Become a Patron!

I'm thinking about buying a Wismec Reuleaux.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I am looking for something 200w or better. What I want to know, is how good are they. How long do they last, what problems or issues do they have. This after my 3 month old Ijoy Asolo chip went fubar and Ijoy refused to honor the 180 day warranty they post on their web site. Needless to say I am not buying another Ijoy. ANYWAY...
Im considering switching to the Wismec Reuleaux. Which are the best models and how well do they last.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have five of them, and love them! One is a DNA 200, one is a 200s, but I've found them to be very reliable and well made, with awesome battery life - except for the 200s, which is a battery HOG, lol!

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some have had issues with the length of the 510 pin on certain tanks (SMOK TFV4/8) however I haven't had that trouble.
I have the following;
three RX200 2/3
one RX200s (I agree with @Teresa P they tend to consume battery life a bit faster)
two RX200
I like each one and haven't had any issues.
If you're only after 200 watts, why not a SMOK H-Priv or Alien?
Or better yet, a Hohmtech G2.
Maybe IPV6X
Koopor Primus is triple 18650 and 300 watts.
Just options...

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Some have had issues with the length of the 510 pin on certain tanks (SMOK TFV4/8) however I haven't had that trouble.
I have the following;
three RX200 2/3
one RX200s (I agree with @Teresa P they tend to consume battery life a bit faster)
two RX200
I like each one and haven't had any issues.
If you're only after 200 watts, why not a SMOK H-Priv or Alien?
Or better yet, a Hohmtech G2.
Maybe IPV6X
Koopor Primus is triple 18650 and 300 watts.
Just options...

I'm looking for at least 200W. I have seen a lot of people using the Reuleaux. So wanted to know more about how they last. Im not concerned with battery life, I keep one set in the mod, another on the charger. I would also love to find one that I can order replacement parts, for after the warranty period.
That Koopor Primus looks interesting though.. I like the idea of moving up, so I can get more wraps for clouds.

Last edited:

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I have five of them, and love them! One is a DNA 200, one is a 200s, but I've found them to be very reliable and well made, with awesome battery life - except for the 200s, which is a battery HOG, lol!

How long have you been using them? Hopefully more than the 90 days I got from that Ijoy.
Hell, even my IStick 100W lasted longer, until the pin dropped and shorted. AND I dropped THAT one in the bathtub.. TWICE.. and it still worked (after it dried out)

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have an RX200S and think it's a perfectly nice, serviceable mod. However, it is a relatively inexpensive mass produced Chinese product. Most will hold up well over time. Some will fail early. It's a crap shoot which group you'll be in. If you are in the early failure group, Wismec is not known for its consumer friendly warranty policies.

Nightowl001

Member For 4 Years
I second the Smok H-Priv or Alien as I have both. The Alien seems to be a battery hog though. The H-Priv with the same batteries gets way longer time, almost two full 12 hour days vs about 12 hours with the Alien. Plus, I like the setting to be able to change how it hits. You can change the setting to hit dog, normal, or hard. I have mine set to hard on the Alien, or Max with the H-Priv. Plus Smok stands behind their products. Period! I had an issue with my fire button on the H-Priv, I did not have the receipt, I was sure it was outside the warranty, but when I contacted them they replaced it. I contacted them 3 months out, did not send it in until about 6 months out, and the unit was still replaced. I would have been happy to have mine fixed, but the replaced it with a new in the box unit! Smok stands behind their stuff.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Nightowl001

Member For 4 Years
Oh...and I have dropped my Alien twice now...both 5 foot drops to concrete. It is scratched, but survived like a champ! I could not believe it. The first time I watched it fall. I was like well, that's done for. The second time I just knew there wasn't a chance it was going to survive...but it did!

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have an Alien and quite like it. However, despite being rated "220W", the fact is no two 18650 mod is going to push 200W, at least for more than a fraction of a second. Which is fine, as I never vape at 200W anyway. However, if 200W is a MUST (and not sure exactly why, but that's just me) then a 3X18650 mod is really more appropriate.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Oh...and I have dropped my Alien twice now...both 5 foot drops to concrete. It is scratched, but survived like a champ! I could not believe it. The first time I watched it fall. I was like well, that's done for. The second time I just knew there wasn't a chance it was going to survive...but it did!

