Become a Patron!

I'm convinced but lost!

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's there. In more than 1 place. I'm sure you seen it and just chose to try to find something, refutable.... And no, its not hard to see.
As for the rest
:tldr:
No, it's not there. Instead, what's there is this sentence, highligted in green for people like you:
Due to the complexity of this coil, it is handmade.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I only ask that those who deliberately choose to make biased decisions as for what they prefer should stop trying to convince others that "what's good enough for me because it has worked for me should be good enough for everyone else that it WILL work for everyone else". It will NOT work for everyone else.

So why not stop it yourself?

To be clear let me place this here.

What I'm doing: Posting my opinion based on my experience vaping.

What you're doing: Posting your opinion based on your experience vaping as well as berating others.

I do not see much difference. I do though when I see you belittle others. There's no need of that. As pointed out everyone has their own opinions, biases. That does and will not change.

This is a public forum where all are free to discuss their views. No one view is the absolute correct view. I'm well aware of that and do not try imposing my view. I simply post it and usually with the disclaimer, try it yourself, find what suits you.

On the other hand you keep posting yours and trying to tear everyone else's views down. Sorry it doesn't work out for you.

Am I supposed to pity you? Sorry. I don't even afford myself pity, how can I pity anyone else? And yes, I'm serious and honest regarding that. I haven't gotten as far in life as I have pitying myself. That's not what survivors do.

So yeah, why don't you stop it yourself seems like a germane question.

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
No, it's not there. Instead, what's there is this sentence, highligted in green for people like you:
Due to the complexity of this coil, it is handmade.
ppl like me lmao :tantrum:
That's been changed within the last month. They would still be part machine I would think.
This is also new...
Screenshot_1.png
......which is BS.
Won't stop me from recommending AVS though. That will give you something to do that pleases you.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So why not stop it yourself?

To be clear let me place this here.

What I'm doing: Posting my opinion based on my experience vaping.

What you're doing: Posting your opinion based on your experience vaping as well as berating others.

I do not see much difference. I do though when I see you belittle others. There's no need of that. As pointed out everyone has their own opinions, biases. That does and will not change.

This is a public forum where all are free to discuss their views. No one view is the absolute correct view. I'm well aware of that and do not try imposing my view. I simply post it and usually with the disclaimer, try it yourself, find what suits you.

On the other hand you keep posting yours and trying to tear everyone else's views down. Sorry it doesn't work out for you.

Am I supposed to pity you? Sorry. I don't even afford myself pity, how can I pity anyone else? And yes, I'm serious and honest regarding that. I haven't gotten as far in life as I have pitying myself. That's not what survivors do.

So yeah, why don't you stop it yourself seems like a germane question.
I've been a member here for almost 4 years now. The only person I've blocked is the guy I see you having a one-way conversation with. I believe I did it within a month or two of joining. The only one...

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm well aware of that and do not try imposing my view.
If this is so true, then care to explain why you try imposing your view that I berate others? I never said that the fact a person can be satisfied with what I call a mediocre vape experience makes his/her personal preference inferior. Rather, I already explained in my first reply to this thread that personal preferences are subjective by nature, and that, therefore, when talking about a vape experience (any vape experience), everyone can safely omit the "IMO" and "IME" simply because it should be trivial the fact that it is subjective by nature. See how that backfired on you? If not, I'll take back what I said about stopping. Instead, I'll ask you to keep digging the deep, deep hole you've been digging yourself into. Enough said.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
ppl like me lmao :tantrum:
That's been changed within the last month. They would still be part machine I would think.
This is also new...
View attachment 173830
......which is BS.
Won't stop me from recommending AVS though. That will give you something to do that pleases you.
Well as far as I can tell your avatar is green also so, just read between the lines heh... :D if you call a cordless drill a machine, then a lot of aliens are going to be part machine, but that would also be (over)stretching the meaning of logic I guess. :p

