Become a Patron!

Is it okay to vape past 3.7 volts?

McNuggetLover

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know this question may seem stupid, but I don't wanna blow up my batteries or end up in the ER and have a messed up face.. lol.
I have RX200s and the Smok TFV8 , the smok coils say they're best vaped at around 120 watts ( and from my experience this is true).
But I am worried because my batteries say 3.7 volts. Anything above 80 wats passes that, and 120 watts is 4.4 volts.
Does that mean I should not vape anything past 3.7 voltage?

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can certainly vape past 3.7 volts on that RX200. 3.7 volts is like median voltage for an 18650, it tops off fresh off the charger at 4.2 volts. The RX has 3 batteries run in series (i believe) so at least theoretically you could vape it at 12+ volts on fresh batteries, though the RX limits itself to a max of 9 volts. Crank that shit up.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're fine. It's the amps you need to worry about.

McNuggetLover

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can certainly vape past 3.7 volts on that RX200. 3.7 volts is like median voltage for an 18650, it tops off fresh off the charger at 4.2 volts. The RX has 3 batteries run in series (i believe) so at least theoretically you could vape it at 12+ volts on fresh batteries, though the RX limits itself to a max of 9 volts. Crank that shit up.

Thanks, I was worried cause batteries said 3.7 V on them so thought it would be dangerous to go above that.

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, I was worried cause batteries said 3.7 V on them so thought it would be dangerous to go above that.
It's good you have such concern and ask around before going "beyond" what you consider is safe. I can reassure you as I have a similar setup on my RX200S and I vape it at ~ 5+ volts with no problem. And yes, the mod has a cut-off at 9 volts, you can't go above that, it's one of their built-in safety features.
FYI, the RX200S is a 3 batteries run in series mod.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

No problem. With regulated mods, the battery voltage doesnt matter much other than for battery life. Its when you get into mechanical mods that the actual battery voltage is important to know and keep an eye on, as whatever the battery voltage is, thats what your atty will be firing at. But with regulated mods, almost all of them have adjustable voltage/wattage controls and battery/voltage meters built into the chip and screen. You really have to fuck up bad to have a serious mishap with a regulated mod.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Series's box mods
DOUBLE THE VOLTAGE
8.4 total FULL CHARGE plus 4.2
DO THE MATH...

VAPE ON

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Series's box mods
DOUBLE THE VOLTAGE
8.4 total FULL CHARGE plus 4.2
DO THE MATH...

VAPE ON

And theyre my favorite mods ever. I cant get down with single battery mechs/tubes, aint even really feeling parallels. Series is where its at. I wanna get my hands on a triple battery series next. Feel that power

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And theyre my favorite mods ever. I cant get down with single battery mechs/tubes, aint even really feeling parallels. Series is where its at. I wanna get my hands on a triple battery series next. Feel that power
Imagine a stacked box mod
Pure voltage power

VAPE ON

VU Sponsors