Become a Patron!

Innokin Adept Starter Kit with Zlide Tank 3000mAh

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Adept Starter Kit with Zlide Tank from Innokin. The Innokin Adept Starter Kit with Zlide Tank was supplied for the purpose of this review by Ella from Sourcemore.

https://www.sourcemore.com/innokin-adept...-tank.html

Introduction

The Adept is a collaboration between Innokin, Phil Busardo and the vaping Greek. The device is a member of the Platform series and is an alternative for a beginner or those that like to keep things simple to the many pod devices swamping the market being a full sized mod while having simplicity at it's core. It comes paired with the Zlide MTL tank so the benchmark Zenith coil family are all compatible and included is the 1.6ohm coil and new Plex 3D 0.48ohm coil.

The Adept has an IP67 rating so is tough, durable and waterproof to a point. The device detects the resistance of the coil and depending on if it's above or below 1.0ohm give's a choice of appropriate wattage settings.

The Adept Kit is an excellent MTL option especially for a beginner who prefer going a mod with atty route instead of a pod system but is equally a nice option for other MTL vapers, let's give it a look!

In The Box

Contents:

1 x Innokin Adept Kit
1 x Zenith Z-PLEX3D 0.48ohm Atomizer Head (Pre-installed)
1 x Zenith 1.6ohm Atomizer Head
1 x Set of Spare Parts
1 x Replacement Glass Tube
1 x Micro USB Cable
1 x Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Adept Kit came in the usual cardboard packaging with pull out draw that most Innokin products come in. The device comes with a Zlide tank in a colour that best suits the colour of the device, i received an all Black affair but there are 3 solid colour and 3 design options which are, Black, White, purple, Sky, Ocean and Forest Camo.

The device is quite rounded, that G class shape but much smaller, it also has a soft feeling rubberised finish making it an ergonomic treat. The sealed micro USB port is on the base along with a guide to the wattage settings, up top we have a central 510 plate with special watertight 510 connector. The face has a plastic cover protecting a sparse screen, towards the top is a protruding squared fire button with top lip to make it easy to locate, at the bottom is a smaller rectangular settings button.

As you would expect from Innokin the device is very well made and for more aesthetic detail see the photos!

Zlide MTL Specs and Features:

Size: 22.7 x 45.9mm
Capacity: 2ml / 4ml
Coil: Z coil Range
Includes New: Z-PLEX3D 0.48ohm mesh coil
Easy slide top filling design for effective leakage-proof
Precise adjustable bottom airflow
Child-Proof design
Thread: 510
Colour: Stainless Steel, Blue, Gunmetal, Black

Zlide MTL Tank Overview

The Zlide MTL Tank is a progression of the Zenith Tank and takes the same Z-coils (if it ain't broke why fix it!) which along with the Nautilus coils are very much regarded as MTL benchmarks.

I received the 2ml Zlide but the standard kit comes with the 4ml option, Pre-installed we have the new Plex 3D 0.48 Coil and also included is the 1.6ohm coil, of course there are more options available. Also included is spare o-rings, fill port gasket, screws, spare glass and two 510 drip tips.

The drip tip that's pre-installed has a protruding section at the bottom, this is a child proof feature and stops the top of the tank being slid open to fill, first the drip tip needs removing. For those that really don't want this feature and find having to remove the drip tip every time they need to fill the tank a pain a standard 510 is also included allowing the top to slide open with the drip tip installed, of course you could fit your own if you prefer.

The fill port isn't the biggest so glass droppers are not suitable but gorilla nozzles etc are fine with space left to let air escape so no issues when filling. There is an arrow showing where to push the top to slide open and then once filled slide the top shut.

The airflow control ring has a series of 4 small holes, all 4 open is quite a loose MTL draw while 1 gives a cigarette type pull, 2 and 3 holes open give more mid MTL draws.

The base of the tank houses the airflow control and the 510 threading itself is attached to the base of the coil and feeds through the central hole of the base. Like the Zenith the coils just get press fitted into place making swapping coils very quick.

Adept Specs and Features:

Size: 130 x 43.5 x 30mm (Including Tank)
Battery: Built-in 3000mAh/3.7V
Coil: KA1 Plex3D Mesh Coil 0.48ohm
Resistance Range: 0.4ohm-3ohm
Charge: 2A QC
Maxi Voltage: 5.5V
IP67 Waterproof, Dustproof, Shockproof
Variable wattage adjustment settings
Coil detection
Micro USB and Safety Protections
Thread: 510
colour/Design: Black, White, purple, Sky, Ocean, Forest Camo

Waterproof, Dustproof and Shockproof

The Adept has the same Water and dustproof IP67 rating has the Aegis series of devices so it's very durable and will take everyday knocks without issue. The device has a thick Rubber casing, special sealed 510 connection, Silicone plug for the USB port and all buttons etc have a seal underneath so liquid can't get into the device.

