Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you buy one, Eddie is gonna get ya.
eddie.jpg

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dang... I didn't know Iron Maiden was band!! That's where all the law suit shit talks are coming from!! HUH!

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dang... I didn't know Iron Maiden was band!! That's where all the law suit shit talks are coming from!! HUH!

Either you're very young or living on the moon :D
As far as I know it wasn't about stealing the name since it originated from this:
hqdefault.jpg

It's about stealing the font.

It was actually hard to find an actual iron maiden device image between all the band photos :D

Last edited:

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gearbest has them for $21 shipped slow-slow boat. I'm fighting the urge. I've bought WAY to much stuff over the last few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought the tank is a clone... a fucking FONT!! Give me a break!!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you want to put out a RDA..come up with your own logo, don't steal one from a well established band
I thought the hellvape tank was a clone of the Iron Maiden,I didnt know Iron Maiden is a freaking band... lol

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
yeah, they were the pop music of the 80's.
I was into Dead Kennedys, Sex Pistols, Ramones, NY Dolls, Iggy, etc. Now that was some music ;)
I never heard of any of those guys until I entered high school in 86, to that point all I listened to was Kiss, AC/DC, Iron Maiden and Ozzy :)

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never heard of any of those guys until I entered high school in 86, to that point all I listened to was Kiss, AC/DC, Iron Maiden and Ozzy :)
Yeah I grew up in the NW, then when I went into the Marines I was stationed in Orange County. That really opened up my eyes and ears, damn 80's in S. California was a wonderful time. I was then in and out of there for work in the late 90's and early 2000's, it's turned into a total shit hole. But back in the early and mid 80's .................. what an amazing place to be then :shades:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I grew up in the NW, then when I went into the Marines I was stationed in Orange County. That really opened up my eyes and ears, damn 80's in S. California was a wonderful time. I was then in and out of there for work in the late 90's and early 2000's, it's turned into a total shit hole. But back in the early and mid 80's .................. what an amazing place to be then :shades:

So Cal's still an amazing place with amazing weather but rock just isn't what it used to be (anywhere). Especially punk, no big punk bands other than bubblegum punk like green day. :bingo:
Still some cool garage bands but punks been dead for a while :deadhorse:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So Cal's still an amazing place with amazing weather but rock just isn't what it used to be (anywhere). Especially punk, no big punk bands other than bubblegum punk like green day. :bingo:
Still some cool garage bands but punks been dead for a while :deadhorse:
Disagree, LA is a shithole ;)

As for Punk they just never sold out and the established corporate entertainment which only spews out generic garbage from focus groups.

Punk is just sleeping off a drunk massive drunk ;)

punk_zpsrl21kuvf.jpg

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I was into Dead Kennedys, Sex Pistols, Ramones, NY Dolls, Iggy, etc. Now that was some music
Right on Rossco. Don't forget The Clash!! <<<< Joe Strummer was the MAN! Died too young. Even after the Clash with the Mescaleros ... great stuff.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I lived in Van Nuys in the 80's....wow....what a time, especially on Van Nuys Blvd on Friday and Saturday nights with the SS 396....:wave:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right on Rossco. Don't forget The Clash!! <<<< Joe Strummer was the MAN! Died too young. Even after the Clash with the Mescaleros ... great stuff.
Oh yes, the Clash. Then Misfits, Black Flag, Circle Jerks, etc. Love all that old shit, I miss the time when musicians were ugly ;)

Also love Skinny Puppy, Ministry, etc.

Anyway as of late been really enjoying Hank III, I love his Hellbilly. Damn good shit there and his Country is pretty damn good also. Yes I love Country, "Real" Country, not the corporate spewed Pop garbage like the Dixie Sluts, or Garth Brooks crap.

Yes I have a wide variety of tastes, my music collection ranges from Mozart to the Dead Kennedys, I enjoy talent and despise the corporate spewed crap that infects the airwaves now.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I lived in Van Nuys in the 80's....wow....what a time, especially on Van Nuys Blvd on Friday and Saturday nights with the SS 396....:wave:
Yeah was a great time during that decade, as I mentioned it really opened up my mind when I got stationed there.

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes I have a wide variety of tastes, my music collection ranges from Mozart to the Dead Kennedys, I enjoy talent and despise the corporate spewed crap that infects the airwaves now.
There is sooooo much shit out there. I don't even listen to music on the radio...except the University station some. I got old! I lived through the 60s (high school) and loved that...then the 70s and 80s punk explosion...it was a damn good time!

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Disagree, LA is a shithole ;)

As for Punk they just never sold out and the established corporate entertainment which only spews out generic garbage from focus groups.

