Become a Patron!

I'm in a bit of a bind here

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've completely quit myself and wife is down to 0 nic and we have plenty of tobacco flavoring for her, but I need to make for my daughter and have a few questions. First, I was getting my nic from wizardlabs, but just found out they're out of business. Where is everyone getting their nic (salts) from? Second, my daughter wants me to mix her a watermelon vape, but she uses pods. From what I remember watermelons have a tendency to crack plastic, but some must be safe since there's still watermelon pods. So which watermelons are safe? Last question, she wants to try green apple 'ice'. Not mint flavored, just ice. Not my thing so I've no clue if ice is plastic safe. If it is, which brand?

One last thing not really a question, just looking for recommendations. I was using Bull City Flavors as my secondary, and will probably use them as my primary now (unless the salt source also does flavors). Where is everyone getting their flavors from now?

TIA

zakumadness

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I agree with nicbase and bull city!

As for the tank cracking questions. (Some of this will be off of memory from years ago) I remember there was a list at one point on eliquid recipes. That had a warning for tank cracking liquids. If I remember right stuff like Cinnamon, citrus and few others were big culprits.

I personally haven't had a problem with watermelon and plastic...I remember flavor west had some flavors that were warnings. A main difference between now and then...a disposable pod vs a plastic, acrylic or ultem tank back in the day that you reuse. Unless you are using some caustic stuff it should be ok...I haven't ran into any problems DIYing over the last few years. Unless your concern is from plastic particulates in the inhale....much like the ceramic, wire type, sweetener, diacytl...I guess it's what you feel comfortable with

Green apple ice. "Cold" will come in two forms...menthol and koolada (or ws23 as well) koolada is typically what is used to make iced

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've gotten from nicbase (delosi) and bullcity. It may depend on the pod, some pods are being made out of different plastic now. The tank crackers were eating the older polycarbonate plastic tanks. Things like the voopoo pnp pod uses pctg, it's a different type of plastic more resistant to heat and harsh flavorings.

For icy flavorings it's worth trying both ws23 and koolada, they're different. The cold they produce is different and koolada I've found can add an odd aftertaste. I could be wrong but I think that's the one that has little chill on the inhale but like a delayed cooling effect on the exhale. Ws23 is just ice like menthol without the mintyness. Menthol will have its own mentholated flavor. About the only watermelon I've used is flavorah watermelon but it's less of a candy, more of thin watery real watermelon which may not be what you're after.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Haven't tried "cooling" additives but have heard others discuss them. Seems like those who like koolada don't like WS-23 and also the other way around. Haven't tried menthol either because I fell in love with Purilum Butter Mint (it is like a peppermint "after dinner mint") It goes great with fruits. Wayne Walker makes a "one-shot" watermelon flavor Water Malone that I love but you have to get that from liquid barn (who also has White chocolate peppermint that is so good) For apple flavors check out DIYor Die Noted videos:

Last edited:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm not really into green apple but love FA Fuji. I once did some tests with PUR butter mint... many different fruits. Melon was the best but also I had a pre-made green apple that I normally didn't like but it was good with the butter mint so I can see watermelon and green apple being great with "ice".

VU Sponsors