I find that vaping loosely spaced aliens compares to drinking a pop soda gone flat or whisky with ice cubes melted. There is no fierce crunchiness as for how the vape feels, and, subtleties in the flavor are drowned out so I can't "connect" to what little richness in detail still remains to be savoured... makes me enter a state of mind that I can only describe as being blasé. That's also one of the downsides of me being HSP. In case you don't already know what the HSP abbrev stands for, it stands for Highly Sensitive Person, which some 20% of human population are. People who are HSP have been proven to discern subtleties that others can not discern. That is not an opinion BTW. That is an observation backed entirely by science. You can fact-check by googling "HSP" in case you don't believe. Being HSP has its pros and cons like everything in life. It makes me enjoy tight aliens more intensely, but on the flip side it also means that loosely wrapped aliens leave me stone cold so I have to walk the extra mile of getting ones that are tight. Then again, I can build those myself. Albeit I'm a lazy fucker. But I've been getting them for free enough times to last through the next pandemic for sure so, I'm not too worried. ?‍♂️

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I find that vaping loosely spaced aliens compares to drinking a
I've never heard of that one before. Not everyone has super taste buds and strives for perfection like you. I can't squonk all the time because there's such a thing as flavor over load. I prefer variety. AVS aliens are awesome BTW.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've only blocked 3 people. I pride myself for getting along with others but I can't stand a few people here ? . The forum is so much better when they're invisible to me.

Yeah try getting along myself. Dislike being bullied, or seeing others bullied though. Can see the point though.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've never heard of that one before. Not everyone has super taste buds and strives for perfection like you. I can't squonk all the time because there's such a thing as flavor over load. I prefer variety. AVS aliens are awesome BTW.
What do you mean, super taste buds? I have no super taste buds I don't think. In fact I think super taste buds are terribly overrated so you can safely stop trying to berate me in this manner, as HSP has got nothing to do with anything like that AFAIK. Neither does striving for perfection BTW. And, speaking of perfection... rumor has it that people don't need to be perfect to still be able to google what HSP factually means. For the record here, I'm not trying to berate you for your inability to google. Merely I am observing that inability. ?

Flavor overload is not a problem to me. That's due to the fact a lot of the satisfaction I get from how I vape also comes from how the vape feels like. That part of the vape experience adds the potential to offload my gustatory receptors and the part of sensory processing that responds to flavor. Further, sensory perception is crossmodal. If you don't know what it means, then go on google again, heh... the crossmodal part of flavor perception that has to do with the feel of the vapor is where I get more variety from, and, anyone who has been reading my posts already knows that I keep bringing up the importance of things like the choice of atomizer used for pairing with a given coil build, the level of power, the amount of restrictiveness in airflow, speed of inhalation, warmth of the vape, wetness, density, and texture. By changing these factors, I create additional variety. As you probably could have guessed, coil construction also has a major impact on these factors.

In another thread I saw you compare aliens to fraliens. I mean, had there been no added variety to be had from making these types of comparisons, then why would anyone be bothered to compare them anyway in the first place? I don't diss fraliens nor berate people who prefer fraliens instead of aliens. To the contrary, I share your view that, at least in general, aliens tend to vape a little bit better than fraliens. But that hasn't stopped me from also concluding, that sloppy type aliens do not. Based on the same type of comparisons as the ones mentioned above. But do I really have to keep re-re-re-explaining the simple fact that they are the same type of comparisons? What makes these comparisons fair is to not fall victim to the bias that results from making all sorts of ridiculous conclusions, like, conclusions from people who will insist that there exists such a thing as a linear relationship between wattages and the hotness level of the vape.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don't need to explain what is evident in itself. Excuse this reply. Enjoy your stay on ignore.
What is evident is that you blatantly try to impose your view on others by inferring that your ignore list should be relevant to this discussion about building coils.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've been a member here for almost 4 years now. The only person I've blocked is the guy I see you having a one-way conversation with. I believe I did it within a month or two of joining. The only one...

It isn't hard at all for me to envision the day that he's here, blathering on like the know-it-all bitch that he is, and NOBODY sees him.

My fuse is short. Didn't take much.

@MyMagicMist peeking is never a good idea. Just saying.

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Alright...

Totally convinced I want to build coils. I really like the idea of RDA but it just wouldn't work for me especially at work.

RTA it is! You win!

I own many tanks with prebuilt coils, I never knew if they were DTL or MTL, Smok TFV16 is DTL, I know that. That's what I'm on now. Great flavor, not a single problem with it.

Is MTL more like a cigarette?

There's a few I've been looking at. I don't think I want a top air flow. I'm sure y'all can convince me otherwise.

