Become a Patron!

Ingested e juice

Kevinor762

Member For 1 Year
i was vaping and e liquid went into my mouth. I couldn't spit it Out so a lot of saliva was accumulating in my mouth so I had to swallow it.
It was 3mg nicotine and I'm scared I will legitimately die.
What should I do?
Go to the er??

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
i was vaping and e liquid went into my mouth. I couldn't spit it Out so a lot of saliva was accumulating in my mouth so I had to swallow it.
What should I do?
Go to the er??

Good lord, that amount is not toxic

Next time just rinse your mouth with water and spit it out anyway

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Hi guys I'm ok I calmed myself down. Luckily I did not go to the ER and I'm not dead.
Thanks for the reassurance.

Maybe instead of freaking out about how much vaping is going to kill you, you put that energy into learning about all the ways it will not kill you and make yourself a more educated vapor so some of your panic fits go away. Speaking frankly you sound like a whiny kid, not a 19 year old man.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe instead of freaking out about how much vaping is going to kill you, you put that energy into learning about all the ways it will not kill you and make yourself a more educated vapor so some of your panic fits go away. Speaking frankly you sound like a whiny kid, not a 19 year old man.
Knowledge is power. Education is everything.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Speaking frankly you sound like a whiny kid, not a 19 year old man.

Old enough to fight in other countries for whatever reason it may be but not old enough to smoke in my neck of the woods. Get out the wooden spool, belt or shoe please.................

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Listen. Where do you think the flavor is coming from when you're vaping? Vaporized juice. Yes, tiny droplets of juice ON YOUR TONGUE. Unless you rinse your mouth out thoroughly after every hit you take, you are "ingesting e-juice."

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With nicotine gum and such you ingest nicotine.
PG and VG are both in items designed to be ingested.
And the flavorings used are designed to be ingested as they are designed to be used in food and beverages.

For a healthy adult if you drank a 10 ml bottle of 3mg ejuice it should not be life threatening in any way.
You may get nausea, nervousness and maybe a headache for a while but otherwise ok after a bit of nic sick wears off

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And the flavorings used are designed to be ingested as they are designed to be used in food and beverages.

Kind of curious about this in a very low key minor way. Had a nurse suggest, "the oils get in your lungs oh yuck, who knows what that stuff does to you."

Flavorings as far as I've seen normally are GRAS for in food you ingest. Sure, I got that. My question then is are they safe for your lungs? My thought is that ingesting them leads them into your bloodstream by your stomach. If you vape and get the flavoring vapor in your lungs, it goes into your bloodstream like the nicotine, absorbed by your lungs.

Is there some magical difference where by these GRAS flavorings leave residual oil/s in your lungs but not your stomach? Are there even oil/s in the flavorings? I know that some are oils, yes. But I don't think any of the oil/s get stuck in your lungs as it seems they too would get absorbed into the bloodstream.

I stay away from cream, custard type of juices and any popcorn flavors. These do worry me a little bit as some vendors might not seek out safer flavorings to use in creating them. I also vape unflavored juice. As far as I know from reading PG and VG are both degrees of inert substances, alcohols that if not absorbed into the body to pass through safely, get evaporated.

All in I think the nurse in particular attempts using scare tactics. To a degree my reading says that is likely, knowing people also says that. Hm, just some thought for food.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Flavorings as far as I've seen normally are GRAS for in food you ingest. Sure, I got that. My question then is are they safe for your lungs?

That is largely an unanswered question.
So many different flavorings and so little research on them being used for inhalation.

I vape 90% Those diketone and A/P infested V1 custard flavors.
Tasty little things those diketones and A/P's

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
What should I do?
Go to the er??
Back in the day, I swallowed a mouthful of Beech Nut tobacco by accident. My stupidity.
And I didn't go crying about it.
Suck it up!

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Consider.. 500 to 1000mg nicotine is considered to be a "leathal" dose..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine_poisoning

now a 100ml bottle of 3mg ejuice has 300mg per bottle.... Oh you would get sick as hell... but you wouldn't die.
I doubt a little spit back is going to affect your life much. lol Considering there are 20 drops per ml.
I actually get a lot more nicotine from a cloud build than you would from a bit of spit back and Im still here. :)

ngstgl

Unlisted Vendor
Nothing, if there is a problem, you have no time to post. 3MG nicotine e liquid is it delicious?

Last edited by a moderator:

LestatBP

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
If ingesting 3mg juice in small doses were harmful, I'd be pushing up the daisies. I always taste about 10 drops of my DIY juice when I mix it, and when I'm filling my tank and it overflows a bit out the hole I just lick it off if I don't have anything handy to wipe it. Hell, I have a DIY espresso ADV I love so much that I stick my tongue in the drip tip to lick the condensation and catch some extra flavor. :coffee2:

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If ingesting 3mg juice in small doses were harmful, I'd be pushing up the daisies.