Punk is just sleeping off a drunk massive drunk ;)

punk_zpsrl21kuvf.jpg

Bah, you couldn't lure me out of here with a $200k mansion on 2 acres.

But to each his own, born & raised, lived in other states but to me nothing beats it ;)

Yeah, that looks like a few of my friends still lol:cheers:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bah, you couldn't lure me out of here with a $200k mansion on 2 acres.

But to each his own, born & raised, lived in other states but to me nothing beats it ;)

Yeah, that looks like a few of my friends still lol:cheers:
$200k mansion? Only place you can get for that price that is in Mississippi ;)

k3u3gi.jpg

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is sooooo much shit out there. I don't even listen to music on the radio...except the University station some. I got old! I lived through the 60s (high school) and loved that...then the 70s and 80s punk explosion...it was a damn good time!
Yep, same here. I go so far as the same with TV and Cable, haven't had that shit in over a decade.

The joys of internet streaming, I'd go nuts if it wasn't for that ;)

I went through High School at the end of the 70's, but older brothers insured I was well versed in good R&R. Plus spent a good chunk of my youth living in a small redneck logging town so I have my Country (again REAL Country) roots.

I appreciate all music though, well most. Rap makes my ears bleed, but I enjoy talent and loath the sterile corporate entertainment. That goes for movies also.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah I've been liking it so far. While the ceramic chamber cuts the space on the deck down a bit that's not necessarily a con, actually it's a plus. This adds to it producing better flavor, yeah been liking it enough to order another one for the FDA Stash.

It's well built, looks good and has a lot of airflow options like top airflow. I'm not a fan of top air flow for I've found it mutes the flavor, but for some that's a plus. The afc adjustment is like the velocity, screw up and down.

So yeah, I've been enjoying it, well machined, holds a lot of juice (haven't measured but estimate at least 5ml) good flavor and looks good on my 26650 tubes. This one I got off ebay for $42 and then ordered another from 3FVape for $26.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got to know Iron maiden by taking a record player and some records off my father's hands.
Out of which the 2 noticeable ones were Iron maiden - Piece of mind and Deep purple - In rock.
My father didn't have much appreciation for them, but I sure as hell did.

They were formed at 75 so you can say me and them were formed at the same year.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That was definitely the good times! Punk>hair bands

Punk influenced so much in music, like the Blues greats the most influential Punk didn't make shit for money. But then again Punk was a statement, screaming out against the machine .......

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought the tank is a clone... a fucking FONT!! Give me a break!!
If you were ever into wrestling, look what happened to the WWF (World Wrestling Federation).
World Wildlife Fund made them change it and they ended up with WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)
But as far as being sued over a font, this definitely wouldn't be the first time.
NBCU and Hasbro are all up in that shit.
Mixpanel and Tumblr...
Odd that you can copywrite a font.
Is that your best excuse?
Just messin with ya.

kind of like a 600lb dude would act when the store is out of their favorite cheese puffs and he's a cravin...
Is it bad that the first thing I thought of was a fat kid and cake?
mmmm cake.

Debbiej

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
$200k mansion? Only place you can get for that price that is in Mississippi ;)

k3u3gi.jpg
You know, there is so much there that it almost looks good. One is tacky, two or three even worse, but this.......kinda impressive. Wrote from the hills of SW Va., 20 miles from west by God Va.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
it's a beast. haven't done a formal review yet but used it in my last video

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got my Iron Maiden the other day. Liking it so far, but I got one complaint. The top cap isn't very tight. The damn pops off super easy.

Anyone feel the same way?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I got my Iron Maiden the other day. Liking it so far, but I got one complaint. The top cap isn't very tight. The damn pops off super easy.

mine is on tight. you sure you didn't lost an o-ring? if anything I'd say it's harder to get on then it should be. I think the lip should have been made a little higher personally but in actual use I have no issues with it at all. I'm just nit picking

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Mine is perfect, but if it's a bit too loose just put a wrap or two under the o-rings ;)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine is perfect, but if it's a bit too loose just put a wrap or two under the o-rings ;)

mine is on tight. you sure you didn't lost an o-ring? if anything I'd say it's harder to get on then it should be. I think the lip should have been made a little higher personally but in actual use I have no issues with it at all. I'm just nit picking

There's two o-rings. Next time I rebuild it I'll swap out the spares. If that doesn't help, I'll breakout the plumbers tape.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's two o-rings. Next time I rebuild it I'll swap out the spares. If that doesn't help, I'll breakout the plumbers tape.

Let me clarify a bit more, wrap or two I mean wrap or two of Dental Floss.

I've needed to do this to a couple of my devices

VU Sponsors