Ipv 3 li over voltage protection error

A14U4IA

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So discovered my 7.2v charger over charges 18650s in series
So tried to rig an emergency charger from an rc or helicopter for 7.2v packs. And by the time it registered charged they were overcharged. Never got hot so I didnt think anything was amiss until I got an HHHHHHHHHHHH reading on my ipv3. So will have to babysit the charger waiting for amazon. Apparently came off at 4.5v err.... The nitecore om20 looks promising, but the usb connection failed on my old one, but I would expect some customer service as opposed to now defunct radio shack I guess.

So having to break my battery mairrages since I don't want to rig up a mech in series. Can't find that error anywhere, but that seems to be the problem and solution.

fratervapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The 7.2v charger may have been for nimh/nicad chemistry. A good hobby grade charger will handle all the major chemistry with configurable deltas, etc. Li in series no problem up to the charger's max voltage.

Name brand ones are about $100 (triton, etc) and generic 4-button clones run from about $25-$40 but will charge just about anything with safety and precision. The clones are fine. Just picked those because they came up first.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have the official ipv3 charger if Interested in buying it pm me.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors