem. They got what they need and we're glad to help.

Then you have some once in a while that are all curious about EVERYthing.

Those are usually the ones who a year later have 20 mods, 30 atomizers and wire, tools and trinkets all over the place
Yeah...I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's me to a T

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I occasionally have like a half a cigarette. Usually at night.

I think it's so difficult because I can't pick my flavour....but I might have... "Said that 2 weeks ago" also

Currently Nomenom x2 cactus jack fruit and madarin

Don't worry. We can help you learn to make your own e-liquid, too. o_O

Don't worry. We can help you learn to make your own e-liquid, too. o_O
Oh holy hell. What am I getting myself into!

I'm an easily convinced person..sometimes.. y'all are winning.
I just went from rta to rda in like 2days. Haven't made a mistake or a purchase yet!

Now I've looked at some squonks. I prefer regulated just for the built in protection. I like that idea. I have an ohm meter in case I change my mind.

I've decided that I will buy two rda right off the bat. The Hellvape dead rabbit v2 and the Vandy Vape mesh v2. Both have deep juice wells and read that they are pretty easy to build on. Have y'all seen wire porn? Hot damn!,

Topside dual is calling my name. Top fill 10ml dual batteries c'mon!

But

I like my geekvapes and geekvape has the aegis squonk. That right there sells me.

Than again

Lost Vape Drone utilizes the Evolv 250c chipset. I've read great things about that...or I buy all 3. Damn you mods! I won't buy all 3. But I've got like 6 shops around me and only 2 had squonks, unregulated.

All of you have been great through this whole ordeal and this has been an awesome and informative thread. At least for me.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
All the above comments are correct , so I am going to add my $0.02.... I would start out with a good single coil rta and some prebuilt coils. The destiny by Hellvape is easy to build and wick, another is the Steam Crave Aromamizer Supreme v3. A bit more expensive but well worth it. This will get you to the rabbit hole......Good Luck :devil::devil:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, after about five years I'm finally up to about eight maybe ten mods. Think I might have that many RDA as well. :) Taken me so long because I usually run a bit behind finance wise.

Got a decent custodial job, least I hope, after first of the year. Give my wife money for whatever. She gets the lion's share. I might take $50 to $100 out of a $200 - $400 paycheck. Me and her don't worry about money. No point worrying if you not got, no point worrying if you do. Currently we are aiming to save a bit back for our own place, but as said we don't worry about money.

A whole world of fecal matter else to worry over to let money be a worry. For example, just what if we go to bed and the sun decides to explode? How can we plant more trees?

Will probably be buying up some more mods, RDA. Buy wire from TEMCo, who seem to have wired into my brain and know what I'm ordering even before I do. They send me wire a week before getting funds cleared via Paypal I kid you not. Get flavorings via Bull City Flavors. Batteries from IMR. Most of my mods and RDA from Fast Tech a.k.a Slow Tech, Slow Boat.

Yes, it began with asking questions. Despite what some may tell you, I still ask questions.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
"Psychologists say that, when people call other people elitist, it's because the former people can't cope with the fact that the latter people are the elite. That just makes me laugh hard." I also gave a chuckle at that.

Hobby, yes, also it helps me not smoke cigarettes. I like to try new things. I like to fuck things up also. To be in a learning curve and to succeed I believe to be a great feeling. Ill try anything once... Almost anything.

So what the hell. Ill buy an RTA and RDA a squonk and for the sake of buying things left and right, I might just throw in some prebuilt coils because triple mesh suuuuuuuuucks.
During my first vaping weeks my only worry was to just keep my setup working normally, to try and avoid unexpected problems that might happen with it. Like, learning to drip my RDA on time to avoid dry hits, learning to avoid overdripping, learning to vape long enough beforehand to avoid cravings, learning to count drops of 0mg juice right on top of the coils each time after counting drops of 6mg always first to avoid nic harshness, and also to temporarily lower the nic strength in this same manner to avoid getting nic sick from chain vaping, and learning to properly rewick.

Unlike most other people, I never smoked normal cigarettes between vaping "sessions"─what they call "dual use" or being a "dual user". To me, it means that I managed to skip, completely, the gradual transition stage or struggle between smoking and not smoking. My observation has taught me that people who struggle to quit smoking for the fact that vaping does not satisfy them equally as much as smoking does are people who face a greater potential risk of falling victim to a total relapse back to smoking, despite a lot of them eventually have won this struggle. Another observation of mine is that those who did fall victim to permanent relapse are not here. They have abandoned vaping altogether so why should they come here to voice their opinion on vaping or about anything vape related? I mean, nobody likes to admit in public places like this one that their own personal attempt at vaping became a failure, and, they aren't going to gain anything much by telling us their story. In a sense, I'm the exact opposite to them. Like so:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A lot of times when people ask the kind of questions you're asking, a year later they have 20 mods, 30 atomizers and wire, tools and trinkets all over the place :D
Only 20 mods and 30 atomizers? After an entire year? That's not conservative anymore. That's pitiful. :p

VU Sponsors