The list is

Oumier Bulk RTA 28mm (I like the capacity and mm)
Wotofo profile uniity
And advenken manta v2 a little small but like the looks.

Haaaalp!
Wouldn't try to convince you of anything, only sharing my own trek. I too decided way back in 2013 that I wouldn't be satisfied with vaping unless I was building coils. The little disposable Kanger cartos just weren't cutting it! Also knew from the start that RDAs aren't for me (other than their utility as taste testers), even though my initial rebuildable was a Fasttech RDA the brand of which I've long forgotten. I guess I just don't live an orderly enough existence to handle open attys. My gear lives in dirt, gets upside down, gets grabbed and shoved into pockets, and most often gets vaped without looking while driving (...looking while driving... :) ). I need tanks, at least until I figure out how to grow two more hands.

My initial building adventures were on Kayfun V2 clones bought from FastTech, the kind with tiny two post decks, plastic tank sections, and bottom fill ports with tiny screws to unscrew. The threads on my mods would wear out in two months with those things. Truly the dark ages of RTAs, but at least I learned how to spin a tiny single coil out of 24g kanthal, and fundamental wicking skills. Understand, Kayfuns were the apex of technology at the time, but not for me, never for me. I hated all their drawbacks, but it's what was available to me at the time!

As the tech improved, I ventured on. When dual coil/dual post rigs hit the market, I started successfully building on those decks. I remember trying in vain to stuff 3mm claptons into Griffins and Aromamizer V2s. The game-changer for me was the SMOK Cloud Beast (TFV8), which just simplified everything to the point I no longer had to focus on the finicky-ness of whatever I was building on and just focus on coils instead. My original TFV8 is still in daily use, though its lovely green anodizing is mostly gone now, rubbed away by the sheer amounts of handling it's received. Not to sound like a SMOK rep or anything, but their RTAs are simple, cheap, and they last. I've had great luck with the TFV12s too, so were I to recommend anything, it'd be a TFV12 RTA kit with the dual and triple coil decks, so you can screw around with triples too. Go wherever you want from there, but that's a good starting point.

TFV 8 (formerly green anodized) and 1st gen Fuchai mod, in their 4th year of daily use:
IMG_0500[1].JPG

Last edited:
Thank you Jambi, I saw a post in "what did you that's vape related today" and someone posted a link to Smoks tfv18 and it looks like there is an rba coming with it. I have the v12 and 2 16's I do enjoy the smok tanks, only the 12 I seem to have a leaking problem with.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you Jambi, I saw a post in "what did you that's vape related today" and someone posted a link to Smoks tfv18 and it looks like there is an rba coming with it. I have the v12 and 2 16's I do enjoy the smok tanks, only the 12 I seem to have a leaking problem with.

Unless you have an o-ring problem, I bet if you'll "burp" the TFV12 tank it will stop leaking.

Refill your liquid like this:

1. Close airflow.
2. Open top and fill with juice.
3. Close top.
4. Turn whole tank upside down and open airflow. You might want to put a tissue or paper towel over the drip tip.
5. Wait about 15 seconds.
6. Turn tank right side up and put on mod.
7. Vape for at least 5-10 draws right away.

This helps to set the vacuum right in the tank .

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Unless you have an o-ring problem, I bet if you'll "burp" the TFV12 tank it will stop leaking.

Refill your liquid like this:

1. Close airflow.
2. Open top and fill with juice.
3. Close top.
4. Turn whole tank upside down and open airflow. You might want to put a tissue or paper towel over the drip tip.
5. Wait about 15 seconds.
6. Turn tank right side up and put on mod.
7. Vape for at least 5-10 draws right away.

This helps to set the vacuum right in the tank .

Reminds me in a way of having to blow out excess juice in the ARO, T-Dux clearomizers. They would lose vacuum seal and leak out the bottom from the air holes. Seemed counter intuitive to blow air through a tank to create vacuum. It worked though as this would help re-seat the o-ring/s around the coil assembly/ies.

Simple process. Get your clearo in your hands not on a device. Wrap vaper towel around the bottom, blow hard a few times into the attached drip tip. Observe the gross looking juice coming out on the vaper/paper towel. Discard vaper towel, turn clearo upside down for a few seconds, put back on device, vape on.

Apparently the excess juice would in general be gunk. That in turn presented as debris which could/would push the o-ring/s free. Then, you'd have leaks.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ooooh boy does burnt cotton taste awful!

what do you mean?

