Become a Patron!

I'm Leaking!

Hi guys, new here and pretty new to vaping...

My first purchase was a Kanger Subox Mini, and after a little bit of trial and error I got it going ok with the disposable coils. BUT, I have had some issues with burning them out pretty quick. This is probably because of user error when it comes to treating her right...

Anyway, In protest I tried building the RBA deck that came with it. First try I managed to produce one that gargled and didn't vape at all. Looks like I screwed up the wick insert. So I took her apart again and rebuilt. Both times I got epic amounts of fluid leaking through the air vents at the bottom, so it was pretty much useless. Dismantling and checking each connection didn't fix it and I can't identify any missing o rings, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...

Does the wicking process affect leakage at all or could I have a faulty RBA deck?

Many thanks!

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like you were running wattage too high for the replaceable heads, what resistance head were you using at what wattage?

There are a few threads in here about building and wicking the rba head, a bunch of youtube tutorials on it, take a look and see what they are doing differently.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
If you search Youtube on "busardo", "subox" and "mini", you'll find a long review of the Kanger Subox Mini. At 40-something minutes in he rebuilds the RBA. Looked pretty simple to me.

HTH

Jim

Thanks.

Yeah I had to learn the wattage bit the hard way. I was using 1.5 ohm coils but burning at 20-25 watts from the first drag. I installed another this morning and started at 10 watts and it's been ok so far.

I'll get watching a few more people on Youtube later and see how I get on. From looking again I think I left too much of a gap between the inlet home and the cotton?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can try a lower resistance coil and turn the wattage back up or keep running what you got. Start at 10w and keep upping it a couple watts at a time until the vapor is getting too hot then start turning it down 1w at a time to find your sweet spot.

If the rda head is leaking and your orings are in good condition and placed correctly, it must be how you've wicked it. Wish I could help on that but I haven't used that tank... tons of people here have and there are a few threads on building the rba head in this forum.

VU Sponsors