Become a Patron!

Is it my batteries or my mod?

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
image.jpeg so I been getting weird reads on my mod lately for my batteries. It would read 90 or 80 but then once I take it out and re-pop it back in I get a 10.

Like after I click the fire button it would turn to a different number. I'm not sure if it's my batteries or my mod.

My batteries are bought at this electronic whole sale market where the dude sell vape stuff in China. Batteries $5 usd each and under.

I have a aug v200 China version (it's the same but I just have a VTEC logo instead of a v200 logo) and I'm not sure if it's the mod that causing his problem or if it's my batteries.

Everything still works, just a little inconvenient for as i sometimes forget to charge.

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
sounds like your mod is going.
as to batteries, i suppose you can't get any that mooch recommends?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
He's got a pair of VCT6 there

Experience tells me it the mod

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd say batteries. A stall at a china importers selling batteries for $5 each - close to or lower than wholesale for VTC6 - is suspect at best. And, it's cheaper to replace 2 batteries and test than to replace the entire mod and test.

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
i didn't notice the vct6s.
if they are real, it has to be the mod.
i have some vct6s n they are great.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You should turn off the MOD before changing batteries in my experience. I have had a MOD wind up to MAX Wattage after changing batteries when it was powered on and do some other weird ass shit. Turning off the MOD stops it from a power failure or power restore because it was ON when you took out the batteries. Just a thought and some personal experience. Good Luck

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
good idea, steve.
i hadn't thot of that.

this guy is convinced it's his batteries.

Reasons Why Vape Mods Might Not Work

1. The device is off
2. The battery is not installed
3. The battery isn’t charged
4. Your batteries have met their end
5. The battery door is not closed

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not very often, on regulated mods, or MOSFET mods.
Once every 6 months should do. Isopropyl alcohol on a q-tip.

Do it roughly every fortnight for mechs, or rather as needed upon visual & tactile inspection. Thing with mechs you're going to have arcing. You can somewhat avoid it if you use some OxGard or any electrical dialectic grease. It doesn't take much of the grease either. You'll still get the arcing but the grease helps reduce it to some degree, and helps to keep batteries from welding to firing mechanisms, or possibly other nasty stuff.

Just adding a little advice for mechs in general.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You should turn off the MOD before changing batteries in my experience. I have had a MOD wind up to MAX Wattage after changing batteries when it was powered on and do some other weird ass shit. Turning off the MOD stops it from a power failure or power restore because it was ON when you took out the batteries. Just a thought and some personal experience. Good Luck

Good way to make "bricks" out of regulated mods, that "surge" you talk about. I'm not completely against regulated devices. But this is yet another reason I choose mechs. And I know there's a trade off, I need to know what I'm building coil wise and watch for when it's time to change to a fresh battery, keep it maintained. For me it's worth that.

Eventually though, yes, I might someday own some kind of regulated mod again. Not quite there yet, even if I consider it I'd still have mechs as well. :)

VU Sponsors