Become a Patron!

IPV D2 Review

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Here is my overall opinion of the IPV D2. You can read the entire review that lead to this here: IPV D2

Overall Impression: Despite my issues/annoyances with the D2, I really like it a LOT. At about $60 (including shipping) for the kit I bought, it is really the most cost effective mod I have gotten yet. No device (at least for me) is perfect, but this little mod has quickly become my go-to vape. I love the pocket friendly size, the feel of the buttons, and the fact that it has temperature control. The inset display will really help keep the screen from scratching, and it is inset deep enough to help shade the screen for easy viewing in bright light. Battery life so far has been exceptional with this mod, it came with a brand new Samsung 25R and I can run a full day (~10ml juice) of vaping at ~30 joules without needing to change/charge it. The kit I bought came with a carbon fiber wrap that should help with any scratches, and it really makes the D2 look SEXY! Do I love this mod? No, not yet, but it is growing on me more and more every day. If it holds up over a couple more weeks, then I will likely buy another, because it is inexpensive and fits my vaping style and needs.

Last edited:

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for your insight on this little device. It's been in my sights since I have enjoyed 'most everything about the IPV 4 although it's a handful to cart around and I'm not completely satisfied with the iStick TC 40s.

Edit: When and if you decide on a second device, they're available from US vendors now for less than $45 (although you'll have to pony up for batts).

Last edited:

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Thank you for your insight on this little device. It's been in my sights since I have enjoyed 'most everything about the IPV 4 although it's a handful to cart around and I'm not completely satisfied with the iStick TC 40s.

Edit: When and if you decide on a second device, they're available from US vendors now for less than $45 (although you'll have to pony up for batts).
My pleasure @SailCat ! I think for the sub $50 price tag, you can't go wrong. It is still performing well for me, and I am quite happy with it. There are still some things that annoy me about it, but not enough to stop using it ... I'm pretty confident that the quality of the mod is better than the iStick TC 40. Full disclosure though, I have never used the iStick TC 40, my opinion is simply based on the "feel" of the iStick products in general. Some folks really love them, they just aren't for me. :D

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Frankly, @DevAuto, having read your review here as well as on your blog, you'd do better with another IPV D2 thank an iStick TC40 if, that is, you wanted another medium-power, pocket-friendly device.

BTW, our buddy, Ashley @Wake&Vape is the (VU approved) vendor offering the $45 price, but it doesn't come with a 25R (or anything else) at that cost. <G>

Last edited:

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Frankly, @DevAuto, having read your review here ass well as on your blog, you'd do better with another IPV D2 thank an iStick TC40 if, that is, you wanted another medium-power, pocket-friendly device.

BTW, our buddy, Ashley @Wake&Vape is the (VU approved) vendor offering the $45 price, but it doesn't come with a 25R (or anything else) at that cost. <G>
I don't disagree with you. I have considered a second D2, but I'm still waiting to get my eVic VTC Mini. I truly don't need more than a 50w TC capable mod. My vaping needs are nicotine delivery and flavor, and I don't have to go above 28 watts or so to achieve that. 50,60,75 watts are ALL overkill for me, but it boils down to functionality and ergonomics. Essentially, what feels good in my hands, and what works reliably for me. To date, I have not found the "perfect" mod, but all the mods I own do meet my needs in some way, some just do it a little better than others.

When I wrote the review, Ashley was offering a package for $55 that did include the battery, a carbon fibre wrap, and a "Wake and Vape" vape sock. Add in shipping and it was right around the $60 price point, an awesome deal for everything that I got. If I chose to buy another, I would definitely look there first!

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep, Ashley is great for both product and service. I've made multiple purchases there and will do so in the future.

Thanks again for the review!

asinanro2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thx for your work @DevAuto really help me a lot, but i want to ask you about the ball bearing battery cover, is it good enough? Because i need a device that able to last long.thx n sorry for my broken english.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Thx for your work @DevAuto really help me a lot, but i want to ask you about the ball bearing battery cover, is it good enough? Because i need a device that able to last long.thx n sorry for my broken english.

I don't know how long it will hold up, but it has been holding up pretty well so far. I do have to squeeze the cover every couple of days to readjust it, but otherwise it seems to work pretty well. It seems to loosen a little bit every couple of days, maybe from the way I hold it. I don't know if anyone else has this issue with theirs or not.

asinanro2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't know how long it will hold up, but it has been holding up pretty well so far. I do have to squeeze the cover every couple of days to readjust it, but otherwise it seems to work pretty well. It seems to loosen a little bit every couple of days, maybe from the way I hold it. I don't know if anyone else has this issue with theirs or not.
Can u give me suggestion which 1 to pick between vtc mini or ipv d2? I love both, but my budget make have to choose 1.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Can u give me suggestion which 1 to pick between vtc mini or ipv d2? I love both, but my budget make have to choose 1.

I can't really give you a comparison yet. but if you have to pick one today, then the D2 is quite nice, and despite my issues with it, it seems to be holding up pretty well. I don't think it would be a bad decision, at least so far. Maybe in 2 or 3 months my opinion will change, but based off of my usage so far, as of *today* I can recommend it.

It is definitely a good performer and very budget friendly. HTH!

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think it ends soon maybe by tomorrow

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

asinanro2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't really give you a comparison yet. but if you have to pick one today, then the D2 is quite nice, and despite my issues with it, it seems to be holding up pretty well. I don't think it would be a bad decision, at least so far. Maybe in 2 or 3 months my opinion will change, but based off of my usage so far, as of *today* I can recommend it.

It is definitely a good performer and very budget friendly. HTH!
Thanks yu bro, really help me a lot.

VU Sponsors