Become a Patron!

Innokin Isub G with 2.0 coil??

badmamjam

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have seen recent discussions says the Isub G now has a 2.0 coil? Is that correct? For the IsubG? No need to get a different tank than the one I have and use with their .2 coils?

I'm having trouble with such big clouds burning up my juice so fast on a .2 coil. Would it be better as far as not burning up my juice so quick with a 2.0 coil?

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Worth a try, not sure how they perform tho, dunno anybody that's used those 2 ohm coils yet.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's a 0.2 ohm coil not 2.0 ohms. The standard coil is 0.5 ohms. To burn less juice you would want a higher resistance. You can of course rebuild them to whatever resistance you want. I rebuild mine with nickel or titanium for use in temperature control.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
They have .2 and full 2ohm coil now, 2 ohm is weird but it is what it is.

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The iSub has 0.2, 0.5, and 2.0 ohm coils. I agree with Joshua that the 2.0 is weird, I would have liked something in the 1.2 or 1.0 range.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My bad, I looked them up at several places and the 2.0 wasn't mentioned, just the 0.2 and 0.5. Perhaps they haven't made it to them yet. 2.0 does seem like an odd choice.

Last edited:

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vaporbeast has all 3 resistances available, I ordered some .2 from them, just haven't tried one yet.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah, one place I didn't look and I just ordered a Lemo 2 from them on the 2nd. Still hasn't shipped. I usually just wait for MFS to do their periodical 40% off coil deal, picked up and extra pack for the Isub on the last one. They still only offer the 0.5 though, at least for now.

Last edited:
Hi badmamjam,

I am currently using the Isub 2.0 ohm coils in my Apex tank, and yes, you will slow your juice consumption down as well as the rate your mod's battery drains. I have found it to be a substantially cooler vape, and while cloud production is certainly less to my senses, flavor is very nice. If you are both a flavor chaser and want to go through juice more frugally, then yes, they are a good value. Innokin will be coming out with an RTA later this year for the Apex, so rewicking these 2.0 ohm coils will tide me over till then. I bought two packs of them on ebay from a seller called hebestars.

I'm MTL. The standard Apex regular 2.0 coil is less restrictive than the 2.0 kanthal coil. I had the AFC completely open with the kanthal coil, and it was still very restrictive on an Apex tank. I have the AFC completely closed with the regular coil, and cannot tell any difference from my Zenith tank with 1.6 coils, except a better flavor with the Apex. Who knew??

VU Sponsors