Become a Patron!

I'm trying to understand temp control.

djj624

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just have a couple of questions about it. I have a sigelei 150tc with a smok tank. As for temp control can only nickel coils be used or can titanium or stainless be used as well(I think the sigelei only uses titanium and nickel no stainless)? Also how do joules compare to wattage, and how would I figure out what a good max temp would be?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FALSE

Joules is energy, where as Watt is the power.
OR
Joules = Watt x Seconds
It functions the same... And that's why u don't see a lot of TEMP BOXES with stupid joules... Please don't me techincal on me, this is vaping not physics!

VAPE ON

Last edited:

Valkyrie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Joules and watts are the same

VAPE ON

a joule can be interpreted as the energy dissipated as heat when an electric current of 1 amp passes through a resistance of 1 ohm for 1 second...
a watt second is equal to a joule...
the terms power and energy are often confused

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To get to the other half of the OP's question, I believe the Sigeleis are only doing Ni and Ti right now - there's a workaround for running SS in Ti mode that involves running your temp a couple hundred degrees cold, but I'm not familiar with it. Might be worth some searching...

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
a joule can be interpreted as the energy dissipated as heat when an electric current of 1 amp passes through a resistance of 1 ohm for 1 second...
a watt second is equal to a joule...
the terms power and energy are often confused
Ok they are different,
But in VAPING WORLD they are use in the same function..

VAPE ON

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
the rx200 does ni , ti and ss coils with updates right out of the box any dna200 can be would reqire some advanced ecribe work to make it to your liking

VU Sponsors