Did I mention, I was IN the bathtub at the time? With water.... lol

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the 200S and the 2/3. I love them both. I've dropped them and they work fine. When I say dropped, I drive a Peterbilt and that's about a 5' drop onto concrete. I've had zero issues with either of them. Wismec has been really responsive when I've had questions and even offered a replacement when it turned out there's was nothing wrong with my 2/3, it was user error. Every RDA and every tank have fit perfectly. The battery doors are tricky when you first get them but get easier after a little use. Wismec regularly comes out with updates and I have to say they are super easy to do.

I love both Reuleaux's and for the price, you really can't go wrong. I don't buy expensive mods simply because I do tend to be very rough with them. All my sigeleis have broken and been toast, but I still have all my IPV's and my Reuleaux's and I haven't managed to do more than add blemishes to the finish. They are built like tanks.

I agree with Paratech in that the IPV6X is a great little mod now that the bugs have been worked out. I have 3 of those. I have had my IPV's (going all the way back to the IPV2) much longer than my Reuleaux's. The Reuleaux's I've had for about 4 months. The IPV6X is much more pocket friendly than a Reuleaux. Plus with the new Yihi chips, the DNA's have become nothing special, just expensive, imho. But really you can't go wrong with either of them.

As far as the Alien, it looks super cool. I've heard the firing button has gotten rattly on some. That would annoy me. It's similar in size to the IPV6X. I personally have had bad experiences with Smok and even getting an answer to a question much less getting any service or warranty back up. If you go with the Alien, I would buy it at a B&M that you trust to back the products they sell, because if it does crap out on you, Smok will ignore you.

Last edited:

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I were to buy a dual-battery mod, id go for these:

1. Boxer DNA 133
2. Smok Alien
3. Triade

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Reuleaux 2/3 and i love mine. No regrets!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had my first RX 200 for over a year, no issues, and still one of the strongest mods I have. One of the others has a wonky fire button, but I still use it occasionally, just have to push it up a shade to fire. The DNA 200 was bought used, but I've had it for about five months with no issues. Even the 200S works quite well, I just don't care for the shorter battery life.
@Banshee, is that a UT avatar I see?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We're at home in Pigeon Forge, also UT fans, but also rooting for Vanderbilt cuz the daughter graduated from there...;)

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I get home again I'm going to try the new custom firmware on both my Reuleaux's. A few people have said they have much better battery life after switching to it.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
thanks for the replies and recommendations. I'll prob give the reuleaux a try next. For now... good new.. Ijoy is going to replace my mod! OH MY GOD! Apparently, 2 days after the last message on facebook, someone replied. (that I should contact them via email). *Did that pass unnoticed?? Ohhh nooo it did not! It is however pretty interesting to see what happens when you mention State Administration of Industry and Commerce and CCTV for "san yao wu".

gfdeputy2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have 2 of them one is my daily driver I got it used from here back in March or April & now looks like it's been through a war whole battery door paint is missing & chips & scrapes everywhere still running like a timex watch
the other one is a 200S I have only used it a few times as it is a backup if this one ever dies. They seem dependable but I have found love with my Lost Vape Therion so my next mod will be a DNA200

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had my RX200 for nearly a year and I've never had any issues with it. The 510 sucks but you go into buying it knowing that. Otherwise, it does TC fairly well, tons of power, battery life and now has a pre-heat setting. I use mine around the house or on long drives but there was a brief periods where I actually carried it around.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm looking for at least 200W. I have seen a lot of people using the Reuleaux. So wanted to know more about how they last. Im not concerned with battery life, I keep one set in the mod, another on the charger. I would also love to find one that I can order replacement parts, for after the warranty period.
That Koopor Primus looks interesting though.. I like the idea of moving up, so I can get more wraps for clouds.
i agree with @Paratech. the G2 is probably the best option out there overall. and can be found super cheap. I think a sale is still going for 53 bucks for a new one. It's 171 watts max, but that should be fine. not sure why you would need at least 200 watts. You can blow clouds at under 100 watts with the right builds. the wattage dick measuring contest companies have is counter productive as very few builds would ever need that much wattage. Even the master coil builder here with his crazy ass wires uses the G2 and swears by it. Plus it's practically indestructible. The owner of the company has a video where he runs it over with his car and it still works lol. and it's a US company with great warranty support. 1 year warranty and they are in California and respond fast to emails.