Don't get discouraged if you jack up your first couple attempts one way or another. I know I sure did :D

Those look fine, though maybe a little crooked. Tough to tell with the cap on. Also, did you dry fire to get the hotspots out.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Well, good news everyone! I built my first coil. Granted she's just a baby and ooooh boy does burnt cotton taste awful!

I want to thank you all for your advice and your knowledge!

I think they are very nice looking coils for your first try.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
ooooh boy does burnt cotton taste awful!

dd79897fa25246b28dadef6ba494b479--vaping-book-jacket.jpg

Nah, c'mon tell us how you really feel. *chuckles*

But, remember the Master ...

62536476f5862ee6603af5a0fb0198c7--print-t-shirts-crazy-funny.jpg

Agree too, those look like some nice coils.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
One of the first coils I built, I set the cotton on fire. So I figure anything that doesn't catch fire is pretty ok. :)

Just kidding. Your coils look good, look carefully wrapped and wicked. You'll do fine. :)

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
For a first attempt so long as it produces vapor....IT'S A SUCCESS.
Now just keep building. Practice practice practice.

Thanks guys and gals! I had this bright idea to buy 40g but it's about at thin as hair and can't see it... My idea was to twist some together make a braid and wrap the braid around 28g. Only been thinking about it for a damn week!

what do you mean?

Don't get discouraged if you jack up your first couple attempts one way or another. I know I sure did :D

Those look fine, though maybe a little crooked. Tough to tell with the cap on. Also, did you dry fire to get the hotspots out.
Lol...I might have been a little over zealous and just went to town. IDK, theres mixed feeling about dry firing kanthal... I mean I didn't get it red but I burned the metal just a tad to get smoke

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One of the first coils I built, I set the cotton on fire. So I figure anything that doesn't catch fire is pretty ok. :)

Just kidding. Your coils look good, look carefully wrapped and wicked. You'll do fine. :)
HAHA! I did that too :D

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol...I might have been a little over zealous and just went to town. IDK, theres mixed feeling about dry firing kanthal... I mean I didn't get it red but I burned the metal just a tad to get smoke
You won't hurt kanthal dry firing it. In fact I think a lot of folks are over cautious with dry firing in general. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying to lean on the button for longer than it takes to work out the hot spots, but it takes quite a bit more than a bit of glow to harm your wire or yourself.

Nickel and Titanium require a bit more caution, but even then, it's not like if you go a half second too long it's dangerous.

When I first started I saw a youtube video where somebody was annealing some wire, I think it was SS, with a butane torch to get the spring out of it. (which works btw) Glowing it up and down. Then when it's on the mod warning about letting it glow too much. :huh:

I'm thinking to myself: "Dude, you just had a torch on that wire."

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You won't hurt kanthal dry firing it. In fact I think a lot of folks are over cautious with dry firing in general. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying to lean on the button for longer that it takes to work out the hot spots, but it takes quite a bit more than a bit of glow to harm your wire or yourself.

Nickel and Titanium require a bit more caution, but even then, it's not like if you go a half second too long it's dangerous.

When I first started I saw a youtube video where somebody was annealing some wire, I think it was SS, with a butane torch to get the spring out of it. (which works btw) Glowing it up and down. Then when it's on the mod warning about letting it glow too much. :huh:

I'm thinking to myself: "Dude, you just had a torch on that wire."
With SS 316L, being extra cautious is the way to go, and, with titanium, you really need to make perfectly sure that it doesn't develop a layer of tinanium oxide, which, as a matter of true fact, would be highly poisonous to inhale, so... if you don't know how to handle it correctly, then stay away from titanium wire, because it will be dangerous.

