Become a Patron!

Is it okay to use a 3.3 V pre-filled cartridge on battery w/ 5.5v maximum output?

I want to screw the cartridge into the battery of my Endura T18 which is:
  • 510 Threaded
  • Minimum Resistance: 1.2 Ohm
  • Maximum output Wattage: 14W
  • Maximum output Current: 3.5A
  • Maximum output Voltage: 5.5V
The pre-filled cartridge is 510 threaded as well but takes 3.3 volts. Everywhere I looked only listed the maximum outputs of the Endura T18 except here, which says the volt output is 3.3 - 5.5. I can't change the voltage on this vape, but if the coil falls in that range, would it work safely?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I want to screw the cartridge into the battery of my Endura T18 which is:
  • 510 Threaded
  • Minimum Resistance: 1.2 Ohm
  • Maximum output Wattage: 14W
  • Maximum output Current: 3.5A
  • Maximum output Voltage: 5.5V
The pre-filled cartridge is 510 threaded as well but takes 3.3 volts. Everywhere I looked only listed the maximum outputs of the Endura T18 except here, which says the volt output is 3.3 - 5.5. I can't change the voltage on this vape, but if the coil falls in that range, would it work safely?

Hard to say for sure, if you don't know the resistance of the cartridge. I expect it to be anywhere from 2 - 3.5 ohms - your battery may either not tolerate the high resistance at all, or it will try to crank out it's max voltage to get the 14 watts it aims for.

I predict it would burn your coil up pretty fast, if you mean it's one of these:
kanger-5-pc-horizontal-cartomizer-both-open300hw.jpg

They are meant for very low wattage (5-9 watts) usually, the 14 watts your Endura supplies will be too much. I would not say it it Dangerous, but may be unpleasant.

The cartridges were designed for 3.3 volts, but your Endura will supply way more than 3.3 volts to try to reach 14 watts.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depends on what you have in the cartridges. .. but it going to run hot I would think

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will be about 22 watts at full charge... on the high side but doable... really gonna come down to what you are vaping and how well it wicks.

Short pulses should avoid burning the wick.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Will be about 22 watts at full charge... on the high side but doable... really gonna come down to what you are vaping and how well it wicks.

Short pulses should avoid burning the wick.

From what I understand, his battery tries to maintain 14 watts regardless of the atomizer, varying its voltage from 3.3 to 5.5 volts accordingly

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From what I understand, his battery tries to maintain 14 watts regardless of the atomizer, varying its voltage from 3.3 to 5.5 volts accordingly
Yeah I missed the 3.5amp limit....
Which tells me the mod will reduce output volt from the max 5 volts to whatever is volts is 3.5amp and 14 watts....

Still wether it works for the user or not gonna depnding on what you are vaping.....from you prefilled tank.

There's no safety issue I can see... just vape quality.

VU Sponsors