with that said, a 2nd option is you need 200 watts, would be an alien. 220 watts, small, light and works very well. it's a solid mod and looks nice. Much better quality then a wismec rx. It's the old get what you pay for. spend 35 bucks on a mod, don't expect too much. the rx is serviceable if you are ok with the issues. I wouldn't feel good running it at 200 watts though as the internal wiring is thin and the mod will get hot. plus using any non wismec atty voids the warranty, they use it as a cover up for the poo 510 pin. the kooper from smok also has a poor 510 design. don't' worry about popularity. price point and power leads to high popularity, but doesn't equal quality

subvapor

Member For 4 Years
Iv had the rx200 for awhile now and it's still doing good. Just got the rx2/3 and like it alot to. The rx200 has an update to increase wattage to 250 and adds a pre heat mode. If you truly want to hit 200 watts make sure to use the 3 batterys when it comes to the rx2/3.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i agree with @Paratech. the G2 is probably the best option out there overall. and can be found super cheap. I think a sale is still going for 53 bucks for a new one. It's 171 watts max, but that should be fine. not sure why you would need at least 200 watts. You can blow clouds at under 100 watts with the right builds. the wattage dick measuring contest companies have is counter productive as very few builds would ever need that much wattage. Even the master coil builder here with his crazy ass wires uses the G2 and swears by it. Plus it's practically indestructible. The owner of the company has a video where he runs it over with his car and it still works lol. and it's a US company with great warranty support. 1 year warranty and they are in California and respond fast to emails.

with that said, a 2nd option is you need 200 watts, would be an alien. 220 watts, small, light and works very well. it's a solid mod and looks nice. Much better quality then a wismec rx. It's the old get what you pay for. spend 35 bucks on a mod, don't expect too much. the rx is serviceable if you are ok with the issues. I wouldn't feel good running it at 200 watts though as the internal wiring is thin and the mod will get hot. plus using any non wismec atty voids the warranty, they use it as a cover up for the poo 510 pin. the kooper from smok also has a poor 510 design. don't' worry about popularity. price point and power leads to high popularity, but doesn't equal quality

Actually the warranty part is untrue. I just had issues with my 200S USB charging and when I contacted Wismec, they responded quickly and then emailed me a form to take to where I bought it so they would issue me a replacement. The form guaranteed the shop that Wismec would send them a replacement if the exchanged the 200S for me. Not one time did they ask about atty's or batteries. In fact they asked for a picture of the issue and my Atlantis was on the 200S.

Not trying to argue, just stating my experience, as I actually own 2 of their mods.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Actually the warranty part is untrue. I just had issues with my 200S USB charging and when I contacted Wismec, they responded quickly and then emailed me a form to take to where I bought it so they would issue me a replacement. The form guaranteed the shop that Wismec would send them a replacement if the exchanged the 200S for me. Not one time did they ask about atty's or batteries. In fact they asked for a picture of the issue and my Atlantis was on the 200S.

Not trying to argue, just stating my experience, as I actually own 2 of their mods.
That's cause it was a USB issue. If it was a 510 issue it would be different

https://m.reddit.com/r/electronic_c...v4_and_other_atomizers_damages/?compact=false

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe, maybe not. The point is I needed a warranty replacement and they were responsive and took care of it. You don't even own a Reuleaux, you're only going off what others have said. None of mine have had 510 issues. Mine has never gotten hot from thin wires. I run mine between 110-130 watts and have never felt it get hot. It doesn't matter what mod you pick, someone has had bad luck or an issue with it. I only speak about mods I've owned and have hands on experience with. But that's just me.