Kanthal A1 gives me a metallic taste if I don't dry fire it long enough before the first use. Dry firing it repeatedly, over the course of many minutes while ensuring to not overheat the build deck of your atomizer actually is a helpful tip I learned from squidoode (The Art of Vaping on YouTube). By comparison, Nichrome 80 is just so much less cumbersome in every way... the only big worry that can be is if you are allergic to nickel. Also, you want to avoid the type of Nichrome 80 that contains iron, to avoid getting a metallic taste from that as well. But Kanthal is cheaper so it can still be used for practicing techniques, or use it as the core wire of your clapton that you need to decore when building aliens or fraliens, for example. But the thinnest Kanthal wire I have is 28g, as I never saw the need to use Kanthal for anything else except the cores. And I never use SS 316L, because, at best, it is 10× less durable, you can't dry burn it like you can Nichrome 80, and it heats up a tad slower than Nichrome 80, anyway in the first place, so... SS 316L just colors nicely, for making a pic that you can then post on instagram... where people can go in order to become truly famous within the popular domain of marketeering through financial sponsorhips and get a fuck ton of free shit as reward from various many hardware manufacturers.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
with titanium, you really need to make perfectly sure that it doesn't develop a layer of tinanium oxide, which, as a matter of true fact, would be highly poisonous to inhale, so... if you don't know how to handle it correctly, then stay away from titanium wire, because it will be dangerous.
I worked on an open die 1500 ton press, steel forging crew some years ago. We forged glowing hot 1000 pound bars of titanium and had all the safety documentation there. I saw plenty of that pale yellow titanium dioxide. (it's actually DIoxide in this case) powder.

No, you don't want to inhale it, but it's pretty easy to avoid in the context of vaping. Just don't over do it when preheating. If you get that yellow powder, you overdid it. You won't be able to, miss it. :)

Also the cotton/juice will ignite far sooner than Ti coil wire will be hot enough to produce titanium dioxide while actually vaping it.

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
@LilBoSheep How's it vaping? how do you like the RDA, the mod, and compared to your sub ohm...?

Build looks good. For that RDA, ideally you want the ends of the coils even with each and centered to air flow, and for that one I invariably need to push at least one back/forth to get them to line up, get one positioned to air flow far enough away from ultem and line up the second to the 1st.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep that was me posting about it. I pre ordered 2 of them tonight. I'll probably be waiting for mine while others already have them ? .

That RBA looks like it'll perform well. It looks like one solid airflow tube right up the middle. I plan on trying single coil in mine. I guess I'll have to wait and see though.
1606205527518.jpg
I love to collect RBAs for the tanks I have.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I worked on an open die 1500 ton press, steel forging crew some years ago. We forged glowing hot 1000 pound bars of titanium and had all the safety documentation there. I saw plenty of that pale yellow titanium dioxide. (it's actually DIoxide in this case) powder.

No, you don't want to inhale it, but it's pretty easy to avoid in the context of vaping. Just don't over do it when preheating. If you get that yellow powder, you overdid it. You won't be able to, miss it. :)

Also the cotton/juice will ignite far sooner than Ti coil wire will be hot enough to produce titanium dioxide while actually vaping it.
Titanium oxide is the generalized term referring to the whole group of oxides, that also includes the other oxides that also contain the titanium element so nothing is technically wrong with using that description, to keep it short as to not be over-specific, to avoid unnecessary confusion. Recently in another discussion about batteries you were basically telling me to not get too deep into all sorts of techy details in order to keep it short, when fact was that I had kept my explanation very basic, and had refrained from tacking on any bloat so, you had me wondering, essentially WTF? The in-depth explanation why it is being referred to as titanium oxide in this easy context is simply because the word 'dioxide' usually reminds the lay people of carbon dioxide, which, at room temperature is gaseous so it tends to confuse these people, when there is no good reason to confuse. :D

The bottom line is, it's dangerous if you don't know how to handle titanium wire correctly... the very last thing we need is to get yet another lung crisis on our disinfected hands so pardon mon français and besides, who still uses titanium wire in coil building these days, anyway in the first place? It is finicky like hell in California during a firestorm of major cataclysmic proportions... it's a dinosaur among metal types to be using for coils, and, dry firing it the wrong way can actually even cause the coil to suddenly explode while vaping on it. ?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Titanium oxide is the generalized term referring to the whole group of oxides, that also includes the other oxides that also contain the titanium element so nothing is technically wrong with using that description, to keep it short as to not be over-specific, to avoid unnecessary confusion. Recently in another discussion about batteries you were basically telling me to not get too deep into all sorts of techy details in order to keep it short, when fact was that I had kept my explanation very basic, and had refrained from tacking on any bloat so, you had me wondering, essentially WTF? The in-depth explanation why it is being referred to as titanium oxide in this easy context is simply because the word 'dioxide' usually reminds the lay people of carbon dioxide, which, at room temperature is gaseous so it tends to confuse these people, when there is no good reason to confuse.
Of course it doesn't make any actual difference to the substance of the discussion at hand if we call it titanium oxide, titanium dioxide, or titanium shortcake. It was just a friendly jab. We do it here all the time among friends :) It was in no way intended as an attack on any level.

