Infinite clt v2 problems

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just recently purchased the clt v2 by infinite. Finish is awesome and looks great. Now to the problem, the top cap is so hard to get down. I've used vg, spit, and muscle to get this thing on. It just doesn't want to sit right. The first one I received was so bad I changed orings and sent it back to get a new one. Got the new one and still it's a bitch to get on. Any one else have one? If so are you having the same problems? I wonder if it's just a bad batch. image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    521.7 KB · Views: 11

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I haven't had this problem. The internal top cap does go on a bit snug, but I've always been able to get it on. I'm surprised changing out the orings didn't fix the issue.

Just curious, where did you buy it from?

drunknfoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just lube the o rings with residue off of the dripper after dripping, apply a little, sit the cap on, spin it a bit to spread the juice and insert.
only have to do this once in awhile

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I took one of the two orings off the second day I had it. Easy to install and remove or twist that way.
You don't want to pick up your mod by the drip tip or the top cap can pop off but I don't do that anyway.

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's the bottom of the top cap fqo6, so only one o ring. The place I got it from has been very nice about fixing it so I don't wanna throw that name out there (could do unnecessary harm to company). But they have sent me another one with the same problem. Any body want a good deal for a clt v2

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My bad, didn't see that in the pic.
That is a drag but the vendor is trying, maybe they will send a third?

VU Sponsors