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also as far as the link you posted, I regularly use the TFV8 (by Smok) on all my Reuleaux's and have had no issues. They fit perfectly. That leads me to believe that Reuleaux corrected the issue when they made the 200S and 2/3, since the link you posted was specific to the RX200 which is their older model.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe, maybe not. The point is I needed a warranty replacement and they were responsive and took care of it. You don't even own a Reuleaux, you're only going off what others have said. None of mine have had 510 issues. Mine has never gotten hot from thin wires. I run mine between 110-130 watts and have never felt it get hot. It doesn't matter what mod you pick, someone has had bad luck or an issue with it. I only speak about mods I've owned and have hands on experience with. But that's just me.
9fbda3662133008e7d5105a6dd2932bd.jpg
I agree with you as I've had the black RX200 since it's first release and had the Cyan RX200s for about 3 mos..No problems with the 510 pins, no problems at all actually..
Great mods, love'um!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm glad your happy with it. I'm not staying it's a bad mod. Just not something I'd recommend. I could easily have one if I wanted. It's a 35 dollar mod it's not like I can't afford to have it, I choose not to. I work in the generator/electrical construction industry. Makes me a little picky with things like this. Plus I like to support companies who do good by their customers. Many were turned down for warranty. You can always look at the threads here. I have a friend who has one too and he likes it. Hasn't had issues either but that's a small sample size. Pretty much every wismec product I have or have seen always feels full of shortcuts. Now if they made one that was great I'd buy it right away. I can care less of the companies name, but IMO wismec makes poor quality stuff. Where a company like geekvape or hohmtech generally makes good quality stuff. And smok with their tanks. Sigelei used to make great mods. I swore by them, then they went downhill and now their mods are no good. Many people love the fuchai 213 but again not a mod I'd recommend. I don't know why your obsessed with changing my opinion. You have yours, I have mine, nothing wrong with either but the way you talk about it makes it sound like you work for them or something lol.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Also as far as the link you posted, I regularly use the TFV8 (by Smok) on all my Reuleaux's and have had no issues. They fit perfectly. That leads me to believe that Reuleaux corrected the issue when they made the 200S and 2/3, since the link you posted was specific to the RX200 which is their older model.
All the rx mods including the dna are the same wiring and 510. No changes. Says so on the top comments of the link

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm hardly obsessed with changing your opinion. Don't flatter yourself. I think when you go on and make comments about an item you personally have not owned, then really you're just repeating what you've read online. I'd rather hear from people who have hands on experience instead of quoting the internet. As far as you owning, I really could care less about your financial situation. I never said you couldn't own one, I said that you didn't. There's a big difference there. There are just as many, if not more, people who like these mods as there are who've had bad experiences. If I was going to pretend to be the all knowing expert, I could quote people who don't like the Alien, but I don't. To each their own, but you seem deadset on bad mouthing a mod that you don't have personal experience with. How many posts is it now where you've gone on dogging Reuleaux's? I've never said they were perfect, but for the price, they are a great option for a lot of people. I also love all my IPV's and have had no issues with any of those, including the 6X.

And since you seem to want to imply that finances had anything to do with what I said, if I wanted a $200 mod, I could easily get one anytime I wanted. Hell I could have several. I have a custom unregulated mod that was $150 and I don't care for it. I prefer to buy cheaper mods since I tend to buy one almost every week lately. Just how I roll. Just because it's different than how you do things doesn't make it wrong.

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well if the 510 hasn't changed, then why is it people aren't having the same issues with the new ones?

Again, there you go quoting the internet over actual experience.

Did you miss where that link was to the older models, not the 200S or 2/3???

Etown smoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well I'll throw my 2 cents in. I've had 2 rx200 for almost a year now and I'm very impressed. Mine have taken a shit kicking and look beet to shit but still work great. Best mods I've bought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
You don't have to take my word on it. Listen to this dude. Best reviewer on youtube. Goes into detail runs test shows charts disassembles just a great reviewer. Skip to 54 minutes if you don't feel like watching the whole thing. If anyone is to be trusted it's this dude.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=0_S0_eElHwM

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's really all a mute point. The OP found a mod that he liked and that's awesome. We all have different goals, needs and likes when it comes to vape gear. I hope the OP loves his new mod. It looks like he found something that has everything he wanted and then some.