I'm not gonna be able to along with you on titanium wire. I've been using it with great success for TC for the last 2 years and I know I'm not alone. I'm also not going to get into why here. That would definitely turn into an unnecessarily technical discussion for this thread.

@LilBoSheep How's it vaping? how do you like the RDA, the mod, and compared to your sub ohm...?

Build looks good. For that RDA, ideally you want the ends of the coils even with each and centered to air flow, and for that one I invariably need to push at least one back/forth to get them to line up, get one positioned to air flow far enough away from ultem and line up the second to the 1st.
I actually am a big fan. Granted I replaced the coil and cotton after one day cause I want to try new things. VERY FRUSTRATING! Hahaha. But I compared my sub ohm to the asgard, rda has way more flavour but the vapor production I'd say is about the same. Cotton might be a little to tight at the moment. I did dry fire last night and worked out hot spots so the second round was much much better than the first.

I'm contemplating buying a bigger rda with posts, I like the look and it seems to be easier for placing coils. I even tried just it as a regular drip and, and, and, huge fan. It wasn't actually as trouble some as I thought. Driving and vaping is the only issue it really poses to me.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well, update. Third coil in three days. Haven't tested yet but ohms at .27 and I did two 28g kanthal twist... I watched a video on how to make a clapton..............I kept breaking wires. I'm gonna run out so fast. View attachment 174298

See if that twisted wire spits at you a lot. Every time I've tried to use twisted, I just get spit and sputter until I lose my patience with it.

See if that twisted wire spits at you a lot. Every time I've tried to use twisted, I just get spit and sputter until I lose my patience with it.
Also just gonna try to drip it. I tested dripping earlier with vapetasia pink lemonade and it was literally like fruity pebbles - the milk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I kept breaking wires.
What do you mean, breaking? If it snaps, either it's because you're using shitty swivels or it's because you need to lower the tension, as you only need to apply enough force to keep it snug... or else it's the combination of both. If the core wire snaps right at the chuck of the drill, try wrapping a piece of painter's tape (masking tape) around that end, and insert it into the chuck in such a particular way that the taped part is sticking halfway out of the drill so that the tape acts as a cushion between the wire and the beak of the drill.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I'm contemplating buying a bigger rda with posts, I like the look and it seems to be easier for placing coils.
If you don't already have one a coily tool is handy for postless decks.
There are different shapes. Makes it easy to just drop it in, put a finger on it and snug it up.
For Asgard Mini I cut at 6mm.

Yeah I did have the drill pulled pretty tight from my swivel...

I was looking on amazon at those. I probably should get one.

With this wick I can actually pull it out of the coils, with a little force. The other setup. Yeahhhhh not so much. I also found that it might be a good idea to see how everyone wicks theirs, it helped. Internet, much wow .

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
From 2:14 to 4:00 is how I like to prepare my cotton:

BTW, I don't actually scrub it with my fingernails or anything like that... just keep rubbing it in one direction on all sides while at the same time also pausing a few times to peel off anything that doesn't want to cooperate, to make it look and feel more like all the cotton fibers are starting to get aligned somewhat. You'll also notice that, the longer you keep on rubbing, the thinner the piece will become, because you are gradually causing it to be more stretched out some. So, as for those spots where it feels like it's still a little bit thicker in comparison to how it should feel like according to you, rubbing in those spots more numerous times will help with getting the correct thickness all along the entire length, albeit I don't really focus too much on the specific part of it that will not be pulled through the coil nor will be pulled inside it, as I can still always thin that part out later anyway─after the tails are cut.

After I cut the tails, I gently thresh out anything that can be threshed out by not actually pulling on it. I know a lot of people just comb out the tails, like almost raking them instead, but I also know that you can do a far better job than they can... I just know that you can. :)

Cotton is like a type of natural philosophy, or Zen. The brand named UD (Youde) makes a handy little tool called a Cotton Hook, and that I very highly recommend:

2702401-4.jpg

VU Sponsors