nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
That does not sound like a good idea to me. Your battery isn't up to the task.

That coil won't vape worth a darn at less than about 35W, and would probably do better at 40+. If I've got my values plugged in right, the Ohms law calculator says that if you were running a coil of that resistance in a single 18650 mech, you'd need about 25 amps to drive it. The fact that you've got a regulated mod does mitigate that somewhat, but you don't want to run your battery as hard as it can go all the time.

My gut feeling is, that's a big no. At least get a better battery, please.

One of these folks around here who understands Ohms law better than me, if they chime in with a different opinion, I'll gladly stand corrected.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok... so this might be a short thread. I understand that even though it's a 60 watt regulated mod, using a 10 amp battery is still a bad idea.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It is regulated so you should be safe. But your battery life is gonna be shit.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Id say get some 25r cells or something. Theyre cheap. Like 5$ a pc

Last edited:

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Or p28a cells and then you have no worries as they will handle anything you throw at it. Js

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have re-thought this... (wanted something for "carry around"... thought it would be nice to have "sun-ohm" instead of crappy MTL pods that have failed on me... long story) Have decided to just get another Innokin Kroma-Z pod mod (love mine so far) and the old one will end up being my "carry around". I even considered "disposable" but most don't have re-charge (no way for me) I should have explained my goals... a carry around that is not a wimpy "suck a golf ball through a garden hose". The Kroma-Z has an option for 0.3 ohm coil (that I love... more than the MTL 0.8 it also comes with) I should have explained my original post better.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Or p28a cells and then you have no worries as they will handle anything you throw at it. Js
Is that Molicel? I have some 26a and love them (18650) just don't want to use them for this application (also have Sony VTC5a) and love those too. Both of those are for "stay at home mods" The Kroma-Z will be better for a carry around (and all I use are Innokin Z coils... want to stick with one brand/style)
On a side note... shifting to RTAs and RDAs for home use (will be posting soon on the rebuilding threads soon) Come to think of it... disposable tank (WTF was I thinking?)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I found some other disposable tanks by FreeMax. Might try a few because they have many options for different coils (lower power than the Innokin) that should work fine with my single 18650 mod.

VU Sponsors