It just frustrates me when people want to comment about something they have no personal experience with. When I read things on the internet, I take them with a grain of salt and not as gospel. Now as far as the Alien, @SirRichardRear loves his and I'm tempted to order one. But I trust his opinion on THAT mod because he owns one and has hands on experience with it.

I stand behind what I've said about the Reuleaux's and the IPV's that I've owned. I have no reason to say good things about them that aren't true. My experience has been excellent.

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@SirRichardRear, I don't trust people on the internet as much as I trust my own personal experience. Just saying. Maybe I am the absolute luckiest vaper ever to walk the earth since I've had great experiences with Wismec customer service, my Reuleaux's and my IPV's... or maybe this guy is just another self absorbed douchebag that likes to hear himself talk... idk and idc. My experience with the above mentioned gear has been great. That's all I've relayed to people who ask. For the price, they are great devices and there's many people that think so, whether it's Reuleaux's, IPV's, whatever. I bet there's tons of people who live sigelei products and I would never own another one of those again. Mine was junk. There are people who will only own DNA devices and swear by those.

My only point is, you are repeating others opinions as opposed to having hands on experience and forming your own and then proceeding to tell those of us that have hands on experience and like the mods that we are wrong.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
It's really all a mute point. The OP found a mod that he liked and that's awesome. We all have different goals, needs and likes when it comes to vape gear. I hope the OP loves his new mod. It looks like he found something that has everything he wanted and then some.

It just frustrates me when people want to comment about something they have no personal experience with. When I read things on the internet, I take them with a grain of salt and not as gospel. Now as far as the Alien, @SirRichardRear loves his and I'm tempted to order one. But I trust his opinion on THAT mod because he owns one and has hands on experience with it.

I stand behind what I've said about the Reuleaux's and the IPV's that I've owned. I have no reason to say good things about them that aren't true. My experience has been excellent.
The problem is I don't need to. I can look at a computer design and see if it's not good without owning the computer. I can look at an engine and see if it's good without owning a car. Why would a mod be different? I've seen profession engineers building houses make huge mistakes that were clear as day by looking at drawings. Why is a mod different? If I go out and by one how does that make my opinion anymore valid? It's a forum were all here to share opinion and info. And to help new people. We will have differing opinions like the whole fsk vs dna debate lol and we're all entitled to express them. And then people can read and decide. If you do ever want to learn a little more about mods I recommend that chanel. That guy is awesome. He's the one who exposed the temp control and power lies on the fuchai 213

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh I agree we are all here to help and you and I always tend to debate each other, but it's all in fun or at least it is for me and hopefully you as well. Like I said, I trust your opinion on the Alien and I'm tempted, but I have others that I want too, so trying to decide how many I can reasonably own and use before it becomes an obsession rather than a hobby. Lol... I'm pushing the limits already. Keep in mind that I drive a truck so I have to carry everything back and forth between home and the truck.
I just know it's going to irk the shit out of you if I get an IPV8. Lol jk.

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As far as that YouTube channel, I'm sure the guy is smart and knows what he's talking about but I've just gotten so sick of the YouTube so called "experts" and the asinine videos that they make... slurping on a vape and then blowing a cloud to start every video... ugh.

Really the issue at hand is QC or lack of it in these overseas companies. It would be great if there was more consistency in their products so we could conclusively say an item is either good or bad, but as it stands there's so much variance in quality that it's a crap shoot whether you will be lucky and get a good one or screwed with a bad one regardless of the name on the box. All these companies have the same QC issues. I hate Sigelei after owning one, but there are many who love them and swear by them. Surprises me, but I guess I was unlucky that time.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Oh I agree we are all here to help and you and I always tend to debate each other, but it's all in fun or at least it is for me and hopefully you as well. Like I said, I trust your opinion on the Alien and I'm tempted, but I have others that I want too, so trying to decide how many I can reasonably own and use before it becomes an obsession rather than a hobby. Lol... I'm pushing the limits already. Keep in mind that I drive a truck so I have to carry everything back and forth between home and the truck.
I just know it's going to irk the shit out of you if I get an IPV8. Lol jk.
Not at all. Yihi boards are excellent I'm sure the ipv8 will be awesome. The 6 was a fluke. Like samsung. Great phones except the note 7. I never owned a note 7 but I sure wouldn't recommend it lol. Love my s7 edge though. And I never recommend iphones. They are crap lol