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

Operating The Device

The Adept gives adjustability in the form of different constant wattage output settings but is very simple to use. The device can be turned on and off with 3 clicks of the fire button, switching off is confirmed by 2 Green flashes from the battery indicator icon while switching on is confirmed by the icon cycling through Red, Yellow and Green.

When looking at the base of the device we have two columns of wattage levels that act as a reminder to what the corresponding bars that light up refer too. Towards the bottom of the face of the device we have a rectangular settings button and on the display either one, two, three or 4 bars can be lit up, each press of the settings button lights another bar and takes you to a higher setting.

Below the settings bars we have two icons one to the left that as an arrow also pointing to the left and one to the right that has an arrow that yep, points to the right. When the resistance of the coil detected is below 1.0ohm then the icon to the right lights up purple and the settings are:

1 Bar = 14W
2 Bars = 15W
3 Bars = 16W
4 Bars = 17W

When the resistance of the coil detected is 1.0ohm or higher then the icon to the left lights up Blue and the settings are:

1 Bar = 11W
2 Bars = 12W
3 Bars = 13W
4 Bars = 14W

When vaping the purple icon, setting bar/bars and battery indication icon all light up. The battery indication lights up in a colour corresponding to the current state of the battery:

Green = 60% - 100%
Yellow = 20% - 59%
Red = 0% - 19%

The battery icon also flashes various amounts of times if a safety protection kicks in.

Protections

Over Discharge Protection
Overcharge Protection
Over Voltage Protection
Short Circuit Protection
Overheat Protection
High Resistance Protection
Cutoff Protection

My Experience Using The Kit

The Adept may not quite seem as indestructible as an Aegis for example but it will take plenty of knocks and has the same IP67 water and dustproof rating so still a tough durable mod.

I didn't use the Adept solely with the Zlide tank as it's a tank i know well and the Z-coils even better although the Plex 3D 0.48ohm coil seemed a little lacklustre even at the highest 17W setting, with good but not optimum flavour and while not being a cold vape it feels more warmth is needed. Indeed i then put the Zlide on another mod with the 0.48ohm coil installed and found flavour far better and more warmth at 25W so really not the best inclusion in my opinion. The 1.6ohm coil was much more like the vape i enjoy from the Zlide which for those that have the Zenith i personally find both tanks perform identically, of course there is also many other coil options.

The Adept is also a fully independent mod so other atty's can be fitted, i tried various MTL options with various results with the build i had in the Expromizer not suiting the available wattage options while the build in the Brunhilde MTL Top coiler gave an excellent vape on top of the Adept. So while it can be used with other MTL tanks it will vary build to build, atty to atty how it performs.

I really like the look and rubberised feel (it really is a nice device to handle) and how simple the device is to use, it just took a glance at the base to see the two wattage output columns to work out how this device works, no rocket science involved, that's for sure. I also like the brightness of the settings bars, resistance arrows and battery indicator, the fire button is also easy to find, has a nice click and fires instantly. I also like the 510 solution the atty needs pushing down first but then very few turns needed to have in position, when removing an atty just a couple of turns needed and the 510 springs up to release the tank, very quick.

The battery life really is impressive, it just seemed to keep going but then this is a low wattage device so 3000mAh goes a long way, an external battery would still be better in my opinion but it is the easier option for keeping the device watertight.

The micro USB is sealed well but wish it was type C and hate it's position as i don't like having to lie devices down when charging and although in general i tend to use leak resistant atty's i still feel the need to remove them for piece of mind. The battery status again could of been 4 or better still 5 tiers but it's still fit for purpose with it seeming to stay on Green forever and then Yellow for another eternity and even once on Red it's good notice to get the device charged. I kept loosing track when charging the device to give an exact charge time, in theory at 2A it should take 1.5hours and what i can say it definitely charges in less than 2 hours which is great for such a large battery!

Well made device
IP67 rating
Aesthetically pleasing
Comes in 6 colour/design options
Ergonomic, nice rubberised hand feel
Dedicated MTL device
Gives different setting above or below 1.0ohm coils
Comes with 2 different coils
1.6ohm coil gave great vape and flavour
Z-coils compatiple, plenty of options
Mod can be used with other MTL atty's (performance will vary)
Zlide excellent MTL tank
Colourful, vibrant sparse display
Nice feeling fire button, fires instantly
Watertight, quick release 510 connector
Central 510 plate
3000mAh battery lasts for ages
5V/2A charging (charges quickly)

Cons

0.48 Plex3D coil seemed not at it's best with Adepts settings
Micro USB not Type C
Micro USB port positioned on the base of the device
Limitations on compatibility with other tanks
Battery indication could have more tiers
Would prefer external battery

I would once again like to thank Ella from Sourcemore for supplying the Innokin Adept Starter Kit with Zlide Tank for the purpose of this review.

https://www.sourcemore.com/innokin-adept...-tank.html

Last edited:

VU Sponsors