Become a Patron!

IPV5 driver download help?

I hooked up my IPV5 to my computer for the first time today. I cannot find the drivers to download to get my computer to actually connect with the device. I've downloaded the SXi software and have no clue what to do from here. There are no files present in the driver download option. The software also states that I am running the sx350 chip. I've looked at the P4Y website and can't find anything related to the IPV5, only their other mods. This is my first time posting on this forum, any help would be really nice, thanks.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are no updates available yet for the IPV5. I found this on their site under the IPV5 FAQ

Q. Will There Be Firmware Upgrades For This Device?

A. Yes! You will be able to update your IPV5 to the latest software easily with the custom P4Y software.

p4y-ipv5-box-mod-300x207.png

Q. How Do I Update My Device?

A. When there is a firmware updated we will released detailed instructions as well as a video showing you the easy steps that you need to follow.

Here's the link if you are interested.

Cheers,
Steve

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years
There currently is not an update nor updated SXI software covering the IPV5 as of yet. Which is disappointing as this is how you are supposed to be able to change the screen graphic.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There currently is not an update nor updated SXI software covering the IPV5 as of yet. Which is disappointing as this is how you are supposed to be able to change the screen graphic.
Typical Pioneer, I have a ipv4, after going through all of the crap associated with it, I'm done with Pioneer, they are shady. Just my opinion.

I had a feeling that
There are no updates available yet for the IPV5. I found this on their site under the IPV5 FAQ

A. Yes! You will be able to update your IPV5 to the latest software easily with the custom P4Y software.

A. When there is a firmware updated we will released detailed instructions as well as a video showing you the easy steps that you need to follow.

Cheers,
Steve

I had a feeling this was the case. Thank you for the responses, help was found! =]

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the heads up. Can figure out how to use the software to upgrade though, anybody now how to use it on a Windows 10 laptop?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do have an old XP laptop, keep it around for this kind of emergency. Will report back if it works.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On another forum I remember people were having a heck of a time updating their SX Mini ML's (Yihi). IIRC they had to extract a driver or something to that effect. I'm not sure if it's the same issue, but if I come across the step by step - I'll pass it along.

Cheers,
Steve

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was able to connect my IPV5 to the computer, you have to remove the batteries. I installed the USB driver and connected the device to the SXI software but that's about as far as I have gotten. Unable to load the update file to update the device.

I was actually thinking about the new Yihi SX Mini Q but if this is the kind of crap software they put out then I will pass. Still enjoy using my IPV5 but doing updates should be as easy as the RX200/eVic Mini

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years
I had no issues upgrading mine. You have to install the software, then launch it, install the driver, connect to it, then upgrade it. The upgrade file is in the same zip file as the upgrade utility.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got mine to finally go on my Windows 10 laptop. I always use a user acct for security but for this upgrade I had to log on to the administrator account. To make the file easy to find I made a folder on my desktop. I could not load the file under a user account but was able to under the administrator account. Upgrade takes about 8 seconds and my IPV5 is working just fine like before, will update if I find any glitches but so far it works just like before.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rather than use a separate account you can just right click on the program file and select run as administrator.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rather than use a separate account you can just right click on the program file and select run as administrator.

I tried that as well and it didn't work. I actually gave up until a friend who is in IT called me who finally got his update to work after I told him to remove the batteries. We finally figured out the problem and I was able to update mine as well.

Used it all night and most of the day today without any glitches. I have read some having problems after the update with the up/down buttons freezing so if your IPV5 is working perfectly then maybe best to skip this update.

how did you do it I just keep getting.this file unsupport but undefined,but support sx330-ipv5 my mate also has the same problem I know there is a fix because I did it with the m class I just cant remember how
thanks

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Does anyone have the link to the update? All I can find is the FAQ in the link above, not downloads or firmware that I can find. I know it's out there somewhere!

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is this update just for the xpure tank or for the graphic also? Should I do it? I don't have the tank anyways

I am getting the same error message when I try to update my IPV5, file unsupport but undefined,but support sx330-ipv5 .

Anyone figure this out yet?

Last edited:

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
although since I don't have the SX Pure, I am not real sure there is any reason for me to upgrade

I do have the IPV PURE X2 and all I can say is I wasn't very impressed.
The Eleaf Melo 3, Vaporesso Target Tank, Tobeco Super Tank all blow it out of the water.
Absolutely nothing special.
Although, that is just my opinion.

I am getting the same error message when I try to update my IPV5, file unsupport but undefined,but support sx330-ipv5 .

Anyone figure this out yet?

I got the same error, but I think I found the answer. I checked my firmware version and v2.10 came pre-installed on mine. So, basically it isn't letting you downgrade to v2.0. You can check yours by removing a battery, press and hold the fire button, insert the battery while still holding the button and in a few seconds the screen will display your firmware version.

how did you do it I just keep getting.this file unsupport but undefined,but support sx330-ipv5 my mate also has the same problem I know there is a fix because I did it with the m class I just cant remember how
thanks
See my reply to JSV above. Hope it helps!

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All it needs is an update to correct the adjustment button lock up and at a 316L pre-set. That would make it perfect IMO.

Make
I hooked up my IPV5 to my computer for the first time today. I cannot find the drivers to download to get my computer to actually connect with the device. I've downloaded the SXi software and have no clue what to do from here. There are no files present in the driver download option. The software also states that I am running the sx350 chip. I've looked at the P4Y website and can't find anything related to the IPV5, only their other mods. This is my first time posting on this forum, any help would be really nice, thanks.
sure your batteries are out before connecting then on the six software go to connect and connect the device.in the pionner4you website there are the updates in the download tap download the the ipv5 2.0 file will be there download it thenonce it's downloaded put it on your browser so it'll be easy to access then plugtye device in make sure it's connected then select the download and then download the update

I'm having difficulty downloading the ipv5 2.0 software, I have everything set up but the file will not download onto my device even though it's connected. Also recently my mod will randomly just fire constantly without notice or even handling the device, I have no idea why it's doing that any suggestions would be appreciated

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has there ever been an update since the SXPure update? And if so, where can you find the update files? I went to the p4u website and it has changed. ....ALLOT. And not for the better either. I found files for the d3 and d4 and a few other files, but absolutely nothing for the IPV5. Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers,
Steve
can u repost the the file because u cant find it anywhere anymore

VU Sponsors