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
As far as that YouTube channel, I'm sure the guy is smart and knows what he's talking about but I've just gotten so sick of the YouTube so called "experts" and the asinine videos that they make... slurping on a vape and then blowing a cloud to start every video... ugh.

Really the issue at hand is QC or lack of it in these overseas companies. It would be great if there was more consistency in their products so we could conclusively say an item is either good or bad, but as it stands there's so much variance in quality that it's a crap shoot whether you will be lucky and get a good one or screwed with a bad one regardless of the name on the box. All these companies have the same QC issues. I hate Sigelei after owning one, but there are many who love them and swear by them. Surprises me, but I guess I was unlucky that time.
This guy isn't like that at all. He tests everything shows the results disassembles the mods goes into details. He's awesome. He does hour long reviews not 10 minute loud obnoxious ones lol.

Plus if it wasn't for interest experts we would be using shit batteries. Mooch is a God send to the vaping community with his battery tests. Without him wed be using shit batteries labeled at 60 amps that are really 10 amps lol. Some Internet experts are really trust worthy and have earned trust in the vaping community.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

Easy.. Im pushing massive coil builds for clouds. It takes a lot of wattage to heat 16 wraps of 20ga wire

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Easy.. Im pushing massive coil builds for clouds. It takes a lot of wattage to heat 16 wraps of 20ga wire
That is a lot of surface area to heat up lol

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't think I've ever used 200 watts even when I was regularly building coils for my RDA's. I'm more of a flavor person. The big clouds are fun, but quality of flavor is what I'm after. Especially when I was spending a shit ton on juice just for it to literally go poof in the air. That grew old for me super fast. It was more of a novelty and frankly just looks obnoxious in public. I hope your blowing those big clouds at home because that's what makes people look down on us is when we do that shit in public. Just saying...

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I don't think I've ever used 200 watts even when I was regularly building coils for my RDA's. I'm more of a flavor person. The big clouds are fun, but quality of flavor is what I'm after. Especially when I was spending a shit ton on juice just for it to literally go poof in the air. That grew old for me super fast. It was more of a novelty and frankly just looks obnoxious in public. I hope your blowing those big clouds at home because that's what makes people look down on us is when we do that shit in public. Just saying...

I started building for clouds as a hobby, to have something to do other than think about smoking a cigarette. So I found out there were actual competitions for cloud chasing and cloud chucking was a real thing. I have never been IN a competition, except with myself and between various build, but its amusing as hell. Now some of my cloud build would make hard core competitors laff their butt off. Until they see what I am building on. Like a cloud build on a 6-16 watt epen battery... (My smallest wattage cloud build was 8 watts on a kanger toptank rba). Now, however, I am building like Dr. Vapenstein. (Hmm dayum.. thats a good forum id, eh?) building 4+ coils. I have a kennedy clone coming.. so gonna try quad kissing coils. (basically, an 8 coil build) Muwhahahahahahahahaaaaaaahaahaaaaa---cough, hack, choke, cough....haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... It's ALIVEEEEEEEEEE....
Sorry. Got carried away there..

Flavor coils are next on my to do list. Now that i have some wire and 3x reading glasses. Building flavor coils is like knitting with frog hair. Wrap with 42ga stainless steel? WTH? I'd be better off training a spider to do it for me..

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just because I have a 200w
mod it doesn't mean I have to vape at 200w...I mean my RX200s has 1-200w available..good for vaping a RTA at 50w or cloud chasing at 125w+...it's nice to have that extra power available if I need it, and I like getting almost 2.5 days on a single charge using 3 batts..
Love my RX200 mods, just sayin

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors