Become a Patron!

Innokin Proton questions.

EquivalentExchange

Member For 3 Years
So I just got an Innokin Proton and I have two questions I can’t figure out with it.

1. Is there a way to put into “hard” mode. I find vapes to be better when I can adjust the ‘hit’ like on my ijoy Shogun.

2. It says I can upgrade the firmware but I haven’t figured out where to go to download it. The Innokin site has nothing.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
So I just got an Innokin Proton and I have two questions I can’t figure out with it.

1. Is there a way to put into “hard” mode. I find vapes to be better when I can adjust the ‘hit’ like on my ijoy Shogun.

2. It says I can upgrade the firmware but I haven’t figured out where to go to download it. The Innokin site has nothing.
In the settings. It has power curve adjustment. You can adjust the amount of wattage throughout the puff. For like "hard" mode, you'd set the beginning wattage higher than the wattage for the rest of the puff.

What does the new firmware fix? , or , what feature does it have that you need?

EquivalentExchange

Member For 3 Years
In the settings. It has power curve adjustment. You can adjust the amount of wattage throughout the puff. For like "hard" mode, you'd set the beginning wattage higher than the wattage for the rest of the puff.

What does the new firmware fix? , or , what feature does it have that you need?
1.What would you recommend for a falcon tank? Usually ran at about 70watts is it safe to go above it to like 80 for example and drop down to 70 if the coil itself is anywhere from 60-80

2. I honestly don’t know what the firmware update does, but I saw on the mod that it can be updated so my first assumption is to update it in case there were any new features added. I’m not having any issues with it though, but I always like to keenmy mods firmware up to date if I plan to use them often.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
You could use that first second or 2 of the curve to get the coil hotter/faster, could even go higher than 80 if you need to on the first setting since it's only for about a second. Just have to play around with it and see what you like.
If it's a SS coil and you can adjust wattage while in TC mode, then you can do the same thing, but kinda different. In TC you can have the wattage higher than you vape and this only lasts till the coil gets to the temp you set, then the mod regulates the voltage/wattage to keep it at the temp you had set it at.
EX: 450F with 100 watts just means that the mod will use up to that 100W to get the coil up to 540F, then regulate the wattage to keep it at 450F.

Since there's a brick risk, I don't update FW unless the mod has a known issue, or the update has a new feature that I really want.
Suggest first looking to see if there IS an update, then investigate what it's for.

Boyblue

Member For 3 Years
I saw mention of VV on the Proton but none of the reviews I've seen mention it. Does the Proton have Voltage mode?

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Off topic, but be very gentle with the battery door on the Proton. Out of the box it barely makes the battery connection when closed. The hinges wear down after a while and it starts to shut off on its own. Mine is at the point where I need to turn it on for every puff, and when I do I have to hold it perfectly straight and apply force to the battery door to ensure connection.

VU Sponsors