Lately I have been forgetting to close the fill port or forgetting to screw the top back on a tank where the coil protrudes as high as the drip tip. Gotten mouthfuls of e-Liquid~! Surprise!!

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If ingesting 3mg juice in small doses were harmful, I'd be pushing up the daisies. I always taste about 10 drops of my DIY juice when I mix it, and when I'm filling my tank and it overflows a bit out the hole I just lick it off if I don't have anything handy to wipe it. Hell, I have a DIY espresso ADV I love so much that I stick my tongue in the drip tip to lick the condensation and catch some extra flavor. :coffee2:

LOL! Me, too! I always lick the threads clean when I fill a smaller dropper bottle from the big bottle, and if I get drips on the table while I'm filling... and if some overflows the juice fill holes... I love my juice. :D Hmm... sounds like I'm saying I lick my tank and kitchen table. I don't actually do THAT, but I swipe it with my finger and then lick my finger. ;) Hey, it keeps me from wanting candy, eh? So it's a good thing!

LestatBP

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Hey, it keeps me from wanting candy, eh? So it's a good thing!

Sure! Plus, I made it for a flavor I like and I'm not going to waste it by just wiping it up. I wouldn't suck up halfa bottle, but a few drops won't kill me and it tastes sooooooo good. I think most of us (especially those who DIY) only have juices that we chose because we love the flavors and aromas - and as ex-smokers, we obviously have oral fixations (at least speaking for those I know personally).

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You have to be careful though, about what you wipe up or stick you finger in with e-Liquids. One time I thought I did not dry the graduated cylinder out when I washed it. Decided to stick my finger in to taste the clear liquid. It was PG and that tastes like crap~! Might be the reason I use so little of it?

LestatBP

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
You have to be careful though, about what you wipe up or stick you finger in with e-Liquids. One time I thought I did not dry the graduated cylinder out when I washed it. Decided to stick my finger in to taste the clear liquid. It was PG and that tastes like crap~! Might be the reason I use so little of it?

I know. I did it once in a spot of flavor concentrate when I was making juice. Big mistake. Huge. I swore I burned a hole in my tongue.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I know. I did it once in a spot of flavor concentrate when I was making juice. Big mistake. Huge. I swore I burned a hole in my tongue.

Oh yeah never do that with flavors and I am speaking from experience. Things that are 100 times as strong are not something you ever want to taste. I did that once out of curiosity and it almost killed me~! :gaah::cuss2::tantrum:

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Sure! Plus, I made it for a flavor I like and I'm not going to waste it by just wiping it up. I wouldn't suck up halfa bottle, but a few drops won't kill me and it tastes sooooooo good. I think most of us (especially those who DIY) only have juices that we chose because we love the flavors and aromas - and as ex-smokers, we obviously have oral fixations (at least speaking for those I know personally).
lol. oral fixation? I prefer gingers.

Buddha222

Chainvaping through the fog ....
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I couldn't spit it Out so a lot of saliva was accumulating in my mouth so I had to swallow it.

You may get nausea, nervousness and maybe a headache for a while but otherwise ok after a bit of nic sick wears off

Saliva production and nausea are symptoms of the nicotine ingestion.

In fact, some Native Americans would eat small amounts tobacco during times of famine to ward off hunger pangs.

I know if I was nauseous, I wouldn't be hungry.

Last edited:

Lesleym1

Member For 3 Years
When I got my Blu vape I didn't realise it needed a cartridge and filled it like an ordinary vape so first suck on it I got a mouthful of liquid and I admit I swallowed a bit of it from surprise. The worse thing was the taste

I have an inquiry with respect to the juice. I have vaping juice ingestivle in little amounts that does not contain nicotine. I notised they taste deliscios when vaping and I was thinking about whether they could be blended with water and gellatin to make eatable jelly.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have an inquiry with respect to the juice. I have vaping juice ingestivle in little amounts that does not contain nicotine. I notised they taste deliscios when vaping and I was thinking about whether they could be blended with water and gellatin to make eatable jelly.
You can certainly do that with the flavorings used to make ejuice, as they're food and beverage flavorings to begin with.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everything in juice is food so tell me where you want to start?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

I don't see why not.
I have gotten zero mg eliquid before that was almost too sweet to vape but it tasted damn good.
The flavorings used in eliquid are the same as the flavorings used in food.

I would take a taste first just to be sure.

VU Sponsors